Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530361 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
Update with timelines for my Mum's application.
July 13th -Application submitted/biometrics/transferred to UKVI
July 14th-Application received by UKVI
July 23rd _Application being prepared for consideration
Aug 7 - Application assessed and decision made
Aug 8- Application ready for collection
Aug 8 - Another message to say application sent by courier with DHL tracking and this is where the joke begins. DHL says on tracking that application would be delivered on Monday the 14th, and tracking shows that the passport had left Abuja and wasin PH but my Mum decided to just go to the DHL office since she was less busy and then she was told, the passport arrived on the 9th and they could not find anyone when they came to her address.big fat lie and so they had sent the passport back. Can you believe this clowns? I called to show them the DHL tracking and kinda forgot this is Nigeria. You don't get anything done by asking to speak with the boss lol. Anyway long story short,my Mum had to go down to Enugu to intercept the passport on its way back to PH then Abuja. Thankfully 5 years visa granted.

Thanks Justwise and Ekpotek and any other person who answered my questions when I asked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Riribliss: 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Oluebbie:
A quick update
My parents passports are now ready for collection. They submitted since 19th of June. The application was for them to be present at my graduation (which has passed now).
I pray they are granted the visa, fingers crossed

My parents submitted June 22nd and a decision is yet to be made still. The wait is really long.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Na wah. Does it mean that nobody gets visa within 3-5 days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fpeter(f): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Brightingsus:

Hey fPeter, I think I remember you from your PMs. If your circumstances have not changed there are some markers to look out for.

Thanks for your prompt response. Currently my husband shares and apartment and the rental deed is in his flat mate's name. So I thought it would be better for him to get another accommodation so the agreement would be in his name. As for the bank statements and the address on it, I never thought that would be an issue. I will let him know now before we proceed. Honestly UK visa process is more tedious than USA visa application. Wahala too much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
fpeter:

Thanks for your prompt response. Currently my husband shares and apartment and the rental deed is in his flat mate's name. So I thought it would be better for him to get another accommodation so the agreement would be in his name. As for the bank statements and the address on it, I never thought that would be an issue. I will let him know now before we proceed. Honestly UK visa process is more tedious than USA visa application. Wahala too much.

Bank statements bear your home address. I believe he has bank statements which must bear some address. Which part do you foresee an issue in I don't get.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by leeleeane7: 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello house
Please I'll like to get answers as regards my visa application
I and my friend applied 3days ago but we are yet to go for our appointment.
I'll like to know what type of documents to include.
I just got employed in April this year, my friend is /has been a civil servant for 1 year.
We are both using the same invite letter because my friends cousin is the one inviting us.
Will our appointment letters and leave letters suffice?
And will an account balance of 700k suffice seeing that my friends cousin is the one hosting us both?
I need urgent answers and contributions
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by leeleeane7: 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
Hello house
I just got employed in April this year, my friend is /has been a civil servant for 1 year.
We are both using the same invite letter because my friends cousin is the one inviting us.
Will our appointment letters and leave letters suffice as evidence to show that we just want to visit the UK for a few days?
Or is there any other document we'll be needing?
And will an account balance of 700k as shown in our statement of account suffice seeing that my friends cousin is the one hosting us both?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 12, 2017
Hosted by somebody you should be OK With that amount so long That your cousin give you all documents needed like his passport utility bills pays lip and he has enough money to cater for your visit. Bear in mind that your money is too small if he did not indicate he is fully sponsoring your travel expenses buying of ticket inclusive [qauote author=leeleeane7 post=59388052]Hello house
Will our appointment letters and leave letters suffice as evidence to show that we just want to visit the UK for a few days?
And will an account balance of 700k as shown in our statement of account suffice seeing that my friends cousin is the one hosting us both?
Thanks [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2017
Good afteroon, please how can I get an appointment with TLS in Abuja if my form cannot be submitted online?
It's the predicament I am currently facing.
Thank you.

cc justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2017
leeleeane7:
Hello house
Thanks

You put in an application before knowing what to submit,why the hurry? what of if you can't come up with tge vital documents,will you falsify or cancel out your appointment? Gathering pf documents and all other things should come before scheduling appointment and submission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
Darla:
Good afteroon, please how can I get an appointment with TLS in Abuja if my form cannot be submitted online?
It's the predicament I am currently facing.
Thank you.

cc justwise

Application has to be submitted online then supporting documents submitted at the visa centre.

Why can't you submit online?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
leeleeane7:
Hello house
Will our appointment letters and leave letters suffice?
And will an account balance of 700k suffice seeing that my friends cousin is the one hosting us both?
Thanks

When you look at the timetable for appointments, you have a range of dates. Consider prolonging your appointment date. Do not book yourselves into any appointment until you have secured all relevant documentation in support of your applications.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by leeleeane7: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
Solatium:

You put in an application before knowing what to submit,why the hurry? what of if you can't come up with tge vital documents,will you falsify or cancel out your appointment? Gathering pf documents and all other things should come before scheduling appointment and submission

We have all the documents ready
All I'm asking is if there's any additional doc I need to improve chances
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
justwise:

Application has to be submitted online then supporting documents submitted at the visa centre.

Why can't you submit online?
I am trying to apply as a the dependent of a tier-2 visa holder. But the form I saw can't be completed and submitted online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by muskham(f): 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2017
Am new to this thread, i need everyones help,. My question is how do i get a copy of the form i submitted before when i applied for my visa. The photocopy i kept has been swept off with the flood that occured recently, i cant remember most of what i filled in. This is now needed for renewal. Please what do you advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
muskham:
Am new to this thread, i need everyones help,. My question is how do i get a copy of the form i submitted before when i applied for my visa. The photocopy i kept has been swept off with the flood that occured recently, i cant remember most of what i filled in. This is now needed for renewal. Please what do you advice.

When you applied initially. You would have downloaded the form in PDF before printing, or didn't you? If you did download, then it should be saved in the device you used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
Darla:

I am trying to apply as a the dependent of a tier-2 visa holder. But the form I saw can't be completed and submitted online.

This is the online application link

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

This is the guidance note
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 4:03am On Aug 13, 2017
Brightingsus:

I already did check even before I responded to you, even before your original post. Am just saying the site says 100% of applications were decided within 60 days and not 60 working days for same May. For eg, a week is 7 days but 5 working days. Haba.....

A very valid point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by muskham(f): 7:26am On Aug 13, 2017
Brightingsus:

When you applied initially. You would have downloaded the form in PDF before printing, or didn't you? If you did download, then it should be saved in the device you used.

i only downloaded the plain form then filled in with black pen. (7Years ago). it was the filled one that i took to them. Didnt submit online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2017
Happy Sunday all!!! I need your suggestions on how to address my concerns and worries.
I am applying for UK visit visa and I will like to find out which form am I going to fill because my letter of invitation came from my cousin who happens to be my first cousin.
1. Will I apply for form VAF1B which happens to be for family visitor or form VAF1A for tourist or friend visitor?
2. What is the time frame (time spent in UK) that will be ok and will make VO to suspect anything?
3. Am actually going for Christmas holiday which I stated last year but they denied me though the invitation letter came from a family friend who invited I and my husband but in this case am going alone. Is it also good for my cousin to state the reason for travelling?
4. I have up to 8M from different account, do I have to state and bring evidence for all the account?
5. How much will I state I will spend in UK since I will be staying with my cousin so feeding and accommodation is totally out?
6. I also need a link to these forms.
7. Documents that I needed to submit along side

PLEASE I NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS. ITS VERY URGENT!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BreeKoko(f): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
@Brightingsus :

I already did check even before I responded to
you, even before your original post. Am just
saying the site says 100% of applications were
decided within 60 days and not 60 working days
for same May. For eg, a week is 7 days but 5
working days. Haba....

15 days, is 15working days (3weeks)... 60 days is 60working days(12weeks) ....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hi house,
Tracked wiffy and Lil baby's application on the UKVISA website and it shows that the application has been decided since August 9th but it's nt yet updated on the tls contact site. Submitted since June 22. I am thinking of going to the VAC tmrw to see if the passport are back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
Happy Sunday all!!! I need your suggestions on how to address my concerns and worries.
I am applying for UK visit visa and I will like to find out which form am I going to fill because my letter of invitation came from my cousin who happens to be my first cousin.
1. Will I apply for form VAF1B which happens to be for family visitor or form VAF1A for tourist or friend visitor?
2. What is the time frame (time spent in UK) that will be ok and will make VO to suspect anything?
3. Am actually going for Christmas holiday which I stated last year but they denied me though the invitation letter came from a family friend who invited I and my husband but in this case am going alone. Is it also good for my cousin to state the reason for travelling?
4. I have up to 8M from different account, do I have to state and bring evidence for all the account?
5. How much will I state I will spend in UK since I will be staying with my cousin so feeding and accommodation is totally out?
6. I also need a link to these forms.
7. Documents that I needed to submit along side

PLEASE I NEED YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS. ITS VERY URGENT!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks and God bless

Every single question you asked above has been answered previously, you needed to read up for answers.

1. You need to apply online using this link https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa?utm_source=visa-application-form&utm_medium=internal-link&utm_campaign=svv-apply-visa just follow the instruction to complete the form.

2. That is what you need to decide yourself depending on your circumstances, but spending more than a month in the UK wouldn't make any sense.

3. Nothing wrong with him stating the reason for the invitation

4. Yes you need to submit evidence of that money and source of it, e.g payslips(6months) and salary account for 6months as well, if you are into business then business account, personal account, tax certificate, business registration papers and other evidence of your business activities will be needed.

5. You need to calculate that considering cost of flight etc

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
justwise:

Every single question you asked above has been answered previously, you needed to read up for answers.

1. You need to apply online using this link https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa?utm_source=visa-application-form&utm_medium=internal-link&utm_campaign=svv-apply-visa just follow the instruction to complete the form.

2. That is what you need to decide yourself depending on your circumstances, but spending more than a month in the UK wouldn't make any sense.

3. Nothing wrong with him stating the reason for the invitation

4. Yes you need to submit evidence of that money and source of it, e.g payslips(6months) and salary account for 6months as well, if you are into business then business account, personal account, tax certificate, business registration papers and other evidence of your business activities will be needed.

5. You need to calculate that considering cost of flight etc

Thanks so much @justwise.
Please I will also like to know the visa center that is more preferable, Ikeja or Victoria Island?
Also can you interpret the statement below
The UK Visa Application Centre, Lagos User Pays VAC switch

With effect from the 3rd April, 2017, the UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja will no longer be a User Pay VAC. However, applicants who wish to submit their applications at the Victoria Island Centre will now be subject to the User Pay fee.
THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Congrats!!! Are they first timers?
bimbotek:
Hi house,
Tracked wiffy and Lil baby's application on the UKVISA website and it shows that the application has been decided since August 9th but it's nt yet updated on the tls contact site. Submitted since June 22. I am thinking of going to the VAC tmrw to see if the passport are back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iWasNotHere(m): 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
Wait for tls center mail, congrats in advance
bimbotek:
Hi house,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

Please I will also like to know the visa center that is more preferable, Ikeja or Victoria Island?

With effect from the 3rd April, 2017, the UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja will no longer be a User Pay VAC. However, applicants who wish to submit their applications at the Victoria Island Centre will now be subject to the User Pay fee.
THANKS

To be fair, the outcome of a visa application is independent of which TLS centre the appointment took place. In other words, no centre has an edge over the other.

To answer you directly; in a nutshell, you would need to pay a fee to use the TLC centre in Victoria Island Lagos while the TLC centre in Ikeja is free to use. If you choose VI, the TLS centre fee is to be added to your visa fee.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
You will receive an email either tomorrow or Tuesday, so I suggest waiting for the mail.
bimbotek:
Hi house,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

THANKS

Brightingsus:

To be fair, the outcome of a visa application is independent of which TLS centre the appointment took place. In other words, no centre has an edge over the other.

To answer you directly; in a nutshell, you would need to pay a fee to use the TLC centre in Victoria Island Lagos while the TLC centre in Ikeja is free to use. If you choose VI, the TLS centre fee is to be added to your visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aramanda93: 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

THANKS

Use of the TLS centre in VI attracts an extra £55 charge, bundled into the visa application fee. The only advantage of the VI centre is less queue when you go for biometrics. The centre used doesn't affect outcome, since everything is sent to Sheffield.
I hope this is helpful...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
mokikeoj:
Congrats!!! Are they first timers?

Yea..this is their first UK visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
iWasNotHere:
Wait for tls center mail, congrats in advance

I sincerely hope they get the visa, I had to shift my leave to see the outcome of their application so we can travel together. Missed some fantastic airline ticket offers cos of this delay from ukvi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.