Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:26 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1545134 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
What category of UK visitors is TB test for?

Never did TB test in my previous business visits.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
sandraa:

same date, 21st july, escalated with all means . got another mail monday.

its well

My Submission and biometrics was on the 4th july via VI, Infact i am really tired of all these wahala.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jarus:

TB test required for visitors visa with over 6 months validity.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
Brightingsus:

TB test required for visitors visa with over 6 months validity.

I might be wrong... but I think TB test is not required for a visit visa. Because even if you have 10yrs visit visa you are not expected to spend more than 6months at a go.

You’ll need to have a tuberculosis (TB) test if you’re coming to the UK for more than 6 months - Gov.uk

So, technically you don't need a TB test for a visit visa

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
themusketeer:

I might be wrong... but I think TB test is not required for a visit visa. Because even if you have 10yrs visit visa you are not expected to spend more than 6months at a go.

You’ll need to have a tuberculosis (TB) test if you’re coming to the UK for more than 6 months - Gov.uk

So, technically you don't need a TB test for a visit visa

I agree with you, but only partially. Inasmuch as what you say is correct, it's only correct if it's a standard visitor visa where you are ordinarily not allowed to spend more than 6 months at a go.

But remember, there are other visit visas that are neither 6 months, 2 years nor 5 or 10 years validity. There is a visit visa for 11 months which is for private medical treatment in the UK. A potential patient under this type who can prove they require more than 6 months treatment in the UK can stay beyond 6 months. Also, what about visit visa of 12 months for Academics

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by themusketeer: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Brightingsus:

I agree with you, but only partially. Inasmuch as what you say is correct, it's only correct if it's a standard visitor visa where you are ordinarily not allowed to spend more than 6 months at a go.

But remember, there are other visit visas that are neither 6 months, 2 years nor 5 or 10 years validity. There is a visit visa for 11 months which is for private medical treatment in the UK. A potential patient under this type who can prove they require more than 6 months treatment in the UK can stay beyond 6 months. Also, what about visit visa of 12 months for Academics

You're right bro. Perfectly makes sense.

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jarus:

Not required for visiting visa

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Brightingsus:

TB test is only for immigrant visas, never for visiting visa despite the duration.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Justwise, do you have travel consulting business?

Have you thought of establishing one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jarus:
Justwise, do you have travel consulting business?

Have you thought of establishing one?

..lol no i don't, this is a hobby i picked up when preparing to come here to study and it helped me throughout my various visa applications here even my own immigration tribunal case.

The thought of establishing one comes and go..

I actually did not join nairaland to do this, joined this forum to go after visa scammers/fraudsters

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kokoboy4life(m): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good evening to Everyone, i got an invitation Letter for seminar program coming up in November but organizers charge nothing for this seminar so what will be chance of an applicants that’s got invitation letter from a nonpayment seminar/conference. Because I heard ECO likes paid programs/ conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jarus(m): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
kokoboy4life:
Good evening to Everyone, i got an invitation Letter for seminar program coming up in November but organizers charge nothing for this seminar so what will be chance of an applicants that’s got invitation letter from a nonpayment seminar/conference. Because I heard ECO likes paid programs/ conference.

I have gone for unpaid conference before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello house please any advice would be of help. Below is my husband's visa application refusal. His previous salary was 270k from when he applied on 20th of June. while his account balance was 1.2m. The issue now is that his salary has been reduced to 160k due to some issues with his company. His current account balance is 1.9m. And we are thinking of reapply with supper priority nest week.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:02am On Sep 29, 2017
Joyce27:
Hello house please any advice would be of help. Below is my husband's visa application refusal. His previous salary was 270k from when he applied on 20th of June. while his account balance was 1.2m. The issue now is that his salary has been reduced to 160k due to some issues with his company. His current account balance is 1.9m. And we are thinking of reapply with supper priority nest week.

Repost the refusal letter and observe the edges
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:43am On Sep 29, 2017
justwise:

..lol no i don't, this is a hobby i picked up when preparing to come here to study and it helped me throughout my various visa applications here even my own immigration tribunal case.

The thought of establishing one comes and go..

I actually did not join nairaland to do this, joined this forum to go after visa scammers/fraudsters

Correct bro... soldier go , soldier come , Barrack remain , Alot of good guys have also contributed immensely but finally goes quiet after all, But Justwise remains. keep it up bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 7:04am On Sep 29, 2017
Brightingsus:
I have reported it

Repost the refusal letter and observe the edges
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iyaalaja: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2017
I applied for 6 months visitor visa for my mum since June 24th and just getting a mail saying decision has been made and i wonder why such long delay for an aged person who has gotten 2 years visitor visa in the past and been to UK severally.One of my sisters in London sent the invite and required documents and she is a citizen,work with NHS and I also wrote as financial sponsor saying i just want her to go rest with my sisters after one year of mourning my father though my father has always be the sponsor when he was alive.What could be the delay or could they think old maama with children to support her and she herself is okay want to stay put,i just wonder
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2017
Joyce27:

There is no supporting evidence of personal and social ties to Nigeria. The ECO only commented on the applicant financial tie (bank statement/sponsor invitation etc.). Is this a time application?
Did the applicant submit the following documents to proof personal and social ties eg Marriage certificate, birth certificate, a vacation letter or a letter authorizing the applicant the is be absent from work? Properties, photos with sponsors, etc
Proofs of communication with the sponsor? eg email, etc.
Re applying and doing super priority will not change things.
The ECO is simply asking for more documents to establish a solid personal and social ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2017
iyaalaja:
I applied for 6 months visitor visa for my mum since June 24th and just getting a mail saying decision has been made and i wonder why such long delay for an aged person who has gotten 2 years visitor visa in the past and been to UK severally.One of my sisters in London sent the invite and required documents and she is a citizen,work with NHS and I also wrote as financial sponsor saying i just want her to go rest with my sisters after one year of mourning my father though my father has always be the sponsor when he was alive.What could be the delay or could they think old maama with children to support her and she herself is okay want to stay put,i just wonder

Why not share the decision first?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2017
Am I all set?

Here are the documents I have...

1. Employer's approval letter for vacation and explaining when I was employed and my monthly salary.

2. Sponsor's letter explaining why he's sponsoring me.

3. Invitation letter from my host.

4. Data page of my host's British Passport.

5. Sponsor's 6 months bank account statement.

6. My 6 months bank account statement.

7. Letter explaining my other source of income.

8. Marriage certificate.

9. Letter detailing my travel proposed expenses.

Good to go?

What might be remaining?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:08am On Sep 29, 2017
Joyce27:

List the documents submitted from the applicant's side... I mean documents originating from Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:12am On Sep 29, 2017
Baywood:
Am I all set?

1. Employer's approval letter for vacation and explaining when I was employed and my monthly salary.

8. Marriage certificate.

Good to go?

What might be remaining?

Go ask your village people.... see this guy

Were you not the person arguing and waging war against everyone here, and now u wanna keep asking the same people.
Lord 'thou know it all', just ask Google.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:13am On Sep 29, 2017
Brightingsus:

Go ask your village people.... see this guy

Were you not the person arguing and waging war against everyone here, and now u wanna keep asking the same people.
Lord 'thou know it all', just ask Google.

grin grin grin

Answer me joor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 11:28am On Sep 29, 2017
ekpotek:

Thanks for your response this are the list of documents he submitted.
His 6 months bank statement with 1.2m balance
Employment letter
Leav letter
6 months pay slips
Letter from his bank
Marriage certificate
Our pictures
Call logs
Invitation letter tenancy agreement
Utility bills
Data page of my passport

We wanted to use the supper priority because the first one was decided after 92 days. The wait was just too much. His current salary is 160k while his account balance is 1.9m. But when he applied his salary was 270k .

There is no supporting evidence of personal and social ties to Nigeria. The ECO only commented on the applicant financial tie (bank statement/sponsor invitation etc.). Is this a time application?
Did the applicant submit the following documents to proof personal and social ties eg Marriage certificate, birth certificate, a vacation letter or a letter authorizing the applicant the is be absent from work? Properties, photos with sponsors, etc
Proofs of communication with the sponsor? eg email, etc.
Re applying and doing super priority will not change things.
The ECO is simply asking for more documents to establish a solid personal and social ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 11:29am On Sep 29, 2017
Baywood:
Am I all set?

8. Marriage certificate.

Good to go?

What might be remaining?

You need more evidences of the relationship with your sponsor, e.g. Photos with you and your sponsor, email communication etc.
Sponsor's utility bills or evidence of accommodation if you're going to stay with your sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by emeystan(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2017
Please my fellow Nairalanders

How can i solve this situation, me and my wife are going, but mine was rejected and her own was granted
can she go alone or do i appeal my own

What is the consequences if she travels alone

please i need suggestion

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2017
ekpotek:

You need more evidences of the relationship with your sponsor, e.g. Photos with you and your sponsor, email communication etc.
Sponsor's utility bills or evidence of accommodation if you're going to stay with your sponsor

My sponsor is my brother. He's here in Nigeria.

My host in UK is not sponsoring. There's no financial commitment on his part. He will only provide me accommodation (I will stay in his house).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2017
emeystan:

How can i solve this situation, me and my wife are going, but mine was rejected and her own was granted

please i need suggestion

Sadly you do not have the right of appeal or administrative review. It's hard to tell when we don't know what documents you submitted and how yours differ from your wife's.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Joyce27: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=Brightingsus post=60939003]

List the documents submitted from the applicant's side... I mean documents originating

Here is the list of documents he submitted
6 months pay slips
6 months bank statement
Leav letter from his work
Employment letter
Passport
Letter from his bank
Marriage certificate
Pictures
Communication logs

From my side
Data page of passport
Tenancy agreement
Utility bills
Invitation letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Baywood:

My sponsor is my brother. He's here in Nigeria.

My host in UK is not sponsoring. There's no financial commitment on his part. He will only provide me accommodation (I will stay in his house).

Your host MUST provide proof of accommodation - Utility bill showing his name and address or mortgage bills which ever
You still need to proof this relationship? Or how do you expect the ECO to know that he's truly your brother? A letter from him is not Enough. What are your brother's circumstances in Nigeria, and why will the ECO believe his bank statement and ability to sponsor you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
emeystan:

please i need suggestion

What was the purpose of the visit? Was it the same as your wife? Did you submit a group application? If she has a visa, sure she can travel!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Baywood(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
ekpotek:

Your host MUST provide proof of accommodation - Utility bill showing his name and address or mortgage bills which ever
You still need to proof this relationship? Or how do you expect the ECO to know that he's truly your brother? A letter from him is not Enough. What are your brother's circumstances in Nigeria, and why will the ECO believe his bank statement and ability to sponsor you?

My brother that's sponsoring me has a chemical industry where soaps are manufactured. He's sponsoring me financially. All me travel expenses will be taken care of by him.

My host in the UK is a friend. He's a Nigerian and British citizen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.