Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529312 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sonyeah(m): 10:46am On Oct 06, 2016
Hello people, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but, does anyone know of any school in the UK that will be admitting next January and how to go about transferring from a university here to another university in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 10:48am On Oct 06, 2016
sonyeah:
Hello people, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but, does anyone know of any school in the UK that will be admitting next January and how to go about transferring from a university here to another university in the UK.

This is the UK student section.
https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4/141
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2016
bissiejoe:

Thanks for your response ....actually she doesn't mind herself cos she is trying to like reduce cost burden on me, but i would act as you have just advised. I was at charles de gaule
Paris recently, with the play station 4, i can stay there on transit 24days or more grin

24 hours in heathrow? British Airways uses terminal 5 so the lounges there are a little pricey and i don't think there are hotels in the terminal. However, find a lounge where she can stay even if it is for a couple of hours. 24 hours in an airport is not easy at all. There are no really comfortable chairs that you can stretch out on. It is better for people with visas and can go into London for a day.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2016
obipyper:
Hi I'm about to get a ticket for a price I bargained for, but I'm a bit curious of as of which airline I could change my return date, if I wasn't going to be back the day I booked for. I know you could pay a penalty fee but please what airlines does that??

Every airline but it comes with a price as you pointed out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ofurufu(m): 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
What's the shortest time anyone here has gotten UK business visit issued for him/her? I mean regular process, not fastracked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Afristrut: 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Good afternoon,justwise,frontpagelawyer and all, you guys are doing great here.
Straight to the point, i intend to travel to u.k by december to visit some of my clients, will it be tourist or business visit?
This client of mine is ready to give me a invite letter, provide accomodation.

1. what documents will accompany the invite letter he will be sending?
2. i am married(marriage cert available) with a daughter(birth cert. available) hoping to go along with my family, i will sponsor the trip, what documents do my wife and daughter need?
3. there is a building for me and my wife though ongoing but i have receipts to show that it belong to us, will receipts be accepted?
4. I have a building construction company(registered with cac, two registered account) operating for about 4 years, with inflow of over 50M and usually transfer money to my savings account and withdraw via the atm, i pay myself, how will i deal with the inconsistent money flowing in and out of my savings account?
no fixed amount,sometime 100k,20k etc
5. can i use age declaration or i need a birth cert. for myself?
6. what is the minimum balance i need to have in my savings account?

thanks for the answers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by valkaywalex(m): 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
@ justwise and others, pls how long does it takes TLScontact to deliver the docs package to the embassy after the decision is been made, cuz I don't use/pay for courier service. urgent answer needed please??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:45am On Oct 08, 2016
valkaywalex:
@ justwise and others, pls how long does it takes TLScontact to deliver the docs package to the embassy after the decision is been made, cuz I don't use/pay for courier service. urgent answer needed please??

There is no official time scale, TLScontact don't deliver the documents to the embassy when decision is made its the other way round

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2016
Afristrut:
Good afternoon,justwise,frontpagelawyer and all, you guys are doing great here.
Straight to the point, i intend to travel to u.k by december to visit some of my clients, will it be tourist or business visit?
This client of mine is ready to give me a invite letter, provide accomodation.

1. what documents will accompany the invite letter he will be sending?
2. i am married(marriage cert available) with a daughter(birth cert. available) hoping to go along with my family, i will sponsor the trip, what documents do my wife and daughter need?
3. there is a building for me and my wife though ongoing but i have receipts to show that it belong to us, will receipts be accepted?
4. I have a building construction company(registered with cac, two registered account) operating for about 4 years, with inflow of over 50M and usually transfer money to my savings account and withdraw via the atm, i pay myself, how will i deal with the inconsistent money flowing in and out of my savings account?
no fixed amount,sometime 100k,20k etc
5. can i use age declaration or i need a birth cert. for myself?
6. what is the minimum balance i need to have in my savings account?

thanks for the answers

You need business visit visa.

1. You really need to read this thread because that has been answered too many times

2. She can include her own bank statement if she works if not then nothing is needed from her though you need to add family pictures

3. Adding those receipts will not harm your application

4. You need to submit both your business account and savings account and not forgetting tax certificate.

5. Not needed

6. That will depend on the cost of trip and your net monthly or yearly earning. Do the budget first that will help you determine how you need for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Afristrut: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2016
@justwise

Thank you for the prompt reply, God bless you.
Please help me with the bolded. Thanks

1. You really need to read this thread because that has been answered too many times.
Please, please kindly list them for me as the thread is too long(160 Pages)

2. She can include her own bank statement if she works if not then nothing is needed from her though you need to add family pictures .
she does not work but I do transfer money to her account for upkeep and some domestic purchases, family pictures are available
3. Adding those receipts will not harm your application .
I will add the receipts
4. You need to submit both your business account and savings account and not forgetting tax certificate.
The tax certificate is not a problem but where my concern is filling the amount for my salary cos the savings account do receive money from my business account via transfer and it is not consistent , so how do I deal with this stuff?
5. Not needed

6. That will depend on the cost of trip and your net monthly or yearly earning. Do the budget first that will help you determine how you need for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beloved26: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2016
@ just wise. I applied 4 uk visiting visa recently n I was refused.I 've a business I strted since 2005 tho is nt registered .n sumtimes my customers pay into my salary account 4 easy acess 4 me because i work in d bank.but I ve recepts I normally issued out.but I didn't explain all this to d ceo. because my work alone covers up evrythin.4 supporting doc I added my marriage cerificate n pics dat i ve a family here in Nigeria. So if am applyin again wat sud i put in place?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
beloved26:
@ just wise. I applied 4 uk visiting visa recently n I was refused.I 've a business I strted since 2005 tho is nt registered .n sumtimes my customers pay into my salary account 4 easy acess 4 me because i work in d bank.but I ve recepts I normally issued out.but I didn't explain all this to d ceo. because my work alone covers up evrythin.4 supporting doc I added my marriage cerificate n pics dat i ve a family here in Nigeria. So if am applyin again wat sud i put in place?

You stated that somebody will be sponsoring the trip costing £4000?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beloved26: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
justwise:

You stated that somebody will be sponsoring the trip costing £4000?
yes I did. but it was my hubby. I stated it on d application form.Dat he will support me wit £800
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Monspubis: 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hello,good people of Nairaland.How can I bypass the card restrictions on Nigerian cards.I am trying to apply for a visa for around 975pounds,but I was told there is a new limit of 300pounds on debit cards.
Are there other methods of payment,please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teed89: 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2016
beloved26:
yes I did. but it was my hubby. I stated it on d application form.Dat he will support me wit £800

The refusal letter said £4000 and you did not explain or submit any document to support his source of income.

You did not explain the inconsistency of payment going into your salary account as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:58am On Oct 09, 2016
Teed89:
Hello house. Justwise and other gurus. Please help me. I want to apply for a visitors visa next month but I have issues with my statement of account. The issue is that I have just 5 months of salary stated in the account. Please I need to know if it must be 6months or I can apply like that... thanks.

Have you being working for more than 5months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Monspubis:
Hello,good people of Nairaland.How can I bypass the card restrictions on Nigerian cards.I am trying to apply for a visa for around 975pounds,but I was told there is a new limit of 300pounds on debit cards.
Are there other methods of payment,please?

You need to visit your bank to find away out around it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teed89: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2016
justwise:

Have you being working for more than 5months?

Yes I have been working for more than 5 months but payments have been made into my account after confirmation.

I also want to inform you that I use my account to do my personal business. It's just a small biz which I also have on the Konga mall. I supply gadgets. Sometimes my friends refer friends to me to get stuff as I post on my BBM so they make payment into my account. I have received an order to supply 4 computers... about 1m in toltal. (2 iMac computers and 2 MacBook computers) I hope this won't be an issue with the ECO. This has been quite long about 4 months ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
Teed89:

Yes I have been working for more than 5 months but payments have been made into my account after confirmation.

I also want to inform you that I use my account to do my personal business. It's just a small biz which I also have on the Konga mall. I supply gadgets. Sometimes my friends refer friends to me to get stuff as I post on my BBM so they make payment into my account. I have received an order to supply 4 computers... about 1m in toltal. (2 iMac computers and 2 MacBook computers) I hope this won't be an issue with the ECO. This has been quite long about 4 months ago

You need to explain this in your application form supported with any paper evidence you can get hold of else it will be an issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Afristrut:
@justwise

Thank you for the prompt reply, God bless you.
Please help me with the bolded. Thanks

1. You really need to read this thread because that has been answered too many times.
Please, please kindly list them for me as the thread is too long(160 Pages)
You need an invitation letter explaining the business details

The tax certificate is not a problem but where my concern is filling the amount for my salary cos the savings account do receive money from my business account via transfer and it is not consistent , so how do I deal with this stuff?

Do you pay yourself a salary? As a business owner you don't need to worry about income inconsistency because your tax certificate will take care of that at the end of financial year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beloved26: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
justwise:

The refusal letter said £4000 and you did not explain or submit any document to support his source of income.

You did not explain the inconsistency of payment going into your salary account as well.
thanks 4 ur response.please if am applyin again wat are those thins I nid to put in place? n also i want to fund d trip myself. I ve a business .Am into frozen foods but it's nt registered . or sud i apply only wit my work documents? will my salary not make d eco refuse me again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Afristrut: 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
justwise:
You need an invitation letter explaining the business details

Do you pay yourself a salary? As a business owner you don't need to worry about income inconsistency because your tax certificate will take care of that at the end of financial year.

I don't pay myself salary. Thank you very much for your time.
I will surely update the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
beloved26:
thanks 4 ur response.please if am applyin again wat are those thins I nid to put in place? n also i want to fund d trip myself. I ve a business .Am into frozen foods but it's nt registered . or sud i apply only wit my work documents? will my salary not make d eco refuse me again?

The good thing with the UK refusal letter is that it tells you all you have done wrong and what is expected of you.

All you need to do in your next application is to correct those mistakes mentioned in that refusal letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by beloved26: 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
justwise:

The good thing with the UK refusal letter is that it tells you all you have done wrong and what is expected of you.

All you need to do in your next application is to correct those mistakes mentioned in that refusal letter
thanks.... but u didn't answer d rest questions ..... tankss alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sssob: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
Hi justwise..i want to renew my visa..previously had 6mths now want to apply for 2years...what documents do I need..and if this has been discussed before kindly refer me to the page..
Also..will I have to thumb print etc over again?

Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
sssob:
Hi justwise..i want to renew my visa..previously had 6mths now want to apply for 2years...what documents do I need..and if this has been discussed before kindly refer me to the page..
Also..will I have to thumb print etc over again?

Thank u

The same set of documents you submitted during your first application

Yes you still have to do biometric again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
beloved26:
thanks 4 ur response.please if am a[b]pplyin again wat are those thins I nid to put in place? n also i want to fund d trip myself. I ve a business .Am into frozen foods but it's nt registered . or sud i apply only wit my work documents? will my salary not make d eco refuse me again?
[/b]

If your salary is good enough then you stand a good chance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sssob: 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Thank u..justwise

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Divine88: 7:56am On Oct 11, 2016
Hello everyone. Thanks to justwise for this forum.
Please I am planning to apply for a family visitor visa. My family visitor visa expired years ago. I just came back from the UK 5months ago after the completion of my studies. My dilemma is I am not working at the moment, my parent are my sponsor. They both live in the UK. Will my not having a source of constant income hinder my application? How can I convince the VO that I am just visiting family? Mind u, I have been frequently travelling to the UK to visit family in the last 10years, as parent and siblings lives in the UK.
Thanks guys as I await you guys advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.