Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,904 members, 7,835,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1537619 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
justwise:

I'm pretty sure of that but don't take my word for it still go ahead and apply for transit visa so as to settle your mind.

Submit your copy of your Mexican visa, proof of accommodation both in Mexico and Belize and flight ticket

dasparrow:
Justwise

I still don't know what is holiday booking. Also, I don't know if one is allowed to select an appointment date or the computer selects one for me. I don't want an appointment date too far away. Also must I purchase my flight ticket or will just an airline reservation be okay?

ekpotek:

Ethiopian Airline will take you Mexico from Lagos via Addis. You do not need transit through the UK.

I'm not sure if you read reply to your questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sucre26: 2:01am On Feb 17, 2017
justwise:

No you don't have to, your marriage certificate will support you on that

Ok. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 3:21am On Feb 17, 2017
Please advise .

I am inviting My sister and her 3 young children to UK. for my child's baptism of which she will also be a God parent. They will also use that opportunity to visit places of interest around London.

They plan to visit for 10 days

My question is , can I state that they will be staying with us? My husband and I and our 20 month old live in a 3 bedroom house. So we have a spare room.

I don't know if ECO will class that as sufficient accommodation for the duration of their stay or if they should kuku book hotel reservation. I want to be sure we are doing the right thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 4:45am On Feb 17, 2017
blza:
Please advise .

I am inviting My sister and her 3 young children to UK. for my child's baptism of which she will also be a God parent. They will also use that opportunity to visit places of interest around London.

They plan to visit for 10 days

My question is , can I state that they will be staying with us? My husband and I and our 20 month old live in a 3 bedroom house. So we have a spare room.

I don't know if ECO will class that as sufficient accommodation for the duration of their stay or if they should kuku book hotel reservation. I want to be sure we are doing the right thing.

It appears like you want to squeeze 4 people in a spare room ? How big is this spare room or is it a box room ? I think its best you kuku go down the hotel reservation route (for the purpose of application). If you know what am saying ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 8:32am On Feb 17, 2017
Lexusgs430:

It appears like you want to squeeze 4 people in a spare room ? How big is this spare room or is it a box room ? I think its best you kuku go down the hotel reservation route (for the purpose of application). If you know what am saying ?

Haha. I so enjoy your sense of humour.

Not intending to squeeze them into a box room oo. Room is big enough . And my sons room is quite big with just a baby cot.

As you rightly said. We will go down the hotel reservation route. I no fit shout !

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DiObyyy: 9:18am On Feb 17, 2017
Please has anyone used the VI application center recently? I just heard that they are not receiving applications anymore. How true is this ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Eastner: 9:38am On Feb 17, 2017
DiObyyy:
Please has anyone used the VI application center recently? I just heard that they are not receiving applications anymore. How true is this ?

I've booked an appointment for next week monday. I also made enquiries there yesterday and i wasn't told anything, about them not receiving applications anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2017
justwise:

1. Explain it on the form and show evidence of the business dealings..e.g receipts and contract papers

2. This is the same as number 1 question

3. Budget this trip within two months of your salaries(500K) to give yourself a better chance of getting a visa, focus on cost of flight, accommodation, transport within the UK and feeding. Shopping shouldn't be part of this.

Locate a hotel close to your exam centre to reduce cost of transport, look for budget hotels(travelodge, premier Inn, and many others) some go as low as £30-40 per night.

Get the actual cost of flight, hotel, transport cost within the city you will be staying to help you come up with an accurate budget. If you guessed these figures the ECO will know because its pretty easy to find out online.

This will help you answer question about how much the trip will cost you.

Thank you vry much for your time.
1) No evidence whatsoever for the business deals.The business is a local one.its all about we receive phone calls to supply probably a truck of bags of maize to a local dealer and then we collect our money after few weeks.
so thats my challenges..OR should i just i state that the money is for debt payment?.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DiObyyy: 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2017
Okay thank you

Eastner:

I've booked an appointment for next week monday. I also made enquiries there yesterday and i wasn't told anything, about them not receiving applications anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
radwad:

Thank you vry much for your time.
1) No evidence whatsoever for the business deals.The business is a local one.its all about we receive phone calls to supply probably a truck of bags of maize to a local dealer and then we collect our money after few weeks.
so thats my challenges..OR should i just i state that the money is for debt payment?.

@justwise,still awating ur response plz
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lexyj123(f): 8:49am On Feb 18, 2017
Good day everyone, i read on news paper that UK Embassy now scan original documents at the application centre and return the originals back to the applicant immediately. has this process commenced in reality?
thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chaochao10: 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
hello house please i need your expert advice. I'm currently on a tier 2 visa (less than 6months) and i want to invite my mum over for my pending graduation . However she does have not have a registered business , hence cannot use her account statement. can i use my account statement as sponsor?if yes, what is the minimum amount that i should have in my account?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chaochao10: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
yes please. my documents wre scanned and i went home with the originals.
lexyj123:
Good day everyone, i read on news paper that UK Embassy now scan original documents at the application centre and return the originals back to the applicant immediately. has this process commenced in reality?
thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kazumu: 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
Yes.

lexyj123:
thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demmysoft: 9:38am On Feb 21, 2017
Hello house, l need expert advise here please.

l got Uk visa in 2009, that time l was working in a bank, in 2012 l re-applied of which l was deny. in 2012 when l wanted to apply l couldn't use the bank documents again because l left bank in 2011. of course, l have to use one of my friends company documents that l am one of the directors. but unfortunately, my name was not listed as a shareholder in the company document. furthermore, they claim l have provided no evidence of any incomel derived from the business of which l submitted well ran company and personal account.

l intends to apply again, am still running my personal business, l have like 4 schengen visa on my passport.

kindly advise on how to package my application.

thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2017
demmysoft:
l intends to apply again, am still running my personal business, l have like 4 schengen visa on my passport.
kindly advise on how to package my application. thank you.

With simple and clear documents
show money in and out of your bank account and how it ties in with the company.

Claiming directorship without proving financial ties will not fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JEMMYP(f): 10:22am On Feb 21, 2017
My friend, a British citizen want to invite me to Uk with his payslip and British passport copy attached. my monthly salary is less than 100k, I have been working for more than 6yrs. I have only 1.5m in my account and my accommodation is my friend's house. I am staying for 1month. I am single

My question is with the information above, do you think I can be given Uk visa

please I will be happy for your response. thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:56am On Feb 21, 2017
JEMMYP:
My friend, a British citizen want to invite me to Uk with his payslip and British passport copy attached. my monthly salary is less than 100k, I have been working for more than 6yrs. I have only 1.5m in my account and my accommodation is my friend's house. I am staying for 1month. I am single

My question is with the information above, do you think I can be given Uk visa

please I will be happy for your response. thank you.

Who will be playing for the trip? You or your friend?

Were you sent proof of accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2017
demmysoft:

l got Uk visa in 2009, that time l was working in a bank, in 2012 l re-applied of which l was deny. in 2012 when l wanted to apply l couldn't use the bank documents again because l left bank in 2011. of course, l have to use one of my friends company documents that l am one of the directors. but unfortunately, my name was not listed as a shareholder in the company document. furthermore, they claim l have provided no evidence of any incomel derived from the business of which l submitted well ran company and personal account.

l intends to apply again, am still running my personal business, I have like 4 schengen visa on my passport.

kindly advise on how to package my application.

thank you.

Have you ever traveled with any of those visas?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chaochao10: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
ello house please i need your expert advice. I'm currently on a tier 2 visa (less than 6months) and i want to invite my mum over for my pending graduation . However she does have not have a registered business , hence cannot use her account statement. can i use my account statement as sponsor?if yes, what is the minimum amount that i should have in my account?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JEMMYP(f): 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
justwise:

Who will be playing for the trip? You or your friend?

Were you sent proof of accommodation?

my friend is paying for the flight ticket and no, I was not sent proof of accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 11:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pls if you stated in your application that u want to spend 8 days.......can you spend 14 days when u travel.

Will it not be used against you when u what to renew after six months...

Please I need advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:40am On Feb 22, 2017
oloolo:
Pls if you stated in your application that u want to spend 8 days.......can you spend 14 days when u travel.

Please I need advise

Most likely
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:44am On Feb 22, 2017
JEMMYP:

my friend is paying for the flight ticket and no, I was not sent proof of accommodation

He needs to send you proof of accommodation then you give it a try but your salary could be an issue because that is your ties to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:46am On Feb 22, 2017
chaochao10:
ello house please i need your expert advice. I'm currently on a tier 2 visa (less than 6months) and i want to invite my mum over for my pending graduation . However she does have not have a registered business , hence cannot use her account statement. can i use my account statement as sponsor?if yes, what is the minimum amount that i should have in my account?
Thanks

That will depend on your budget for the trip and your monthly income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 7:06am On Feb 22, 2017

Please I need advise

justwise:

Most likely

But if I go and spend my 8 days , can I go later after like 4 or 5 months to spend 2 weekso before the visa expires......

Will that be better. ......cause I don't want any thing that will cause problems when I want to renew.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
Staying for two weeks instead of 8 days shouldn't be an issue, same for making a second and even third trips so long as it's multiple entry and travel date within visa validity.
oloolo:

Please I need advise

But if I go and spend my 8 days , can I go later after like 4 or 5 months to spend 2 weekso before the visa expires......

Will that be better. ......cause I don't want any thing that will cause problems when I want to renew.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Feb 22, 2017
ifyalways:
Staying for two weeks instead of 8 days shouldn't be an issue,
same for making a second and even third trips so long as it's multiple entry and travel date within visa validity.

The problem with that is the fact that you are given a visa based on the budget of 8days and not 2week. Overstaying by 1 or two days shouldn't be an issue but stretching it could end up badly

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
oloolo:

Please I need advise

You can because you will be given a multiple entry visa though that does not mean that you will not be stopped sometimes for random questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.