Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1537951 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
toscott:

But really why is it this hard? Afterall it is said that the passports are at the Embassy here cos they stamp it here. Should it be this difficult?

No that not true. All first time applicant passports are flown to the UK? Only certain applicants like frequent travellers and returning applicants that their passport remains in Nigeria. Regardless of the above, your travel history to grade 'A' countires will determine if your application will be processed immediately or queued for weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
ekpotek:

Each application is decided on its own merit. The most important factor is the ability of the applicant to show enough commitment to return weather sponsored or not. If the ECO can not be assured that your financial (sources of income) or social ties (marriage, children) is sufficient to make you return is automatic refusal. The OP had a soonsor, whereas his finances even under employment was weak, even in a stable employment. The OP must show that he/she can still be able undertake a high profile vacation in the UK using his own fund. Being sponsored is relative as there is no 100% guarantee that the sponsor must fulfill this commitment. Assuming the OP was issued a visa and something happen that the sponsor can no longer meet the commitment, will the OP decline to visit? No the OP will source of fund to make the trip anyhow. For elderly, even without employment, the ECO will normal view the relevancy of the trip, weather it is mandatory or not.

I agree with you one hundred per cent...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

How did you get to know visas are stamped in the applicant's country of application; at the embassy? I didn't know this...

So you are of the believe the British high commission will move millions of passports from different nations to only put visa sticker and send tge same back? of what use is their high commission in all those places? Home office even have a bigger problem to contend with than be moving passport around.....All visa stickers and stamps are put on passport here in LAGOS or ABUJA,though the decisions might br made in Sheffield or elsewhere.that is why they now use central e-applications

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
ekpotek:

No that not true. All first time applicant passports are flown to the UK? Only certain applicants like frequent travellers and returning applicants that their passport remains in Nigeria. Regardless of the above, your travel history to grade 'A' countires will determine if your application will be processed immediately or queued for weeks

Your passports never leave the shores of this country.no one will move thousands of passports from different nations down to Sheffield or London because they want to put stickers on it.....The decisions are made via central e-systems and the visa printed at their respective embassies and high commission and stick on passport

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
Solatium:

Your passports never leave the shores of this country.no one will move thousands of passports from different nations down to Sheffield or London because they want to put stickers on it.....The decisions are made via central e-systems and the visa printed at their respective embassies and high commission and stick on passport

Inasmuch as what you say hints on logic, do you have any proof?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

Inasmuch as what you say hints on logic, do you have any proof?

I know people that applied first time this year and got their passport in July with 6 month visa. The seal on the visa states BHC Lagos. And issuing authority is not shefo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
thank you all for ur helpful responses,I requested for my tax clearance from my admin/finance manager in my office and he said we pay all our workers tax with just one card ,which is in the company's name ,so I went to the tax office closer to me myself and they said I'll have to pay 5k per annum if am paying for two yes,with another 20k which makes is 30k,I don't have a problem with this,but I don't think this will show where I work,its just a personal tax stuff not in accordance to my payslip, can I use this?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

Your salary coming late does not matter at all; some people are paid beginning of a month (for the previous month), middle or end; as long as it is reflected in your payslip and bank statement.

As for the £300,000 non salary transfer, personally I would say avoid it. If it is money owed you, you could provide the sender an alternative account to pay into, collect it cash or defer the payment until after your visa application. Ordinarily as your monthly income is more than the £300k one off payment, it might not matter much but you would have to explain the source of it. Now, this is the trick; it is down to the ECO to see sense in your explanation or not. Instead of going through that huddle why not just avoid it...
Actually I made the transfer with the same account I'll be using for my application and I tagged it "borrowed". Now the person will pay back soon.
(Its 300k in naira not £)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yispa: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:

Actually I made the transfer with the same account I'll be using for my application and I tagged it "borrowed". Now the person will pay back soon.

If the money has not been paid back to u, u can give the person a different account to pay to, but if it has been paid into the account you intend to present your explain it in the section for additional info. Since you transfered it from your account to the said person, just it " 300k was paid into my xxbank account on the 1st of August, 2017 by a friend who I borrowed the same amount on the 3rd of June, 2017 as shown in my bank account statement"
I had a similar issue in 2 of my applications and none was refused.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2017
Solatium:

I am sorry dude. Things has changed. That is why UK visa is the most expensive in the world! However, if you have proof that applicants passports are sitting at the various incountry embassy for a visa sticker please provide such.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:
thank you all for ur helpful responses,I requested for my tax clearance from my admin/finance manager in my office and he said we pay all our workers tax with just one card ,which is in the company's name ,so I went to the tax office closer to me myself and they said I'll have to pay 5k per annum if am paying for two yes,with another 20k which makes is 30k,I don't have a problem with this,but I don't think this will show where I work,its just a personal tax stuff not in accordance to my payslip, can I use this?
You dont need tax clearance for visa if you are paye it will show on your pay slip how much tax was deducted if you go and pay personal income tax that is automatic refusal dont mention anything tax clearance cos they would have seen it in your pay slip

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
tmoneyluvsu:

Sorry my bad, I forgot to use naira sign.. lol

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tmoneyluvsu: 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
lekibraky:

You dont need tax clearance for visa if you are paye it will show on your pay slip how much tax was deducted if you go and pay personal income tax that is automatic refusal dont mention anything tax clearance cos they would have seen it in your pay slip
Thanks,I guess you're saying my payslip is enough to show that I pay tax and I don't need any other documentation from the tax office or my office where I work to prove that I pay tax?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
lekibraky:

So far your tax deduction is visible on your payslip, you are good to go. The payslip is a documentation to show that you are in a viable employment and that what you claimed to earn as reflected in your payslip can be seen in your bank statement too. It is the way ECO double check on proof of employment and earning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=tmoneyluvsu post=59848986]
Thanks,I guess you're saying my payslip is enough to show that I pay tax and I don't need any other documentation from the tax office or my office where I work to prove that I pay tax?[/quote
Yes yo don't need any tax document you are under pay as you earn and its already showing in tour pay slip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kinematicguy: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2017
Please, can you or anyone kindly share the details of the contacts to call or email for escalations or possibly withdrawal of application.

Many thanks.

ddonsly:
Dear Nairalanders,

I'm really at my wit's end with these UKVI people. I applied since June 23rd, and after several calls and escalations, still no decision as at Friday afternoon. So I jejely asked to withdraw (Cancel) my application and have my passport returned to me ASAP as I have an impending trip by mid next week. The lady categorically confirmed that my passport should be back by end of this week (It should be simple now, just close my file and return my passport). So as e don reach dis afternoon and I haven't got an email to confirm that my application has been cancelled or my passport on it's way back, I decided to call them just to double check things. And to my utter amazement, this new person now says that I have to wait for 10 working days. Okay. Then I enquired about the status of my application and they said it is still awaiting decision. I was like, but I CANCELLED my application ALREADY! I just want my passport back.. She then said if I want to complain I need to call another number. I called the number and the person that picked said that they can only talk about UK citizens and dependants and nothing else.

Please has anyone had any such experience as this? Any reason why after 3-4 days of withdrawing/cancelling, my application is still awaiting a decision? And please, what do you advise I do next? I need my passport back ASAP. Not being able to travel to the UK due to this delay has cost me a lot already. I can't afford to miss my next journey.

Kindly advise. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kinematicguy: 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
ddonsly- can you please point me on the stages and processes you used to escalate and withdraw. Especially, the fact that you're now getting your passport within 2 days. I need to get my passport unfailing next week as I have another intending travel urgently.

Note: I did my biometric at TLS since July 10th and Sheffield got it since 19th of July.

Many thanks.

ddonsly:
Hi mokikeoj,

Well I had to call the UKVI back yesterday since the last number I was told to call only handles UK Citizens and dependants. It was a guy that picked up this time and he saw reason with me. He was honest enough to admit that the previous agent hadn't even logged or submitted my cancellation request hence my application status remaining at 'Awaiting Decision'. He went on to send me an email with instructions on the cancellation which I actually replied with another request for cancellation.

So today, I don carry myself go the TLS office to submit another cancellation request. I was told it would take about 2 days. So by Monday or Tuesday, I hope to have my passport back. It was interesting to know that I wasn't the only one fed up with these guys as others were there to withdraw their application as well.

Also this afternoon, the UKVI have sent me another email acknowledging my reply which basically says that my case has been escalated to the concerned authority. Not sure whether it means much sha..

So that's it sha

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2017
Brightingsus:

@Biza, I somewhat agree with you apart from your last sentence. Someone on this forum recently posted the refusal letters for her mother inlaw that had low funds in her account. It was gonna be sponsored by the UK resident. The ECO stated categorically that the applicant, a grandmother even, only submitted bank statement with low funds as the only evidence of her personal/financial circumstances. Borrowing from your logic, why did they even consider her bank statement and her funds

More so, like you rightly said, a younger adult in employment has their job as their primary tie to their home country. If one's livelihood coming from their employment is from low funds, they consider that tie as very shaky. It is not auto refusal though, like u said, but you must be on point on other factors. Once the young adult is employed with relatively low income, the ECO would consider their living and scrutinise the income whether it is enough to ordinarily take care of such a one in a monthly and if it is deemed as insufficient then the ECO may not see the applicant as genuine. As you talked about common sense, what stops one with low income in Nigeria from refusing to come back to the same home country and low funds after their trip abroad, when they could hide and remain in the UK and look for illegal work This is how the ECO reasons. We do not need to reason it out with common sense but to go into the mind of the ECO and beat them to it.

The grand mother shouldn't have submitted any bank statements . Sometimes people just kill their applications by providing irrelevant documentations that could have been avoided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
blza:

The grand mother shouldn't have submitted any bank statements . Sometimes people just kill their applications by providing irrelevant documentations that could have been avoided.

Not true. I agree with you that people can harm their applications, but not providing enough also stabs you.

Did you read the refusal letter? The ECO said the bank statement was the only doc the applicant submitted as her personal circumstances and they found this not enough. If you say she shouldn't have submitted, that would have meant all her documents would have come from UK. What then serves as her ties. The ECO wanted more than bank statements.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
Good evening my people. I just heard of this forum today from a friend. My name is Bode. Please I want to know if it is compulsory to answer all the questions correctly during an interview for a UK visa. This is my story: I went for aTier 5 charity worker visa interview on Wednesday and I was once in the UK for my masters degree. So the interviewer asked me how long did I stayed in the UK when I went to study and I said 15 months, I told him the exact date I arrived the UK and the date I left the UK as it was written on my application form but when I came out of the interview room I discovered that the calculation suppose to be 17 months instead of 15 months. Please can this cause any issue once I told him the exact dates I arrived and departed the UK? Also all questions that I was asked about my employer was answered correctly and about the charity job I am going to do. But I was asked about the charity statement of purpose of my employer which I didn't know and I told the lady I don't know it. Can this also cause any issue please I don't know if anyone has experienced this before and if it is compulsory to answer all questions correctly because out of the 18 questions I was asked only those two answers disturb my mind after the interview. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2017
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa thats the link to escalate withdrawals. I suggest you call the number there ASAP. You should also go to the TLS centre you did your biometrics to fill the withdrawal form. Thats what i did. quote author=kinematicguy post=59853391]ddonsly- can you please point me on the stages and processes you used to escalate and withdraw. Especially, the fact that you're now getting your passport within 2 days. I need to get my passport unfailing next week as I have another intending travel urgently.

Note: I did my biometric at TLS since July 10th and Sheffield got it since 19th of July.

Many thanks.

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blessedgeorgeus(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
buddiemm:
Good evening my people. I just heard of this forum today from a friend. My name is Bode. Please I want to know if it is compulsory to answer all the questions correctly during an interview for a UK visa. This is my story: I went for aTier 5 charity worker visa interview on Wednesday and I was once in the UK for my masters degree. So the interviewer asked me how long did I stayed in the UK when I went to study and I said 15 months, I told him the exact date I arrived the UK and the date I left the UK as it was written on my application form but when I came out of the interview room I discovered that the calculation suppose to be 17 months instead of 15 months. Please can this cause any issue once I told him the exact dates I arrived and departed the UK? Also all questions that I was asked about my employer was answered correctly and about the charity job I am going to do. But I was asked about the charity statement of purpose of my employer which I didn't know and I told the lady I don't know it. Can this also cause any issue please I don't know if anyone has experienced this before and if it is compulsory to answer all questions correctly because out of the 18 questions I was asked only those two answers disturb my mind after the interview. Thanks.

Bode..... answers at interview are very important ....the first questions (15 months and 17 months) may not have much on reaching a decision to refuse.....and even though the ECO refuse you on this..... you can always win this at AR and the decision to refuse will be Overturned by ECM.....but however, the second question on "The Charity Statement of Purpose of your Sponsor" Your ought to know this ... because Tier 5 is basically Charity (voluntary work)...... anyway .... you will need to pray for favour..... You can also logically address it during AR if it turns out the other way ...... but there is nothing God can not do .... just believe that all things will work together for your good
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blessedgeorgeus(m): 11:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
irenmwinfo:
actually am so naive about this but it's an invitation. So tell me the types of visa you are talking about. Thanks and waiting for your response

Invitation by who ? you need to give detail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezriela: 12:01am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello All,

I am silent reader here. You all are doing a great job.

We will like to spend our Christmas in the UK. What documents do we need? Basically for my husband.

I went last year with my kid,through this forum i got most info and we were granted without my husband.

I work with a salary of 250-300k monthly but my husband does his personal business.

His company is not registered yet but he has a good inflow and outflow in his personal saving account,he does not have a company account yet. I hope this does not matter as I have been reading abt CAC and tax clearance certificate for private owner business.
Please assist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 27, 2017
Good morning everyone. I was denied a visiting visa to the UK twice around Nov/ Dec. 2012. ..prepared by an agent..on my refusal letter,I was told they aren't sure I'd come back(I bliv they R very correct as at the tym).
Thereafter, I had visited Greece and Norway. I wish to visit the UK but kinda scared to cos I recall the agent said (info provided to the embassy) I am attending a university (student)and wishes to visit and that a brother of mine will be sponsoring me for the trip..As at the tym I am a graduate of another university and dont even know d name of this so-called sponsor (incase it comes up later). I can't recollect the name he wrote as my parents name sef.
The problem is I lost contacts with him and don't know how to get him now...scared of a BAN should the info I provide be different . My people,what do u think I should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 27, 2017
Good morning everyone. I was denied a visiting visa to the UK twice around Nov/ Dec. 2012. ..prepared by an agent..on my refusal letter,I was told they aren't sure I'd come back(I bliv they R very correct as at the tym).
Thereafter, I had visited Greece and Norway. I wish to visit the UK but kinda scared to cos I recall the agent said (info provided to the embassy) I am attending a university (student)and wishes to visit and that a cousin of mine will be sponsoring me for the trip..As at the tym I am a graduate of another university and dont even know d name of this so-called sponsor (incase it comes up later). I can't recollect the name he wrote as my parents name sef.
The problem is I lost contacts with him and don't know how to get him now...scared of a BAN should the info I provide be different from the one they already have. My people,what do u think I should do?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 27, 2017
Please forget UK forever unless you want to see what they have in stock for you 10 years ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ddonsly: 6:51am On Aug 27, 2017
I think Canada gives you that option where they call for your passport later.

ekpotek:

I stand to be corrected. I have never heard of an embassy allowing applicant to keep their passport until a decision is made. If you're eager to get a decision same day, pay of 24 hours service. Haba
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2017
Thank you for your response blessedgeorgeus. But please how can it be addressed if it turns to AR? The last two questions the lady asked are the following after asking about my sponsor's name, address and what they are doing.

1) How much is your salary going to be? I told her I am not going to be paid because it is a voluntary work.

2) Do you have any family in Nigeria? I told her my wife is here in Nigeria.
When I went to study I was single but got married after my arrival
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezriela: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello All,

I am silent reader here. You all are doing a great job.

We will like to spend our Christmas in the UK. What documents do we need? Basically for my husband.

I went last year with my kid,through this forum i got most info and we were granted without my husband.

I work with a salary of 250-300k monthly but my husband does his personal business.

His company is not registered yet but he has a good inflow and outflow in his personal saving account,he does not have a company account yet. I hope this does not matter as I have been reading abt CAC and tax clearance certificate for private owner business.
Please assist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by irenmwinfo(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2017
blessedgeorgeus:

Invitation by who ? you need to give detail
By my Aunty
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ezriela: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2017
irenmwinfo:
By my Aunty
My husband's best friend, he gave me the 1st time that I went with my baby.

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.