Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530879 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Path21: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
Justwise,

Please I want to confirm if I can apply for UK visa if I have been refused Schengen visa before or do I need to state the refusal?
I was refused Italian visa last year is over one year now but they put a stamp on my passport with date on it.
I want to apply for Priority Visa processing which I red is take 5 to 7 working days.
Please want is your advise?

Thank you and God bless you
Hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wascofasco(m): 3:43am On Apr 30, 2017
Path21:
Justwise,

Please I want to confirm if I can apply for UK visa if I have been refused Schengen visa before or do I need to state the refusal?
I was refused Italian visa last year is over one year now but they put a stamp on my passport with date on it.
I want to apply for Priority Visa processing which I red is take 5 to 7 working days.

what date is on the stamped page? When were you refused? What category did you apply for (Italy) and what category are you willing to apply for (UK)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Path21: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2017
I applied for (Italy) tourist visa and the stamp was on February 10, 2016, I want to apply for UK tourist visa.

Thank you

what date is on the stamped page? When were you refused? What category did you apply for (Italy) and what category are you willing to apply for (UK)[/quote]

I applied for (Italy) tourist visa and the stamp was on February 10, 2016, I want to apply for UK tourist visa.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Path21: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2017
wascofasco:

what date is on the stamped page? When were you refused? What category did you apply for (Italy) and what category are you willing to apply for (UK)

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wascofasco(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
Path21:

Thank you

Uk tourist visa is somehow difficult to get especially when you have been refused by another country who stamped your booklet. In a case like this, you will need a strong ties to your home country and a good bank account t. I have seen situations like this before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
Path21:
Justwise,

Going strictly by rule of priority visa service you don't qualify to use priority but last year somebody with US refusal used priority and was given a visa, it was spouse visa application though.

That said.. been refused a visa on its own is not a crime, the question is: Why were you refused?

Be honest with your application and declare all refusals stamped passport or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 1:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hello house, I'm want to apply for a visiting visa to UK for my leave vacation in September dis year. Please what documents do I need to meet the requirement to be granted a visa. PLEASE NOTE: I don't Ave any one to stay with over there. Someone to please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Path21: 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
wascofasco:

Uk tourist visa is somehow difficult to get especially when you have been refused by another country who stamped your booklet. In a case like this, you will need a strong ties to your home country and a good bank account t. I have seen situations like this before.

Thanks guys,

But can I apply non priority visa? Will my appreciation be judge base on previous refusal?
I have a good account and landed properties.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gg4real: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
decision on my application has been delayed due to enquries been made. I lodged this application since March 08 up to date no reply from TLS. Am I the only one experiencing this delay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
Good day Oga Justwise and every other important gurus in the house, this is my issue;
I was refused a uk visit visa last year July based on paragraph V.4.2. (a), (b).
I applied as a director in my company last year but now I want to apply as a worker in my company because there are more powerful directors in the company now and I'm not the signatory to the company account, so now I want to apply for a visit visa in may since I'll be on leave, my monthly salary is 507,000 Naira and here is what I intend to do
1) Apply as a normal employee in the company
2) I have 600k in my personal account at the moment (Money saved from my salary) and I will be including my may Salary, which would make my balance 1.1m.
3) I'll be staying with my sister who is a citizen, so free accommodation for me.
4) I'll only be paying for my flight (500k) and I'll only be staying 14 days in the uk.
5)I'll be including my PIT card
6) Marriage certificate
7) Eight Months Salary bank statement and personal bank statement. I have 150k in my Salary account at the moment.

Do you think I stand a chance of getting the visa? and is there any other thing I need to add? Looking forward to your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
Please justwise, ekpotek and all other gurus in the house answer my question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ollycka:
Good day Oga Justwise and every other important gurus in the house, this is my issue;
I was refused a uk visit visa last year July based on paragraph V.4.2. (a), (b).
I applied as a director in my company last year but now I want to apply as a worker in my company because there are more powerful directors in the company now and I'm not the signatory to the company account, so now I want to apply for a visit visa in may since I'll be on leave, my monthly salary is 507,000 Naira and here is what I intend to do
2) I have 600k in my personal account at the moment (Money saved from my salary) and I will be including my may Salary, which would make my balance 1.1m.
3) I'll be staying with my sister who is a citizen, so free accommodation for me.
4) I'll only be paying for my flight (500k) and I'll only be staying 14 days in the uk.
6) Marriage certificate
7) Eight Months Salary bank statement and personal bank statement. I have 150k in my Salary account at the moment.

Do you think I stand a chance of getting the visa? and is there any other thing I need to add? Looking forward to your response.

1. I'm not sure how that will help your application, last year you were a director and this year you are not again in the same company?

Were you demoted? If yes then attach a document to that effect.

2. What was your salary last year when you applied as a director?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 7:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ollycka:
6) Marriage certificate

What could make a director downgrade to an ordinary worker? if you earn 507,000 as you said in this your right up how come it's only 600k you are having as your savings? How come your flight ticket is 500k? How much do you spend on your personal/family expenses from your earning?......Guy loopholes dey this your claim,you need to sit down and analyse ur application very well,if you go with this narration it's gonna be another refusal .my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
jossyking10:
Thanks a lot @ Justwise and ekpotek. Please I want to ask another question. In the section where they asked about spouse details. My wife's passport contains her maiden name as her surname because she got the passport before we got married. The surname I am going to write for her must it be the one on that passport or my own surname once we are married. Though she is not going with me but seems there is a space for her passport number on that form. Thanks.

Write her surname as its in your marriage certificate and explain the differences just like you pointed out here that she got the passport before marriage.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
What could make a director downgrade to an ordinary worker? if you earn 507,000 as you said in this your right up how come it's only 600k you are having as your savings? How come your flight ticket is 500k? How much do you spend on your personal/family expenses from your earning?......Guy loopholes dey this your claim,you need to sit down and analyse ur application very well,if you go with this narration it's gonna be another refusal .my 2 cents[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
justwise:

1. I'm not sure how that will help your application, last year you were a director and this year you are not again in the same company?

Were you demoted? If yes then attach a document to that effect.

2. What was your salary last year when you applied as a director?

Last year when I applied, I declared my current position in the company as the finance manager and I have shares in the company too but all that info made all the document I sent too much, cos I sent the cac, tax clearance , financial statement and so many other things but guess what? The Eco wasn't patient enough to review it all and just gave me a refusal unjustly but I couldn't beg for a review because it said I have no right to appeal so I let it go. This time around, I'm just scared to declare myself as a director because I don't want to submit so much documents because I don't want it working against me.

My salary was 483,550 naira when I applied last year, now it's 507,000 naira.
Please Justwise, help me through this ordeal, I don't want to say I'm a director again cos the document I'll take would be too much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
Solatium:

What could make a director downgrade to an ordinary worker? if you earn 507,000 as you said in this your right up how come it's only 600k you are having as your savings? How come your flight ticket is 500k? How much do you spend on your personal/family expenses from your earning?......Guy loopholes dey this your claim,you need to sit down and analyse ur application very well,if you go with this narration it's gonna be another refusal .my 2 cents

Solatium:

It's not a down grade, I'm still a director in the company but with the smallest share, Last time, I applied I didn't provide the company account because the company isn't solely mine. I'll need the other directors to give a letter of consent before that can be done.
There is also nothing wrong if I have 600k in my personal account, after all my expenses, I always have 80-100k left at the end of each month, I have projects that I'm working on and I don't see why having accumulated 600k over 8months in my personal account is a problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
adeptonlin:
Hello house, I'm want to apply for a visiting visa to UK for my leave vacation in September dis year. Please what documents do I need to meet the requirement to be granted a visa. PLEASE NOTE: I don't Ave any one to stay with over there. Someone to please help.
Someone to help please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ollycka:

Last year when I applied, I declared my current position in the company as the finance manager and I have shares in the company too but all that info made all the document I sent too much, cos I sent the cac, tax clearance , financial statement and so many other things but guess what? The Eco wasn't patient enough to review it all and just gave me a refusal unjustly but I couldn't beg for a review because it said I have no right to appeal so I let it go. This time around, I'm just scared to declare myself as a director because I don't want to submit so much documents because I don't want it working against me.

My salary was 483,550 naira when I applied last year, now it's 507,000 naira.
Please Justwise, help me through this ordeal, I don't want to say I'm a director again cos the document I'll take would be too much.

Your story has to be consistent with the embassy, you can't apply for visa last year as a director and this year as an ordinary employee with such pay.

What you need to do is to work on those reason(s) for the refusal and not changing your employment position.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
justwise:

Your story has to be consistent with the embassy, you can't apply for visa last year as a director and this year as an ordinary employee with such pay.

What you need to do is to work on those reason(s) for the refusal and not changing your employment position.

Okay thanks, I'll go back and see what I can do, I'm just scared, that's all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
justwise:

If I want to apply and still state that I have shares in the company, please what document exactly would you advise me to include in my application? I don't want to add any irrelevant document. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ollycka:

If I want to apply and still state that I have shares in the company, please what document exactly would you advise me to include in my application? I don't want to add any irrelevant document. Thanks.

List those documents you submitted before

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
justwise:

List those documents you submitted before

CAC,MOA,Tax Clearance, Financial Account, my personal account statement, marriage certificate, husband's passport page, cover letter from me and the person that invited me, contracts executed by the company, proof of money being owed to the company.

This time around, I want to submit these;
Leave letter
Payslip
Salary Account statement for 8months or more
Personal Account statement for 8months or more
Personal Income Tax card
Invitation Letter
Passport page of the person inviting me
Utility bill
Marriage certificate

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jossyking10: 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Thank you justwise. Did you mean I should write my own surname for her or her maiden name on her passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ollycka:

CAC,MOA,Tax Clearance, Financial Account, my personal account statement, marriage certificate, husband's passport page, cover letter from me and the person that invited me, contracts executed by the company, proof of money being owed to the company.

Leave letter
Payslip
Personal Income Tax card
Invitation Letter
Utility bill
Marriage certificate

Do you have your form c02 & co7 attached to your previous application? Even if your number of shares have been greatly reduce from what it use to be there should be an evidence from cac, Certification of incorporation is not enough to signify you are a director......Just like what others have advise,you need to stick to your previous stories and back it with claim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Solatium:

Do you have your form c02 & co7 attached to your previous application? Even if your number of shares have been greatly reduce from what it use to be there should be an evidence from cac, Certification of incorporation is not enough to signify you are a director......Just like what others have advise,you need to stick to your previous stories and back it with claim.

C02 & C07 was part of the last application
My number of shares hasn't been reduced at all, it's still the same, I only decided to go as an employee without mentioning that I have shares in the company because I don't want to submit too many document like the last time cos nowadays, these ECO don't go through your application thoroughly before giving a decision, they look for the silliest of reasons to refuse someone or just refuse you unjustly so I'm trying to avoid all that.
Everyone I know that has been getting their visas, just put a few things but very accurate and useful info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:29am On May 01, 2017
Ollycka:

Leave letter
Payslip
Personal Income Tax card
Invitation Letter
Utility bill
Marriage certificate

It seem rather odd that a director of a company could have been refused a visit visa given that you submitted the above documents. Will you be kind to share your refusal letter so that we can analysis it and help. Changing status or submitting fewer documents won't help as Home Office already have your file containing all your previous documents submitted and application form. Addressing the reasons for your last refusal is the most appropriate thing to do in any new application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:33am On May 01, 2017
jossyking10:
Thank you justwise. Did you mean I should write my own surname for her or her maiden name on her passport?

Write her current name and include evidence of change of name e.g. Marriage certificate, change of name publication etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:35am On May 01, 2017
adeptonlin:

Someone to help please

Read back through the thread and you find what you are looking for. Or visit the www.uk.gov and look for requirements for visitor visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:14am On May 01, 2017
ekpotek:

It seem rather odd that a director of a company could have been refused a visit visa given that you submitted the above documents. Will you be kind to share your refusal letter so that we can analysis it and help. Changing status or submitting fewer documents won't help as Home Office already have your file containing all your previous documents submitted and application form. Addressing the reasons for your last refusal is the most appropriate thing to do in any new application.

It happened last year, I don't know where I kept the refusal letter but I'll take my time and look for it today then I'll post and tag you.
I was refused unjustly, everything was complete, I just feel I submitted a lot of document and the ECO didn't have time to look through it and just refused me because I paid for the priority service and it was even two days late before I got an email saying a decision had been made, when I saw the refusal, I was dumb founded. I wanted to send an email but I felt I would be wasting my time so I let it go since I wasn't desperate to travel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.