Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,570 members, 7,847,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1542854 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mubby4luv(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
ekpotek:

YES
Lol.. See answer �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2017
feranmi84:
Justwise and inphoenix, thanks for your time and contributions. Just opted to crop where the ECO stressed in the acc statement. I've attached another picture for you to have a clearer view. Thank you!

I reckon the large deposits he's referring to are probably those ones between 3rd and 5th July. If you stated that your salary is your only source of income, then question remains how did those credits come about? If you stated that you have a side business or receive money from other sources, family, friends, gifts etc, you should explain the source convincingly in your application. Otherwise it is considered lodgement which they frown at. However, given that the ECO misread the debit and credit entries in the statement, you may wish to capitalize on the ECOs error on those dates and reapply. Stress it that the entries on those dates he mentioned are debits and not deposits and a decision based on the ECOs error is unfair and you want a reconsideration. Hopefully they wouldn't raise the issues of those multiple 200k lodgements in July. If you can explain them, you are good to reapply, (but January to June Statement is dated o! April/May to October statement is ideal) if not, I suggest you wait a few months and ensure no bulk funds is paid for the duration you're going to print the statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mubby4luv(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
ekpotek:

You would need your car business registration (CAC documents). Invoices and sales receipts. Business account showing remits of sales, tax clearance etc. The CAC registration must at least be more than one year old. However, if you can not provide these essenstial documents, it will be difficult to claim self employment! Having a fiance is not a home tie, as there is no provision in the application form to declare such relationship.
So basically if one is in anyway self employed, business man, he must provide a CAC document? Would you advice I do a CAC registration this month and apply somewhere around April with the Documents.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
lalla89:
Hello everybody in the house,Justwise and other gurus please I want to apply for visiting visa to UK to witness my cousin wedding she will get marriage to a British citizen by early January 2018 both of them are currently in the UK schoolling.The groom is an Ivory coast National before he immigrate to UK and seek for asylum due to the crisis in his country at that time.I was delegated among the family to travel to ivory coast to confirm his origin to see his parents and also his relatives,and now I was still being delegated to represent the family to UK to witness their wedding which will be done early January 2018.my question here is that, my trip will be sponsored by my uncle who is former member of house of representatives and a regular traveller to UK and I'm still worked with local government council and earn 50k as my monthly salary and I'm also into car business which make me to earn more money than my salary I have a closing balance of 3m in my account which can be available for the duration of my visa processing time.please gurus in the house which documents should I provide to submit with my application for visiting visa to UK that will prove the reason of travel and also prove my employment and business.Thanks

Why do you need your Honorable uncle to sponsor you if you have 3million of YOUR OWN money saved? It's contradictory of your status and would raise a red flag.

However, the purpose for which you want to travel, in view of your previous travel to Ivory coast seems convincing. I assume you are being COMPLETELY HONEST and have records of the trip in your passport with pictures? Get the couple to write a convincing invitation letter, stating that it's a honour to have you being that you're the only one who has met his family and you're the link between both families blah blah blah.

Your 50k salary is however low to be honest. It is not impossible, but other VERY STRONG factors must be involved. Pardon me, but is this car dealership you the real deal? I'm asking because a lot of people claim side hustle that are sometimes not registered, verifiable and considered by the ECOs as not legit. If you can prove it with proper documentation and a statement of account with inflows and outflows that are CONSISTENT with that line of business you are claiming, then you must be very clear and explanatory in your application. If not, please don't bother. It is better to be honest even if you're refused than to lie and still be refused. Remember any refusal will be considered even in future, so it's better to avoid it now by not being dishonest or making up side hustle stories as any refusal will limit your chances in future when your circumstances might have improved well enough to have earned you a visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
Honestakay:
hey guys,
i am applying for a uk visit visa with my family. the trip is sponsored by my parents. i am working in a company, my salary ranges within 230- 290 monthly based on commission. the issue is my salary account is zero balance. i transferred 400k to the account. is it gonna raise a red flag?

Being a family man and having your parents sponsor a holiday is a no no. Depositing any unexplained bulk amount in your account is automatic refusal. If the account you are transferring the money from is yours and adequately funded or if you have another account that is sufficiently funded besides your salary account, you can submit it along with your salary account and explain the source of money in it. If otherwise, that you earn that much monthly and have zero savings is not cute and depending on your parents for a mere holiday doesn't speak well of you. Get it together bro, haba?!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Honestakay: 2:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
i am a lady. 70% percent of my income is saved up in a cooperative. how can one explain that? thanks for your reply.

Being a family man and having your parents sponsor a holiday is a no no. Depositing any unexplained bulk amount in your account is automatic refusal. If the account you are transferring the money from is yours and adequately funded or if you have another account that is sufficiently funded besides your salary account, you can submit it along with your salary account and explain the source of money in it. If otherwise, that you earn that much monthly and have zero savings is also not good enough and still looking to your parents is not looking good. Get it together bro, haba?! [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=Honestakay post=61193371]i am a lady. 70% percent of my income is saved up in a cooperative. how can one explain that? thanks for your reply.

Not a problem! If the cooperative is at your place of work, highlight the deductions in your payslips and get the cooperative to write a letter backing it up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY HIS NAME ALWAYS BE PRAISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD MORNING GURUS IN THE HOUSE!!
Am pleased to share to the house that God has finally remembered me and my family ooooooooo after 3x attempt to US(Oct 2016) visit visa, UK(Nov 2016) visit visa and Canada(May 2017) Student visa and were all denied.
I reluctantly decided to try again by this Sept 2017 to UK for a visit and God in His infinite mercy showed and proved Himself mighty.
Application sent on the 5th of September 2017
Biometrics done on the 11th of September 2017
Decision made on the 27th of September 2017
Got my passport from DHL on the 3rd of October 2017 due to independence holiday and VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!! Oh! GOD IS GREAT OOOO!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all for your support and advice!!!!!!!! This forum is really really helpful!!!!! I never believe that am part of those that are sharing their testimonies in this forum. Its just like a dream!!!!!!!!!!
UK HERE I COME!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA grin grin grin grin

Congrats!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2017
ijeshaoflondon:

so what do i do now justwise? please advise

Wait until you build your account again since you have used the money in your account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
Honestakay:
i am a lady. 70% percent of my income is saved up in a cooperative. how can one explain that? thanks for your reply.

Not a problem! If the cooperative is at your place of work, highlight the deductions in your payslips and get the cooperative to write a letter backing it up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
Mubby4luv:
So basically if one is in anyway self employed, business man, he must provide a CAC document? Would you advice I do a CAC registration this month and apply somewhere around April with the Documents.?

Yes. The ECO want to see documentation strong enough to make you want to return back Nigeria after your visit. An unregistered business is as good as no business. The duration of the business count as it reflect the home tie of the owner. So your CAC registration documents must be at least one year old to be acceptable.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
lalla89:
Hello everybody in the house,Justwise and other gurus please I want to apply for visiting visa to UK to witness my cousin wedding she will get marriage to a British citizen by early January 2018 both of them are currently in the UK schoolling.The groom is an Ivory coast National before he immigrate to UK and seek for asylum due to the crisis in his country at that time.I was delegated among the family to travel to ivory coast to confirm his origin to see his parents and also his relatives,and now I was still being delegated to represent the family to UK to witness their wedding which will be done early January 2018.my question here is that, my trip will be sponsored by my uncle who is former member of house of representatives and a regular traveller to UK and I'm still worked with local government council and earn 50k as my monthly salary and [b]I'm also into car business which make me to earn more money than my salary I have a closing balance of 3m in my account [/b]which can be available for the duration of my visa processing time.please gurus in the house which documents should I provide to submit with my application for visiting visa to UK that will prove the reason of travel and also prove my employment and business.Thanks

Is that business registered and you have documents to support the source of that 3M?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
feranmi84:
Justwise and inphoenix, thanks for your time and contributions. Just opted to crop where the ECO stressed in the acc statement. I've attached another picture for you to have a clearer view. Thank you!

You have more outgoing that incoming in your account so without another source of income your final bank balance will be questionable.

A different ECO will treat your application if you reapplied, so its likely to be another issue. inconsistency in your bank statement will always raise an eye brow so its important that you sort that out.

If you believed that the ECO made a mistake and that you did not deposit huge amount in your account then reapply and point that out else think carefully about reapplication.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:

Thanks@ekpotek. Can you help me with the website or how do I go about with the booking??
I intend travelling in December but I want to do my booking immediately.
I hope Qatar is also safe to use?

www.wakanow.com
www.travelstart.com/ng

Qatar is very safe.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by naijarazzi: 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
Chibabe4Christ:
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY HIS NAME ALWAYS BE PRAISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD MORNING GURUS IN THE HOUSE!!
Am pleased to share to the house that God has finally remembered me and my family ooooooooo after 3x attempt to US(Oct 2016) visit visa, UK(Nov 2016) visit visa and Canada(May 2017) Student visa and were all denied.
I reluctantly decided to try again by this Sept 2017 to UK for a visit and God in His infinite mercy showed and proved Himself mighty.
Application sent on the 5th of September 2017
Biometrics done on the 11th of September 2017
Decision made on the 27th of September 2017
Got my passport from DHL on the 3rd of October 2017 due to independence holiday and VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!! Oh! GOD IS GREAT OOOO!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all for your support and advice!!!!!!!! This forum is really really helpful!!!!! I never believe that am part of those that are sharing their testimonies in this forum. Its just like a dream!!!!!!!!!!
UK HERE I COME!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA grin grin grin grin
congrats. Was it priority u did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tinybabs: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
Good Day Everyone.
Pardon me if I posted this enquiry wrongly, just getting used to NL.
Please I will want to enquire email address or how does a candidate banned in UK visa application write to the embassy to plea or make his explanation, after expiration of his ban.
kindly send the email if there is any or advise on way to go about it.
All responses will be appreciated house.
thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Brightingsus: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2017
Tinybabs:
Good Day Everyone.
Pardon me if I posted this enquiry wrongly, just getting used to NL.
Please I will want to enquire email address or how does a candidate banned in UK visa application write to the embassy to plea or make his explanation, after expiration of his ban.
kindly send the email if there is any or advise on way to go about it.
All responses will be appreciated house.
thank you

If the ban period has expired, why do you want to make a case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omopapa: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
Just passing by and I thought I shld say hello

August 2012 I was a regular member on this thread until I got my visa. I think the only person I still rmba is justwise. I must say this forum really really helped me and guided me through the whole process.

Y’all feel free to message me personally for any questions and concerns about life in the UK. I think I have had enough experience to guide people through.

Peace ✌️

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
omopapa:
Just passing by and I thought I shld say hello

August 2012 I was a regular member on this thread until I got my visa. I think the only person I still rmba is justwise. I must say this forum really really helped me and guided me through the whole process.

Y’all feel free to message me personally for any questions and concerns about life in the UK. I think I have had enough experience to guide people through.

Peace ✌️

How about if they ask you those questions here?

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
inphoenix:

The 200k was a transfer I made from my account on 05/07/17. The 200k that appeared twice in my deposit were reversal of the money i transfered. Same date I tried transfering 150k, but the 150k was also returned immediately. So it's not as if the monies were deposited.

The acc statement I submitted was dated March to August.

So you advice I get another statement of account from May to October and explain the 200k.

Another thing is that I stated 16/10/17 as my travel date. If i decide to reapply this week, should I stick to this date in my new application or get another letter from my office?
Thank you.

I reckon the large deposits he's referring to are probably those ones between 3rd and 5th July. If you stated that your salary is your only source of income, then question remains how did those credits come about? If you stated that you have a side business or receive money from other sources, family, friends, gifts etc, you should explain the source convincingly in your application. Otherwise it is considered lodgement which they frown at. However, given that the ECO misread the debit and credit entries in the statement, you may wish to capitalize on the ECOs error on those dates and reapply. Stress it that the entries on those dates he mentioned are debits and not deposits and a decision based on the ECOs error is unfair and you want a reconsideration. Hopefully they wouldn't raise the issues of those multiple 200k lodgements in July. If you can explain them, you are good to reapply, (but January to June Statement is dated o! April/May to October statement is ideal) if not, I suggest you wait a few months and ensure no bulk funds is paid for the duration you're going to print the statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 3:10am On Oct 08, 2017
Flourishtemi:
Thank you @Brightingsus.

So I attached a sponsors statement- who is my fiancee, who was to provide 300k as his support....that was not mentioned.

I was to visit my older sister who is a uk citizen, she provided her payslips and her savings account. She supposed to provide accomodation and feeding.

I am COMPANY SECRETARY at my job as well as head of admin. Thats why i submitted the cac documents.

As per the payments into my account- my salary account reflected my monthly salaries. I only just got a review to that amount 3 months before.
My account receives a lot of cash, mostly payments for company incorporation which i do as a side hustle.
I am a lawyer, so I have legal consultancy i provide to friends and family.
I did not know i should have explained the source of funds.

Do you think i should reapply correcting all these bearing in mind that this application took 3 months and i have my salary dropping into my salary account.
I included another account before i have my savings in another account, as at date I have a savings account with about 700k balance. And i will still have my fiancee co sponsor the trip.

Whats your opinion...
quote author=Brightingsus post=61136435]

I have some observations...

I was wondering why you included CAC documents. CAC documents are for people that own businesses or self employed with a company registration. For a visit visa applicant who is an employee whose name is on a company's payroll, you do not need CAC. Too many documents that are irrelevant to an individual's application can be disastrous especially if they open new avenues for the ECO to seek verification.

I do not know why you included two bank statements. You said one is for salary account and the other for your previous earnings. While you changed your job, did you change your bank account as well?

Do you have an additional job or source of income apart from your employment which started in 2015? I think you confused the ECO. Remember it's not enough to just lump up documents and expect the ECO to figure which is which. It's on you to explain everything. I do not know to which extent you were able to do this. The refusal stated there were deposits in your account other than your salary. When you use bank statements, you must explain in writing; especially under 'additional comments' section of the application form, all transactions that do not reflect on your payslip. You must also provide the source, e.g. If it's gift from family or payment for services you rendered.

Let me shock you. The ECOs do not take time to study applications. It's on you to explain everything explicitly like you are talking to a 5 year old. If you expect an ECO to understand what you wanted to communicate, they will always assume the negative.

Also, your closing balance was N600k+ and you quoted to spend N300k; half of your closing balance Now, the ECO would weigh this against the importance of the visit to the UK. You quoted to see family and for tourism. You would have benefitted from saving up more before making the application.

More so, you did not provide enough ties to Nigeria. You being a young adult, I mean in active employment, must provide ties to Nigeria more than ties to the UK. If you provide more ties to the UK and less to Nigeria the ECO would doubt you. I do not know if you are married. If you are you wshoukd have included your marriage certificate.

You confused the ECO, you do not need to submit CAC document as it is not the company whose CAC document you submitted that is sponsoring your trip.

Too much document without explanation can cause ones application.

Chill for awhile and apply later, ensure that explain all additional income into your account with documentary evidence and give thorough explanation of your application.

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lalla89: 6:32am On Oct 08, 2017
ekpotek:

You would need your car business registration (CAC documents). Invoices and sales receipts. Business account showing remits of sales, tax clearance etc. The CAC registration must at least be more than one year old. However, if you can not provide these essenstial documents, it will be difficult to claim self employment! Having a fiance is not a home tie, as there is no provision in the application form to declare such relationship.
Thanks for the respond bro but most of the car sellers doesn't have CAC documents because of the documents is for the company promoters not for the members of the company once you are car dealer you will only be registered at the company and start selling ur cars with that particular company without processing and legal documents personally, in this condition can I used invoices and sales reciept and my business personal account with closing balance of 3m above, company I.d card to claim a self employed.and is it possible for my work with local government for over ten years now and earning only 50k as salary to be a home ties but not part of sponship.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lalla89: 6:41am On Oct 08, 2017
justwise:

Is that business registered and you have documents to support the source of that 3M?
Is not registered personally but registered as company member, allowed me to carry on my business with the company name I can only provide an introduction letter from the company,company I.d card Invoices and sale reciept and my personal business bank statement which contain inflaw and ouflaws. can this be serve bro Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by omopapa: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2017
justwise:

How about if they ask you those questions here?

Yeah that’s fine I don’t mind
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lalla89: 6:59am On Oct 08, 2017
inphoenix:

Why do you need your Honorable uncle to sponsor you if you have 3million of YOUR OWN money saved? It's contradictory of your status and would raise a red flag.

However, the purpose for which you want to travel, in view of your previous travel to Ivory coast seems convincing. I assume you are being COMPLETELY HONEST and have records of the trip in your passport with pictures? Get the couple to write a convincing invitation letter, stating that it's a honour to have you being that you're the only one who has met his family and you're the link between both families blah blah blah.

Your 50k salary is however low to be honest. It is not impossible, but other VERY STRONG factors must be involved. Pardon me, but is this car dealership you the real deal? I'm asking because a lot of people claim side hustle that are sometimes not registered, verifiable and considered by the ECOs as not legit. If you can prove it with proper documentation and a statement of account with inflows and outflows that are CONSISTENT with that line of business you are claiming, then you must be very clear and explanatory in your application. If not, please don't bother. It is better to be honest even if you're refused than to lie and still be refused. Remember any refusal will be considered even in future, so it's better to avoid it now by not being dishonest or making up side hustle stories as any refusal will limit your chances in future when your circumstances might have improved well enough to have earned you a visa.

Thanks for the respond I have a valid stamp in my passport for the ivory coast trip and my honourable uncle will sponsored the trip because of it is family matters, and to be honest my car dealership is not registered with CAC I only registered with Car dealers company which everybody can do,I only have company I.d card and my personal business bank statement and the problem is that most of the car dealers companies are not updating their CAC registration and tax clearance.in this situation can I provide a letter from the company stating that I'm one of there dealer, company I.d card, invoice and sales reciept of the cars I sold,and also a bill of landing,personal business bank statement.and is it possible to use my ten years work experience with local government serve as home ties though I earn a little with them.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by feranmi84: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2017
I did not deposit huge amount in my account and wish to reapply and point out the ECO's error like you said. But want to know if reapplying immediately won't be a sign of desperation.

2. Moreover, If I decide to reapply immediately, should I submit same leave/introduction letter (02/10/17 to 31/10/17) or get another one with new dates.
Thank you.

justwise:

You have more outgoing that incoming in your account so without another source of income your final bank balance will be questionable.

A different ECO will treat your application if you reapplied, so its likely to be another issue. inconsistency in your bank statement will always raise an eye brow so its important that you sort that out.

If you believed that the ECO made a mistake and that you did not deposit huge amount in your account then reapply and point that out else think carefully about reapplication.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibabe4Christ: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2017
post=61195597:
congrats. Was it priority u did

No. I did not use any services. Just the normal process and God did it!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by inphoenix: 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
feranmi84:

I did not deposit huge amount in my account and wish to reapply and point out the ECO's error like you said. But want to know if reapplying immediately won't be a sign of desperation.

2. Moreover, If I decide to reapply immediately, should I submit same leave/introduction letter (02/10/17 to 31/10/17) or get another one with new dates.
Thank you.

What's your current bank balance?

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.