Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,521 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan (139473 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 9:05am On Feb 11, 2020
ChocolateHigh:
An agent promised my brother Japanese visa for 1.5million naira to go and hustling . flight ticket not included

lmao...goodluck...you just dash person that kind money for this buhari regime
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Hadampson(m): 9:45am On Feb 11, 2020
ChocolateHigh:
An agent promised my brother Japanese visa for 1.5million naira to go and hustling . flight ticket not included

1.5 million naira in this regime shocked

Your brother has been duped. Japan is not a country where a Nigerian can hustle (hustle in Nigerian context) He cannot work with a visit visa in Japan

That aside, what type of visa is he processing for your brother?

Justwise and many nairalanders has warned people not to use agents. Applying for visa is something your brother can do.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Ghaniyul: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2020
Hadampson:

Your brother has been duped. Japan is not a country where a Nigerian can hustle (hustle in Nigerian context) He cannot work with a visit visa in Japan

Justwise and many nairalanders has warned people not to use agents. Applying for visa is something your brother can do.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2020
Hadampson:

they will never adhere to advise or believe.
they think you want to block their chances
All you need to do is even google japanese visa , he will see the forms of japanese visa and requirements but NO....agent!!!!!
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 12:05am On Feb 12, 2020
Fk1987:
Hello bro, no I meant visa application not certificate of eligibility.

Oh! Ok!
I misunderstood.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 12:58am On Feb 12, 2020
asorock9ja:
Telling me not to come with a tourist visa sounds like a discouragement, because I believe that not everybody living in Japan came with/has a resident paper and there must be a way of survival so please you people over there should stop making it seems like a crime and guide us on the way forward if there is any.
Thanks!

shocked
Illegal is crime.
Nothing different between illegal and crime to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Bigfool32: 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
[quote author=Hello my people this guy named GODWIN OSARIEMEN is a fraudster he is telling people to flip in money and get triple payment after the money has been sent to him he will ask them to pay money for form after you pay the money for form he will ask you to pay money for cot nd keep showing u the process ao the money is yielding bt at the end of the day you won't be refund please do not fall a victim cos am a victim nd I dnt want my fellow people to fall a victim as well to before harmed is before warned pls take note here is the act details:9065705113 STANBIC BANK OSARIEMEN GOODWIN A
+2348122653830
+234 708 797 2223[color=#000099][/color] post=68145923]
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Bigfool32: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
WARNING WARNING WARNING[color=#006600][/color]

Hello my people this guy named GODWIN OSARIEMEN is a fraudster he is telling people to flip in money and get triple payment after the money has been sent to him he will ask them to pay money for form after you pay the money for form he will ask you to pay money for cot nd keep showing u the process ao the money is yielding bt at the end of the day you won't be refund please do not fall a victim cos am a victim nd I dnt want my fellow people to fall a victim as well to before harmed is before warned pls take note here is the act details:9065705113 STANBIC BANK OSARIEMEN GOODWIN A
+2348122653830
+234 708 797 2223
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by endee1996(f): 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
hi guys,how legit are these teaching jobs in Japan organized by some Private companies? they offer visa sponsorship self.
anyone here who got to Japan through that route?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
endee1996:
hi guys,how legit are these teaching jobs in Japan organized by some Private companies? they offer visa sponsorship self.
anyone here who got to Japan through that route?

By teaching job , you mean English teaching jobs?
Nigerians are not considered as native English speakers, the way to get English teaching jobs is to be on ground to get the job.
Try to research about trainee visa, send mails to Japanese embassy in Nigeria about it, I don’t know if they ate considering Nigerians yet for that visa.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
Just an info for you guys from an insider (as well as some Sub-Saharan African students I get along with in the university). Apparently the Ministry of Education of Japan (Monbukagakusho) is trying to increase African student quota in Japanese universities, perhaps as an effort to spread the soft power into the continent. I'd say African applicants are given a little bit more leeway to obtain the scholarship, provided one already has gotten an approval from a prospective supervisor/professor. For the procedures, required documents, and deadlines, you can check out the website of Embassy of Japan in Nigeria (I'm not gonna spoon-fed you guys, I'm busy and there is Google to help you out). The website is here btw https://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/scholarships/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2019/04/17/scholarships_2019_e.pdf

On the other hand, they are decreasing 90% (perhaps even more) of post-graduate scholarships to Asian countries (especially other East and Southeast Asians) that it's almost impossible for them to get one now except if the applicant is truly exceptional or even a superhuman shocked. Basically the are abolishing scholarship for those folks. Till a few years ago they are the workhorses of many labs here (as graduate students), but due to this 'woes', many professors and principal investigators (PIs) are struggling to recruit new people. For example, my PI now has to put a couple of our projects on hold due to lack of new grad students. My friend's lab even got severely downsized and close to disbandment due to lack of manpower. Too bad they are sometimes don't know that they can recruit very good students from Africa but alas very few have connection to do so.

Now it's up to your effort because the next is the hardest part. Please read and study thoroughly some scientific journal articles that suits your academic background and try to come up with ideas. Be sure as well to check the professor's current projects in each lab's webpage (typically in top universities a lab/research group has a functioning and updated website) before doing so. You are also encouraged to check their relevant publications, which are often posted in the website too.

Afterwards, try to contact them in professional manner, that is, introduce yourself and give a brief academic background and explain your plan in the lab and Japan (as well as the research idea you conceive). You are needed to attach your CV/resume along with the first communication e-mail so that the professor can be ascertained that you are indeed willing to join the lab. Be patient to wait for the responses because they are super busy (sometimes up to a week). They only recruit very good (even though raw talents) students with strong grasp of respective field's concept so be very, very prepared. Upon convincing the professor that you are worthy to be the member, you'll subjected to entrance interview and test, which is just as rigorous and depends on down to the policy of the department the lab belongs to. Yes it's easy to get scholarship up to a point you earn trust from the prof but in the test they will try to weed out those who don't have the basic concepts. Some universities have low acceptance rate even for Master and PhD level entrance.

I know you Nigerians are very hard-working given being in conductive situation. Good Luck.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Beaufull(f): 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2020
hello good day to you all

please I got my working visa to japan I need help in finding a place to stay in chikushino city Kyushu
please if anyone could help me or guide me on how to get one shared house is what am currently looking for
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Beaufull:
hello good day to you all

please I got my working visa to japan I need help in finding a place to stay in chikushino city Kyushu
please if anyone could help me or guide me on how to get one shared house is what am currently looking for

How where you able to get the working visa, can you share your experience with us! I hope someone with the answer to your question with answer ASAP
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by regizoch(m): 7:16am On Feb 28, 2020
kiss
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by regizoch(m): 7:23am On Feb 28, 2020
Is this applicable to Masters in Architecture?
Which university do you suggest I search for...
I want to start searching for supervisor right away
majisuka:
Just an info for you guys from an insider (as well as some Sub-Saharan African students I get along with in the university). Apparently the Ministry of Education of Japan (Monbukagakusho) is trying to increase African student quota in Japanese universities, perhaps as an effort to spread the soft power into the continent. I'd say African applicants are giving a little bit more leeway to obtain the scholarship, provided one already has gotten an approval from a prospective supervisor/professor. For the procedures, required documents, and deadlines, you can check out the website of Embassy of Japan in Nigeria (I'm not gonna spoon-fed you guys, I'm busy and there is Google to help you out). The website is here btw https://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/scholarships/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2019/04/17/scholarships_2019_e.pdf

On the other hand, they are decreasing 90% (perhaps even more) of post-graduate scholarships to Asian countries (especially other East and Southeast Asians) that it's almost impossible for them to get one now except if the applicant is truly exceptional or even a superhuman shocked. Basically the are abolishing scholarship for those folks. Till a few years ago they are the workhorses of many labs here (as graduate students), but due to this 'woes', many professors and principal investigators (PIs) are struggling to recruit new people. For example, my PI now has to put a couple of our projects on hold due to lack of new grad students. My friend's lab even got severely downsized and close to disbandment due to lack of manpower. Too bad they are sometimes don't know that they can recruit very good students from Africa but alas very few have connection to do so.

Now it's up to your effort because the next is the hardest part. Please read and study thoroughly some scientific journal articles that suits your academic background and try to come up with ideas. Be sure as well to check the professor's current projects in each lab's webpage (typically in top universities a lab/research group has a functioning and updated website) before doing so. You are also encouraged to check their relevant publications, which are often posted in the website too.

Afterwards, try to contact them in professional manner, that is, introduce yourself and give a brief academic background and explain your plan in the lab and Japan (as well as the research idea you conceive). You are needed to attach your CV/resume along with the first communication e-mail so that the professor can be ascertained that you are indeed willing to join the lab. Be patient to wait for the responses because they are super busy (sometimes up to a week). They only recruit very good (even though raw talents) students with strong grasp of respective field's concept so be very, very prepared. Upon convincing the professor that you are worthy to be the member, you'll subjected to entrance interview and test, which is just as rigorous and depends on down to the policy of the department the lab belongs to. Yes it's easy to get scholarship up to a point you earn trust from the prof but in the test they will try to weed out those who don't have the basic concepts. Some universities have low acceptance rate even for Master and PhD level entrance.

I know you Nigerians are very hard-working given being in conductive situation. Good Luck.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Beaufull(f): 7:31am On Feb 28, 2020
EDDYBABA01:

How where you able to get the working visa, can you share your experience with us! I hope someone with the answer to your question with answer ASAP

I applied for a teaching job online
Did my interview online via Skype
Then sent my documents
They sent the COE via mail
I took it to the embassy and got the visa

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by uchman(m): 7:44am On Feb 28, 2020
Beaufull:

I applied for a teaching job online
Did my interview online via Skype
Then sent my documents
They sent the COE via mail
I took it to the embassy and got the visa

Please which document did you send?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 8:11am On Feb 28, 2020
regizoch:
Is this applicable to Masters in Architecture?
Which university do you suggest I search for...
I want to start searching for supervisor right away

I think it applies to mostly many fields of science and technology, including architecture. According to rankings published in Japan, Tokyo University and Tokyo Tech are really strong in Architecture, but you can also check out Kyoto, Kyuushu, Keio, Tohoku, Hiroshima, Chiba, and Waseda Univ.

Just another tips, aside from the specific area of interest, it's better to contact the labs with multiple international students (or have long experience dealing with them, they often post the list of alumni and their last known position in their website as well). At least you will find it handy and easier to adapt and the professors in these labs tend to be really proficient in English as many had worked abroad upon returning to Japan.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 8:28am On Feb 28, 2020
majisuka:

I think it applies to mostly many fields of science and technology, including architecture. According to rankings published in Japan, Tokyo University and Tokyo Tech are really strong in Architecture, but you can also check out Kyoto, Kyuushu, Keio, Tohoku, Hiroshima, Chiba, and Waseda Univ.

Just another tips, aside from the specific area of interest, it's better to contact the labs with multiple international students (or have long experience dealing with them, they often post the list of alumni and their last known position in their website as well). At least you will find it handy and easier to adapt and the professors in these labs tend to be really proficient in English as many had worked abroad upon returning to Japan.

it is about time , asians enjoy it more and our embassy quota dey spoil show
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2020
majisuka:

My issue with applying to Japanese universities has to do with travelling to Japan to write the entrance examination. From my research, writing the GRE doesn't exclude one from physically writing the entrance examination. Is there a way around it (not having to travel to write the exam)? All the schools I've checked had to do with "travel to Japan to write the exam". So far, Keio University allows international applicants to submit GRE scores, however, it's for engineering applicants which I'm not.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 8:46am On Feb 28, 2020
NaotoKan:

My issue with applying to Japanese universities has to do with travelling to Japan to write the entrance examination. From my research, writing the GRE doesn't exclude one from physically writing the entrance examination. Is there a way around it (not having to travel to write the exam)? All the schools I've checked had to do with "travel to Japan to write the exam". So far, Keio University allows international applicants to submit GRE scores, however, it's for engineering applicants which I'm not.

you dont have to travle to japan, skype interviews are allowed
i know people who did skype interviews
this is why you should send emails to your prospective profesoor, once he accepots you, he makes the process smooth for you so also does international department

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 8:53am On Feb 28, 2020
My people una don hear wetin majisuka san talk

there are two routes to the mext process
1. embassy route; which was the only route for nigerians ,and which collobied by embassy people for their kids and relatives. this route enjoys scholarship up until phd.

2. school route: which a professor recommending you for the scholarship, this route was opened to asians mostly. Yhanks to africans wey hustle come here come school , they know now africans are brilliant and hardworking.
i remebered the day i answered question for class, dem dey ask me say how i take know the answer, where you learn am?

like i have always been @reaching here, the best way to come to Japan is by education.
Google professore that have the same resaecrh interest as your and send him a mail
In the mail include the folloeing;
bachelors degree certificate
ielts result
your intended research proposal (with more illustration and less writing) as their english is not in par as yours

https://www.ton.emb-japan.go.jp/files/000473534.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 8:56am On Feb 28, 2020
NaotoKan:

Yeah I feel such frustration too. That's why many Japanese universities are unattractive to prospective students from the other sides of the world. I know some departments that give a one-day take home test to applicants who can't attend the entrance exam (but the problems given in such test are tend to be of higher difficulty), but it's an exception. Perhaps you can enquire and negotiate the department or the supervisor about it if you really are unable to go to the exam site. PhD admission/recruitment on the other hand tend to omit entrance exam and more on CV screening (list of publications, other achievements etc) and much more strict and in-depth interview process.

BTW how do you know Naoto Kan? I'm very surprised someone from very far place like you know him.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2020
blackbriar:

you dont have to travle to japan, skype interviews are allowed
i know people who did skype interviews
this is why you should send emails to your prospective profesoor, once he accepots you, he makes the process smooth for you so also does international department

Thank you both.

@Majisuka: Well, I've a keen interest in Asian politics, culture, economies, way of doing things etc. I've been doing this for more than a decade and it has culminated in my desire to study, live and work in Asia. So yeah, I know quite a lot (from a foreigner's perspective) about Japanese politicians and politics.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 28, 2020
blackbriar:
My people una don hear wetin majisuka san talk

there are two routes to the mext process
1. embassy route; which was the only route for nigerians ,and which collobied by embassy people for their kids and relatives. this route enjoys scholarship up until phd.

2. school route: which a professor recommending you for the scholarship, this route was opened to asians mostly. Yhanks to africans wey hustle come here come school , they know now africans are brilliant and hardworking.
i remebered the day i answered question for class, dem dey ask me say how i take know the answer, where you learn am?

like i have always been @reaching here, the best way to come to Japan is by education.
Google professore that have the same resaecrh interest as your and send him a mail
In the mail include the folloeing;
bachelors degree certificate
ielts result
your intended research proposal (with more illustration and less writing) as their english is not in par as yours

https://www.ton.emb-japan.go.jp/files/000473534.pdf

Apologies but I was able to contact a Nigerian on the bolded who worked in Kyoto University as a short-term researcher and he said people still get the scholarship on merit. So I don't know which is which. I even contacted the Japanese government sometime last year on the issue, no reply till date.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2020
NaotoKan:

Apologies but I was able to contact a Nigerian on the bolded who worked in Kyoto University as a short-term researcher and he said people still get the scholarship on merit. So I don't know which is which. I even contacted the Japanese government sometime last year on the issue, no reply till date.

My brother, embassy route has been collobied time memorial. I can boldly say any African on mext scholarship in japan is either a relative or kin of an embassy staff. Full stop

Na only school route open to the common man, start mailing dem professors.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2020
NaotoKan:

Thank you both.

@Majisuka: Well, I've a keen interest in Asian politics, culture, economies, way of doing things etc. I've been doing this for more than a decade and it has culminated in my desire to study, live and work in Asia. So yeah, I know quite a lot (from a foreigner's perspective) about Japanese politicians and politics.

One advice about Japanese politics for foreigners:keep away from it for your own good, basically the untold rule is foreigners are not allowed todiscuss Japanese politics
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Beaufull(f): 9:42am On Feb 28, 2020
uchman:

Please which document did you send?

College degrees
Passport bio page
Certificate of instruction
And recommendation letter from previous job
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 28, 2020
blackbriar:

My brother, embassy route has been collobied time memorial. I can boldly say any African on mext scholarship in japan is either a relative or kin of an embassy staff. Full stop

OK. Thanks.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2020
NaotoKan:

Thank you both.

You're welcome. It's good to know other's culture (I also travel to other countries a lot and love to learn their cultures, haven't been in Naija tho) but like Blackbriar said please keep the politics thingy for yourself. Even ordinary Japanese doesn't talk about the domestic politics to his/her fellow countrymen a lot.

blackbriar:

Really? That's very shocking because I thought even in Asia's most corrupt countries (which I think won't be too far from that of African's) the recipients are still picked based on merit (in relative terms). Note that most corrupt Asian countries have very small high school and college graduates cohort that are willing to ply their trade in Japanese universities and hence perhaps most if not all the applicants are accepted because quota isn't fulfilled at all. It happened to my friend who is from Myanmar, it appeared he is the only one in his entire class who can speak and understand English (and his university is one of the very best in the country) and thus he was accepted, despite it's later revealed he isn't very competitive compared to other guys in the Japanese university he is now. Had he been a let's say, Vietnamese or Chinese, he might've never chosen in the first place.

But I think even in Naija they would still give it to common guy, provided he/she already secures at least a consent letter or letter of acceptance from the university.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by moonraker(m): 8:07am On Feb 29, 2020
majisuka:

You're welcome. It's good to know other's culture (I also travel to other countries a lot and love to learn their cultures, haven't been in Naija tho) but like Blackbriar said please keep the politics thingy for yourself. Even ordinary Japanese doesn't talk about the domestic politics to his/her fellow countrymen a lot.

Really? That's very shocking because I thought even in Asia's most corrupt countries (which I think won't be too far from that of African's) the recipients are still picked based on merit (in relative terms). Note that most corrupt Asian countries have very small high school and college graduates cohort that are willing to ply their trade in Japanese universities and hence perhaps most if not all the applicants are accepted because quota isn't fulfilled at all. It happened to my friend who is from Myanmar, it appeared he is the only one in his entire class who can speak and understand English (and his university is one of the very best in the country) and thus he was accepted, despite it's later revealed he isn't very competitive compared to other guys in the Japanese university he is now. Had he been a let's say, Vietnamese or Chinese, he might've never chosen in the first place.

But I think even in Naija they would still give it to common guy, provided he/she already secures at least a consent letter or letter of acceptance from the university.

Lol Blackbriar is an insider. He knows too much.

@ Majisuka: 普通大学院生 is incorrect! Its either 大学生 for undergrad、院生(Graduate). Just sharing!
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by majisuka(m): 9:31am On Feb 29, 2020
moonraker:

Lol Blackbriar is an insider. He knows too much.

@ Majisuka: 普通大学院生 is incorrect! Its either 大学生 for undergrad、院生(Graduate). Just sharing!

Nope, as much as I know it's correct. 普通 = ordinary; 大学院生 = graduate student in university (master or PhD student). So it says 'an ordinary grad student'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (42) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.