Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531422 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lmay18(f): 8:14am On Aug 31, 2017
ekpotek:

I know that booking an appointment to do biometric is tied to the applicant passport number? Without a current passport showing the number used in the online application, you would not be admitted into the centre. So far you have not done biometric your application is incomplete and will not be processed. So you are free to start another application and forfeit the previous payment.
Thank you Sir.
I will cancel the application and request for refunds then start new application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by showstopa: 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
lmay18:

Thank you Sir.
I will cancel the application and request for refunds then start new application.

Hello,
In my mother's case I mistakenly put the old passport number. So when I made the payment, the bio metric invitation letter had the old passport but the application itself had the correct passport. My mum did not have any problems at TLS. she went in and made her application. I don't know if this helps you. we did not have to re-apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
Is it possible to use Paga to pay for Tier 2 visa (About £787)? What's their exchange rate like. GTB is £1 to #477 and I am looking for something cheaper.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lmay18(f): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
showstopa:

Hello,
In my mother's case I mistakenly put the old passport number. So when I made the payment, the bio metric invitation letter had the old passport but the application itself had the correct passport. My mum did not have any problems at TLS. she went in and made her application. I don't know if this helps you. we did not have to re-apply.
Thank you... but I already canceled the application, new application has been paid for.
I hope I will get refund.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
Afternoon house!!
So we made 2 applications one for my husband (whos married to a U.K. Citizen) -2 years visit.
The second was for his Godmother for a 6months visit visa sponsored by my husband.

Hubby approved. God mother refused. He wants to re apply so please can the house experts provide some input on what we need to supply. Attached is the EPISTLE, I mean the refusal letter.

Documents supplied.
Sponsor financial details, sponsorship letter, pictures, affidavit of relationship,
Note that hubby (sponsor) submitted same financials for his own application

Applicants financial statements, church letter stating she is a worker (which they understood to be employment), wedding invitation for her sons wedding, pictures with his mother, with him, with our children at family functions.

Look forward to your responses

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
please house, kindly examine this application. She applied to attend a meeting in UK, the organizers sent an invitation letter with other correspondences to her email. She submitted only the letter of invitation during her application and this what she got when she picked her passport. She later called the organizers and they denied the fact that they were not contacted by the home office for verification or whatever.

Kindly advise accordingly because she wants to reapply immediately and counter their claim with further correspondence sent by the organizers to prove her innocence so that the automatic refusal will be corrected because she tendered genuine documents, or what do you people think?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
ancestorial:
please house, kindly examine this application. She applied to attend a meeting in UK, the organizers sent an invitation letter with other correspondences to her email. She submitted only the letter of invitation during her application and this what she got when she picked her passport. She later called the organizers and they denied the fact that they were not contacted by the home office for verification or whatever.

Kindly advise accordingly because she wants to reapply immediately and counter their claim with further correspondence sent by the organizers to prove her innocence so that the automatic refusal will be corrected because she tendered genuine documents, or what do you people think?

If she reapplies with the same documents, she risks being banned, not just a refusal. How does the applicant know the letter in question and other documents from the organisers are genuine? In fact it looks like the applicant has a 10 year ban knocking on the door.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwatobilobami(m): 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Good evening everyone am planning to apply for a uk settlement visa because my dad is a uk citizen and am actually really confused about lot of things
(1) He said he is gonna make the whole application himself and am confused cos recently on this thread have read case of people withdrawing their passport so if he is replying how will he get my passport and other needes documents?
(2) as regards the issue of birth certificate am just planning to get a new one hope that doesn't signify denial cos it's surely gonna carry his name but it's a new one.
(3) the available picture we have together was snapped last month
(4)he has been married in the uk 13yrs ago cos I lost my mom when I was young and I have good relationship with my siblings like I have printed pictures we snapped together
(4) the bank account statement I have if I must say if printed a full page may be filled with airtime recharge and whenever he sends me money whenever I get alert his name is not displayed.
I don't know if no 2,3,4 can prove that he is my dad cow when he applied for his uk visa then he told me when he got interviewed he said he has a child in Nigeria.
And lastly
(5) does anyone knows how long the application is gonna take before its been approved.
NB: AM UNDER 18
Thanks
Justwise, ekpotek, Brightingsus and everyone please I need you all to help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=Brightingsus post=60006434
If she reapplies with the same documents, she risks being banned, not just a refusal. How does the applicant know the letter in question and other documents from the organisers are genuine? In fact it looks like the applicant has a 10 year ban knocking on the door.[/quote]

They don ban am for 10 years already, till 2027.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=Brightingsus post=60006434]

If she reapplies with the same documents, she risks being banned, not just a refusal. How does the applicant know the letter in question and other documents from the organisers are genuine? In fact it looks like the applicant has a 10 year ban knocking on the door.

She contacted the organizers of the meeting to confirm her attendance at the meeting before and after she applied. The said documents were sent to her email and this organizers confirmed it.

Can she reapply? Or has she been banned for 10 years and there is nothing to reverse the decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=NaGodwin post=60006701][/quote]

Please how do I know she has been banned? please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
lekibraky:
@toscott please what type of job did you use in applying for your tier 2 visa and are there agents that helps people in getting the job please reply cos I have someone that is interested in tier 2 visa
Hi Lekibraky. Sorry for replying late. I have been offline for a while. Im in the healthcare profession. I think the single most important thing you need to apply for a tier 2 visa is a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from the organisation you are going to work for there. That means you must have applied for the job from here, had an interview and you were successful after which you would sign a job offer or contract for the job. Then the organisation will request for the CoS on your behalf from the Home Office and send it to you. In my proffession, most times you need to go through a recruitment agency as its quite difficult for the hospital to liase with individuals directly though rarely they can.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kalabariprinces: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
@ekpotek @justwise help a sister out please oh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Uglyduckling: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
ancestorial:

Please how do I know she has been banned? please.
She has been banned. It's there on the Letter. Till 2027.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by toscott: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2017
Brightingsus:

Looks like she has been banned already if not they wont specifically mention a date in 2027. Im not sure though but Gurus in the house.......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Naffyfera: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
toscott:

Hi Lekibraky. Sorry for replying late. I have been offline for a while. Im in the healthcare profession. I think the single most important thing you need to apply for a tier 2 visa is a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from the organisation you are going to work for there. That means you must have applied for the job from here, had an interview and you were successful after which you would sign a job offer or contract for the job. Then the organisation will request for the CoS on your behalf from the Home Office and send it to you. In my proffession, most times you need to go through a recruitment agency as its quite difficult for the hospital to liase with individuals directly though rarely they can.
Toscott, please I sent you an email. I want to ask you an important question. Thank you as I await ur response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jordan122(m): 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
Good morning home. I was denied visiting visa application four month ago with blank passport with refused letter saying that money in my account statement is not genuine and have work on it.Can I reapply now what's is my chance of getting the visa after four month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:49am On Sep 01, 2017
oluwatobilobami:
Good evening everyone am planning to apply for a uk settlement visa because my dad is a uk citizen and am actually really confused about lot of things
(1) He said he is gonna make the whole application himself and am confused cos recently on this thread have read case of people withdrawing their passport so if he is replying how will he get my passport and other needes documents?
(2) as regards the issue of birth certificate am just planning to get a new one hope that doesn't signify denial cos it's surely gonna carry his name but it's a new one.
(3) the available picture we have together was snapped last month
(4)he has been married in the uk 13yrs ago cos I lost my mom when I was young and I have good relationship with my siblings like I have printed pictures we snapped together
(4) the bank account statement I have if I must say if printed a full page may be filled with airtime recharge and whenever he sends me money whenever I get alert his name is not displayed.
I don't know if no 2,3,4 can prove that he is my dad cow when he applied for his uk visa then he told me when he got interviewed he said he has a child in Nigeria.
And lastly
(5) does anyone knows how long the application is gonna take before its been approved.
NB: AM UNDER 18
Thanks
Justwise, ekpotek, Brightingsus and everyone please I need you all to help

Arrange with your father and do a DNA test. If its possitive. It will cover other documents that you cannot provide.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:00am On Sep 01, 2017
ancestorial:

Sorry she has already been banned for 10 years. There is nothing she can do. Reapplying is a waste of money. There are many 419er in UK that issues fake conference invitation with fanciful websites and enticing offers to help attendee with visa. One of my professor almost fell into such a trap. They will collect conference fees, accommodation etc. The applicant must have paid for the conference. So the ounce is on applicants to do due diligence on conference organizers not to fall for this trap.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:02am On Sep 01, 2017
jordan122:
Good morning home. I was denied visiting visa application four month ago with blank passport with refused letter saying that money in my account statement is not genuine and have work on it.Can I reapply now what's is my chance of getting the visa after four month

If you think that your bank statement is in order, feel free to go ahead and try again!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:09am On Sep 01, 2017
Kalabariprinces:
Afternoon house!!
So we made 2 applications one for my husband (whos married to a U.K. Citizen) -2 years visit.
The second was for his Godmother for a 6months visit visa sponsored by my husband.

Hubby approved. God mother refused. He wants to re apply so please can the house experts provide some input on what we need to supply. Attached is the EPISTLE, I mean the refusal letter.

I think the ECO must have discovered from document submitted that she does not have any concrete reason to travel! Read the first paragraph of the refusal letter. UKVI will not issues a visa just to go a stay with someone in the UK doing what. If she want to reapply she must provide justiable reason for the visit. Itemize what she intend to do etc. Hanging on your husband who is married to a UK citizen is not enough. Other reasons pointed out are just secondary.

Documents supplied.
Sponsor financial details, sponsorship letter, pictures, affidavit of relationship,

Applicants financial statements, church letter stating she is a worker (which they understood to be employment), wedding invitation for her sons wedding, pictures with his mother, with him, with our children at family functions.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:11am On Sep 01, 2017
Kalabariprinces:
Afternoon house!!

Documents supplied.

I think the ECO must have discovered from document submitted that she does not have any concrete reason to travel! Read the first paragraph of the refusal letter. UKVI will not issues a visa just to go a stay with someone in the UK doing what. If she want to reapply she must provide justiable reason for the visit. Itemize what she intend to do etc. Hanging on your husband who is married to a UK citizen is not enough. Other reasons pointed out are just secondary.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by infolekan(m): 6:48am On Sep 01, 2017
Good morning house. Lovely and educative help here.
I have a valid business visitor visa to the UK to write a professional exam which was granted for that same reason. I wrote the same in June and wasn't successful and I stayed in the UK for about 2 weeks.
I've rebooked another date for 22nd of November but my visa will be expiring on the 18th of November.
What can I do? Is there a possibility of visa extension or do I have to reapply for a new visa again?
Thanks a whole lot in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2017
Reapply for a new visa, same way u applied for the previous one

infolekan:
Good morning house. Lovely and educative help here.
I have a valid business visitor visa to the UK to write a professional exam which was granted for that same reason. I wrote the same in June and wasn't successful and I stayed in the UK for about 2 weeks.
I've rebooked another date for 22nd of November but my visa will be expiring on the 18th of November.
What can I do? Is there a possibility of visa extension or do I have to reapply for a new visa again?
Thanks a whole lot in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwatobilobami(m): 9:38am On Sep 01, 2017
ekpotek:

Arrange with your father and do a DNA test. If its possitive. It will cover other documents that you cannot provide.
Thanks bro but can I have it done in any hospital?
Pleasw do well by clearing my doubt in que 1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kunledavidz: 10:37am On Sep 01, 2017
I want to visit UK in October with my family please did anyone knows any website where I can book a hotel for 13 days visit. I plan to stay at bromley.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:05am On Sep 01, 2017
oluwatobilobami:

Thanks bro but can I have it done in any hospital?
Pleasw do well by clearing my doubt in que 1

What you dad meant was that he will be the sponsor. So all supporting documentd from you and from him will sent by him to home office. You will still to complete the online application form and do biometric in Nigeria.

There are Home Office recognized hospitals in Lagos or Abuja for Parental DNA test. Check on UKIV website or ask around and you will find one and the procedure and cost. Old boy act fast before you turn 18 years oh!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:06am On Sep 01, 2017
Kunledavidz:
I want to visit UK in October with my family please did anyone knows any website where I can book a hotel for 13 days visit. I plan to stay at bromley.

Try Booking.com. Most rooms offers free cancellations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwatobilobami(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2017
ekpotek:

What you dad meant was that he will be the sponsor. So all supporting documentd from you and from him will sent by him to home office. You will still to complete the online application form and do biometric in Nigeria.

There are Home Office recognized hospitals in Lagos or Abuja for Parental DNA test. Check on UKIV website or ask around and you will find one and the procedure and cost. Old boy act fast before you turn 18 years oh!
Thanks a lot for your timely response bro I really appreciate .
And I don't know if the dna test can be done of am here in 9ja and he is in uk?
And also I don't know if you mind briefing me about the required documents from me.
Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
oluwatobilobami:

Thanks a lot for your timely response bro I really appreciate .
And I don't know if the dna test can be done of am here in 9ja and he is in uk?
And also I don't know if you mind briefing me about the required documents from me.
Thanks once again

The DNA test will be both in the UK and Nigeria. https://www.dna-worldwide.com/clinic/lagos/lagos-dna-clinic

You can call the clinic to find out more. Go the UKVI website and read documents for dependent visa. The main issue is establishing that you are indeed the son of your father. So a DNA test is the best bet. For brith certificate go and do a court affidavit as a replacement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Good day House!
Please I have a concern? my questions are 1. My first cousin is inviting me to London, is it OK to refer me as her cousin in her invitation letter without adding first?
Secondly what type of visa am I applying for, should I apply for family visa or tourist visa?
Thirdly she didn't include her house rent receipt to the documents she sent to me, will they (visa officer) count it against me?
Fourthly, I have applied to UK last year November and I was denied. when I applied I presented my GTB account which has up to 3M and FBN Acct and now that I want to re apply I intend to present only my first bank account in which I have 2.1M because I pulled out I.4M from my GTB for a business. Do I present the remaining balance in my GTB which is like 1.6M together with my FBN or should I present only FBN but my fear is that since I have presented GTB in my last Application, I do not know if they can use it against me if I didn't include it to the recent application. PLEASE ADVICE!!!!
Fifthly I intend to travel December and I have not submitted my application, from UK website I learnt the earliest to apply is 3months. should I go ahead with the application or what do you think?
6) Is short visit to a cousin and her children December period a strong reason for tourist or family visa
7) How do I get my itinerary
cool What is the better service to use when applying for UK visa? Is it AccessUK Service or Visa4UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 2:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
Please house any other means to follow through on app of 60 working days submitted 8th june and recieved last mail 28th june that "application remains under consideration and unable to decide within there target.I tried calling for escalation but my GTmaster card is always turned down on typing long card digit.I also sent a mail doubt if they respond to such without charges.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.