Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535311 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chaochao10: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
Thanks dear, you have been really helpful.

TeeLighthouse:

Thank you smiley
We submitted the following:

My husband's TB test
My BRP and Passport Data page
Entry and Exit stamps for when I visited Nigeria
Pictures- our visits and wedding pictures (traditional and court). Church wedding is in December
My sisters (3 of them) passport Data pages and entry and exit stamps for when they went to Nigeria for the traditional wedding.
A cover letter mentioning and explaining the documents that was submitted
My last 3 payslips
A letter from my company stating that they'll take care of his maintenance if he needs to up to an amount £2000. The minimum is £630. This was in place of providing bank statement for maintenance.
A letter from my company certifying that I'm employed by them, my salary (especially as it's increased since my application for my tier 2 visa) and that my employment is ongoing.
We wanted to include what's app messages, but we decided against doing that. Even though we had written in the additional information section as one of the supporting documents. We ended up not including it.
A letter from my sister about the living arrangement and utility bill, as well as passport data page.
A letter from myself addressed to UKVI saying I'm inviting him to relocate.

I think that's everything.
And of course, lots of prayers smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 12:07am On Sep 27, 2017
Hi guys....this is from a family friend of mine intending to visit the UK for vacation in Dec

Here are the parameter. He is intends to travel with his wife and one year old son...Though the wife is unemployed.. So he is sponsoring the trip.

Budget for the man

Days to spend in the UK : 8 days

He earns 320k monthly

Here is what he filled as his budget:
1. How much do u spend on living cost: £125

2. How much of your total income is given to your family members and dependents: £65
3. Cost of trip personally to you : £1918
4. Total money you have for this trip: £1950
5. Cost of Airplane,boat, train: £554.. Note (This amount is for the 3 of them)

6. Cost of Accommodation: £366 ...(Note: for hubsand and wife including their son)
7. Cost of living expenses : £400

Budget for the Wife
She is unemployed

This what she filled as her budget:

1. How much do u spend on living cost: £65

2. How much of your total income is given to your family members and dependents: 0

3. Cost of trip personally to you : 0

4. Total money you have for this trip: £695
5. Cost of Airplane,boat, train: £545 Note (This amount is for one person)

6. Cost of Accommodation: N/A.
7. Cost of living expenses : £150
8. How much would be given to you for this trip: £695

For the one year old son....we are confused on what to fill as his budget

Please gurus make ur inputs in areas that are not correct
Cc: Justwise,brightingsus,epotek...and my good people

Thanks while looking forward to your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 5:07am On Sep 27, 2017
justwise:

Sorry my initial reply was wrong.

Judging by what a lot of people have said here GTB Naira mastercard will not work, use dollar account or get somebody in the UK or US to help you make the payment.

I have read far too many posts in this section about this payment issue with GTB Naira mastercard

That is not true ...GTB's Naira Mastercard works now for UK' s visa application. I used it 3 weeks ago for a colleague's UK' s visa application payment.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:17am On Sep 27, 2017
Infiosa:

That is not true ...GTB's Naira Mastercard works now for UK' s visa application. I used it 3 weeks ago for a colleague's UK' s visa application payment.

@Jarus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:17am On Sep 27, 2017
yolemum:
Hi guys....this is from a family friend of mine intending to visit the UK for vacation in Dec

Here are the parameter. He is intends to travel with his wife and one year old son...Though the wife is unemployed.. So he is sponsoring the trip.

Budget for the man

Days to spend in the UK : 8 days

He earns 320k monthly

Here is what he filled as his budget:
1. How much do u spend on living cost: £125

2. How much of your total income is given to your family members and dependents: £65
3. Cost of trip personally to you : £1918
4. Total money you have for this trip: £1950
5. Cost of Airplane,boat, train: £554.. Note (This amount is for the 3 of them)

6. Cost of Accommodation: £366 ...(Note: for hubsand and wife including their son)
7. Cost of living expenses : £400

Budget for the Wife
She is unemployed

This what she filled as her budget:

1. How much do u spend on living cost: £65

2. How much of your total income is given to your family members and dependents: 0

3. Cost of trip personally to you : 0

4. Total money you have for this trip: £695
5. Cost of Airplane,boat, train: £545 Note (This amount is for one person)

6. Cost of Accommodation: N/A.
7. Cost of living expenses : £150
8. How much would be given to you for this trip: £695

For the one year old son....we are confused on what to fill as his budget

Please gurus make ur inputs in areas that are not correct
Cc: Justwise,brightingsus,epotek...and my good people

Thanks while looking forward to your responses.

Has this application happened and awaiting decision or you (or they) are preparing to apply with this rundown? For the man and the wife you used 'he/she filled' like it's done albeit it appears nothing for the kid yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2017
justwise:

@Jarus

Oh great. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2017
Infiosa:

Thanks. Any idea of exchange rate GTB charged?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2017
Jarus:

ask your bank the maximum foreign transfer you can do with your ATM cos it ha limit some anything above 100 dollar in a month it wont go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 9:20am On Sep 27, 2017
lekibraky:
ask your bank the maximum foreign transfer you can do with your ATM cos it ha limit some anything above 100 dollar in a month it wont go

You meant 1000 dollar.

The new challenge is super priority is more than 1000 dollars
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NIFES(f): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:
Good Morning Ma People, I applied for a 6 month tourist visa since 4th july, i got a message in August from sheffield UK that they needed more time to make decision , hoping by September ending I should have gotten my passport back, but to my utmost surprise, I received another email from Sheffield last night that they needed more time to make decision on my application , please what the heck is happening? is it normal to receive this same message twice? find attached the email. cry tongue . Help me beg them to return my passport asap.
I received the same type of email on Monday. Biometrics was since 21st July. I have called for escalation twice now.
We can only hope that they make a positive decision very soon cos I have done all I could to fast tracking the process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2017
justwise et al

Looks like I have run into further trouble.

Like I said earlier here, I'm in a very tight position - just got approval for the UK conference on Monday, started renewing my passport yesterday (expected to be out Friday). Travel is 15th October.

In a bid to make sure everything is ready before my new passport is ready, I started filling the UK visa application form online on Monday (two days ago), so that once my passport is ready, will just complete the application, pay, pick appointment and dash to the submission office.

Since I knew I can edit anytime, I did the following:

- filled placeholder - just random info - for information that will be available by Friday (hotel to be booked by my office in the UK and I will be advised before Friday - so I just put a hotel around the area I am visiting as hotel to stay), and just guessed a random number and put as passport number of my yet-to-be-issued passport, in the hope that I will edit when I have all the info on Friday

- chose priority service based on earlier info I have that priority service will be treated within 5 days.

- I stopped the application at payment in the hope of continuing when I have full info and then pay

I logged in today to start updating, specifically to change to super priority only that (and edit the new passport number and hotel address later), only to see I can't edit again.

To think I edited part of the application yesterday (with info available).

Now, I can't edit anything again today.

What can I do? Some of the info there are just placeholder that I want to change, and I also want to change to super priority, now I can't do that again!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pzone: 10:04am On Sep 27, 2017
Jarus:
justwise et al

Like I said earlier here, I'm in a very tight position - just got approval for the UK conference on Monday, started renewing my passport yesterday (expected to be out Friday). Travel is 15th October.

In a bid to make sure everything is ready before my new passport is ready, I started filling the UK visa application form online on Monday (two days ago), so that once my passport is ready, will just complete the application, pay, pick appointment and dash to the submission office.

- filled placeholder - just random info - for information that will be available by Friday (hotel to be booked by my office in the UK and I will be advised before Friday - so I just put a hotel around the area I am visiting as hotel to stay), and just guessed a random number and put as passport number of my yet-to-be-issued passport, in the hope that I will edit when I have all the info on Friday

- chose priority service based on earlier info I have that priority service will be treated within 5 days.

- I stopped the application at payment in the hope of continuing when I have full info and then pay

I logged in today to start updating, specifically to change to super priority only that (and edit the new passport number and hotel address later), only to see I can't edit again.

What can I do? Some of the info there are just placeholder that I want to change, and I also want to change to super priority, now I can't do that again!

You can abandon that application, their system will automatically delete it after a while. Restart a fresh one and make all necessary adjustments

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 10:36am On Sep 27, 2017
@brightingsus....we jus started filling the application, and that was the rundown we filled, we have completed them yet, the rundown for the child is still pending as we dont know how to fill it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:37am On Sep 27, 2017
Jarus:
justwise et al

Like @Pzone advised, abandon that application and start afresh. They do not have the application yet, so a new one wouldn't constitute double application. An application is made when the fee is paid. You can still log into the old application to retrieve info. But start a fresh application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2017
yolemum:
@brightingsus....we jus started filling the application, and that was the rundown we filled, we have completed them yet, the rundown for the child is still pending as we dont know how to fill it

From your plan, it looks like you have allocated more resources to the man than the woman. Why is that? The woman would eat as much as the man and visit places as much as the man.

Also you have allocated same figure for flights for all three applicants. There's no way the child's air ticket would be same as an adult's. For the baby you would need to consider the cost of buying milk and diapers...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 10:50am On Sep 27, 2017
Pzone:
You can abandon that application, their system will automatically delete it after a while. Restart a fresh one and make all necessary adjustments

Thanks. I have to use another email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2017
The man is the sponsor, we filled it in such a way that he is paying for everybody going on the trip so that while his figures are much, while the wife wld be given some amount for her own expenses, so is it that the budget rundown is not OK?
Brightingsus:

From your plan, it looks like you have allocated more resources to the man than the woman. Why is that? The woman would eat as much as the man and visit places as much as the man.

Also you have allocated same figure for flights for all three applicants. There's no way the child's air ticket would be same as an adult's. For the baby you would need to consider the cost of buying milk and diapers...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 11:21am On Sep 27, 2017
lekibraky:

GTB is 1000 USD monthly for Naira Debit card while dollar card is said to be unrestricted based on the last update I got from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Infiosa: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2017
Jarus:

The total conversion rate charged as at 3 weeks ago was 44,410.22 Naira for 121 USD. And this was captioned on my initial response. See the attached once again.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
yolemum:

Just put in the box not applicable. The visa will be issued largely on based on parents documents, if the parent are given visa, they will not denied the child.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
Infiosa:

The total conversion rate charged as at 3 weeks ago was 44,410.22 Naira for 121 USD. And this was captioned on my initial response. See the attached once again.

Thanks. 125 dollars or 121?

Cost of business visit visa is 125 USD today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by hohia: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
Jarus:

Thanks. 125 dollars or 121?

Cost of business visit visa is 125 USD today.

Why not try the payment with your card first my dear, If it goes thru good. I f not you contact your bank lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(New changes are being introduced on how the Home Office calculates exchange rates for overseas visa applications. The new policy, which will benefit customers, will use a new set of exchange rates where payments for UK Visa and Immigration Services are taken in cash or by a bank card in a currency other than Sterling.

The new Home Office Exchange Rate Policy will provide a fairer and more transparent service to customers and will allow them to calculate in advance the cost of their visa application. The exchange rates will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis.

This change will come into effect on 2 October 2017.) copied from TLScontact website

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mcnero: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Flawless1988:
I applied for my visitors visa on the 17th of March with my husband, got a mail that decision was made on the 5th of April, we got our passports with visas on the 7th of April. Although have had previous UK visas, but I didn't apply from Nigeria at that time. So, when I decided to apply again, this time around with my husband who has never gotten or applied for a UK visa, I searched through the forum and got a handful of information. Below are the list of documents we took to TLS, it was scanned and was given back to us.
1, Standard Application form for 2 of us
2, Hotel confirmation, booked on booking.com
3, Bank statements for me and him, over 2million Naira each, we don't have pay slips!
4) leave letter from our various place of work( both doctors) and letter of employment from our previous and current place of work
6) our medical license to practice plus renewal receipt
7) wedding pictures( photocopies) our purpose of visit is our anniversary
cool Detailed statement of purpose from both of us, listing the tourist attractions we would be visiting
9) Car Documents
10) Land Survey DOcument of our piece of land, not yet developed
11) marriage certificates
12) Affidavit of change of name
13) previous UK visas
14) photocopies of previous visas
15) Certificate of Ownership of our accommodation ( owned by my dad)
16) my fathers bank statement cos he transferred a sum of 1million Naira to me a month ago, I explained in my SOP, cos I didn't want the VO to hv the impression of a lump sum of money in my account
17 ) sealed it with prayers
In order to make payments for visa, one of our friends who lives in Canada paid with his Card

@flawless1988..are the list of documents submitted photocopies of originals? Or rather which are original and which are copies.....
hohia:

Why not try the payment with your card first my dear, If it goes thru good. I f not you contact your bank lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(New changes are being introduced on how the Home Office calculates exchange rates for overseas visa applications. The new policy, which will benefit customers, will use a new set of exchange rates where payments for UK Visa and Immigration Services are taken in cash or by a bank card in a currency other than Sterling.

The new Home Office Exchange Rate Policy will provide a fairer and more transparent service to customers and will allow them to calculate in advance the cost of their visa application. The exchange rates will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis.

This change will come into effect on 2 October 2017.) copied from TLScontact website
Pls enlighten us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 9:47am On Sep 28, 2017
Hello my people I have a training to attend 11 of November in the uk I have an expired uk visa before I submitted 22nd of September am scared do you think it will be out by lastest November 5th or what can I do to fast track I never knew they take long to process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2017
castiello:
Hello my people I have a training to attend 11 of November in the uk I have an expired uk visa before I submitted 22nd of September am scared do you think it will be out by lastest November 5th or what can I do to fast track I never knew they take long to process

Standard or priority?

If standard, no one here knows. But since you are not a first time traveller, you might have cause to smile. Also it depends on how straightforward your application is.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2017
Brightingsus:

Standard or priority?

If standard, no one here knows. But since you are not a first time traveller, you might have cause to smile. Also it depends on how straightforward your application is.

It's standard sir and my application is very straightforward the training I use for the first but different level it's a b-tech program fees paid
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
I still think I should stand a chance with priority if submitted 9 working days before travel day.

Company (oil company) sponsoring it
Hotel, flight everything already booked and paid for, to accompany my application
Been to the UK couple of times in the past, including October last year.

The only delay to date is my renewed passport which I'm waiting for and which will be ready tomorrow Friday and my application and docs can be submitted Tuesday 2nd October, 9 working days before travel date of 15th October.

I think these facts should make my priority application seamless and be ready within 9 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bomolu: 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello Experts in the house.
So I've just been denied my visa application today. ECO says my bank statement does not reflect my monthly income from my company. But when I look at my bank statement, I clearly see my monthly income from my company. Eco also said I have no right to appeal the decision. So my question is how soon can I reapply. Because Eco says I have to fix my income statement before reapply. But how soon can I reapply, and how else can I make my monthly salary clear for ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jarus:
I still think I should stand a chance with priority if submitted 9 working days before travel day.

Company (oil company) sponsoring it
Hotel, flight everything already booked and paid for, to accompany my application
Been to the UK couple of times in the past, including October last year.

The only delay to date is my renewed passport which I'm waiting for and which will be ready tomorrow Friday and my application and docs can be submitted Tuesday 2nd October, 9 working days before travel date of 15th October.

I think these facts should make my priority application seamless and be ready within 9 days.

Looks good, maybe you should bite the bullet and go for standard priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bomolu: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
justwise:

Hello Experts in the house.
So I've just been denied my visa application today. ECO says my bank statement does not reflect my monthly income from my company. But when I look at my bank statement, I clearly see my monthly income from my company. Eco also said I have no right to appeal the decision. So my question is how soon can I reapply. Because Eco says I have to fix my income statement before reapply. But how soon can I reapply, and how else can I make my monthly salary clear for ECO. Help please
Looks good, maybe you should bite the bullet and go for standard priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=bomolu post=60910415][/quote]

Post your refusal letter here without the Person identifier. That's the only waybwe can advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sandraa(f): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
NIFES:

I received the same type of email on Monday. Biometrics was since 21st July. I have called for escalation twice now.
We can only hope that they make a positive decision very soon cos I have done all I could to fast tracking the process.

same date, 21st july, escalated with all means . got another mail monday.

its well

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.