Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526458 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

So, 1.6 Million Naira cannot afford my trip to the UK when my host will provide me accommodation and feeding? I don't get it.

..1.6M from? Your salary? Business earning? Share?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

..1.6M from? Your salary? Business earning? Share?

From salary.

I earn 120k per month. I have worked with this company for 8 years now.

Travel expenses.
1. Flight tickets (round ticket) Lagos to London = 300k

2. London to Manchester (Round ticket) 50k.

3. My host will accommodate and feed me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:
Justwise...

My friend in UK, who's also a British citizen has sent me:
* Invitation Letter
* Data page of his British Passport

My brother has given me:
* His 6 months bank statement with balance of 2.6 Million Naira.

My employer has given me:
* Letter outlining when I was employed and my monthly salary and the approval to travel.

I have gotten my:
* 6 months bank statement with the balance of 800,000 Naira.
* 6 months payslip
* Wedding certificate
* Traditional marriage and wedding pictures
* Wife and child picture with me.

My monthly salary is 120,000 Naira and I spend like 70,000 Naira every month.

I planned to spend 600,000 Naira for the trip, covering only flight tickets and few expenses.

My friend in the UK will feed and accommodate me. I plan to stay only 4 weeks.

The 600,000 Naira I planned to spend will be given to me by my brother.

Please, check. Is there any other documents I will need to include?

Thank you sir.

Baywood:

From salary.

I earn 120k per month. I have worked with this company for 8 years now.

Travel expenses.
1. Flight tickets (round ticket) Lagos to London = 300k

2. London to Manchester (Round ticket) 50k.

3. My host will accommodate and feed me.

You claimed that your current balance is 800K just few minutes ago and now its 1.6M?

If you have 1.6M in your account then why is your brother sponsoring you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Justwise, please find the attached refusal page as I resnapped it. Thanks for your help.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

You claimed that your current balance is 800K just few minutes ago and now its 1.6M?

If you have 1.6M in your account then why is your brother sponsoring you?

You dont get it. I have project that I handle in the village.

I said I can build my account to 1.6 Million. Is that out of place.

My brother chose to sponsor me because he has the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

You dont get it. I have project that I handle in the village.

I said I can build my account to 1.6 Million. Is that out of place.

My brother chose to sponsor me because he has the money.

Sure i don't
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

Sure i don't

Lol. You make it as if building of one's account is out of place. Or you think that someone that has been in active employment for 8 years cannot save up to 1.6m?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
buddiemm:
Justwise, please find the attached refusal page as I resnapped it. Thanks for your help.

Did you submit a valid CoS from the charity organization you are going to work for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

Sure i don't

I am sure we understand that none of us is a UK immigration ECO. These are just suggestions and what we think. Be polite please and don't give false hope or outright discouragement. UK visiting visa has no definite rule like PBS visas. I have invited many people with an overdraft in my account and written a good descriptive letter, provided my employment details etc. They were granted visa. Some have had 2yrs visa.

But no mago mago documents please. The ECOs are no fools and know that Nigerians are good at trying funny things. Make whatever you present as convincing as possible. No rush.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Shilex1915: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
Please what type of visa I can apply for then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
hohia:

I am sure we understand that none of us is a UK immigration ECO. These are just suggestions and what we think. Be polite please and don't give false hope or outright discouragement. UK visiting visa has no definite rule like PBS visas. I have invited many people with an overdraft in my account and written a good descriptive letter, provided my employment details etc. They were granted visa. Some have had 2yrs visa.

But no mago mago documents please. The ECOs are no fools and know that Nigerians are good at trying funny things. Make whatever you present as convincing as possible. No rush.

Thank you sir. I just tire for the guy. The way he was just saying that I have slim chance tire me.

Here's what I have..

My friend in UK, who's also a British citizen has sent me:
* Invitation Letter
* Data page of his British Passport

My brother has given me:
* His 6 months bank statement with balance of 2.6 Million Naira.

My employer has given me:
* Letter outlining when I was employed and my monthly salary and the approval to travel.

I have gotten my:
* 6 months bank statement with the balance of 800,000 Naira.
* 6 months payslip
* Wedding certificate
* Traditional marriage and wedding pictures
* Wife and child picture with me.

My monthly salary is 120,000 Naira and I spend like 70,000 Naira every month.

I planned to spend 600,000 Naira for the trip, covering only flight tickets and few expenses.

My friend in the UK will feed and accommodate me. I plan to stay only 4 weeks.

The 600,000 Naira I planned to spend will be given to me by my brother.

Please, check. Is there any other documents I will need to include?

Thank you sir.

I have worked with the company for 8 years.

I can build my account to 1.6m, but all expenses will be handled by my brother.

My expenses are:

1. Flight tickets (round trip) from Lagos to London and London to Lagos = 300k
2. Flight tickets (round trip) from London to Manchester and Manchester to London = 50k

My accommodation and feeding will be taken care of by my friend in UK. He's also a British citizen.

I will only visit: Old Trafford, Manchester cathedral, Manchester Town Hall, and I have good home rest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

Did you submit a valid CoS from the charity organization you are going to work for?
Yes Justwise. I submitted a valid CoS. Not yet cancelled or withdrawn by my sponsor or the home office. My sponsor told me they have added a sponsor note now on the CoS to clarify those issues. I don't think the ECO has marked the CoS as used because if it has been marked as used adding a sponsors note won't be possible. It was even stated on my appointment letter that I am going to work on a year contract. Please can you tell me what you mean by a valid CoS because my CoS was valid when I applied. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Uglyduckling: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

Thank you sir. I just tire for the guy. The way he was just saying that I have slim chance tire me.

Here's what I have..

My expenses are:

2. Flight tickets (round trip) from London to Manchester and Manchester to London = 50k

My accommodation and feeding will be taken care of by my friend in UK. He's also a British citizen.

I will only visit: Old Trafford, Manchester cathedral, Manchester Town Hall, and I have good home rest.
Why ask for opinions if you are not ready to listen. With the initial information you presented you had a slim chance. Building your account is a whole different kettle of fish. And if you plan to do it by money lodgement that's an automatic denial.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

Here's what I have..

My expenses are:

I think you misinterpreted the counsel of @Justwise. No one is discouraging you from applying. The point is if you are able to save up to N1.6M, why not sponsor the whole trip? Sometimes relying on a UK resident to part sponsor a visit visa require explaning why they must do this and providing documentation to support the relationship, as there is a potential likelihood over overstaying (free food/accommodation). Believe me, the ECO will be more interested in your monthly salary, monthly expenditures and how you were able to saved 1.6M! Your worries should be convincing the ECO that this money is yours.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Uglyduckling:

Why ask for opinions if you are not ready to listen. With the initial information you presented you had a slim chance. Building your account is a whole different kettle of fish. And if you plan to do it by money lodgement that's an automatic denial.

I know. But, no one should give opinion as if he's an ECO.

It's not money lodgement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
ekpotek:

I think you misinterpreted the counsel of @Justwise. No one is discouraging you from applying. The point is if you are able to save up to N1.6M, why not sponsor the whole trip? Sometimes relying on a UK resident to part sponsor a visit visa require explaning why they must do this and providing documentation to support the relationship, as there is a potential likelihood over overstaying (free food/accommodation). Believe me, the ECO will be more interested in your monthly salary, monthly expenditures and how you were able to saved 1.6M! Your worries should be convincing the ECO that this money is yours.

Thank you.

So, if I have a friend that has invited me to spend my vacation with his family, I should stay in a hotel and feed myself in order to convince the ECO?

My account is ok. I have been in active employment for 8 years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by redmist(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello house, good morning . I am currently a student in USA on a f1 visa, I would be grateful if anyone could assist me on how I could apply for a UK visiting visa and the documents I would need to complete my application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
hohia:

What are you on about?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
ekpotek:

You really have time to explain to people who come here expecting to be told what they want to hear.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

Thank you.

So, if I have a friend that has invited me to spend my vacation with his family, I should stay in a hotel and feed myself in order to convince the ECO?

My account is ok. I have been in active employment for 8 years.

Bro, if you are not gonna accept advice you'd better not bother posting here. No one is an ECO, but remember this forum has been on for a while now and the longest participants have seen people's experiences as posted here. You can get advice which would emanate from what people have actually experienced and shared here. People come here and ask initial incomprehensive questions and when they get constructive advice, they pour out more information. Then it seems the applicant is debilerately being discouraged. You have finally said your account is ok. Fine then. Why did you come here to seek opinion? If you know it all, then hit the 'apply' button already.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Brightingsus:

Bro, if you are not gonna accept advice you'd better not bother posting here. No one is an ECO, but remember this forum has been on for a while now and the longest participants have seen people's experiences as posted here. You can get advice which would emanate from what people have actually experienced and shared here. People come here and ask initial incomprehensive questions and when they get constructive advice, they pour out more information. Then it seems the applicant is debilerately being discouraged. You have finally said your account is ok. Fine then. Why did you come here to seek opinion? If you know it all, then hit the 'apply' button already.

So, if my account is ok, no need for my brother to sponsor me? I see.

And since my account is ok, I should stay in a hotel and not at my friend's house. You try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

So, if my account is ok, no need for my brother to sponsor me? I see.

And since my account is ok, I should stay in a hotel and not at my friend's house. You try.

Are you asking a genuine question or you want to mock us

On the application form, you would be asked automatically in the system why your sponsor is sponsoring you. No one says your brother can not sponsor you. The ECO would definitely question why you need the funds. So the onus is on you to convince them. You can have two people in exactly the same situation as you, one gets a visa and the other doesn't. Can you explain why this is so

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
buddiemm:

Yes Justwise. I submitted a valid CoS. Not yet cancelled or withdrawn by my sponsor or the home office. My sponsor told me they have added a sponsor note now on the CoS to clarify those issues. I don't think the ECO has marked the CoS as used because if it has been marked as used adding a sponsors note won't be possible. It was even stated on my appointment letter that I am going to work on a year contract. Please can you tell me what you mean by a valid CoS because my CoS was valid when I applied. Thanks

The mistake is from your sponsor and you need to forward the refusal letter to them so that they will ratify it.

The CoS they issued you did not explain clearly how your work will benefit them or meet the CoS issuing guideline.

Basically for a CoS to be considered valid it has to meet those standard outlined in the guideline
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Brightingsus:

Are you asking a genuine question or you want to mock us

On the application form, you would be asked automatically in the system why your sponsor is sponsoring you. No one says your brother can not sponsor you. The ECO would definitely question why you need the funds. So the onus is on you to convince them. You can have two people in exactly the same situation as you, one gets a visa and the other doesn't. Can you explain why this is so

I understand. I can't explain. And you can't explain. This is why no one can unilaterally say my chance is slim. Is he an ECO?

Yes, I will explain why my brother is sponsoring me. He's more financially capable than me. He's my brother. He's my elder brother.

They listed possible persons that can sponsor one.

I have read about people that sponsored themselves and they have strong account balance and the money was not lodgement, yet they were denied. Can you explain why?

You are also telling me that if my friend provides accommodation and feeding for me, I will be denied since free things can make me stay. How did you arrive at that conclusion? I should stay in a hotel, abi?

Just give your opinion and make it a dialogue so that we reason together, not writing conclusively as if you work with UK immigration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know whether GTB Naira mastercard is still acceptable for UK visa payment?

I used it last time (last year) I applied but a friend that applied shortly after said he was not able to pay with GTB naira card.

I will appreciate response.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
Baywood:

I understand. I can't explain. And you can't explain. This is why no one can unilaterally say my chance is slim. Is he an ECO?

Yes, I will explain why my brother is sponsoring me. He's more financially capable than me. He's my brother. He's my elder brother.

They listed possible persons that can sponsor one.

I have read about people that sponsored themselves and they have strong account balance and the money was not lodgement, yet they were denied. Can you explain why?

You are also telling me that if my friend provides accommodation and feeding for me, I will be denied since free things can make me stay. How did you arrive at that conclusion? I should stay in a hotel, abi?

Just give your opinion and make it a dialogue so that we reason together, not writing conclusively as if you work with UK immigration.

Am done with u

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

The mistake is from your sponsor and you need to forward the refusal letter to them so that they will ratify it.

The CoS they issued you did not explain clearly how your work will benefit them or meet the CoS issuing guideline.

Basically for a CoS to be considered valid it has to meet those standard outlined in the guideline
Please Justwise is there any other way to explain in the CoS except issuing a CoS? Because when I checked caseworkers guidance I saw that a valid CoS must :
1)Be Issued by an A-rated licensed sponsor

2) Have same details as in applicant passport

3) Not have a start date of 3 months before the date of application.

4) Be issued not more than 3 months before the date of application.

5) Have a reference number that links to the CoS checking system.

6) Not have been withdrawn by the sponsor or the home office.

7) Not have been used for a previous application.

Please how can the mistake be rectified by my sponsor now once I am not allowed to add any other document to the administrative review? When I contacted them I was told they have added a note to explain that on SPONSORS NOTE section of my CoS. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
buddiemm:

Please Justwise is there any other way to explain in the CoS except issuing a CoS? Because when I checked caseworkers guidance I saw that a valid CoS must :
1)Be Issued by an A-rated licensed sponsor

2) Have same details as in applicant passport

3) Not have a start date of 3 months before the date of application.

4) Be issued not more than 3 months before the date of application.

5) Have a reference number that links to the CoS checking system.

6) Not have been withdrawn by the sponsor or the home office.

7) Not have been used for a previous application.

Please how can the mistake be rectified by my sponsor now once I am not allowed to add any other document to the administrative review? When I contacted them I was told they have added a note to explain that on SPONSORS NOTE section of my CoS. Thanks

If that charity has being issuing CoS then they should know how CoS checking system works and should be able to clarify the mistake. There is nothing you as an applicant can do, your sponsor should work on the CoS then reissue it again to you.

Yes for AR you are not allowed to add supporting document, you can only write an explanatory letter arguing against ECO's refusal points.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by moogee(f): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
Good afternoon the wise ones in the house, please I need some clarifications. I want to visit UK to attend an inaugural lecture which is for a day, please I want to know what I will select as the reason for traveling, is it business or I should select others and explain that its for inaugural lecture?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
moogee:
Good afternoon the wise ones in the house, please I need some clarifications. I want to visit UK to attend an inaugural lecture which is for a day, please I want to know what I will select as the reason for traveling, is it business or I should select others and explain that its for inaugural lecture?

Business as attending lectures, conferences, meetings is considered as business visits.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
moogee:

That will be fine but you still have to specify it..e.g inaugural lecture

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

If that charity has being issuing CoS then they should know how CoS checking system works and should be able to clarify the mistake. There is nothing you as an applicant can do, your sponsor should work on the CoS then reissue it again to you.

Yes for AR you are not allowed to add supporting document, you can only write an explanatory letter arguing against ECO's refusal points.
Thank you very much Justwise for your responses. When I scanned the refusal letter to them, I was told they don't need to issue another CoS but to add a SPONSOR NOTE on my CoS so the administrative reviewer can see. My job roles are also listed on the CoS. Please how can I address this issue in the AR form? Can I tell them my sponsor has added a sponsor note?

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.