Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528137 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Please I need some answers. Please for those that made payment for visa fee especially tier 4, please how did it go about it bearing in mind the daily restrictions on ATM cards. Please help. Kindly describe how you went about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kossyprincess(f): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
kossyprincess:
Hi I'm a full reader of this forum, I must say you guys are trying very well. the way u answer all question left and right lol. I'm impressed, my questions goes like this I want to apply for UK Tourist visa for 6months.and I have finished filling my form what remains for me is the hotel email address and also where the ask TYPE OF WORK UNDERTAKEN? Im self employed also I have a boutique,but I filled in Boutique -Women clothing in that question line. just asking if is the right answer to it. also I have booked my hotel using booking.com website and I also input my fiance debit card details and the email him that the booking was successful I choose paying on arrival, the date I choose to be in UK is 11sept. hope the won't cancel my booking becos I have not use them before in anything booking.thanks waiting for reply from this lovely forum lol
is there No one to answer me nawoah.anyway Godwin I will testify
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 2n2k(m): 1:05am On Jul 21, 2016
kossyprincess:
Hi I'm a full reader of this forum, I must say you guys are trying very well. the way u answer all question left and right lol. I'm impressed, my questions goes like this I want to apply for UK Tourist visa for 6months.and I have finished filling my form what remains for me is the hotel email address and also where the ask TYPE OF WORK UNDERTAKEN? Im self employed also I have a boutique,but I filled in Boutique -Women clothing in that question line. just asking if is the right answer to it.

also I have booked my hotel using booking.com website and I also input my fiance debit card details and the email him that the booking was successful I choose paying on arrival, the date I choose to be in UK is 11sept. hope the won't cancel my booking becos I have not use them before in anything booking.thanks waiting for reply from this lovely forum lol

The first part of your question relates to how to fill the form as a self-employed/business owner. Many previous posts have addressed this issue. Just go through a few previous pages.

On hotel issue, booking.com like agoda.com is good and reputable. The only issue here is that you have made the reservation with someone else's bank card even though not yet charged. Is the person traveling with you? If not, did he indicate that he was booking on behalf of someone else as required on booking.com? This is necessary because at the time of check-in, some hotels usually require presentation of the card you used to book if it had not been indicated that the booking was made on behalf rather than the guest himself to prove that you have not booked with a stolen card

If he had not indicated that the booking was made 'on behalf' as booking.com requires in such case, there is a risk that the internal review process of booking.com may subsequently throw up query of 'no nexus' between the traveler and cardholder's names though this is remote since you said they already sent a confirmation letter. You can also contact the hotel directly to confirm that they have your reservation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:36am On Jul 21, 2016
mabella2:
Thanks justwise for your help. Picked up my mum's visa today(6months). You are kind

Congratulations! Wishing her safe journey. The weather here is boiling for the past two days so she will enjoy it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:39am On Jul 21, 2016
fakmurphy:
Thanks, am running a real estate firm and i'm the owner of it

Ok...is this conference about real estate business?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:20am On Jul 21, 2016
kossyprincess:
Hi I'm a full reader of this forum, I must say you guys are trying very well. the way u answer all question left and right lol. I'm impressed, my questions goes like this I want to apply for UK Tourist visa for 6months.and I have finished filling my form what remains for me is the hotel email address and also where the ask TYPE OF WORK UNDERTAKEN? Im self employed also I have a boutique,but I filled in Boutique -Women clothing in that question line. just asking if is the right answer to it. also I have booked my hotel using booking.com website and I also input my fiance debit card details and the email him that the booking was successful I choose paying on arrival, the date I choose to be in UK is 11sept. hope the won't cancel my booking becos I have not use them before in anything booking.thanks waiting for reply from this lovely forum lol

How many days are you gonna be staying in the UK? You said for 6months please clarify that. Moreover, don't be too sure that you have filled the forms correctly, Let's see how u filled the financial part, like cost of trip to you personally etc, Moreso, Whts the closing balance on ur statement of account? Hope no lodgement ? If u have an ATM, and you claim you are ready to go on a trip to the UK, why not use ur ATM to make hotel booking so as to avert any problem that may affect ur application? Go to ur bank tell them at the customer service that you wanna use ur ATM for online transaction, you shall be given a form to fill and get a pin to use for online transactions, Simple as abc. After making the hotel booking, call the hotel to confirm reservation o!. Asper the undertaken issue, if you don't know what to write, ask google,just type "duties of a boutique owner/manager/ etc, just extract all u need from there, aiye o le man!. Finally, u need a CAC reg, tax clearance, receipts, invoices from suppliers or where u buy from, etc. Ask more question so you won't mess things up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2016
Good morning everyone,

I'm new on here and I would need to be advised on this, I work in a company of 7 workers, 2months ago my salary was paid in cash into my bank account by the company and last month salary was transferred from the company's account.

I want to apply for UK visit visa in December 2016, how can I convince the VO about the salary deposited in cash?

Looking forward to reading your replies

Thanks

Please advised me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 9:36am On Jul 21, 2016
segzy0:
Good morning everyone,

I'm new on here and I would need to be advised on this, I work in a company of 7 workers, 2months ago my salary was paid in cash into my bank account by the company and last month salary was transferred from the company's account.

I want to apply for UK visit visa in December 2016, how can I convince the VO about the salary deposited in cash?

Looking forward to reading your replies

Thanks

Please advised me

I want to advise you from experience but First of all, How much is ur Salary? You want to apply in December, that means you would print ur statement account from June- Nov and u'd submit in December but to escape the wahala that may arise if the ECO get to notice ur salary being paid in cash, continue running ur account and print your statement from JULY 01 - First week December. So your statement wouldn't have to show cash payment of salary in June. They might not even notice the cash payment. If you have a genuine reason why your salary was paid in Cash then drop my talktalk.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by segzy0: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2016
@askari thanks for your response, my monthly salary is N200k after tax. And I have other source of income which the money goes into my salary account and I have proof for that.

Kindly advice me of what more step to take.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fasttrack(m): 10:36am On Jul 21, 2016
just wise. want to apply for uk visa will, is there any advantage of ikeja over vi. i think they always have a specific number of visa's they issue every day i guess. Regular family visitor's visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello house....please am traveling for my vacation in December....please when is the best time to start the visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Good day People, please I need your help, I wrote the IELTS test last year, my wife was initially planning to relocate back to the uk last year, he changed his mind later on when he had a good agreement with her ex on how to share custody of their child and she got a job with a great pay as an expertraite, now we want to visit the uk together and I do not know if I should indicate on my cover letter that I wrote the test, I don't want them thinking I'm running away cos clearly I'm not running away and I want to be as transparent as possible, secondly, I run two businesses, I haven't started getting a salary from one and the other business, I transfer money whenever I need money, please how do I go about explaining it in my application because I heard I must be earning a salary to apply, please advise me on what to do, Thank you all in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sugar002: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
erico2k2:

DO not worry, just wait, these guys are known to take thier time,I have heard cases taking up to 18 months.
Thanks erico...wish i ddnt appeal.i was told it takes just 6months.its crazy...is it possible to submit another application b4 i am called for court hearing.once again thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sugar002: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
When i rang HM courts n tribunals i was told i avnt been listed for hearing does it mean my appeal bundle has been reviewed already by the ECM?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunderule2016: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lovely post!!

BarrEgo:
I am appalled at some of y'all's replies to people's posts. How difficult is it to be polite and courteous to strangers? Really! Even if you doubt the veracity of someone's story, calling the person a liar and being all crude and superior is not the right attitude. It speaks ill of your character and does nothing to belittle your victim's. Be courteous always. Peace.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kossyprincess(f): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
askari01:

How many days are you gonna be staying in the UK? You said for 6months please clarify that. Moreover, don't be too sure that you have filled the forms correctly, Let's see how u filled the financial part, like cost of trip to you personally etc, Moreso, Whts the closing balance on ur statement of account? Hope no lodgement ? If u have an ATM, and you claim you are ready to go on a trip to the UK, why not use ur ATM to make hotel booking so as to avert any problem that may affect ur application? Go to ur bank tell them at the customer service that you wanna use ur ATM for online transaction, you shall be given a form to fill and get a pin to use for online transactions, Simple as abc. After making the hotel booking, call the hotel to confirm reservation o!. Asper the undertaken issue, if you don't know what to write, ask google,just type "duties of a boutique owner/manager/ etc, just extract all u need from there, aiye o le man!. Finally, u need a CAC reg, tax clearance, receipts, invoices from suppliers or where u buy from, etc. Ask more question so you won't mess things up.
Ok I'm staying for 14days I have Gtb Acct so I have token too and Ecobank Acct.I have my CAC Registration,TIN ID card,Tax etc.the closing bal of my GT Acct for 6months is 1.2m,while my Ecobank 1m No lodgement of money at all because is my personal Acct where customers do pay money for their goods.This is how I filled the financial part:
COST OF FLIGHT -600 GBP
COST OF LIVING EXPENSES-100 GBP
COST OF HOTEL ACCOMODATION- 570 GBP
COST TO U PERSONALLY FOR THIS TRIP-2200GBP
TOTAL AMOUNT U HAVE FOR THIS TRIP- 2200GBP
HOW I DO EARN MONTHLY AFTER TAX- 145K
HOW MUCH I DO GIVE TO MY FAMILY EVERY MONTH -20GBP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
rinw:
Hello house....please am traveling for my vacation in December....please when is the best time to start the visa application

Oct is not bad time to start
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
fasttrack:
justwise. want to apply for uk visa will, is there any advantage of ikeja over vi. i think they always have a specific number of visa's they issue every day i guess. Regular family visitor's visa

I really can not think of any advantage of using Ikeja over IV, i think one of them charges for using the centre while the other doesn't.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kossyprincess(f): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
2n2k:

The first part of your question relates to how to fill the form as a self-employed/business owner. Many previous posts have addressed this issue. Just go through a few previous pages.

On hotel issue, booking.com like agoda.com is good and reputable. The only issue here is that you have made the reservation with someone else's bank card even though not yet charged. Is the person traveling with you? If not, did he indicate that he was booking on behalf of someone else as required on booking.com? This is necessary because at the time of check-in, some hotels usually require presentation of the card you used to book if it had not been indicated that the booking was made on behalf rather than the guest himself to prove that you have not booked with a stolen card

If he had not indicated that the booking was made 'on behalf' as booking.com requires in such case, there is a risk that the internal review process of booking.com may subsequently throw up query of 'no nexus' between the traveler and cardholder's names though this is remote since you said they already sent a confirmation letter. You can also contact the hotel directly to confirm that they have your reservation
thanks d card holder is aware of it. he is d one that book for Me, later on he told me the cancel d booking because the have see their is no money to witdraw from d card. bfre he booked for me through the site he saw PAY ON ARRIVAL that's what makes him to book for me.I will still keep searching until i get the best and pay with my Ecobank card though No OTP yet but will get it soon from the bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

Oct is not bad time to start

Thanks @justwise...lemme keep nurturing my account till dn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello guys, good day
I have a question please. I'm about to apply for my tier 4 general visa and I'm using my dads bank statement,he owns his company i found out that he couldn't use his company bank statement for my visa. I wanted him to show much more money than he had in his personal account so he transferred some money from his company account into his personal account so there'll be enough money there for visa purposes. My question is, do i have to wait for 28 days as well before printing out.
Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Justwise please reply me, I'm begging, it's urgent.. Good day People, please I need your help, I wrote the IELTS test last year, my wife was initially planning to relocate back to the uk last year, she changed her mind later on when she had a good agreement with her ex on how to share custody of their child and she got a job with a great pay as an expertraite, now we want to visit the uk together and I do not know if I should indicate on my cover letter that I wrote the test, I don't want them thinking I'm running away cos clearly I'm not running away and I want to be as transparent as possible, secondly, I run two businesses, I haven't started getting a salary from one and the other business, I transfer money whenever I need money, please how do I go about explaining it in my application because I heard I must be earning a salary to apply, please advise me on what to do, Thank you all in advance.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
TatPat:
Good day People, please I need your help, I wrote the IELTS test last year, my wife was initially planning to relocate back to the uk last year, he changed his mind later on when he had a good agreement with her ex on how to share custody of their child and she got a job with a great pay as an expertraite, now we want to visit the uk together and I do not know if I should indicate on my cover letter that I wrote the test, I don't want them thinking I'm running away cos clearly I'm not running away and I want to be as transparent as possible, secondly, I run two businesses, I haven't started getting a salary from one and the other business, I transfer money whenever I need money, please how do I go about explaining it in my application because I heard I must be earning a salary to apply, please advise me on what to do, Thank you all in advance.

1. What was the IELTS for?

2. Is any of your businesses registered and you pay tax on your earnings?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

1. What was the IELTS for?
The IELTS was one of the requirement for the spouse settlement visa that I wanted to apply for early last year but plans changed when my spouse reached an agreement with her ex husband on the custody of their child they have together and she also got a good job in Nigeria so we decided not to relocate until her contract expires

2. Is any of your businesses registered and you pay tax on your earnings?
My businesses are registered and I have my current tax clearance but no personal tax
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thank you Justwise for replying, GOD Bless you Greatly!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
TatPat:

My businesses are registered and I have my current tax clearance but no personal tax

You did not answer the first question.

Are you sponsoring the trip or your wife is contributing as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
IELTS for?
The IELTS was one of the requirement for the spouse settlement visa that I wanted to apply for early last year but plans changed when my spouse reached an agreement with her ex husband on the custody of their child they have together and she also got a good job in Nigeria so we decided not to relocate until her contract expires, so I didn't apply for the spouse settlement visa again

2)Yes, I'll be sponsoring the trip and I plan on transferring three million naira from one of my company acct to my personal account to sponsor my wife and I. There is a consistent record on my statement which shows transfers from this company account to my personal acct for years now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

You did not answer the first question.

Are you sponsoring the trip or your wife is contributing as well?

The IELTS was one of the requirement for the spouse settlement visa that I wanted to apply for early last year but plans changed when my spouse reached an agreement with her ex husband on the custody of their child they have together and she also got a good job in Nigeria so we decided not to relocate until her contract expires, so I didn't apply for the spouse settlement visa again

2)Yes, I'll be sponsoring the trip and I plan on transferring three million naira from one of my company acct to my personal account to sponsor my wife and I. There is a consistent record on my statement which shows transfers from this company account to my personal acct for years now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
TatPat:

That is an interesting part..so basically your wife is British as a result of her previous marriage?

Divorced and got the paper?

In that case she does not need a visa and will only focus on convincing the ECO that she is not running away with you to the UK hence your concerns?

Sorry that i'm picking this bit by bit..just want to make sure that we are on the same page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
justwise:

That is an interesting part..so basically your wife is British as a result of her previous marriage?

Divorced and got the paper?

In that case she does not need a visa and will only focus on convincing the ECO that she is not running away with you to the UK hence your concerns?

Sorry that i'm picking this bit by bit..just want to make sure that we are on the same page.

Exactly my point! I don't want them thinking I'm running away because I'm clearly not having such plans so I don't know if I should inform them about the test I wrote since they have my biometric already and I wouldn't want to come across as a dodgy person... Yes my wife is British, she was married to her ex for 12years, they were separated for about 2years before they got divorced and we got married some months after she got the decree absolute and she got her papers before they separated.
So my questions are... Should I mention the test in my cover letter? How do I convince the ECO that I'm genuinely visiting and not trying to run away, would the three million naira be enough to show the Eco and would transferring the money from my company account be termed lodgement and lastly, should my cover letter be written on my company letter headed paper? ... Thank you justwise for taking your time out to understand me and replying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
TatPat:

Exactly my point! I don't want them thinking I'm running away because I'm clearly not having such plans so I don't know if I should inform them about the test I wrote since they have my biometric already and I wouldn't want to come across as a dodgy person... Yes my wife is British, she was married to her ex for 12years.
So my questions are... Should I mention the test in my cover letter? How do I convince the ECO that I'm genuinely visiting and not trying to run away, would the three million naira be enough to show the Eco and would transferring the money from my company account be termed lodgement and lastly, should my cover letter be written on my company letter headed paper? ... Thank you justwise for taking your time out to understand me and replying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
TatPat:

Exactly my point! I don't want them thinking I'm running away because I'm clearly not having such plans so I don't know if I should inform them about the test I wrote since they have my biometric already and I wouldn't want to come across as a dodgy person... Yes my wife is British, she was married to her ex for 12years, they were separated for about 2years before they got divorced and we got married some months after she got the decree absolute and she got her papers before they separated.

TatPat:

Ok i get it now...

Mentioning the test is the least of your concerns here, the most important things here are to present a convincing tie to Nigeria and prove that you are capable of sponsoring the trip.

1. You need to present your savings/personal account and company's account.

2. Tax certificate for the company and registration papers

3. Marriage certificate and family pictures(including your kids since you have one from her previous marriage)

4. Breakdown of your expenses for the trip and what both of you will be doing while in the UK

-Your Wife -

1. Her British passport

2. Employment letter and leave letter

3. Salary account and payslips(6months at least)

4. Divorce paper .

Use the blank space in the form to explain that you will be sponsoring the trip AND who will be in custody of the child from her previous marriage while both of are away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.