Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,517 members, 7,840,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1540170 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 9:29am On Feb 05, 2017
nomad26:
Good day everyone,

A friend of mine is planning to visit his girlfriend who is working in the UK for one month. She will provide accommodation while he covers the rest of the travel costs. He works as a freelance IT Developer with different companies (so no payslips or letter of employment). Please what documents can he provide to show proof of return to Nigeria?

@justwise, please can you provide information on this case? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:48am On Feb 05, 2017
nomad26:
Good day everyone,

A friend of mine is planning to visit his girlfriend who is working in the UK for one month. She will provide accommodation while he covers the rest of the travel costs. He works as a freelance IT Developer with different companies (so no payslips or letter of employment). Please what documents can he provide to show proof of return to Nigeria?

1.No contract signed with those companies he work with?

2. Do they pay him cash in hand or bank transfer?

3. What is his total monthly income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
justwise:

All the information you need to apply for tourist visa is here and documents have been listed here so many times.

You apply online and make the payment online as well then you will be given an appointment date when you will visit their visa centre to submit all your documents and do fingerprint
.Pls justwise,will the appointment date be given by them or someone can choose date on his/her own.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
tunexman:
.Pls justwise,will the appointment date be given by them or someone can choose date on his/her own.

The system will generate date for you but I'm not sure if you will be given number of days to choose from
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2017
justwise:

1.No contract signed with those companies he work with?

2. Do they pay him cash in hand or bank transfer?

3. What is his total monthly income?

Justwise, thanks for replying:
1. No
2. Some in cash and some are Bank Transfers
3. His income is not consistent, some months between 300k to 1m while others zero sef. In the last six months sha, he said money coming into his account is ~2.6m (which is average of 430k).

If the companies he worked with agree to provide reference letter saying that he did some consulting work for them, will that be sufficient for the visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2017
justwise:

The system will generate date for you but I'm not sure if you will be given number of days to choose from
.Thanks Man.One more question in the first column that ask about monthly income from employment or other source of income must it be in naira or pounds because it was not indicated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:01am On Feb 07, 2017
nomad26:

Justwise, thanks for replying:
1. No
2. Some in cash and some are Bank Transfers
3. His income is not consistent, some months between 300k to 1m while others zero sef. In the last six months sha, he said money coming into his account is ~2.6m (which is average of 430k).

If the companies he worked with agree to provide reference letter saying that he did some consulting work for them, will that be sufficient for the visa application?

That will really help his application and give support to those cash payments which he has to explain in his application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:02am On Feb 07, 2017
tunexman:
.Thanks Man.One more question in the first column that ask about monthly income from employment or other source of income must it be in naira or pounds because it was not indicated.

Put it in naira they can only convert to £
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2017
nomad26:

@justwise, please can you provide information on this case? Thanks.
Tell your friend to join nairaland
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dammysmart: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2017
hello @justwise and all other gurus in the house...is there any implication in traveling like a week after the start date of your program in the UK?? if there is pls how can it be solved when U are to start the charity work by 22nd and U arrive UK airport by 27th...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2017
Dammysmart:
hello @justwise and all other gurus in the house...is there any implication in traveling like a week after the start date of your program in the UK?? if there is pls how can it be solved when U are to start the charity work by 22nd and U arrive UK airport by 27th...thanks

Simple

You get a letter from the organisers permitting you to join 5 days late.
Carry this through POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

That will really help his application and give support to those cash payments which he has to explain in his application form

Thanks justwise!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nomad26: 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2017
travelpoint:

Tell your friend to join nairaland

I have told him o, he is concerned about privacy, which I don't think is a big deal here. I cannot be messenger every time lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by slextheboss: 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello Mr Justwise, Please a friend wants to visit the Uk for 10 days for , he has been to the Uk before back in 2012 but this time he will be sponsored by his elder brother who owns a Hotel and does business.

My friend is works for one of the federal ministries and the pay is low that is why his brother is sponsoring.

My question is, will he stand any chance in getting a tourist Visa?

His brothers bank Acct runs into millions and hotel and flight itenary is ready.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by goryorhal(m): 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
Anyone here can help me out with the visa fees? .... i pay cash in naira
6 months visa
@justwise

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
slextheboss:
Hello Mr Justwise, Please a friend wants to visit the Uk for 10 days for , he has been to the Uk before back in 2012 but this time he will be sponsored by his elder brother who owns a Hotel and does business.

My friend is works for one of the federal ministries and the pay is low that is why his brother is sponsoring.

My question is, will he stand any chance in getting a tourist Visa?

His brothers bank Acct runs into millions and hotel and flight itenary is ready.

His chances of getting a visa is remote
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
goryorhal:
6 months visa
@justwise

Thanks

Sorry i got no idea
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kazumu: 3:54am On Feb 09, 2017
Pay through Paga

goryorhal:
6 months visa
@justwise

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by goryorhal(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2017
Kazumu:

Pay through Paga

how can i go about that ? can u help me out please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:46am On Feb 09, 2017
goryorhal:

how can i go about that ? can u help me out please?
Google Paga and follow the registration steps. Should be easy. Dunno if Paga works sef but you can easily pay with your usd card, or get someone with dom account and card to help you.

[s]Maybe I should start that biz sef. cheesy $20 service charge per transaction [/s]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by goryorhal(m): 7:58am On Feb 09, 2017
ifyalways:

Google Paga and follow the registration steps. Should be easy. Dunno if Paga works sef but you can easily pay with your usd card, or get someone with dom account and card to help you.

[s]Maybe I should start that biz sef. cheesy $20 service charge per transaction [/s]

Hi
Thanks i dont have a dom account and i dont also have a usd card expect from the bank's atm card..

Think paga will be alright but i dont know how to link my account up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by slextheboss: 8:14am On Feb 09, 2017
justwise:

His chances of getting a visa is remote

wow, okay thank you mr justwise.

what would you suggest?

I told him maybe he needs to work on his Account overtime through allowances

I remain grateful justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2017
worry357:

Sorry but travel to other African countries, even South Africa
will not improve her chances at all.

The only travel that will help is to go and return from countries like USA. UK. or Shengen.
Everyone is judged on ties to prove return to home and robust finances.

Even people with running American are denied,nothing is cast in concrete,you just have to do your home work well and ready to challenge them if you think they err in their judgment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2017
@justwise and other gurus
My wife is British/Nigeria. She return back to Nigeria in December 2015 after spending 6 months in the United Kingdom. She currently staying with me as she has no intention of going back soon. My problem is that in my four previous successful U.K. Visas, her nationality with Nigerian before she got her British passport in 2015. I intend to change it now to British Citizen living in Nigeria supported with both her British and Nigerian passports. Will this new information in my application affect my chances? Should my wife provide a supporting letter to clarify her dual nationality and time in the UK? When she was in the UK she worked for 5 months before returning back to Nigeria. I am applying for 5 years business visa to attend a conference in April 2017 which will cost me £600. My current 2 years UK business visa will expire on the 10th of April 2017. Thank you in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dossylvanus(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
Hi guys... I want to know if an official letterheaded statement of result and official transcript is enough to show proof of degree for a tier 4 general student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kazumu: 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
Thank you all for all the wonderful contribution that assisted me in packaging my visa application.

I applied last year July but visa was denied because I added retail deposit from my business to my monthly salary without proper explanation. I have a fixed salary that goes to my personal account on a monthly basis.

On Dec. 13th 2016, I re-applied again and my application was delayed for over 6weeks despite all the supporting documents i listed in my earlier post except the Nil tax clearance i obtained at the FIRS with payment of N20,000 (POL) which was stated on the receipt. I stated in my additional note that my business is yet to commence full business operation which was the reason why I was issued a Nil tax clearance.

A mail was sent to me in January that my application has not been straightforward.

My 6months visa was granted today after 7weeks that i submitted my application, despite I cancelled my hotel reservation after 4weeks to prevent been debited by the hotel.

I thank God and really appreciate every bit of the contribution on this forum.

My advice to all future applicants is to submit genuine document to prevent been banned.

Thank you

Kazumu:
Good day my good people. Please am a silent reader of this thread and will like to ask questions concerning my proposed visa application.
I am an employee with a monthly salary of N250,000 directly credited to my account on a monthly basis but equally collect rent from my late parents inherited acres of land. The rent due is credited into my salary account virtually every week. I have the lease agreement prepared by our family lawyer where our names( junior sister and i ) are stated as the beneficiaries of the payment.
Please can I use this Lease agreement and the rent receipt to justify other credits into my salary account?

I have the following to submit with my application:
1. Employment letter
2. Six months payslip duly stamped by my company
3. Tax clearance card I obtained before joining the company. Direct assessment is written on the card but tax is monthly deducted from my salary on a monthly basis.
4. Marriage certificate and family pictures
5. Wife and son UK visa data pages
6. Property receipt jointly owned by wife and I
7. Six month statement of account with a closing balance if N1.3m but well operated for over 6months.
8. Bank Reference
9. Introduction letter from my company
10. Additional information explaining other income to my account, itinerary, budget analysis for 7days as £1000
12. Lease Agreement
13. Rent Receipt.
14. Hotel reservation

Kindly help me review and comment.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dasparrow: 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2017
What is a holiday booking confirmation? How do I obtain one? I saw on the list that it is required for a transit visa. Justwise, any idea?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:03am On Feb 10, 2017
dasparrow:
What is a holiday booking confirmation? How do I obtain one? I saw on the list that it is required for a transit visa. Justwise, any idea?

Where is your final destination ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:08am On Feb 10, 2017
ekpotek:
@justwise and other gurus
My wife is British/Nigeria. She return back to Nigeria in December 2015 after spending 6 months in the United Kingdom. She currently staying with me as she has no intention of going back soon. My problem is that in my four previous successful U.K. Visas, her nationality with Nigerian before she got her British passport in 2015. I intend to change it now to British Citizen living in Nigeria supported with both her British and Nigerian passports. Will this new information in my application affect my chances? Should my wife provide a supporting letter to clarify her dual nationality and time in the UK? When she was in the UK she worked for 5 months before returning back to Nigeria. I am applying for 5 years business visa to attend a conference in April 2017 which will cost me £600. My current 2 years UK business visa will expire on the 10th of April 2017. Thank you in advance.

Not at all, you can state that and add a note in your form to say that she became a British citizen after your last application.

She doesn't need to provide any document regarding her brief stay in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.