Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530520 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2017
Brightingsus:

You know TLS website is back and running again

thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jelmusboy(m): 12:10am On Aug 20, 2017
Hello House,

I am currently in the UK and am applying for Tier 2 visa from Tier 4 visa. I am filling the Tier 2 application but there is no section to fill in dependant details and my wife is here with me also on Tier 4 dependant.

How can I correct this or do I need to apply for her separately?

Your response will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 10:15am On Aug 20, 2017
Tinybabs:
Hi everyone,

I was banned for 10years in 2006. Now that the ban has ended in 2016, I will like to apply for UK visit visa again with the hope of clearing my profile with UK embassy. Every advise and opinion will be appreciated. Thank you.

You have to state the details for the ban in order to get the appropriate advise and opinion here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dasilva100(f): 10:34am On Aug 20, 2017
Good day all,

Please I have an enquiry. I completed my masters degree in the UK in October 2016 and returned to Nigeria February 2017 before the expiration of my study visa. I got a job in June 2017 and so, I have been in employment for 3months (with only 3months payslips).

I intend going for my graduation in November and don't intend spending more than £1000 since I'll be staying for about 4-5days.

Will like to know if I stand a chance with my application especially with the 3months payslip issue. Also, will it do any good to indicate that I graduated with a distinction and it would be an honour to be physically present to receive my award.

Will appreciate any response please.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dasilva100(f): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2017
Double post
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
Dasilva100:
Good day all,

Please I have an enquiry. I completed my masters degree in the UK in October 2016 and returned to Nigeria February 2017 before the expiration of my study visa. I got a job in June 2017 and so, I have been in employment for 3months (with only 3months payslips).

I intend going for my graduation in November and presently have a closing account balance of about 900k. I don't intend spending more than £1000 since I'll be staying for about 4-5days.

Will like to know if I stand a chance with my application especially with the 3months payslip issue. Also, will it do any good to indicate that I graduated with a distinction and it would be an honour to be physically present to receive my award.

Will appreciate any response please.
Thanks

You stand a good chances because your case is a bit different regarding 3months bank statement.

1. You came back without overstaying your visa and got a job

2. You are not going for a visit but for a graduation(an award ceremony)

3. You graduated with a good result and will be specifically recognized during the graduation ceremony.

So yes you need to mention the fact that you graduated with first class and attach your certificate and graduation IV.

Look for a cheap ticket so as to reduce your overhead cost of the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Dasilva100(f): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
Many thanks @justwise. God bless you.

justwise:

You stand a good chances because your case is a bit different regarding 3months bank statement.

1. You came back without overstaying your visa and got a job

2. You are not going for a visit but for a graduation(an award ceremony)

3. You graduated with a good result and will be specifically recognized during the graduation ceremony.

So yes you need to mention the fact that you graduated with first class and attach your certificate and graduation IV.

Look for a cheap ticket so as to reduce your overhead cost of the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naijarazzi: 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
Great job guys,

Please help review and advise on my chances of getting U.K. Visit visa

I just got US visit visa (B1). So I intend travelling to U.K. To my see my mum (she's got indefinite stay on her passport) for 2 weeks and I travel to US from U.K. I work in a tier 1 commercial bank. With a salary of N359,000. Worked there for 2 years 5 months. I have N1m in my account. My mum is funding the trip.

Please advise. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by danielloso19: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
showstopa:

Application 14th July. Decision 5th August. Hang in there, fingers crossed

hi good day, please i submitted and had interview on 13th of july , i applied for tier 4 student visa and up until now have not received any feedback ,its more than 25 working days and still no respone, i put a call through on thursday and they told me it was still being prepared for condsideration by ukvi, please whats your timeline like? did u submitt at the ikeja vac? did you use priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
Hello guys,

Just a quick question. On the Cancel your visa, immigration or citizenship application section of the UKVI website (https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa), it is stated that You can only get your fee refunded if your application hasn’t been processed yet. Does that mean that you get refunded before you honour the Visa Application or before they make a decision on your application. Kindly help clarify.

Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2017
quille11:
Good day all,

I like to know if the UKVI verifies if a company(not private) one is applying with is registered or not as well as request for its tax clearance and oth
er docs,

We may not conclusively say that they do (I personally do not know), but they would want to know if the company exists. A company being registered, with tax clearance, is a way UKVI can tell the company exists.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kramamosha(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new comer in this forum. I applied for UK tier 5 visa and biometric taken on 2nd of Aug. My planned date of travel is 28 of August. I tried to track the status of my application and it shows that it has been decided since August 16. I'm still waiting for my decision letter and passport. My question is, how long it take to receive my documents and letter of decision after home office decided? And also my proposed date of arrival in UK is very close, will it be bad to reschedule it for about four days forward?.. I will appreciate your help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bansley: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2017
post=59656554:
Great job guys,

Please help review and advise on my chances of getting U.K. Visit visa

I just got US visit visa (B1). So I intend travelling to U.K. To my see my mum (she's got indefinite stay on her passport) for 2 weeks and I travel to US from U.K. I work in a tier 1 commercial bank. With a salary of N359,000. Worked there for 2 years 5 months. I have N1m in my account. My mum is funding the trip.

Please advise. Thanks
You should be good to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Bansley: 10:02am On Aug 21, 2017
jelmusboy:
Hello House,

I am currently in the UK and am applying for Tier 2 visa from Tier 4 visa. I am filling the Tier 2 application but there is no section to fill in dependant details and my wife is here with me also on Tier 4 dependant.

How can I correct this or do I need to apply for her separately?

Your response will be appreciated.
Look closely, there is a section for dependant on the online form. I did Tier 2 from
Tier 4 as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 11:10am On Aug 21, 2017
Hi guys, pls who has the answer to this question. I also interested in it.
ddonsly:
Hello guys,

Just a quick question. On the Cancel your visa, immigration or citizenship application section of the UKVI website (https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa), it is stated that You can only get your fee refunded if your application hasn’t been processed yet. Does that mean that you get refunded before you honour the Visa Application or before they make a decision on your application. Kindly help cla

Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2017
mokikeoj:
Hi guys, pls who has the answer to this question. I also interested in it.

Processing of an application should be at the appointment/biometrics. Processing of an application is not same as consideration of a visa application, which is done by an ECO. The visa fee is not only for the official visa stamp but the work that goes into making a decision on an application. So the ECO won't start the process of verifying your identity and all for you to cancel (before a decision) to get a refund. So the refund should be before you attend an appointment.

If you observe the email TLS sends when you register after online application, you will see confirmation of what am saying...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2017
Thanks for your response
Brightingsus:

Processing of an application should be at the appointment/biometrics. Processing of an application is not same as consideration of a visa application, which is done by an ECO. The visa fee is not only for the official visa stamp but the work that goes into making a decision on an application. So the ECO won't start the process of verifying your identity and all for you to cancel (before a decision) to get a refund. So the refund should be before you attend an appointment.

If you observe the email TLS sends when you register after online application, you will see confirmation of what am saying...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bimbotek: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
Update.....
Finally, picked up my baby's passport today after gettin a mail Friday evening that his passport is back. 6 month visa granted.
Biometrics done with his mum- 22nd June 2017
Mum passport picked - 17th Aug 2017
Baby's passport picked - 21 august 2017. ( 2 good months ooo)
Thank u all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
bimbotek:
Update.....
Finally, picked up my baby's passport today after gettin a mail Friday evening that his passport is back. 6 month visa granted.
Biometrics done with his mum- 22nd June 2017
Mum passport picked - 17th Aug 2017
Baby's passport picked - 21 august 2017. ( 2 good months ooo)
Thank u all.

It's all good bro, carry suya come... Congrats..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Biometrics on 4th July at Ikeja TLScontact
Decided on 14th August(though yet to know the decision)
Am a first timer and I applied standard visitors visit visa.

Today I got this mail from TLScontact.

Dear ..........................................................,

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
McGibson:

Dear ....,..........,..

UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and

the decision will be sent back to either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will

contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will

Please note that TLScontact does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Hmm, wondering how come you got that email; not very many people get it. Did you receive series of emails prior to this one? What's the chain of emails you got hitherto?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
McGibson:

Dear ....,..........,..

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

I got the same mail today and my application decision was made on 14th August too. Lets keep our fingers crossed, we will be contacted within the week for documents collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Brightingsus:

Hmm, wondering how come you got that email; not very many people get it. Did you receive series of emails prior to this one? What's the chain of emails you got hitherto?

After my Biometrics on the 4th of July
I got a mail they just sent out my documents
got another that it has been received by the UKVI
I think another notifying me the documents is been prepared for ECO.
then i got this last one just now. please what do you think about it?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2017
McGibson:

After my Biometrics on the 4th of July
I got a mail they just sent out my documents
got another that it has been received by the UKVI
I think another notifying me the documents is been prepared for ECO.
then i got this last one just now. please what do you think about it?

A collection email would come this week, if not today. I suppose you didn't get the email saying they wouldn't meet the 15 days deadline
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2017
Brightingsus:

A collection email would come this week, if not today. I suppose you didn't get the email saying they wouldn't meet the 15 days deadline

ok . I didn't get the mail. In fact my family from UK mail them for faster processing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kramamosha(m): 1:55pm On Aug 21, 2017
McGibson:

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

I got the same email today.. Biometric taken on 2nd of August and decided on 16 of August. Finger crossed and all will come through!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=McGibson post=59685238]Biometrics on 4th July at Ikeja TLScontact

decision-making process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Great... Did u get a mail of delay in making decision last week Friday? How did you know it was decided on 14th August?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2017
Kramamosha:

I got the same email today.. Biometric taken on 2nd of August and decided on 16 of August. Finger crossed and all will come through!

Whoa Whoa Whoa.... now, u must have applied on priority or not a first time applicant....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kramamosha(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
Brightingsus:

Whoa Whoa Whoa.... now, u must have applied on priority or not a first time applicant....

I am first time applicant. I submitted my application at TLScontact Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. I think processing time differs between Tanzania and Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
Kramamosha:

I am first time applicant. I submitted my application at TLScontact Dar Es Salaam Tanzania. I think processing time differs between Tanzania and Nigeria

Oh, I think more applications come from Nigeria than the 'Tanzania', so they may not be facing loads of applications compared to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.