Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538524 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:16pm On May 03, 2017
wrongnumber:

So if I can explain this then there will be no need to present any statement right?

Would my lack of statement or job prevent me from getting the visa even when I have a sponsor who presented a statement of account?

You still need to submit a 6 month bank statement unless you do not have a bank account. In as much the ECO will see that you have a sponsor, there is also the need to see that you have strong ties to Nigeria that will make you return after your visit. For medical trip you must correspondences with a UK doctor/hospital and know estimated cost of the medical evaluation. A referral letter from Nigeria may not be enough. Your chances of getting the visa will depend on the ECO assessing your application based on the documents you have submitted. I cannot say more than this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wrongnumber: 3:15pm On May 03, 2017
ekpotek:

You still need to submit a 6 month bank statement unless you do not have a bank account. In as much the ECO will see that you have a sponsor, there is also the need to see that you have strong ties to Nigeria that will make you return after your visit. For medical trip you must correspondences with a UK doctor/hospital and know estimated cost of the medical evaluation. A referral letter from Nigeria may not be enough. Your chances of getting the visa will depend on the ECO assessing your application based on the documents you have submitted. I cannot say more than this.

Thanks for your prompt answer but please one more thing

My sponsor plans to make the down payment for the medical examination to the hospital and the hospital will send a letter to this effect.

Regarding my bank statement is it allowed to lodge in some money and explain in the application why the lodge mentioned was done even if it's not up to 28 working days?

How much am I really expected to have in my account considering the fact that it is a sponsor trip? is 500k OK considering the fact that I will be staying for just 6weeks?

Sorry for the questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 11:04pm On May 03, 2017
Hello gurus in the house. During my previous application I stated that I will spend 1week just to ve a lean budget. But I spent 13days in the UK. Now I want to renew will this affect d decision?
How do I explain this or I should just be silent since I didn't over stay d visa. Please kindly advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Beautifulswan: 1:58am On May 04, 2017
I am applying for a tier 5 dependant visa and I'm currently putting my supporting documents together. I wish to enquire if I'm supposed to label the documents. Thanks
cc: justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by WESTERNCR: 2:46pm On May 04, 2017
My cousins application has been pending since 8th March and no update till today. 3weeks ago he sent an e!email enquiring about the status of his application and they replied that decision on his application is been delayed whilst further enquiries are been conducted. He called them on phone yesterday they couldn't find his application record, later they sent him an Escalation form for him to fill which he did immediately.
Has anyone experienced or currently going through this same issue and what could be wrong?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 5:46pm On May 04, 2017
rinw:
Hello gurus in the house. During my previous application I stated that I will spend 1week just to ve a lean budget. But I spent 13days in the UK. Now I want to renew will this affect d decision?
How do I explain this or I should just be silent since I didn't over stay d visa. Please kindly advise.
This cannot affect you because you never overstayed your visa. I did same thing years back. In my application I stated 2 weeks but I stayed for 2.5 months in UK out of the 6 months visa. When I got to Naija I later applied for 2 years visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 5:48pm On May 04, 2017
Beautifulswan:
I am applying for a tier 5 dependant visa and I'm currently putting my supporting documents together. I wish to enquire if I'm supposed to label the documents. Thanks
That will be good. The reviewer will understand quickly what the document is for than to guess
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nikiihardehx(f): 5:52pm On May 04, 2017
travelpoint:

This cannot affect you because you never overstayed your visa. I did same thing years back. In my application I stated 2 weeks but I stayed for 2.5 months in UK out of the 6 months visa. When I got to Naija I later applied for 2 years visa.
did you declare it when you wanted to renew, that you stayed x yz weeks instead of intended abc weeks, with reason
Pls poster @travelpoint dont try it, declare it to be on safe side, 429dolls is much to be wasted. Just give good and genuine reason. Do not gamble, dont spoil your record biko, speakinv from experience
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OyelSheik: 6:25pm On May 04, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to pay for my UK Visa application since yesterday with my GTB DOLLAR CARD. Yet its always been unsuccessful.

Can anyone help with advice as to an alternative way to make payment.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 7:52pm On May 04, 2017
House, please what other utility bills apart from land document can someone attach for a visiting visa requirement?
Urgent response Pls.
Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On May 04, 2017
Beautifulswan:

Nothing wrong with that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2017
rinw:

If spotted by the ECO treating your next application yes it will affect your application.

When given a 6months multiple entry visa it does not mean that you are allowed to stay for 6months or more than what you stated in your application.

Visa is issued to you based on your budget for that particular trip, what is why questions like: How much do you have for this trip AND How much is the cost of the trip to you.

So if you budgeted for 2weeks trip and have money for that 2weeks but ended up staying for 3-4 weeks, the question is: How did you sustain yourself and what were you doing in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by adeptonlin(m): 8:03pm On May 04, 2017
adeptonlin:
House, please what other utility bills apart from land document can someone attach for a visiting visa requirement?
Urgent response Pls.
Regards
?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Sandyzubby: 4:59am On May 05, 2017
Goodmorning everyone,I need your help,am travelling to U.K. For the frist time.pls what are the requirements for visiting visa and Pls help me out.pls someone help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sato1985: 5:28am On May 05, 2017
Good morning to everybody in the house, I am going to UK visa center in ikeja from Ibadan, please how can I get there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by rinw: 7:36am On May 05, 2017
justwise:

If spotted by the ECO treating your next application yes it will affect your application.

When given a 6months multiple entry visa it does not mean that you are allowed to stay for 6months or more than what you stated in your application.

Visa is issued to you based on your budget for that particular trip, what is why questions like: How much do you have for this trip AND How much is the cost of the trip to you.

So if you budgeted for 2weeks trip and have money for that 2weeks but ended up staying for 3-4 weeks, the question is: How did you sustain yourself and what were you doing in the UK?
Thanks Justwise. But please how can I manage the situation now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by benileo: 10:23am On May 05, 2017
ekpotek:

Yes you have to disclosed your wife sister details. This disclosure does not in any way affect your wife sister application. The home office has extensive investigative ability so there is no need to hide this inform.

There is a strong compelling reason for your mother in law to visit. This is what you must proof with evidence. The most important thing is to demonstrate that you have adequate funds to sponsor her visit. The home office already have a file on you since you successfully sponsored your wife.

pls guys note that if you are applying for settlement visa ur sponsore should be receiving £22400 not £18600 this is the new review done by the home office. people within EU is still £18600 and people outside EU is now £22400.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2017
benileo:

pls guys note that if you are applying for settlement visa ur sponsore should be receiving £22400 not £18600 this is the new review done by the home office. people within EU is still £18600 and people outside EU is now £22400.

Are you sure about that figure? Any link from Homeoffice to support that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbola4real(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2017
benileo:

Can you please include link of where you got this info cos I dont think there has been any change in the financial requirement level. The 22400 is for spouse with a non-EU child. For a spouse without a child, i believe the financial requirement level still remains 18600.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:20pm On May 05, 2017
sato1985:
Good morning to everybody in the house, I am going to UK visa center in ikeja from Ibadan, please how can I get there

BY BUS
Drop at Ojodu Berger, then enter Ikeja bus.         
From Ikeja, enter a bus heading to Maryland .     
Alight at Abule Onigbagbo Bus Stop, Walk across the road towards a white highrise building.

Walk further down into the street beside the building to the second black gate on your left towards the security.     

PS: please make sure you have enough money at hand like 30-40k or in your ATM in case unexpected expenses come up.

This goes for everybody esp. if you intend submitting at Ikeja (I don't know if it applies to other centres). Some came only to be told the date they selected for submission were VIP dates (they call it Walk-in) and thus had to pay #30,000 per person, else no entry.

Just be prepared moneywise.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:35pm On May 05, 2017
OyelSheik:
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to pay for my UK Visa application since yesterday with my GTB DOLLAR CARD. Yet its always been unsuccessful.

Can anyone help with advice as to an alternative way to make payment.

Thanks

You can try this:

ifyalways:

Google Paga and follow the registration steps. Should be easy. Dunno if Paga works sef but you can easily pay with your usd card, or get someone with dom account and card to help you.
Source: https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/201#53548163
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On May 05, 2017
rinw:
Thanks Justwise. But please how can I manage the situation now.

Explain what you were doing in the UK during that period
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:03am On May 06, 2017
Good morning to all the gurus here who have been keeping this thread alive with their useful advise and info. Please I have an urgent question to ask;

1)If someone sends me money(200k) as a birthday gift 2months before my application, would this be termed as money lodgement? The money was sent to me in march on my birthday and there was a description when the money was sent, Although I have spent the money already but I just want to know if this would affect my application. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2017
Ollycka:
Good morning to all the gurus here who have been keeping this thread alive with their useful advise and info. Please I have an urgent question to ask;

1)If someone sends me money(200k) as a birthday gift 2months before my application, would this be termed as money lodgement? The money was sent to me in march on my birthday and there was a description when the money was sent, Although I have spent the money already but I just want to know if this would affect my application. Thanks.

Any money paid into your salary account that is not your salary need to be explained.

Give brief explanation about the source
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:05pm On May 06, 2017
Ollycka:

Not really, if the fund have been depleted from your account and it's not contributing to your acccount balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 3:54pm On May 06, 2017
nikiihardehx:
did you declare it when you wanted to renew, that you stayed x yz weeks instead of intended abc weeks, with reason
Pls poster @travelpoint dont try it, declare it to be on safe side, 429dolls is much to be wasted. Just give good and genuine reason. Do not gamble, dont spoil your record biko, speakinv from experience
Yes, I did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 06, 2017
justwise:

Any money paid into your salary account that is not your salary need to be explained.

It was paid into my personal account, my Salary account is different from my personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 06, 2017
ekpotek:

Not really, if the fund have been depleted from your account and it's not contributing to your acccount balance.

Okay thanks, I feel better now, Thanks a lot ekpotek.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 06, 2017
justwise:

Please from How much is termed as money lodgement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 06, 2017
ekpotek:

Please from how much is termed as money lodgement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2017
Ollycka:

It was paid into my personal account, my Salary account is different from my personal account.

Are you submitting that account as part of your visa application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.