Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526807 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smilz(m): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2017
Codes151:
u indicate what your traveling With n let it b possible in your account Minus your tp! I think your good To go

Thanks Codes 151 and Ekpotek. That was really helpful. Thanks alot.

Please, I want to sit for a professional exam in UK. My boss has offered to sponsor my trip and accommodation as it will be an opportunity to also visit the company's headquarters in Uk. Do I state I'm going for an exam, or just say I'm going to visit the company's Hq then while there I sit for the exam.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Francois10:
The UK Visa Application Centre, Lagos User Pays VAC switch

With effect from the 3rd April, 2017, the UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja will no longer be a User Pay VAC. However, applicants who wish to submit their applications at the Victoria Island Centre will now be subject to the User Pay fee.

This change is essentially put to drive applicants to their Ikeja centre, which have received few patronage. Last time I submitted at Ikeja centre, I spent less than 10 minutes from document assessment to biometric. I am sure many applicants will start going back to Ikeja now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
ekpotek:

There is no minimum or maximum amount. What matters is your home ties and sufficient funds to cover your trip without stress.

Saying there is no minimum is like we are not being honest with this question,I have asked this same question here and no one seems to provide a definite answer,same answer you gave was what some of the respondent gave.....But we all know that an account balance.of #500k WILL NEVER SECURE YOU A UK VISA,NO MATTER HOW STRONG YOUR HOME TIES IS.However going by what.I have read here from those who made a successful application I will say a closing balance.of #1.2million with genuine documents and strong reasons/ties makes.you stand a better chance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smilz(m): 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
Solatium:

Saying there is no minimum is like we are not being honest with this question,I have asked this same question here and no one seems to provide a definite answer,same answer you gave was what some of the respondent gave.....But we all know that an account balance.of #500k WILL NEVER SECURE YOU A UK VISA,NO MATTER HOW STRONG YOUR HOME TIES IS.However going by what.I have read here from those who made a successful application I will say a closing balance.of #1.2million with genuine documents and strong reasons/ties makes.you stand a better chance

Thanks Solatium. Actually heard same from someone. Truly appreciate it. Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thanks Ekpotek. I would only include my certificate as I couldn't print the statement. Hope that's okay.
ekpotek:

@Mialate, @dcutey. This is very good and smart move in my opinion. A lot of applicants do not know that a pensionable job is a very strong home and economic ties, as it demonstrates to the ECO that you're not likely to overstay by AWOL. Besides you can only access your retirement saving after retirement at 60-65 years. However, there must substantial amount in your retirement savings to satisfy the ECO. Go ahead and include your retirement saving account documentation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
Solatium:

Saying there is no minimum is like we are not being honest with this question,I have asked this same question here and no one seems to provide a definite answer,same answer you gave was what some of the respondent gave.....But we all know that an account balance.of[b] #500k WILL NEVER SECURE YOU A UK VISA,NO MATTER HOW STRONG YOUR HOME TIES IS[/b].However going by what.I have read here from those who made a successful application I will say a closing balance.of #1.2million with genuine documents and strong reasons/ties makes.you stand a better chance

@Solatium. You're wrong. I secured my last UK visa with just N219K closing bank balance in March 2017. This was my fifth successful application. Likewise, my brother and his family were denied in 2016 with a closing bank balance of N4m in their account. Applicants are judged on their social and economic ties to Nigeria and the assurances that they will return back to Nigeria after their visit. If the ECO is not convinced that you will return back and not overstay or elope, even if you have 100m in your bank account will not secure you a UK visit visa.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
mialate:
Thanks Ekpotek. I would only include my certificate as I couldn't print the statement. Hope that's okay.

I will suggest that you visit your Pension Fund Manager, and request a statement from them, or letter from them. This could be the difference between approval and denial. No document is too insignificant when applying for UK visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
Would have but appointment is tmrw. My certificate has my PEN RSA account number. I feel it's just to show I pay pension as my pay slip indicates monthly deductions or I should just ignore add that.
ekpotek:

I will suggest that you visit your Pension Fund Manager, and request a statement from them, or letter from them. This could be the difference between approval and denial. No document is too insignificant when applying for UK visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
mialate:
Would have but appointment is tmrw. My certificate has my PEN RSA account number. I feel it's just to show I pay pension as my pay slip indicates monthly deductions or I should just ignore add that.

You can always reschedule your appointment and prepare well. The ECO will be interested to see your saving retirement balance? However, if you do not feel strongly about it. You can go ahead to keep your appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
ekpotek:

@Solatium. You're wrong. I secured my last UK visa with just N219K closing bank balance in March 2017. This was my fifth successful application. Likewise, my brother and his family were denied in 2016 with a closing bank balance of N4m in their account. Applicants are judged on their social and economic ties to Nigeria and the assurances that they will return back to Nigeria after their visit. If the ECO is not convinced that you will return back and not overstay or elope, even if you have 100m in your bank account will not secure you a UK visit visa.

You just said it that your application was the fifth,probably you are now holding a 10yrs visa,the success of your last application was hinged on the strength of your previous immigration record...but a first timer with such an account balance WILL COME WITH OUTRIGHT REFUSAL, most of those asking this question here are usually first timer who do not want to put a foot wrong,we have read about people whose only reason for refusal was insufficient balance. abi no be so?

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
Solatium:

You just said it that your application was the fifth,probably you are now holding a 10yrs visa,the success of your last application was hinged on the strength of your previous immigration record...but a first timer with such an account balance WILL COME WITH OUTRIGHT REFUSAL, most of those asking this question here are usually first timer who do not want to put a foot wrong,we have read about people whose only reason for refusal was insufficient balance. abi no be so?

Actually, my current visa is 5 years. What actually helped my application was in the last 5 years that I have been visiting the UK, I have never stayed more than 10 days per visit. Last year alone, I went in and out of the UK 4 times, and I did not spend up to 10 days cumulatively. My first UK visit application in 2007 was refused and the reason was not due to insufficient balance but that I did not provide sufficient documentation to support the bank balance. My second refusal in 2011 was that I did not provide evidence that my trip was been sponsored. So what matter most is to show that you have sufficient fund to cover your visit and that these funds are available to you (even if you are not sponsoring yourself). If you read the refusal letters posted on naira land that are due to bank statements balances. The ECO will say 'I am not convinced that this funds will be available to you'. Most first timers are likely to be refused as they failed to go through this wonderful thread on naira land for tips, and believed, that, what the ECO is more interested in is seeing a big bank account balance, rather than proving a strong social and economic ties to home country.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thanks Ekpotek. Will do.As advised
ekpotek:

You can always reschedule your appointment and prepare well. The ECO will be interested to see your saving retirement balance? However, if you do not feel strongly about it. You can go ahead to keep your appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2017
ekpotek:

Actually, my current visa is 5 years. What actually helped my application was in the last 5 years that I have been visiting the UK, I have never stayed more than 10 days per visit. Last year alone, I went in and out of the UK 4 times, and I did not spend up to 10 days cumulatively. My first UK visit application in 2007 was refused and the reason was not due to insufficient balance but that I did not provide sufficient documentation to support the bank balance. My second refusal in 2011 was that I did not provide evidence that my trip was been sponsored. So what matter most is to show that you have sufficient fund to cover your visit and that these funds are available to you (even if you are not sponsoring yourself). If you read the refusal letters posted on naira land that are due to bank statements balances. The ECO will say 'I am not convinced that this funds will be available to you'. Most first timers are likely to be refused as they failed to go through this wonderful thread on naira land for tips, and believed, that, what the ECO is more interested in is seeing a big bank account balance, rather than proving a strong social and economic ties to home country.

We are both saying the same thing in a different way and manner,but to convice you of the above statement I will quote a line from your latest response which goes "So what matter most is to show that you have sufficient fund to cover your visit and that these funds are available to you" .....We all know what is sufficient for a UK travel and it is expected that you have enough money to live on once you are back from your holiday..........I appreciate the justice you have been doing to people's enquiries as well as other contibutors,we are all just crossfertillizing ideas to get things right.kudos bro/sis
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ekpotek, thanks for your contributions - they've been helpful and insightful. Please how much validity should my international passport have when applying for U.K. Visa and when entering the UK? My passport expires in December this year and I won't be able to apply for the UK visa till like end of April or beginning of May because I'm currently processing my child's passport. I've heard of a six month passport validity but I didn't see anything like that on the U.K. Visa application site.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
dcutey:
Ekpotek, thanks for your contributions - they've been helpful and insightful. Please how much validity should my international passport have when applying for U.K. Visa and when entering the UK? My passport expires in December this year and I won't be able to apply for the UK visa till like end of April or beginning of May because I'm currently processing my child's passport. I've heard of a six month passport validity but I didn't see anything like that on the U.K. Visa application site.

Six months validity is the standard practice, as your visit visa will be for six months if approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
Solatium:

We are both saying the same thing in a different way and manner,but to convice you of the above statement I will quote a line from your latest response which goes "So what matter most is to show that you have sufficient fund to cover your visit and that these funds are available to you" .....We all know what is sufficient for a UK travel and it is expected that you have enough money to live on once you are back from your holiday..........I appreciate the justice you have been doing to people's enquiries as well as other contibutors,we are all just crossfertillizing ideas to get things right.kudos bro/sis

Yes, brother we share the same view. However, it's not helpful for applicants to think that you only need to have a bank balance of over 1M to get a UK visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Codes151(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2017
smilz:

Thanks Codes 151 and Ekpotek. That was really helpful. Thanks alot.

Please, I want to sit for a professional exam in UK. My boss has offered to sponsor my trip and accommodation as it will be an opportunity to also visit the company's headquarters in Uk. Do I state I'm going for an exam, or just say I'm going to visit the company's Hq then while there I sit for the exam.

Thanks.
u have a letter from you company approving the travel? If u do, that justifies it... even at that, you don't need too much reason! It's visiting and they know your coming Back cuz u would have to get a flight in and out. And they'd probably give u 3 or sth! Whether na exams or to go charge phone, visit na visit!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
Codes151:
u have a letter from you company approving the travel? If u do, that justifies it... even at that, you don't need too much reason! It's visiting and they know your coming Back cuz u would have to get a flight in and out. And they'd probably give u 3 or sth! Whether na exams or to go charge phone, visit na visit!

Plans to visit your company headquarter in the U.K. is not a guarantee that you will be given a visit visa. Your company HQ must send you a letter of invitation specifying the purpose of your visit, acthities you will perform while there including provision of accommodation and sponsorship. Without a clear reason for your visit, you are likely to be refused, even if na Queen invite you.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phraoh(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
ekpotek:

No problem only that you will pay handling fee if you decide to submit at Ikeja, regardless of your choice.

Thanks @ekpotek.

I plan to submit at VI though.

Please do you mind telling me all the documents to submit to make sure i got all i need to hand in .

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:02am On Apr 04, 2017
phraoh:

Thanks @ekpotek.

I plan to submit at VI though.

Please do you mind telling me all the documents to submit to make sure i got all i need to hand in .

Cheers.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DeeandGLady: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello House,

Please I need help I have been trying to pay for my visa fee in the past 5 days now, I had used a US dollar Master card , a Nigerian dollar master card, a UK pound Visa card, but payment has not been successfully with the 3 cards. I get the unsuccessful message your payment is unsuccessful because you have insufficient fund or you have entered an incorrect card details. This message was received on all 3 cards and I have sufficient balance and my cards also details are correct. I even had to call the banks to verify the details again. One of the banks told me there has not been an attempt to use my card, they would have seen it.

Anyone experiencing same issue? I need urgent help to pay my fee, am running out of time and losing appointment dates as well please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
DeeandGLady:
Hello House,

Please I need help I have been trying to pay for my visa fee in the past 5 days now, I had used a US dollar Master card , a Nigerian dollar master card, a UK pound Visa card, but payment has not been successfully with the 3 cards. I get the unsuccessful message your payment is unsuccessful because you have insufficient fund or you have entered an incorrect card details. This message was received on all 3 cards and I have sufficient balance and my cards also details are correct. I even had to call the banks to verify the details again. One of the banks told me there has not been an attempt to use my card, they would have seen it.

Anyone experiencing same issue? I need urgent help to pay my fee, am running out of time and losing appointment dates as well please help.

Since your bank as stated that they have not received any attempt to use your card, then there is something you have not done from your end. I would suggest that you logout from the application form site. Then log in an try again. Refreshing the webpage or using the backward arrow do not work when doing online transactions because of hackers and to prevent fraud. If this does not work. Then register with an online payment processor like paga.com or Paypal.com to make the payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DiObyyy: 9:18am On Apr 05, 2017
Hello House,
Please I need your opinion,
I am applying for a U.K. Visitor's visa,
I stated that I'll be sightseeing in London & doing some shopping as I'm on vacation from work.
I booked a hotel for my visa application.
Do I need to show evidence of sightseeing e.g London bus tours etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DeeandGLady: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2017
ekpotek:

Since your bank as stated that they have not received any attempt to use your card, then there is something you have not done from your end. I would suggest that you logout from the application form site. Then log in an try again. Refreshing the webpage or using the backward arrow do not work when doing online transactions because of hackers and to prevent fraud. If this does not work. Then register with an online payment processor like paga.com or Paypal.com to make the payment.

@ekpotek thanks for your response, as a techki person I have tried all technical means(clearing cache, histor, used another system), including trying to pay with Paga still same but one thing I noticed is whenever I get to the payment page the error message is still there so I suspect that where the issue lies. See: http://take.ms/9Ppgq

Will starting another application help cos right now that's the only option I have. Please has anyone experienced this issue before? Note I have used different system.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DeeandGLady: 11:15am On Apr 05, 2017
DiObyyy:
Hello House,
I stated that I'll be sightseeing in London & doing some shopping as I'm on vacation from work.

I don't think you need that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DiObyyy: 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
Okay, thank you

quote author=DeeandGLady post=55282452]

I don't think you need that.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by DeeandGLady: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hi All,

Please this is urgent Oooo Has anyone paid for a visa application lately? say in the last five days Was it successful? How did you pay? Please also send the link you used for the UK Visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2017
DiObyyy:
Hello House,

You will need to include a detailed iternary of what sight seeing and activities you plan to do in London. If not your application is likely to be refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2017
DeeandGLady:

@ekpotek thanks for your response, as a techki person I have tried all technical means(clearing cache, histor, used another system), including trying to pay with Paga still same but one thing I noticed is whenever I get to the payment page the error message is still there so I suspect that where the issue lies. See: http://take.ms/9Ppgq

Will starting another application help cos right now that's the only option I have. Please has anyone experienced this issue before? Note I have used different system.

Pls note Nigerian Naira cards have been disabled from international transactions. You are free to start another application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lekanade273: 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2017
DiObyyy:
Hello House,

You dont need 2 show any sight seeing evidence.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2017
DiObyyy:
Hello House,
Just state the names of where you are likely to visit in your application then you are cool.
Lekanade273:

You dont need 2 show any sight seeing evidence.
You are right

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by airminem(f): 9:02am On Apr 06, 2017
One Question. Where Are The Travel Passports Nigerians Apply For Produced?

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.