Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1538074 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thoughts please?!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Smithade: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
When did you do your biometrics and what centre?
Cos I got same email last week Monday, biometric was done on the 25th of July.
Its just an email that you won't be getting your visa in 15working days as expected.

Its not a big deal really

Kalabariprinces:
Thoughts please?!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

I would say rather sad, but what does the refusal letter say?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hi mokikeoj,

Well I had to call the UKVI back yesterday since the last number I was told to call only handles UK Citizens and dependants. It was a guy that picked up this time and he saw reason with me. He was honest enough to admit that the previous agent hadn't even logged or submitted my cancellation request hence my application status remaining at 'Awaiting Decision'. He went on to send me an email with instructions on the cancellation which I actually replied with another request for cancellation.

So today, I don carry myself go the TLS office to submit another cancellation request. I was told it would take about 2 days. So by Monday or Tuesday, I hope to have my passport back. It was interesting to know that I wasn't the only one fed up with these guys as others were there to withdraw their application as well.

Also this afternoon, the UKVI have sent me another email acknowledging my reply which basically says that my case has been escalated to the concerned authority. Not sure whether it means much sha..

So that's it sha

mokikeoj:
Hi ddonsly, what other steps are you trying to make/making. Currently in a similar situation. I have sent an application to withdraw and need my passport ASAP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
Kalabariprinces:
Thoughts please?!
Did my biometrics on the 24th of July at Ikeja too. Got application not straightforward email on the 16th working day. Today is the 24th working day and im still waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks. I sent a May yesterday and also placed a call across to them. So from what you Said I still have to go to TLS office to submit the application for withdrawal? If so, what is the format for the letter?[q1uote author=ddonsly post=59787474]Hi mokikeoj,

Well I had to call the UKVI back yesterday since the last number I was told to call only handles UK Citizens and dependants. It was a guy that picked up this time and he saw reason with me. He was honest enough to admit that the previous agent hadn't even logged or submitted my cancellation request hence my application status remaining at 'Awaiting Decision'. He went on to send me an email with instructions on the cancellation which I actually replied with another request for cancellation.

So today, I don carry myself go the TLS office to submit another cancellation request. I was told it would take about 2 days. So by Monday or Tuesday, I hope to have my passport back. It was interesting to know that I wasn't the only one fed up with these guys as others were there to withdraw their application as well.

Also this afternoon, the UKVI have sent me another email acknowledging my reply which basically says that my case has been escalated to the concerned authority. Not sure whether it means much sha..

So that's it sha

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chilez(f): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
Be calm some of us wey apply since June 6th never see any passport.
luvhenry:
Pls what number can i call to confirm what is going on since July 10 till date still waiting for passport.nawA!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
They'll just give you a form-like letter to fill out. You just have to fill in the details requested on the form and submit back to them. They will give you back a copy and that'll be all.

mokikeoj:
Thanks. I sent a May yesterday and also placed a call across to them. So from what you Said I still have to go to TLS office to submit the application for withdrawal? If so, what is the format for the letter?

ddonsly:
Hi mokikeoj,

So that's it sha

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello house,
Pls UKVI sent me a mail today after i sent an enquiry to through email asking some questions like reason for escalation, full name, Passport number, date of biometrics etc. Will they send me another mail confirming escalation or this is all they send?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2017
Yea, they will reply letting you know that they have escalated your case. Have you replied them yet?

toscott:
Hello house,
Pls UKVI sent me a mail today after i sent an enquiry to through email asking some questions like reason for escalation, full name, Passport number, date of biometrics etc. Will they send me another mail confirming escalation or this is all they send?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
fakmurphy:
Thanks everyone for contributing to this great institution because for me nairaland is more than a forum. Today i got back my 2 kids passports with their visa while waiting for my wife's own.
Biometrics was done 2.8.17 at ikeja got Sheffield email on 15th decided on 20th on ukvi. tls update on 21 and 22 no mail regarding the wife's own but decided same day.

Congrats, Yours is pretty fast as well. Did you get a letter of IV or you did an hotel booking? Still waiting for my son and mums passports almost 2 months after. Trying to understand the cause of delay as my son is not a first time applicant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TatPat: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
McGibson:
Justwise brightingsus Ekpotek tatpat

I was denied visa. the reason is this

This is quite sad! Just try to package your next application to ireland properly before applying because some countries share the information on their database to other countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fnor: 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello house... Please quick question. My family was given 6 months visa in 2014 which we used to travel for 14 days. Now we want to visit the UK again, I want to know if I would have a problem cos back then I was unemployed. But now I have a farm (plantain) that I started in January however it is yet to produce so no income yet... I also visited the FIRS today and they said they is no tax on agricultural products... I have the corporate affairs document and the TIN number... So how do I declare income from it or should I just explain that the stuff is yet to produce? Or should I just put un employed since it's my husband sponsoring? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
toscott:

Did my biometrics on the 24th of July at Ikeja too. Got application not straightforward email on the 16th working day. Today is the 24th working day and im still waiting.

Our application was made 31st July at Abuja. They didn't say the application is not straightforward so I guess there's just a delay in processing.

Given that this is summer holiday period and it's ending in a few weeks, a lot of people's plans have been messed up! It's really unfair!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
missoredipe:
Dear Ekpotek and Justwise,

Thank you once again for all the three Uk visas I applied for in the past and all the three were successful. Please I need your help for one of my good friends she contacted me that her mum's visa has been denied 3 different times. Her husband is British and she is on spouse visa too. Could you please kindly advise us on what to do. Please find the three refusal letters attached. I would be awaiting your response and other people can contribute too. We are hoping to apply for her Mum by the end of the year and we don't want to make the same mistake again. Thank you all.

If you want the hard truth . This person will not be issued with a UK visa any time soon. Just don't waste your time!. The subsequent applications completely murdered all her chances. How do yo think you can rectify this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 7:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
I greet the house oo! My people am yet to get a response from my previous questions o.
Let me ask a pressing one first -
1. My cousin invited me for a short holiday in UK by December, she identifies me as a cousin and UK give preference to first cousin. My question now is it OK with just the cousin she addresses me in the letter or she must add FIRST cousin.
2. Am applying as a Tourist or family member since am her first cousin.
3. Her house rent receipt was not included in the documents she sent. Do I problem with that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks, I Will go there tomorrow.
ddonsly:
They'll just give you a form-like letter to fill out. You just have to fill in the details requested on the form and submit back to them. They will give you back a copy and that'll be all.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
ddonsly:
Yea, they will reply letting you know that they have escalated your case. Have you replied them yet?

i have replied them. Fingers crossed now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
missoredipe:
Dear Ekpotek and Justwise,

Thank you once again for all the three Uk visas I applied for in the past and all the three were successful. Please I need your help for one of my good friends she contacted me that her mum's visa has been denied 3 different times. Her husband is British and she is on spouse visa too. Could you please kindly advise us on what to do. Please find the three refusal letters attached. I would be awaiting your response and other people can contribute too. We are hoping to apply for her Mum by the end of the year and we don't want to make the same mistake again. Thank you all.

My advise is for the applicant to wait at least six months before reapplying. Since the refusal was based on applicant financial tie to Nigeria, the applicant should work on this. She should organised her petty trading, keep all necessary documents such as receipts of purchases and sellings to show that she actually earning the amount she quoted and bank statement. If this is not possible, then too bad as next application can lead to another refusal and a ban!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

You have not included here your circumstances; the reason for the ban, the reason for the proposed trip to UK and what sort of ties you have to Nigeria.
Apology. I was banned in 2006 because I used a fake document (arranged by an agent) . That happens immediately I left school and desperate to find something doing. I decided to travel abroad for a greener pasture so a friend introduced me to this guy and this circumstance happened, although I was not ban immediately. In 2010, I was working with a finance house and I felt am eligible for a visiting then, so I applied but did not revealed that I had once applied. Thus I was banned, Am married now with two kids and a mid cadre management officer. I must say that I still don't know how to apply online,but I have learnt my lesson. I earnestly wants to take my kids to witness stuffs they have seen in cartoon and winter etc. I really need advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
Brightingsus:

You can start out by tailoring your query to specify questions, communicating your personal circumstances and if your circumstances have changed
thanks. Can you elaborate pls. Am a first timer on this platform, never meant to bother you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graceode: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks to everyone for the description.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
Tinybabs:

Apology. I was banned in 2006 because I used a fake document (arranged by an agent) . That happens immediately I left school and desperate to find something doing. I decided to travel abroad for a greener pasture so a friend introduced me to this guy and this circumstance happened, although I was not ban immediately. In 2010, I was working with a finance house and I felt am eligible for a visiting then, so I applied but did not revealed that I had once applied. Thus I was banned, Am married now with two kids and a mid cadre management officer. I must say that I still don't know how to apply online,but I have learnt my lesson. I earnestly wants to take my kids to witness stuffs they have seen in cartoon and winter etc. I really need advice.

Sir, If you were banned in 2010 (following the narrative above), and for 10 years (following initial post), then your 10years ban is in force till 2020. Best for you to wait till 2021 before contemplating UK visit. You can take your kids to other places with Winter and Cartoon themed parks in the meantime.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lamide123: 12:11am On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=McGibson post=59787324][/quote]
That monthly income alone will work against your application. That is just too small. With
your job it will have been good if you have other income coming in from other source
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by McGibson(m): 12:24am On Aug 25, 2017
Lamide123:

That monthly income alone will work against your application. That is just too small. With
your job it will have been good if you have other income coming in from other source

yea thanks. was thinking my sponsor covers all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 2:28am On Aug 25, 2017
Hotel booking
demashi:

Congrats, Yours is pretty fast as well. Did you get a letter of IV or you did an hotel booking? Still waiting for my son and mums passports almost 2 months after. Trying to understand the cause of delay as my son is not a first time applicant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 4:33am On Aug 25, 2017
bigbus:

Sir, If you were banned in 2010 (following the narrative above), and for 10 years (following initial post), then your 10years ban is in force till 2020. Best for you to wait till 2021 before contemplating UK visit. You can take your kids to other places with Winter and Cartoon themed parks in the meantime.
Nope u got the explanation wrong sir,the ban was just for 10years and it happen on my second application. The ban has ended 2016.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:21am On Aug 25, 2017
Tinybabs:

Nope u got the explanation wrong sir,the ban was just for 10years and it happen on my second application. The ban has ended 2016.

Tinybabs:

I think your ban started in 2010 when you refused to disclose the previous application in 2006. Read the last part of your refusal letter again.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shugachris: 7:30am On Aug 25, 2017
blza:

You kidding me? What have you done about it? The UKVI published response time on visit visa applications is a maximum of 60 working days. If you submitted on 4th April then UKVI must have made a decision on your application by 29th June. Yours is way beyond that.

I'm not sure what actions you have taken, but you need to push this , contact the help line and insist this gets escalated and ask that UKVI contacts you with an update on your application. If you are visiting a family member in the UK, ask them to contact the home office.

UKVI service standard is ridiculous especially towards certain 3rd world countries. I thought changes are made to a process for improved service and not for degraded level of service.

Be mindful. I just hope they haven't misplaced your application .

am damn serious, I even called them they said decision not yet taken even went to VI they told me to call again and am tired of calling and emailing them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:20am On Aug 25, 2017
justwise:

[/b]

I think your ban started in 2010 when you refused to disclose the previous application in 2006. Read the last part of your refusal letter again.

Sometimes the way the refusal letters were worded some of the applicants do not know they have been banned until they make a second attempt,where it will be stated clearly that they have been banned.

Sometimes some of them are given a time frame to come up with a defence.or an appeal to clear the allegations,but won't take it serious and the moment tge appeal window closes the ban come to effect.

I have also seen someone who was banned for 5yrs.

The best way to solve this is to post the first and second refusal letter if he still have them

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by demashi: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2017
justwise:

[/b]

What doc? Passport? Cos I was barred from entry in 2006 due to fake passport issued by immigration. I think it's OK for you to reapply. The ban should have been from 2006.

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.