Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1536079 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
ladylco:
Please anyone who has recently applied for 2 years visa should please tell the visa fee
Through Ikeja centre you will have to pay $501 but I think V.I is a bit cheap.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
collinsfbi:
Through Ikeja centre you will have to pay $501 but I think V.I is a bit cheap.

Thank you so much @collinsfbi,

I still need the V.I fees too so that i can compare.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2017
ladylco:

Hello, please can I be enlightened more on the entrepreneur visa AS i have access to over £200,000. I await a awift response.

I think this will help
https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/overview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
ladylco:
Please anyone who has recently applied for 2 years visa should please tell the visa fee

330 pounds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
ladylco:

I don't really know but other people who used V.I recently should be able to help. I always prefer Ikeja because it's accessible to me and very fast.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
ekpotek:

330 pounds

It's cheaper then, that is around $411 and about $90 difference
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
ladylco:

Submission at V.I centre is free, the last time I checked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Really!
Is this for real! free!
Anyway I don't know so I can't dispute that but I have never heard of a free visa applicant package. I think the normal application fee for 2yrs is around $429 excluding centre charges.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
crossbonehelped:
Hi. Been on this thread for a while and really learnt a lot.
Plan travelling to U.K. in May ending for the second part of my medical licensing exam. Already paid the £845 fee for the exam and want to apply for the visiting business visa that plab exam falls under.
I have been working in a federal Govt facility for about 5 years but wasn't really planning on travelling till late in the year but some change in U.K policies means I have to travel soon.
My source of concern is the fact that my savings account only has about 200k which is about £500 inside while my estimated total spending would be about £1200 as I intend to spend only 4 days total. I however have a cooperative savings of about 800k which is available on request by me and I intend getting an official letter to that effect.
There's also a provision for a sponsor for which I'm considering using my Dads account as he could help to the tune of £1000 but I'm caught in between using just my saving account in the bank which is about 200k and my cooperative saving for which I could assess around 800k or just using my Dad as the main sponsor and probably adding about 200k myself to the money.
Note that I'm above 30 years of age though unmarried and the money in my dads account is a savings that's been on for over 3 years though the money is largely untouched but payments are made monthly.
Thnsks for the anticipated help.

I will advise that you do not use your father bank statement as this may be viewed by ECO as poor home ties to your country, after all, you're working and should be able to sponsor yourself without support from anywhere. .Since you have N800K available, request for this money to paid into your bank account. Then explain in a cover letter, that the money came from your cooperative savings with evidence and documentation from your cooperative to support it. With 1M in your bank account you are good to apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
collinsfbi:
Really!
Is this for real! free!
Anyway I don't know so I can't dispute that but I have never heard of a free visa applicant package. I think the normal application fee for 2yrs is around $429 excluding centre charges.

Free means that you would not be charge any handling fee at VI centre. Ikeja submission centre charges handling fee. Pls check TLC website for the currrent charges.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Thanks @ekpotek and @collinsfbi, you guys rock!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
ekpotek:

Free means that you would not be charge any handling fee at VI centre. Ikeja submission centre charges handling fee. Pls check TLC website for the currrent charges.

Cool ! You are right
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shessyfavour: 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello, Please how much is uk 6 month visa fee and what is the difference between submitting at ikeja and VI? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
[quote author=shessyfavour post=55106325]Hello, Please how much is uk 6 month visa fee and what is the difference between submitting at ikeja and VI? Thank you

6months UK Visa fee is $113 if you are submitting at Ikeja, you will pay additional center charge. But it seems Ikea is faster than V. I
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
ancestorial:
6months UK Visa fee is $113 if you are submitting at Ikeja, you will pay additional center charge. But it seems Ikea is faster than V. I

I think Ikeja is somehow faster and it's $185 with their centre charges for 6months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
ladylco:
It's $ 429 no matter the location (VI, Ikeja or Abuja)
However Ikeja attracts an extra $70.
It's on the UKBA website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
Please how can one contact Teleperformance (phone number)
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks Justwise, Ekpotek, Blank and Nonoski as well as every other contributor. I really appreciate your inputs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by crossbonehelped: 6:38am On Mar 31, 2017
ekpotek:

I will advise that you do not use your father bank statement as this may be viewed by ECO as poor home ties to your country, after all, you're working and should be able to sponsor yourself without support from anywhere. .Since you have N800K available, request for this money to paid into your bank account. Then explain in a cover letter, that the money came from your cooperative savings with evidence and documentation from your cooperative to support it. With 1M in your bank account you are good to apply.
Thanks a whole lot for the candid advice

Was thinking of obtaining a letter from the cooperative stating that I have access to the said amount on request and would be submitting my payslip which shows the monthly deductions for the cooperative as I would be submitting my application in the next 3 days and feel putting such a huge sum for any reason might be counter productive.
Then someone advised that using my dad as my sponsor shows family ties meaning I have peeps here that I'm close to as against going all alone without demonstrating any family support here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2017
nonoski:
Please how can one contact Teleperformance (phone number)
Thank you
I'm not sure they have a phone contact, you can only email them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2017
ifyalways:

I'm not sure they have a phone contact, you can only email them.
Kindly share their email...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 9:42am On Mar 31, 2017
nonoski:

Kindly share their email...
The only way to email them is to click on "feedback and complains" tab on their website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2017
Good day just wise and other gurus in the house..

I intend travelling to the u.k for the first time on vacation. My actally date of travel was supposed to be last month but I had to shift it to this month because of work.

My question is, in my form I stated that I will be visiting London for a one week stay. But now I want to just spent one night in london and head to Dublin to see my cousins I intend spending 2 weeks. My cousin has already booked a return bus ticket to take me from london to Dublin the second day after I arrive (and back in 2 weeks) as I want to visit a lot of attractions in london. I need to to state that I did not declare that I have any family member in the UK.

I have also booked a hotel for my one night stay in London. I will also be traveling with about $2500 for shopping and pocket change. .

I hope the Point of entry officer will not raise issues
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 9:56am On Mar 31, 2017
Good day House,
Please I still need help on the matter i earlier raised. At justwise et all pls i need ur assistance urgently.

I, my wife and 2 children applied for a two years visa (visitor), on the TLS website i linked all the applications together and on the 13th we all did our biometrics in VI centre.
Since then i have been tracking the applications on the TLS website. On Tuesday i received email from TLS that a decision has been made on my application and my daughter and that our passports would be returned via courier. On the TLS website i also noticed that a decision was yet to be made on my Wife and Son even till this morning.
Curiously my passport has been returned with a 2 year visa but my Daughters Passport which shows that it has been dispatched by courier is yet to be returned.
So please has someone else experienced this kind of thing coz the last tym we applied our passports were all returned once.
I have been trying to contact teleperformance but cant get their number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Mar 31, 2017
nonoski:
Good day House,
Please I still need help on the matter i earlier raised. At justwise et all pls i need ur assistance urgently.

I, my wife and 2 children applied for a two years visa (visitor), on the TLS website i linked all the applications together and on the 13th we all did our biometrics in VI centre.
Since then i have been tracking the applications on the TLS website. On Tuesday i received email from TLS that a decision has been made on my application and my daughter and that our passports would be returned via courier. On the TLS website i also noticed that a decision was yet to be made on my Wife and Son even till this morning.
Curiously my passport has been returned with a 2 year visa but my Daughters Passport which shows that it has been dispatched by courier is yet to be returned.
So please has someone else experienced this kind of thing coz the last tym we applied our passports were all returned once.
I have been trying to contact teleperformance but cant get their number.

Have you visited their office to check?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2017
justwise:

Have you visited their office to check?
I am in Port Harcourt
That was why i chose the courier option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:29am On Mar 31, 2017
oloolo:
Good day just wise and other gurus in the house..

I intend travelling to the u.k for the first time on vacation. My actally date of travel was supposed to be last month but I had to shift it to this month because of work.

My question is, in my form I stated that I will be visiting London for a one week stay. But now I want to just spent one night in london and head to Dublin to see my cousins I intend spending 2 weeks. My cousin has already booked a return bus ticket to take me from london to Dublin the second day after I arrive (and back in 2 weeks) as I want to visit a lot of attractions in london. I need to to state that I did not declare that I have any family member in the UK.

I have also booked a hotel for my one night stay in London. I will also be traveling with about $2500 for shopping and pocket change. .

I hope the Point of entry officer will not raise issues

Not keeping your story/record straight when applying for visa does not help your immigration record.

1. You stated that you will be staying in London for one week but now you want to spend a night and spend 2 weeks in Dublin.

2. You stated that you don't know anybody in the UK but now want to visit your cousin for 2 weeks who lives in the UK.

There is a reason why many Nigerians find it difficult to get a visa and that reason is obvious.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:30am On Mar 31, 2017
nonoski:

I am in Port Harcourt
That was why i chose the courier option.

Contact the embassy and not the visa centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 10:51am On Mar 31, 2017
justwise:

Contact the embassy and not the visa centre
Please how do i do that.
Please can i have their email address or phone number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:05am On Mar 31, 2017
nonoski:

Please how do i do that.
Please can i have their email address or phone number

All in their website. Lagos or Abuja British embassy website has all the details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KEYSERSOZE(m): 11:15am On Mar 31, 2017
Hello house,

i applied for a 6months visa last year,which i got. i now intend applying for another visa (renewal), but my salary for the month of jan, feb & march will be paid same time in march. i intend to apply for another visa(renewal). i hope this would not cast a shadow of doubt on my bank statement.

Many thanks for your suggestion & opinions

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phraoh(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hi all,

Applying for 6months visa and when i was registering at the TLC website, i unwittingly chose my Visa centre as Ikeja when i actually booked for submission and biometrics for VI..And i cant seem to be able to change it as they said my reference number has already being registered..

Please i want to know if its ok or an issue?

Furthermore, can someone clearly itemise all the documents and requirements needed to be submitted so that i can tick them off and will it all be original ,say Incorporation certificates since am self employed etc.

Thanks all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.