Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524964 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2017
IrueBriggs86:
Pls help me out I want to join my wife up in the UK who's
A student and also has an indefinite visa...which is the best way to apply

By join, I suppose you mean you want to relocate to live permanently with your wife in the UK. If this is the case, you need to go to spouse visa section to make your enquiries.

Your wife having an indefinite leave allows you to join her. However given your wife's circumstance as a student I doubt if this is the right time. In any case your wife needs to be earning at least £18,600 a year and in full time employment. She must have good accommodation to house you, etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by megababajo: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
justwise:

This is not a problem at all, submit both accounts and give brief explanation the way you did here

Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davr: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
A pleasant evening to everyone of the forum.This is my first time on the forum as well as a new member..and I'm pleased that I can finally be heard after several attempts to post question.
So my issue is about my U.K visa application that was refused a couple weeks ago.
In July I re-applied for a 2 years visa. When I eventually received my passport, included was a refusal letter stating that (1) I had overstayed but I also noticed that the ECO didn't acknowledge the fact I have a sponsor (boyfriend) who has been responsible for all my past travels, accommodation and finances . (2) the letter also stated that I have no "right of appeal" nor "administrative review" thus any "future applications will be based on their individual merits". Or if the circumstances of my application changes.
I would really appreciate if anybody can explain this better to me.
I understand that in this case I will likely have to put in a fresh application at some point in the future, but can someone also advise me when is the appropriate time frame to do so.
I sincerely hope that I have made my points clear enough.
Thanks in advance for your advise/response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
Davr:
A pleasant evening to everyone of the forum.This is my first time on the forum as well as a new member..and I'm pleased that I can finally be heard after several attempts to post question.
So my issue is about my U.K visa application that was refused a couple weeks ago.
In July I re-applied for a 2 years visa. When I eventually received my passport, included was a refusal letter stating that (1) I had overstayed but I also noticed that the ECO didn't acknowledge the fact I have a sponsor (boyfriend) who has been responsible for all my past travels, accommodation and finances . (2) the letter also stated that I have no "right of appeal" nor "administrative review" thus any "future applications will be based on their individual merits". Or if the circumstances of my application changes.
I would really appreciate if anybody can explain this better to me.
I understand that in this case I will likely have to put in a fresh application at some point in the future, but can someone also advise me when is the appropriate time frame to do so.
I sincerely hope that I have made my points clear enough.
Thanks in advance for your advise/response.

Did u ever post the refusal letter here or the details of it at least? I can't remember. Without details of the refusal no one can advise you. Also, your point on your boyfriend being responsible for you does not mean a thing with regards to you overstaying. What validity did the previous visa carry and how much time did you spend in the UK? If you could throw more light on what you meant by your boyfriend sponsoring you, it would be great.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Teeabello: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2017
Hello everyone, I really appreciate everyone on how you encourage each other. l submitted my application since July 14 and l receive a mail that my application has been received by UKVI on 23th of July and am still waiting ooo.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:38pm On Sep 14, 2017
Teeabello:
Hello everyone, I really appreciate everyone on how you encourage each other. l submitted my application since July 14 and l receive a mail that my application has been received by UKVI on 23th of July and am still waiting ooo.

Did you get any email that your application is being prepared for consideration by an ECO?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Yommieyomi: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
please house am aware this forum is not the right place for my question but i still wish somebody could answer my question.
please can i use hotel reservation from www.booking.com to apply for Italy visiting visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AmbivertMe: 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2017
Brightingsus:

Did you get any email that your application is being prepared for consideration by an ECO?
I applied since may 17, after the mail that read 'now recvd by ukvi' and 'application not straightforward' with calls three times for escalation,still no response!!! I don't know what is going on��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
aremso:

Amen and God will surely grant it in Jesus name. Am doing that for my children and not for myself so if i have 10m, i will spend it on my wife giving birth in the US. Am of the future if Jesus Tarries. Train the children in the fear and admonition of the Lord and give them the best education in a good environment bet u my brother, you will have rest at your old age. So am aware of the investment you are talking about and i also have reasons for my actions. Many thanks
U are the Son of his Father,No investment is worth more than securing the future of your kids in a conducive environment as a citizen of a western country,Judging by the economic & political instabilities in Nigeria today.Keep doing your best for your kids,they will be your pride tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
Yommieyomi:
please house am aware this forum is not the right place for my question but i still wish somebody could answer my question.
please can i use hotel reservation from www.booking.com to apply for Italy visiting visa?

Yes you certainly can as the website is very popular and legit. Always look out for rooms that have free cancellation policy; so if your visa is not out by the time anticipated, you can always amend your hotel booking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by IrueBriggs86: 8:39am On Sep 15, 2017
Since my wife has a good accommodation and can provide her tenancy agreement she can not earn up to 18000plus because as a student she can only work 21hrs.whats the best thing to do at the moment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by IrueBriggs86: 8:48am On Sep 15, 2017
[qumy wife ote author=Brightingsus post=60460347]

By join, I suppose you mean you want to relocate to live permanently with your wife in the UK. If this is the case, you need to go to spouse visa section to make your enquiries.

Your wife having an indefinite leave allows you to join her. However given your wife's circumstance as a student I doubt if this is the right time. In any case your wife needs to be earning at least £18,600 a year and in full time employment. She must have good accommodation to house you, etc.[/ote]she has a good accommodation and works too what best for us
Do u think we apply without stating she is a student
Or if we calculate her work plus her student grants do u think that can help support her
What's my own requirements as per my financial status
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:07am On Sep 15, 2017
IrueBriggs86:
Since my wife has a good accommodation and can provide her tenancy agreement she can not earn up to 18000plus because as a student she can only work 21hrs.whats the best thing to do at the moment

I might be wrong. I think the immigration laws allows you to apply for a spouse dependent visa if your wife is in the UK on a study visa. I do not believed she as indefinite stay since you have mentioned her working hour limits. People with indefinite stay are not limited by maximum work hours. You need to clarify her visa category.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

I might be wrong. I think the immigration laws allows you to apply for a spouse dependent visa if your wife is in the UK on a study visa. I do not believed she as indefinite stay since you have mentioned her working hour limits. People with indefinite stay are not limited by maximum work hours. You need to clarify her visa category.

Yes, I think the applicant needs to first clarify what visa category his wife has. With indefinite leave, one can study and do 1 million hours if they so desire...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davr: 9:29am On Sep 15, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Good mornings all . Here are the excepts from the refusal letter : "The decision I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 because
•I understand that family visits are important and I have therefore carefully considered all of the elements of your application, weighing the importance of your proposed visits against the requirements of the immigration Rules.
•I have considered your application in the context of your evidenced personal circumstances and funding by your partner in the UK. You also state that you propose to visit the UK for 2 month. You have further stated that your sponsor will meet the costs of your proposed visit. However:
•I note that you have previously been issued entry clearance to the UK; most recently .....for 2 years. U.K. Immigration revealed you stayed in the UK for a total of 310 days...It has not been explained why you decided to remain for so long in the UK...
•I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds. Your application has therefore been refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a) (c) and (e).
Any future UK applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refuse unless the circumstances of your application change."
I accept under the circumstances given I made a mistake. But I feel the ECO should not have doubted my sponsorship with all the proofs I submitted. I can understand the fact that my overstaying was the only major reason I was denied. But I will just like to know if I'm still permitted to apply next time and how must time should I wait till I do so. I'm under the impression that I should wait at least 6 a month. Please I would appreciate all suggestions and advice. Once again I cent that I committed an offence.

PS: I hope I have posted my contributions in the right mode, as I'm still trying to figure out how to post and reply to comments. It will be appreciated if someone explained the process to me.
Thanks again .
Thanks.
Brightingsus:

Did u ever post the refusal letter here or the details of it at least? I can't remember. Without details of the refusal no one can advise you. Also, your point on your boyfriend being responsible for you does not mean a thing with regards to you overstaying. What validity did the previous visa carry and how much time did you spend in the UK? If you could throw more light on what you meant by your boyfriend sponsoring you, it would be great.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:38am On Sep 15, 2017
Bcomrade05:
Pls ladies and gentlemen am new here.just what to ask that is possible for a citizen of uk to help someone here in Nigeria to apply for visiting visa?and how much must one have in his/her bank statements that they will consider before granting the visa?thank sir

Yes, very possible, as the UK citizen will send some documents to you.
Your bank statement is just one of the evidences of financial ties. The amount will depend on your circumstances eg. Pay, investments, etc. in the last 6 months. Please read back as all the answers to your questions are there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by IrueBriggs86: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2017
[qwhat i mean is this she has an indefinite leave but presently studying not in the Uk wih a student visa i also want u ti please adress the financial as as well as financial requirements thanks very much =ekpotek post=60476967]
I might be wrong. I think the immigration laws allows you to apply for a spouse dependent visa if your wife is in the UK on a study visa. I do not believed she as indefinite stay since you have mentioned her working hour limits. People with indefinite stay are not limited by maximum work hours. You need to clarify her visa category. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2017
Davr:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Good mornings all . Here are the excepts from the refusal letter : "The decision I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 because
•I understand that family visits are important and I have therefore carefully considered all of the elements of your application, weighing the importance of your proposed visits against the requirements of the immigration Rules.
•I have considered your application in the context of your evidenced personal circumstances and funding by your partner in the UK. You also state that you propose to visit the UK for 2 month. You have further stated that your sponsor will meet the costs of your proposed visit. However:
•I note that you have previously been issued entry clearance to the UK; most recently .....for 2 years. U.K. Immigration revealed you stayed in the UK for a total of 310 days...It has not been explained why you decided to remain for so long in the UK...
•I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds. Your application has therefore been refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a) (c) and (e).
Any future UK applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refuse unless the circumstances of your application change."
I accept under the circumstances given I made a mistake. But I feel the ECO should not have doubted my sponsorship with all the proofs I submitted. I can understand the fact that my overstaying was the only major reason I was denied. But I will just like to know if I'm still permitted to apply next time and how must time should I wait till I do so. I'm under the impression that I should wait at least 6 a month. Please I would appreciate all suggestions and advice. Once again I cent that I committed an offence.

PS: I hope I have posted my contributions in the right mode, as I'm still trying to figure out how to post and reply to comments. It will be appreciated if someone explained the process to me.
Thanks again .
Thanks.

My God.... u spent 310 days in the Uk as a visitor. That is the major reason. You broke the immigration rule and they don't smile at that. There's no way your recent application would have been granted, my dear. As a visitor you are not allowed to spend beyond 6 months at a go in the UK on any visit visa. You spent nearly a year. Even if you are a friend to the Prime Minister and have all the funds in England, you are not allowed to overstay. In your next application you must provide a compelling reason at why you overstayed. If not you might attract a ban and you have given the ECO the impression that you are not a genuine visitor.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2017
Good morning guys,
Please how much is UK visa (6 months application) in naira
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2017
seyewest:
Good morning guys,
Please how much is UK visa (6 months application)
Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2017
Davr:

Thanks again .
Thanks.

From your refusal letter, the ECO believes and he is right that you have violated the terms of your 2 years visit visa. Let's divide 310 by 30 days, it will give us 10 months. This means that you spent a total of 10 months on a 24 months visa! Simply put, you spent almost half of your visa duration in the UK! This calls to question what you were doing in the UK apart from visiting your boyfriend as there was no explanation of your activities in the UK. It also goes to show that you might not be doing any financially significant things in Nigeria. Your sponsorship and relationship with you boyfriend which was taking into account in your previous application does not matter here, when a violation of a previous visit visa has been established. Having said this, your future application will be refused, unless you can explained and convince the ECO, by itemizing your activities in the UK with justifications for 310 days you spent on your previous visits. I would advise that you move your relationship to the next level by marriage and apply for a spouse visa. My thoughs.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:15am On Sep 15, 2017
themusketeer:

Thank you so much I will like to know it in naira... I know it's $120
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2017
IrueBriggs86:
[qwhat i mean is this she has an indefinite leave but presently studying not in the Uk wih a student visa i also want u ti please adress the financial as as well as financial requirements thanks very much =ekpotek post=60476967]

Where is she currently studying? If not in the UK, then she must be in the UK to sponsor you, as she will be called for interview apart from the documents she will submit on your behalf to the Home Office. If she does not earn up to £18,600, then she cannot sponsor you, unless there are savings to augment her earnings or on special consideration eg, there are children involved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2017
seyewest:

Thank you so much I will like to know it in naira... I know it's $120

Payment is in dollars. The Naira equivalent is not known as this depends on what your bank will charge plus commission if you are paying with a Naira debit card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:35am On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

Payment is in dollars. The Naira equivalent is not known as this depends on what your bank will charge plus commission if you are paying with a Naira debit card
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2017
Brightingsus:

My God.... u spent 310 days in the Uk as a visitor. That is the major reason. You broke the immigration rule and they don't smile at that. There's no way your recent application would have been granted, my dear. As a visitor you are not allowed to spend beyond 6 months at a go in the UK on any visit visa. You spent nearly a year. Even if you are a friend to the Prime Minister and have all the funds in England, you are not allowed to overstay. In your next application you must provide a compelling reason at why you overstayed. If not you might attract a ban and you have given the ECO the impression that you are not a genuine visitor.

My brother, this one tired me oh! Most visitors have the impression that since there is no exit stamp anymore, that the UKVI cannot determine how long they have stayed/overstayed in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by IrueBriggs86: 11:41am On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

Where is she currently studying? If not in the UK, then she must be in the UK to sponsor you, as she will be called for interview apart from the documents she will submit on your behalf to the Home Office. If she does not earn up to £18,600, then she cannot sponsor you, unless there are savings to augment her earnings or on special consideration eg, there are children involved.
thank you very much for ur answers
1.she study in the UK and presently no kids
2.i will like to also know my part as per my requirements especially my financial status since am relocating
3.my social and other responsibilities.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davr: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

I had considered changing my circumstances but I thought that might show that I'm desperate to re-tee the UK.
As I said previously I acknowledge and accept my mistake. What I seek for is the solution and long should I wait before re-applying?.
Lastly my overstaying would've been due to the fact that my boyfriends Father passed away, and all the family travelled from all over for the funeral. I now recall that I had extended my retune date to attend. I spent 3 months I recollect...also I usually spent most the time with his mum helping her. Lastly before I retuned in June I had already spent 10 months away.

From your refusal letter, the ECO believes and he is right that you have violated the terms of your 2 years visit visa. Let's divide 310 by 30 days, it will give us 10 months. This means that you spent a total of 10 months on a 24 months visa! Simply put, you spent almost half of your visa duration in the UK! This calls to question what you were doing in the UK apart from visiting your boyfriend as there was no explanation of your activities in the UK. It also goes to show that you might not be doing any financially significant things in Nigeria. Your sponsorship and relationship with you boyfriend which was taking into account in your previous application does not matter here, when a violation of a previous visit visa has been established. Having said this, your future application will be refused, unless you can explained and convince the ECO, by itemizing your activities in the UK with justifications for 310 days you spent on your previous visits. I would advise that you move your relationship to the next level by marriage and apply for a spouse visa. My thoughs.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Davr: 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
ekpotek:

PS: I am currently unemployed hence all the sponsor details I had provided in the application which consisted of his work contract, utility bills , bank statements and accommodation. His contact details by which he could be contacted most especially a written letter of invitation by him.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
IrueBriggs86:
thank you very much for ur answers
1.she study in the UK and presently no kids
2.i will like to also know my part as per my requirements especially my financial status since am relocating
3.my social and other responsibilities.

1. Okay, with her Indefinite leave visa, study or not studying, she will need to earn £18,600 or more to sponsor you. Please visit the Nairaland UK spouse thread for other requirements

2. Your financial status is irrelevant. All you need is a TB test certificate, Degree certificate, marriage certificate, payment for the NHS surcharge and other documents to establish the relationship.

3. No irrelevant
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=Davr post=60483559][/quote]

Sorry, your future application for any visit visa will be denied. You can go ahead and reapply explaining the situation regarding your overstay as you have done here, and see whether the ECO will have compassion on you, which I doubt. I have already provided to you on an alternative route to the UK, certainly not with a visitor visa anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
[quote author=Davr post=60483799][/quote]

Your current financial status is more of the reason you will not be granted a visit visa again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.