Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1536431 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Flourishtemi: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello...did you read what i wrote please? Ill prefer to have responses from people who will take time to read, ask relevant questions and provide HELP. Thanks.

lekibraky:
Brother reason am na what will family back home fall upon when u have 600k and want to spend 300k for travelling an the VO will woner what u do with all your money 300k per month and u cant save up to 1.5m to get the visit visa u need people to tutor u to run ur package
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
Flourishtemi:
@justwise @brightinhus and everyone, good afternoon everyone.
I became an avid reader of nairaland on this wave of uk visa decision delay.....so after waiting for over 64 working days, i got a refusal.
My application history is as follows
In 2009 while waiting admission to law school, i applied and was denied based on insufficient economic ties
In 2010 after completing law school, before my call to bar, i applied and was refused again due to the above reason
I chilled till 2015, when i had started earning salary and applied but was refused again for insufficient funds
In the last quarter of 2015, i got a better job with about 3times what i was earning at my last refusal and waited till July this year when I had gotten 2 salary reviews . My last salary review was to 301k .
I applied and here is the refusal document, please note that i submitted letter from employer, payslips, employment letter, and 2 salary review letters, I also attached 2 bank statements, 1 for salary account while the other was to shiw my previos earning.
The refusal stated that
1. I said i was "self employed "
2. That I did not show proof of my salary and additional income
3.that i did not prove evidence of other family members
P.S
I clearly stated my employment with my employer with all neccesary letters, i even attached cac documents as the company secretary to 3 companies which are our affiliates
I dont know what other documents i should have attached.
I think i want to reapply because the ECO was unfair. Please assist or refer me to particular posts that have similar outcomes

What was pointed in your refusal letter was a straightforward issue,no ambiguity.According to that note,Your Salary remittance does not reflect on your statement of account,All other income you had claimed while filling the form does not also reflect on your account statement.
Above all,you have a fairly low account balance of slightly above 600k.
just chill for a while (6 months minimum) to shore up your account balance to over a million naira,Make sure your salary remittance is on time and goes through your account,all other incomes should also reflect on the account or at worst there must be a proper and verifiable documentation for it.
Come back in April next year to tell us you have put all those and many more in place then we will look through what you have and advise accordingly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Flourishtemi:
@justwise @brightinhus and everyone, good afternoon everyone.
I became an avid reader of nairaland on this wave of uk visa decision delay.....so after waiting for over 64 working days, i got a refusal.
My application history is as follows
In 2009 while waiting admission to law school, i applied and was denied based on insufficient economic ties
In 2010 after completing law school, before my call to bar, i applied and was refused again due to the above reason
I chilled till 2015, when i had started earning salary and applied but was refused again for insufficient funds
In the last quarter of 2015, i got a better job with about 3times what i was earning at my last refusal and waited till July this year when I had gotten 2 salary reviews . My last salary review was to 301k .
I applied and here is the refusal document, please note that i submitted letter from employer, payslips, employment letter, and 2 salary review letters, I also attached 2 bank statements, 1 for salary account while the other was to shiw my previos earning.
The refusal stated that
1. I said i was "self employed "
2. That I did not show proof of my salary and additional income
3.that i did not prove evidence of other family members
P.S
I clearly stated my employment with my employer with all neccesary letters, i even attached cac documents as the company secretary to 3 companies which are our affiliates
I dont know what other documents i should have attached.
I think i want to reapply because the ECO was unfair. Please assist or refer me to particular posts that have similar outcomes

I have some observations...

I was wondering why you included CAC documents. CAC documents are for people that own businesses or self employed with a company registration. For a visit visa applicant who is an employee whose name is on a company's payroll, you do not need CAC. Too many documents that are irrelevant to an individual's application can be disastrous especially if they open new avenues for the ECO to seek verification.

I do not know why you included two bank statements. You said one is for salary account and the other for your previous earnings. While you changed your job, did you change your bank account as well?

Do you have an additional job or source of income apart from your employment which started in 2015? I think you confused the ECO. Remember it's not enough to just lump up documents and expect the ECO to figure which is which. It's on you to explain everything. I do not know to which extent you were able to do this. The refusal stated there were deposits in your account other than your salary. When you use bank statements, you must explain in writing; especially under 'additional comments' section of the application form, all transactions that do not reflect on your payslip. You must also provide the source, e.g. If it's gift from family or payment for services you rendered.

Let me shock you. The ECOs do not take time to study applications. It's on you to explain everything explicitly like you are talking to a 5 year old. If you expect an ECO to understand what you wanted to communicate, they will always assume the negative.

Also, your closing balance was N600k+ and you quoted to spend N300k; half of your closing balance Now, the ECO would weigh this against the importance of the visit to the UK. You quoted to see family and for tourism. You would have benefitted from saving up more before making the application.

More so, you did not provide enough ties to Nigeria. You being a young adult, I mean in active employment, must provide ties to Nigeria more than ties to the UK. If you provide more ties to the UK and less to Nigeria the ECO would doubt you. I do not know if you are married. If you are you wshoukd have included your marriage certificate.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Flourishtemi: 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Thank you @Brightingsus.

So I attached a sponsors statement- who is my fiancee, who was to provide 300k as his support....that was not mentioned.

I was to visit my older sister who is a uk citizen, she provided her payslips and her savings account. She supposed to provide accomodation and feeding.

I am COMPANY SECRETARY at my job as well as head of admin. Thats why i submitted the cac documents.

As per the payments into my account- my salary account reflected my monthly salaries. I only just got a review to that amount 3 months before.
My account receives a lot of cash, mostly payments for company incorporation which i do as a side hustle.
I am a lawyer, so I have legal consultancy i provide to friends and family.
I did not know i should have explained the source of funds.

Do you think i should reapply correcting all these bearing in mind that this application took 3 months and i have my salary dropping into my salary account.
I included another account before i have my savings in another account, as at date I have a savings account with about 700k balance. And i will still have my fiancee co sponsor the trip.

Whats your opinion...
quote author=Brightingsus post=61136435]

I was wondering why you included CAC documents. CAC documents are for people that own businesses or self employed with a company registration. For a visit visa applicant who is an employee whose name is on a company's payroll, you do not need CAC. Too many documents that are irrelevant to an individual's application can be disastrous especially if they open new avenues for the ECO to seek verification.

I do not know why you included two bank statements. You said one is for salary account and the other for your previous earnings. While you changed your job, did you change your bank account as well?

Do you have an additional job or source of income apart from your employment which started in 2015? I think you confused the ECO. Remember it's not enough to just lump up documents and expect the ECO to figure which is which. It's on you to explain everything. I do not know to which extent you were able to do this. The refusal stated there were deposits in your account other than your salary. When you use bank statements, you must explain in writing; especially under 'additional comments' section of the application form, all transactions that do not reflect on your payslip. You must also provide the source, e.g. If it's gift from family or payment for services you rendered.

Let me shock you. The ECOs do not take time to study applications. It's on you to explain everything explicitly like you are talking to a 5 year old. If you expect an ECO to understand what you wanted to communicate, they will always assume the negative.

Also, your closing balance was N600k+ and you quoted to spend N300k; half of your closing balance Now, the ECO would weigh this against the importance of the visit to the UK. You quoted to see family and for tourism. You would have benefitted from saving up more before making the application.

More so, you did not provide enough ties to Nigeria. You being a young adult, I mean in active employment, must provide ties to Nigeria more than ties to the UK. If you provide more ties to the UK and less to Nigeria the ECO would doubt you. I do not know if you are married. If you are you wshoukd have included your marriage certificate. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kenzindax(f): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2017
as An adult it's on your to provide financially support to your trip. do not include fiance documents. build up your account above 1m or like 1.3m before application. then possibly include documents of investment or landed property in your name as home ties. then your husband to be,can write to back up your application with a consent. that's social ties. I guess you have a lot of explanation to give on your account. take time to explain them out. then back it up with lots of prayers. prayer is d KEY. �.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
Flourishtemi:
Thank you @Brightingsus.

So I attached a sponsors statement- who is my fiancee, who was to provide 300k as his support....that was not mentioned.

I was to visit my older sister who is a uk citizen, she provided her payslips and her savings account. She supposed to provide accomodation and feeding.

I am COMPANY SECRETARY at my job as well as head of admin. Thats why i submitted the cac documents.

As per the payments into my account- my salary account reflected my monthly salaries. I only just got a review to that amount 3 months before.
My account receives a lot of cash, mostly payments for company incorporation which i do as a side hustle.
I am a lawyer, so I have legal consultancy i provide to friends and family.
I did not know i should have explained the source of funds.

Do you think i should reapply correcting all these bearing in mind that this application took 3 months and i have my salary dropping into my salary account.
I included another account before i have my savings in another account, as at date I have a savings account with about 700k balance. And i will still have my fiancee co sponsor the trip.

Whats your opinion...
quote author=Brightingsus post=61136435]

More so, you did not provide enough ties to Nigeria. You being a young adult, I mean in active employment, must provide ties to Nigeria more than ties to the UK. If you provide more ties to the UK and less to Nigeria the ECO would doubt you. I do not know if you are married. If you are you wshoukd have included your marriage certificate.

No, do not reapply now. If you have a sponsor in the UK who is not married to you, try not to bring them in. The ECO expects you as a visitor to be able to sponsor your trip if you are of working age or in active employment. They rarely overlook this. A holiday is not a compulsory experience. The ECO expects you to be able to meet up with what UK holiday brings. Your reasons for wishing to travel which are to see your sister who is a British citizen and tour the country are not as important as requiring sponsorship or part-sponsorship from someone else. This is what UKVI expects.

When you do transactions outsdide of your employment, don't you have evidence? Don't you issue receipts or confirmation of deals or invoices where you have copies? Pardon my being nosy, but it's to help me guide you... if you receive N300k monthly as salary and you have a lot of deposits in your account from other sources, how come your balance is just over N600k. I guess there are inflows and outflows alike. The ECO needs clarification on this.

If you can't provide evidence of all sources of inflows in your account, then you shouldn't be thinking of applying for a UK visa. This is to avoid repeated refusals. I would advise you take out time to correct anomalies in your circumstances before applying again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Attraction: 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
Please i am a banker, i earn 235,000 monthly though i earn more but this is what hits my account because our pension is taken at source. I have 1.3M in my account, it runs as fixed deposit but drops in my account with interest on monthly basis. Please i want to visit UK for 7 days vacation. My friend is coming from US, my friend is the one paying for hotel accomodation. How do i get visa. I am single and no child. I have been refused UK visa in 2011. since then i have not tried again. i have been working since 2008. The reason i was denied then, i paid in 1m and printed my statement account, they said there is no proof of the money even though it was my money. please now i need help and advise. My friend coming from the US is d big boy with cash to spend and hotel accomodation. My own is to get visa and come. Please help me, i really want to go to UK, i have only visited Indonesia in 2015.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pzone: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
Attraction:
Please i am a banker, i earn 235,000 monthly though i earn more but this is what hits my account because our pension is taken at source. I have 1.3M in my account, it runs as fixed deposit but drops in my account with interest on monthly basis. Please i want to visit UK for 7 days vacation. My friend is coming from US, my friend is the one paying for hotel accomodation. How do i get visa. I am single and no child. I have been refused UK visa in 2011. since then i have not tried again. i have been working since 2008. The reason i was denied then, i paid in 1m and printed my statement account, they said there is no proof of the money even though it was my money. please now i need help and advise. My friend coming from the US is d big boy with cash to spend and hotel accomodation. My own is to get visa and come. Please help me, i really want to go to UK, i have only visited Indonesia in 2015.
To be on the safe side, exclude your friend coming from the US with big bucks from your application entirely cos it will not fly with the ECO. Work on providing adequate documentations that you can afford the trip and establish your home ties by getting letter of introduction from your employer. Get your pay slips, tidy up your account and be sure there are no unexplainable deposits. Book a hotel, write a cover letter and also ensure you address the issues raised in your previous refusal.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
@FLOURISH U SHOT URSELF IN THE FOOT FOR THE CAC DOCUMENT U PROVIDED WHEN IS NOT AS IF THE COMPANY WANTS TO SPONSOR YOUR TRIP ONLY YOUR PAYSLIP AN BANK ACCOUNT IS ENOUGH REPACKAGE YOURSELF AND EXPLAIN THAT U JUST ADDED THE COMPANY DOCS BECAUSE U HAVE ACCESS TO IT THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT YOUR BUT DONT ADD IT AGAIN WISH U ALL THE BEST ALSO WORK ON YOUR CLOSING BALANCE. FROM THIS MONTH MOVE THE MONEY IN YOUR FORMER ACCOUNT TO YOUR SALARY ACCOUNT SO U CAN USE JUST ONE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Attraction: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
Thanks a lot for your response. Please how do i write a cover letter. i didnt understand that part. Also what about budget, how much budget do you think is safe to use for 7 days trip considering i have 1.3m as account balance. flight and hotel and feeding and leisure. Can 500k fly? I am not putting my friend at all. Will book a hotel. can i stay 5 days and get visa?
Pzone:
To be on the safe side, exclude your friend coming from the US with big bucks from your application entirely cos it will not fly with the ECO. Work on providing adequate documentations that you can afford the trip and establish your home ties by getting letter of introduction from your employer. Get your pay slips, tidy up your account and be sure there are no unexplainable deposits. Book a hotel, write a cover letter and also ensure you address the issues raised in your previous refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 12:15am On Oct 06, 2017
@Brightingsus & other Gurus in the house, Pls i have question to ask. My Wife was rejected in June because the agent that fill her form online did not state how much she earns & all other financial columns in the form were not filled as well and my wife was refused based on that, we have never used an agent for any of her past visa applications ,but this one was a church conference in the UK & the church has an agent that fills forms for their participants and the agent didnt even allow them to see their forms untill the day they are going for submission and she couldnt go through the forms before submission,because thats her first time of applying for UK Visa. these agents are not trustworthy at all. And my Wife is a regular traveler to the US and other Schengen states, My question is that i am not living in Nigeria and i have a registered company with her name as one of the shareholders in the CAC, and i also uses her personal statement of account to run the company with a big inflow and outflow all the time even some huge sums i send from abroad goes to the same account as well But i don't pay her salary not to talk of having payslips,and she has used the account to obtain a lot of Schengen & US visas without any too much questions or refusal,. My problem now is that UK is all after salary,no sufficient money,Lodgement and payslip,etc. How do we go about it?because i want her to reapply next year so that we can start preparing from now to avoid making any mistakes when the time comes. She is traveling to the US this November and to Germany in February before reapplying. We are Married since 2011 with 2 kids whom are also regular travelers as their Mum. Thanks in Anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blunts007: 8:11am On Oct 06, 2017
Hello house am trying to apply for a visa on the UK website, but each time it gets to the payment section I keep seeing error. What do I do. Its been like this for 2 days now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
Austine2020:
@Brightingsus & other Gurus in the house, Pls i have question to ask. My Wife was rejected in June because the agent that fill her form online did not state how much she earns & all other financial columns in the form were not filled as well and my wife was refused based on that, we have never used an agent for any of her past visa applications ,but this one was a church conference in the UK & the church has an agent that fills forms for their participants and the agent didnt even allow them to see their forms untill the day they are going for submission and she couldnt go through the forms before submission,because thats her first time of applying for UK Visa. these agents are not trustworthy at all. And my Wife is a regular traveler to the US and other Schengen states, My question is that i am not living in Nigeria and i have a registered company with her name as one of the shareholders in the CAC, and i also uses her personal statement of account to run the company with a big inflow and outflow all the time even some huge sums i send from abroad goes to the same account as well But i don't pay her salary not to talk of having payslips,and she has used the account to obtain a lot of Schengen & US visas without any too much questions or refusal,. My problem now is that UK is all after salary,no sufficient money,Lodgement and payslip,etc. How do we go about it?because i want her to reapply next year so that we can start preparing from now to avoid making any mistakes when the time comes. She is traveling to the US this November and to Germany in February before reapplying. We are Married since 2011 with 2 kids whom are also regular travelers as their Mum. Thanks in Anticipation

There may be many ways or steps to correct before reapplying. One option or step is to open a salary account and start paying her salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
blunts007:
Hello house am trying to apply for a visa on the UK website, but each time it gets to the payment section I keep seeing error. What do I do. Its been like this for 2 days now

Try another browser or another computer, or another internet connection: or a combination of the fore-mentioned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bigbus: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
Attraction:
Thanks a lot for your response. Please how do i write a cover letter. i didnt understand that part. Also what about budget, how much budget do you think is safe to use for 7 days trip considering i have 1.3m as account balance. flight and hotel and feeding and leisure. Can 500k fly? I am not putting my friend at all. Will book a hotel. can i stay 5 days and get visa?

Study the thread. You will get many answers. If your circumstances so dispose that spending 500k in 5days is okay for you, it should fly as long as you can demonstrate it to the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
bigbus:

There may be many ways or steps to correct before reapplying. One option or step is to open a salary account and start paying her salary.
Ok thanks,But from which Account will i pay her from since i have been using only her account for all my companies transactions or do i Open a companies account and pay her from there? finally,will it workout if i pay her also without payslip, because its just our private personal company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nikkyshyne(f): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
Apart from my employment. I have a registered business with CAC (a long time ago) which I still get some income from though quite erratic.

So talking about submitting CaC, is it safe to also submit the CaC document as my side business with proof it belongs to me and that I intend starting full operation in the near future? or I shld just overlook submitting the CaC. and ofcox I hv no tax on it.

A friend of mine who is self employed did not submit his tax remittance and was issued visa. he picked it up on Monday.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
After 65 days dhl delivered my parcel this afternoon but to my utmost surprise my application was refused . sad refusal note attached . I cant figure what the heck is wrong with these long nose kids, please advise what to do.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:
After 65 days dhl delivered my parcel this afternoon but to my utmost surprise my application was refused . sad refusal note attached . I cant figure what the heck is wrong with these long nose kids, please advise what to do.

What part of refusal letter did you disagreed with? Or did you think the ECO got wrong?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
nikkyshyne:
Please. How safe should a Bf write a letter of invitation as host but not a sponsor. Should it be left out?

Secondly, apart from my employment. I have a registered business with CAC (a long time ago) which I still get some income from though quite erratic.

So talking about submitting CaC, is it safe to also submit the CaC document as my side business with proof it belongs to me and that I intend starting full operation in the near future? or I shld just overlook submitting the CaC. and ofcox I hv no tax on it.

A friend of mine who is self employed did not submit his tax remittance and was issued visa. he picked it up on Monday.

Thanks

Forget about everything..can you afford this trip without anybody else contributing? And can you support your source of come convincingly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nikkyshyne(f): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
justwise:

Forget about everything..can you afford this trip without anybody else contributing? And can you support your source of come convincingly?
Yes I can sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:23pm On Oct 06, 2017
nikkyshyne:
Yes I can sir.

Then present that for your visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
justwise:

What part of refusal letter did you disagreed with? Or did you think the ECO got wrong?

Thanks justwise, what does the Eco mean by saying i have times 7 of my salary in my account ? i have been working with our company for 4 years +, is it a crime to have funds in my account please, what sort of refusal is this? i seems dont get it? please 200k for 12 months without spending kobo is like 2.4 million, i have just 1.4million left after all expenses without lodgments, i am really confused, he even acknowledged my payslips.... hahahaha ... i cant stop laughing...lol. this is what happens when you receive training from gurus on Nairaland and oyinbo looking for loop holes and couldnt find any.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Austine2020: 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:

Thanks justwise, what does the Eco mean by saying i have times 7 of my salary in my account ? i have been working with our company for 4 years +, is it a crime to have funds in my account please, what sort of refusal is this? i seems dont get it? please 200k for 12 months without spending kobo is like 2.4 million, i have just 1.4million left after all expenses without lodgments, i am really confused, he even acknowledged my payslips.... hahahaha ... i cant stop laughing...lol. this is what happens when you receive training from gurus on Nairaland and oyinbo looking for loop holes and couldnt find any.
Just imagine, My brother sometimes they refuse u for nothing and just give u one reason or the other,Because in this your refusal i didn't see anything that warrants such an excuse to refuse u the visa. Sometimes they get confused with the quantity of applications they received and do whatever they like.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Solatium(m): 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:

You can reply immediately if those cash in your account is still intact or have gone a ove the last balance.Get a letter from your BANK stating the conditions of your account,add the same set of documents you included and back with a cover letter that those monies accumulated in your account over a period of those 4yrs..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Solatium:

You can reply immediately if those cash in your account is still intact or have gone a ove the last balance.Get a letter from your BANK stating the conditions of your account,add the same set of documents you included and back with a cover letter that those monies accumulated in your account over a period of those 4yrs..

Solatium, The uk visa app took too longer than expected , also my leave period has passed , i decided to make use of the funds in my account for something better when their 15days turned to 65 working days. How i wish there is a way i can send them messages via email for reconsideration .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2017
of london the onl mistake i see in your application is the fact that the amount you want to spend for the trip is like three months of your salary
perhaps u should reduce it next time to like 400k to 500k u deserve the visa with ur docs
ijeshaoflondon:

Solatium, The uk visa app took too longer than expected , also my leave period has passed , i decided to make use of the funds in my account for something better when their 15days turned to 65 working days. How i wish there is a way i can send them messages via email for reconsideration .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:

You did not understanding that refusal letter, you will be visiting the UK for just 6days and willing to spend £1,450 which is more than half a millions nairaland, that is equivalent of 7months of your salary gone just in 6days, that is what ECO's comment is referring to.

You worked for 4yrs and managed to have N1,407,074(£3,435.46) and you are planning to spend almost half of that within 6days. That is the problem with your application

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:

The refusal letter is clear. Inasmuch as you are genuine, your application does not depict true reflection of your circumstances. I don't know if you quoted your plan and budget here prior to your application, am sure we would have corrected a few things with the money bit.

The only problem, from the refusal, is your budget. you quoted to spend £1450 for a 6 day visit to the UK. Given your current NGN200k salary, your current closing bank balance is 7 times your monthly salary. You might be a super saver but you needed to explain your livelihood in the application. I mean as part of the body of your cover letter.

It's not possible to save all your salary every month for 7 months to get to your balance. You would have had outgoings. This is why the ECO mentioned it that there was no other sources of funds should you be living off the other sources. However, given that you have been with your employer for about 4 years, you would have saved up the balance over a much longer period. Let's say for eg, you were saving half of your monthly salary every month, it would have taken you 14 months to save up your bank balance. If you were saving a quarter of your monehtly salary, it would have taken you 28 months to save up the balance. These are approximates though. If you are a super saver, you should have indicated, with evidence, how you have been such a good saver; perhaps you could have things subsidised like housing, feeding, utilities, transportation, and general expenditures.

Now, let's say you have been saving up for a while, you want to burn almost half of your bank balance, which you saved up over a long period of time, in just 6 days?? Then you would go back to the eternal savings?? You see why the ECO doubts the credibility of your application

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
What did you state as your monthly living costs?

ijeshaoflondon:

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.