Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1528583 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
lightdream:
Please house any other means to follow through on app of 60 working days submitted 8th june and recieved last mail 28th june that "application remains under consideration and unable to decide within there target.I tried calling for escalation but my GTmaster card is always turned down on typing long card digit.I also sent a mail doubt if they respond to such without charges.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tbosss: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello guys please i need help!
my aunty invited me 4years ago but i was denied due to little money in the bank account she sent to me which i sensed was intentional cos it was highlighted as overdrawn. Now i want to reapply for tourism on my own without her input, as i will be my own sponsor.
since they already know i have someone there:
1. is it ok for me to book a hotel despite i have my aunty there?
2. won't they expect me to get invitation from who i know?
3. is flight reservation needed for application?

i would really appreciate your response.
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
Tbosss:
Hello guys please i need help!
my aunty invited me 4years ago but i was denied due to little money in the bank account she sent to me which i sensed was intentional cos it was highlighted as overdrawn. Now i want to reapply for tourism on my own without her input, as i will be my own sponsor.
since they already know i have someone there:
1. is it ok for me to book a hotel despite i have my aunty there?
2. won't they expect me to get invitation from who i know?
3. is flight reservation needed for application?

i would really appreciate your response.
thanks

1. It is okay to book a hotel, no harm in that. A lot of sites, e.g. www.booking.com, offer hotel options with free cancellations. You don't have to stay with family in the UK. Sometimes their place might not be conducive.
2. You don't necessarily need an invitation. You only need one if your Uk family were to host you. Remember when asked if you have family in the Uk, you need to mention your aunt as you mentioned her previously. There needs to be consistency in your records. You can throw more light why you would prefer to take care of yourself instead as against being hosted.
3. Flight reservation is not needed, only hotel reservation...

Since you want to apply as a full tourist, you would need to include an extensive list of documents including places of interests and all...

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BossNation(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2017
Pls ekpotek
Actually done with completing my online application I don't know if you mind helping me go through it as this is my first time applying and also I don't know if I can get the chance to contact you.
Please bro I know it's not done but please there are questions am still shy to ask in this thread tho the forum ia faceless

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=bakeuhappy post=60033050][/quote]
Thank you.all my debit master card not going through Gtb, UBA.Ecobank.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 11:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
lightdream:

Thank you.all my debit master card not going through Gtb, UBA.Ecobank.

Get a Dollar Debit Card. And speak to your bank to authorize the transactions you want to use the card(s) for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kayzuz: 12:04am On Sep 02, 2017
Hi all;
After I called ukvi , I saw their mail now. What does this mean tho

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:32am On Sep 02, 2017
kayzuz:
Hi all;

It means your application for a visa has been decided. If it is approved then a visa would have been stamped on your passport. You do not know the outcome yet, so you can only be hopeful.

You should expect a decision mail from TLS in a few days and a collection email to follow...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 7:02am On Sep 02, 2017
@ lightdream R u sure u r doing the right thing? Go back to d page angry under card types select debit card.. after that it will take you to another page. One d 2nd page leave the valid from blank n input the expiry date.make sure the name on the card is the same as the name you r typing into the box.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
Good day House!
Please I have a concern? my questions are 1. My first cousin is inviting me to London, is it OK to refer me as her cousin in her invitation letter without adding first?
Secondly what type of visa am I applying for, should I apply for family visa or tourist visa?
Thirdly she didn't include her house rent receipt to the documents she sent to me, will they (visa officer) count it against me?
Fourthly, I have applied to UK last year November and I was denied. when I applied I presented my GTB account which has up to 3M and FBN Acct and now that I want to re apply I intend to present only my first bank account in which I have 2.1M because I pulled out I.4M from my GTB for a business. Do I present the remaining balance in my GTB which is like 1.6M together with my FBN or should I present only FBN but my fear is that since I have presented GTB in my last Application, I do not know if they can use it against me if I didn't include it to the recent application. PLEASE ADVICE!!!!
Fifthly I intend to travel December and I have not submitted my application, from UK website I learnt the earliest to apply is 3months. should I go ahead with the application or what do you think?
6) Is short visit to a cousin and her children December period a strong reason for tourist or family visa
7) How do I get my itinerary
cool What is the better service to use when applying for UK visa? Is it AccessUK Service or Visa4UK

MY NOBLE PEOPLE THAT HAS FAILED, ABEG I NEED YOUR RESPONSE AS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO . I HAVE NO TIME ATALL
ABEG MAKE UNA ASSIST ME OOOOOOOO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:54am On Sep 02, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
Good day House!
Please I have a concern? my questions are 1. My first cousin is inviting me to London, is it OK to refer me as her cousin in her invitation letter without adding first?
Secondly what type of visa am I applying for, should I apply for family visa or tourist visa?
Thirdly she didn't include her house rent receipt to the documents she sent to me, will they (visa officer) count it against me?
Fourthly, I have applied to UK last year November and I was denied. when I applied I presented my GTB account which has up to 3M and FBN Acct and now that I want to re apply I intend to present only my first bank account in which I have 2.1M because I pulled out I.4M from my GTB for a business. Do I present the remaining balance in my GTB which is like 1.6M together with my FBN or should I present only FBN but my fear is that since I have presented GTB in my last Application, I do not know if they can use it against me if I didn't include it to the recent application. PLEASE ADVICE!!!!
Fifthly I intend to travel December and I have not submitted my application, from UK website I learnt the earliest to apply is 3months. should I go ahead with the application or what do you think?
6) Is short visit to a cousin and her children December period a strong reason for tourist or family visa
cool What is the better service to use when applying for UK visa? Is it AccessUK Service or Visa4UK

1. I really don't understand this question, if she is your cousin why not state it as it's?

2. Standard visiting visa, it covers other sub-visa types

3. What are those documents she included?

4. Submit all your bank accounts with supporting documents to proof the source of money in them.

5. Still ok to submit this month

6. If you are earning enough to justify spending such amount for a short visit then no problem.

7. Ask your cousin

8. People have dropped the actual link here so many times so please read back abit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
Good day House!

I think I understand your question 1 and your concerns with 'cousin' and 'first cousin'. By first cousin, you mean your direct cousin. From my understanding your cousin referred to you in their invitation letter as their 'cousin' and you think it should have been 'first cousin' given your immediate family relationship. However it does not matter. It's not worth asking your cousin to rewrite the invite. Be smart enough to use the same language as your cousin in your application form and any associated supporting letters.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
justwise:

1. I really don't understand this question, if she is your cousin why not state it as it's?

2. Standard visiting visa, it covers other sub-visa types

3. What are those documents she included?

4. Submit all your bank accounts with supporting documents to proof the source of money in them.

5. Still ok to submit this month

6. If you are earning enough to justify spending such amount for a short visit then no problem.

7. Ask your cousin

8. People have dropped the actual link here so many times so please read back abit.

Thank you @Justwise, you have really been of help. Am new in this field and have a lot of questions to ask, this thread no doubt is helpful but a times delays. now, some of your answers shows my questions were not clear, is there a way I can discuss with you in respect of this application and as well get prompt response. I intend to send the application latest tomorrow.
Am done with the application but have a lot of questions concerning the previous applications and this current one.
Please help me out. Please send me your contact to my email box. I will be be very greatful!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Brightingsus:

I think I understand your question 1 and your concerns with 'cousin' and 'first cousin'. By first cousin, you mean your direct cousin. From my understanding your cousin referred to you in their invitation letter as their 'cousin' and you think it should have been 'first cousin' given your immediate family relationship. However it does not matter. It's not worth asking your cousin to rewrite the invite. Be smart enough to use the same language as your cousin in your application form and any associated supporting letters.

Thanks@Brightingsus, this forum if really helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

Thank you @Justwise, you have really been of help. Am new in this field and have a lot of questions to ask, this thread no doubt is helpful but a times delays. now, some of your answers shows my questions were not clear, is there a way I can discuss with you in respect of this application and as well get prompt response. I intend to send the application latest tomorrow.
Am done with the application but have a lot of questions concerning the previous applications and this current one.
Please help me out. Please send me your contact to my email box. I will be be very grateful!!!!!!!

1.The documents she submitted was her British Citizen Passport, Energy/utility bill, invitation letter.
2.Is it compulsory that your amount in your account in your last should be same or more than what will be in your recent account. because I run 2 account savings and salary account. My savings has been 3M since last year but just withdraw 1.8M out of 3M, is it safe to use that same account. Though my has salary account FBN has build up to 2.1M. Should I use both account or just FBN. My fear for saving account is because of 1.8 I removed from it recently
3. what is itinerary? I asked her she said she doesn't know. Please how do I get it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

1.The documents she submitted was her British Citizen Passport, Energy/utility bill, invitation letter.
2.Is it compulsory that your amount in your account in your last should be same or more than what will be in your recent account. because I run 2 account savings and salary account. My savings has been 3M since last year but just withdraw 1.8M out of 3M, is it safe to use that same account. Though my has salary account FBN has build up to 2.1M. Should I use both account or just FBN. My fear for saving account is because of 1.8 I removed from it recently
3. what is itinerary? I asked her she said she doesn't know. Please how do I get it

1. If she will accommodating you then she needs to add tenancy agreement and bank statement to that list else hotel booking will do.

2. It's not compulsory, you need to draw out budget for the trip so as to know how much it will cost you.

You can use any of the accounts as long as it has enough money for the trip and you can confidently provide document to support the source of money in that account

3. An itinerary is detailed plan for a journey/trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
justwise:

1. If she will accommodating you then she needs to add tenancy agreement and bank statement to that list else hotel booking will do.

2. It's not compulsory, you need to draw out budget for the trip so as to know how much it will cost you.

You can use any of the accounts as long as it has enough money for the trip and you can confidently provide document to support the source of money in that account

Thanks so much
Can I have a sample of itinerary
Please what if she couldn't provide tenancy agreement and statement of acc, will that count against me
Am not asking of how much the trip will cost, I have enough money in both account but my concern is my savings account where I pulled out 1.8M
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
Another concern is that my brother is in UK as at last year I applied but I filled that I dont have a family member in UK because he hasnt gotten his citizenship though he has his legal stay. Now I want to fill yes in the colon or what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
bakeuhappy:
@ lightdream R u sure u r doing the right thing? Go back to d page angry under card types select debit card.. after that it will take you to another page. One d 2nd page leave the valid from blank n input the expiry date.make sure the name on the card is the same as the name you r typing into the box.
Please what I did was input gtcard on call after the operator and nt through.someone mentioned master card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2017
kayzuz:
Hi all;
Pls what DR card Dd u use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2017
lightdream:

Please what I did was input gtcard on call after the operator and nt through.someone mentioned master card.
.ok. Y don't you try sending a mail first before calling.. not trying to discourage you from calling though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

Thanks so much
Can I have a sample of itinerary
Please what if she couldn't provide tenancy agreement and statement of acc, will that count against me
Am not asking of how much the trip will cost, I have enough money in both account but my concern is my savings account where I pulled out 1.8M

There is nothing like itinerary sample, just list things you tend to do while in the UK and a breakdown of the cost of the trip to you.

If she couldn't provide tenancy agreements and bank statement then book for a hotel because if somebody is inviting you to stay with her she should be able to show evidence of an accommodation and her ability to host you while you are there.

Why are you concerned about the savings account?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
Another concern is that my brother is in UK as at last year I applied but I filled that I dont have a family member in UK because he hasnt gotten his citizenship though he has his legal stay. Now I want to fill yes in the colon or what do you think?

You could be refused for that reason alone because that is misrepresentation. I don't know how you are going to get around it but not having his papers then is not an excuse.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
justwise:

Hello house In same spirit of filling of application,I have 2 offices the headquarter in Lagos and branch in Delta. My employment letter carries the headquarter while other documents to present at the embassy carries delta branch office, which company address should I fill in the form.
2. The colon where they asked if I have a national ID card and I said No because I dont have though the temporal one is with me, will they use it against me?
3.What do they mean by how much do I have in my savings? Does savings include salary account where I also have money?
4. Where they asked reasons for travelling I chose the option of other so I wrote on the space provided for that I AM ONLY TRAVELLING TO VISIT A COUSIN FOR JUST 2 WEEKS, NO TOURISM. Is that write up ok?
THANKS FOR QUICK RESPONSE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2017
justwise:

There is nothing like itinerary sample, just list things you tend to do while in the UK and a breakdown of the cost of the trip to you.

If she couldn't provide tenancy agreements and bank statement then book for a hotel because if somebody is inviting you to stay with her she should be able to show evidence of an accommodation and her ability to host you while you are there.

Why are you concerned about the savings account?

@justwise THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR QUICK AND SINCERE RESPONSE!!!!! MAY GOD REWARD YOU FOR THIS MERITORIOUS AND SELFLESS SERVICES. YOU ARE INDEED JUST WISE, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE SAVED SO MANY FROM THE HANDS OF FRAUDSTERS AND 419
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

@justwise THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR QUICK AND SINCERE RESPONSE!!!!! MAY GOD REWARD YOU FOR THIS MERITORIOUS AND SELFLESS SERVICES. YOU ARE INDEED JUST WISE, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE SAVED SO MANY FROM THE HANDS OF FRAUDSTERS AND 419

Hello house In same spirit of filling of application,I have 2 offices the headquarter in Lagos and branch in Delta. My employment letter carries the headquarter while other documents to present at the embassy carries delta branch office, which company address should I fill in the form.
2. The colon where they asked if I have a national ID card and I said No because I dont have though the temporal one is with me, will they use it against me?
3.What do they mean by how much do I have in my savings? Does savings include salary account where I also have money?
4. Where they asked reasons for travelling I chose the option of other so I wrote on the space provided for that I AM ONLY TRAVELLING TO VISIT A COUSIN FOR JUST 2 WEEKS, NO TOURISM. Is that write up ok?
THANKS FOR QUICK RESPONSE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hello I want to ask I have a tranning to attend in the uk for November and I intended applying before September 10th can this application be ready before the training date for November 5th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
castiello:
Hello I want to ask I have a tranning to attend in the uk for November and I intended applying before September 10th can this application be ready before the training date for November 5th

No one can truly answer that question... some applicants get decision under 3 weeks, some do under 6 weeks. Some wait for months. If you can spare some extra bucks, you can pay for priority or super priority...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oloolo: 6:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
Please how does this budget looK on my 2 year visa application
Airplane ..700 Gbp
Accommodation. ..500 Gbp (10 night)
Living expenses. ...350 GBP
Amount available for trip....1600 Gbp
Current salary 440k naira (about 950 gbp per month)
Am going to Edinburgh Scotland for vacation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lightdream: 6:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
bakeuhappy:
.ok. Y don't you try sending a mail first before calling.. not trying to discourage you from calling though
I did send to these email address VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
lightdream:

I did send to these email address VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk
@ lightdream d mail u sent was it after payment was made?(see pix sent in past response)
If yes did u get a reply from them? Because u will get a reply after sending a mail asking u for details like when your passport no,ref no n when biometric was done n where and reason for escalation. You will also be given a ref code.

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.