Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan (139406 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 2:55am On May 10, 2021
4everEdward:

yes i think thats what he or she mean

Ok! Thank you so much!

I think tourist visa is call Short-Term Stay in Japan.

From Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan information,

"Short-Term Stay
A stay of up to 90 days for tourism, business, visiting friends or relatives, etc, that does not include remunerative activities."

So if come to Japan with Short-Term Stay visa and working with pay, that's illegal.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 4:19pm On May 18, 2021
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
Abeg people in Japan, when is Japan going to open their borders to allow flights from Africa?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 2:27am On Jul 09, 2021
aguizm:
Abeg people in Japan, when is Japan going to open their borders to allow flights from Africa?

Some my husband's friends who live in Japan went to Nigeria and came back to Japan.
One of his friend came back from Nigeria around April.
So I think Japan already allow some flights. I'm not sure.
I will check it!
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 7:03am On Jul 09, 2021
peacefull:

Some my husband's friends who live in Japan went to Nigeria and came back to Japan.
One of his friend came back from Nigeria around April.
So I think Japan already allow some flights. I'm not sure.
I will check it!

Thanks alot
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2021
aguizm:

Thanks alot

Japan allows only residents to live and come back . It’s expensive as you most stay 2 weeks in government designated hotel.
Japan doesn’t allow for first time visa holders to come in yet
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2021
blackbriar:

Japan allows only residents to live and come back . It’s expensive as you most stay 2 weeks in government designated hotel.
Japan doesn’t allow for first time visa holders to come in yet
Thanks alot boss. No vex oo, any idea when they will relax that law?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2021
aguizm:

Thanks alot

You are welcome!

I checked it. Sorry, Japan still not allow peoples from many other countries .
Please read blackbriar san's comment!
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 12:19am On Jul 10, 2021
peacefull:

You are welcome!

I checked it. Sorry, Japan still not allow peoples from many other countries .
Please read blackbriar san's comment!

Yeah, i read his response too.

Thanks for the info. Any ideas when the ban Will lifted?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 12:32am On Jul 10, 2021
aguizm:

Yeah, i read his response too.

Thanks for the info. Any ideas when the ban Will lifted?

I have no idea embarassed
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
aguizm:

Thanks alot boss. No vex oo, any idea when they will relax that law?

The old news was for October this year for new students and ALT/JET teachers.
It all depends on if the pandemic is contained
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
blackbriar:

The old news was for October this year for new students and ALT/JET teachers.
It all depends on if the pandemic is contained

Thanks for this info boss. So they are still talking about Covid19 over there why to us here it's like an old news. Business long resumed as usual.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
peacefull:

I have no idea embarassed

Okay, thanks for ur quick response.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by Areola14(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
From the way some of you talks about Japanese, it's like they are good people.. as long as someone enters a country with complete papers.. you will be free. That's just the moral of it.. let our Nigerians people in America and UK and other European countries talk, what you will hear them talk is racism, been treated bad. If you are not knowledgeable enough, you will not want to make any attempt to travel.. but they will never tell you the reasons why they were treated that way.. most of them don't have valid documents, some of them have over stayed. Some of them don't even have a tangible reasons of been there, mostly are there for criminal purpose... I love when he said, he went back to meet the immigration Officer's when he forgot one of his papers.. for him to have gone back there, it means a lot and will not be treated any how.. as for me oo.. I cannot travel and see a police man and start running or will not be free... I respect myself a lot!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 12:01am On Jul 11, 2021
aguizm:

Thanks for this info boss. So they are still talking about Covid19 over there why to us here it's like an old news. Business long resumed as usual.

Covid 19 is a big deal in Japan.
People are dying of it

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 12:03am On Jul 11, 2021
Areola14:
From the way some of you talks about Japanese, it's like they are good people.. as long as someone enters a country with complete papers.. you will be free. That's just the moral of it.. let our Nigerians people in America and UK and other European countries talk, what you will hear them talk is racism, been treated bad. If you are not knowledgeable enough, you will not want to make any attempt to travel.. but they will never tell you the reasons why they were treated that way.. most of them don't have valid documents, some of them have over stayed. Some of them don't even have a tangible reasons of been there, mostly are there for criminal purpose... I love when he said, he went back to meet the immigration Officer's when he forgot one of his papers.. for him to have gone back there, it means a lot and will not be treated any how.. as for me oo.. I cannot travel and see a police man and start running or will not be free... I respect myself a lot!

Nigeria has bad reputation in Japan as well.
Simple google Nigeria and Roppongi.
Infact tell a Japanese that you are Nigerian and his seventh sense is activated
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 1:52am On Jul 11, 2021
aguizm:

Okay, thanks for ur quick response.

You are welcome!
I'm sorry for I couldn't give you useful information.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
blackbriar:

Covid 19 is a big deal in Japan.
People are dying of it
Up till now, most countries of the world have moved pass Covid19 especially Europe and American that were the worst hit continents.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
peacefull:

You are welcome!

No wahala ma'am. You over try sef.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by blackbriar: 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2021
aguizm:

Up till now, most countries of the world have moved pass Covid19 especially Europe and American that were the worst hit continents.

Moved past?
Which countries are those?
By moved pass, you mean vaccinations?
Because Japan was the only country not to have gone on a total economic shutdown.
Germany is still on lockdown.
So many businesses are closed in Europe and USA.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by aguizm(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
blackbriar:

Moved past?
Because Japan was the only country not to have gone on a total economic shutdown.
g

Didn't even know about that, the move past i meant was that they've all opened their borders for international flights and their embassies have resumed operations too(issuing visas).
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by davodyguy: 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
blackbriar:

Moved past?
He should be aware that if it was possible, Japan would have not hosted the Olympics because of the pandemic.

The games will go on behind closed doors.

When I was at Akihabara, then i knew how life is in Tokyo with a lot of people on the road, shopping.

This pandemic did the world bad thing
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by SuppoOmoo: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2021
I stumbled on the this thread yesterday night and decided to read through all pages overnight.

Kudos to all those who have contributed and share hints and tips.

My own experience on MEXT Scholarships goes this...

I participated in the Maiden Edition of MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship in 2016 through 2017. The scholarship award was/is for Practising Teachers or Applicants with Education Degrees and the First Edition of such in Nigeria so I dedicated to apply since I have required papers. I remember I had to travel to Abuja and spent two solid weeks with my uncle.

Preparing my research proposal and calling and sending mails to my former Lecturers for inputs.

Certification of both WAEC, NCE and BSc.Ed. Certificates and transcripts at Federal Ministry of Education since the embassy requested for originals or authenticated copies.

Total Medical Examinations including Chest X-ray at the Uni-Abuja Teaching Hospital among others process as stipulated in the application process.

I personally submitted my application documents by hand to Japanese Embassy at Bobo Street, Maitama Abuja in December 2017.

In March 2017, I got a message via email that my application has passed the first stage and that I have been shortlisted to participate in both written exams and oral interview scheduled to hold at the Embassy which I did.

On the day of the Exams (both English and Japanese), we couldn't use the Embassy venue, we used one particular school like that (just a few minutes walk from the Embassy). After exams, papers were marks and results announced immediately. They didn't actually call scores, they just called names of participants when your name is called, you passed the exams and you process to interview segment.

Out of almost 100 who participated in the exams, about 30 plus of us (I couldn't remember the precise figure) were said to have passed the written exams and we were interviewed the same day. Other participants were asked to go. The interview panel consisted of two Japanese and few naija embassy staffs... I remember one Mr John among the embassy staff, he was very nice and jovial to us. The interview went well, I put in my very best, answered all questions directed to me to the best of ability. After the interview, we were told our results and documents will be sent to Japan (and the Universities we choosed). Till today, I didn't hear anything again ooo.

Unfortunately, I couldn't communicate other participants with whom I exchanged numbers that day because I lost my phone inside the night bus I followed back to the Southwest.

The only achievement I had from that journey were the Japanese books we were given after the interview. They brought many of them though, I only picked three, one on Japanese Foods and beverages, one on Japanese Culture and the one on Tourism. I think I still have them on my small shelf in my Papa house. I don't have them here, I could have snapped and attached the pictures of those books.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by davodyguy: 9:27am On Sep 01, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

I stumbled on the this thread yesterday night and decided to read through all pages overnight.

In my own case, I participated in the Maiden Edition of MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship in 2016 through 2017. I remember I had to go Abuja and spent two solid weeks.

Preparing my research proposal and calling and sending mails to my former Lecturers for inputs.

Certification of both NCE and BSc.Ed. Certificates and transcripts at Federal Ministry of Education since the embassy requested for original or authenticated copies

Total Medical Examinations including Chest X-ray at the Uni-Abuja Teaching Hospital among others process as stipulated in the application process.

I personally submitted my application documents by hand to Japanese Embassy at Bobo Street, Maitama Abuja in December 2017.

In March 2017, I got a message via email that my application has passed the first stage and that I have been shortlisted to participate in both written exams and oral interview scheduled to hold at the Embassy which I did.

On the day of the Exams (both English and Japanese), we couldn't use the Embassy venue, we used one particular school like that (just a few minutes walk from the Embassy). After exams, papers were marks and results announced immediately. They didn't actually call scores, they just called names of participants when your name is called, you passed the exams and you process to interview segment.

Out of almost 100 who participated in the exams, about 30 plus of us (I couldn't remember the precise figure) were said to have passed the written exams and we were interviewed the same day. Other participants were asked to go. The interview panel consisted of two Japanese and few naija embassy staffs... I remember one Mr John among the embassy staff, he was very nice and jovial to us. The interview went well, I put in my very best, answered all questions directed to me to the best of ability. After the interview, we were told our results and documents will be sent to Japan (and the Universities we choosed). Till today, I didn't hear anything again ooo.

Unfortunately, I couldn't communicate other participants with whom I exchanged numbers that day because I lost my phone inside the night bus I followed back to the Southwest.

The only achievement I had from that journey were the Japanese books we were given after the interview. They brought many of them though, I only picked three, one on Japanese Foods and beverages, one on Japanese Culture and the one on Tourism. I think I still have them on my small shelf in my Papa house. I don't have them here, I could have snapped and attached the pictures of those books.

What a story.

Why didn't you stay? or it wasn't your intention?
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by SuppoOmoo: 9:59am On Sep 01, 2021
davodyguy:

What a story.

Why didn't you stay? or it wasn't your intention?

Good morning sir...

I didn't mean to qoute you, just wanted to share my experience to add to what people have said. I have just edited my story... Anyways, thank God you did show up.

The thread just woke up my interest again in Japan.

I hold BSc.Ed. Economics Education and Professional Master Degree in Disaster Risk Management (MDRM) with 2years plus experience in Security Job.

Having tried two US Universities for admission in MSc Disaster Studies leading to PhD but got denied. This thread just rekindle my interest in Japanese Education especially In my area of study where Japan is adjudged the best in the World.

As suggested by someone that national UNIVERSITIES are the cheapest. I ve tried to research on all of them but only four of the 86 National Universities in Japan offer my program and the application to those schools are strictly through Embassy of Japan in Applicants Home County or JICA. The four Unis are Ehime, KOBE, Kyoto and GRIPS (National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies).

Many of the private Universities offer the program, the likes of Kansai, Nihon, Waseda and host of others but the fees are on the higher side.

The alternative I think I do have now is Public Universities where fees are at par or slightly higher that those of National Unis. I have found one, UNIVERSITY of Hyogo.

I will like @Peaceful to share hints if she has any on Disaster Risk Management course in Japan.

The master I hold is a non-thesis type, the reason I am considering going for another Master's degree (thesis option) that will lead to PhD.
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by SuppoOmoo: 10:54am On Sep 01, 2021
peacefull:

You are welcome!

Good morning madam
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

My own experience on MEXT Scholarships goes this...

I participated in the Maiden Edition of MEXT Teacher Training Scholarship in 2016 through 2017. The scholarship award was/is for Practising Teachers or Applicants with Education Degrees and the First Edition of such in Nigeria so I dedicated to apply since I have required papers. I remember I had to travel to Abuja and spent two solid weeks with my uncle.

Certification of both WAEC, NCE and BSc.Ed. Certificates and transcripts at Federal Ministry of Education since the embassy requested for originals or authenticated copies.

You didn't hear anything from them since 2017 till now?!

I'm very very sorry.

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 11:01am On Sep 01, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

Good morning sir...

I didn't mean to qoute you, just wanted to share my experience to add to what people have said. I have just edited my story... Anyways, thank God you did show up.

The thread just woke up my interest again in Japan.

I hold BSc.Ed. Economics Education and Professional Master Degree in Disaster Risk Management (MDRM) with 2years plus experience in Security Job.

Having tried two US Universities for admission in MSc Disaster Studies leading to PhD but got denied. This thread just rekindle my interest in Japanese Education especially In my area of study where Japan is adjudged the best in the World.

As suggested by someone that national UNIVERSITIES are the cheapest. I ve tried to research on all of them but only four of the 86 National Universities in Japan offer my program and the application to those schools are strictly through Embassy of Japan in Applicants Home County or JICA. The four Unis are Ehime, KOBE, Kyoto and GRIPS (National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies).

Many of the private Universities offer the program, the likes of Kansai, Nihon, Waseda and host of others but the fees are on the higher side.

The alternative I think I do have now is Public Universities where fees are at par or slightly higher that those of National Unis. I have found one, UNIVERSITY of Hyogo.

I will like @Peaceful to share hints if she has any on Disaster Risk Management course in Japan.

The master I hold is a non-thesis type, the reason I am considering going for another Master's degree (thesis option) that will lead to PhD.

You wanna study Disaster risk management in Japan?
And you wanna know which school you can study?

Am I correct?

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by SuppoOmoo: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2021
peacefull:

You wanna study Disaster risk management in Japan?
And you wanna know which school you can study?

Am I correct?

Yeah
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

Good morning madam

Good morning Oga!

Sorry, my English skill is still bad.
So, before check about something, I wanna make sure and I wanna understand about what you wanna know.

You wanna know where you can study Disaster risk management in Japan?

1 Like

Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by peacefull(f): 11:06am On Sep 01, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

Yeah

Ok!
I will check it! Please give me some time!
Re: Japanese Visa And Travelling To Japan by SuppoOmoo: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2021
peacefull:

Ok!
I will check it! Please give me some time!

Thank you very much...

Pls I am only interested in National and Public Universities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (42) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia.

Viewing this topic: Alearna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.