Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531167 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by olaidecash: 5:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Yemcol since your wnt be staying with them,maybe u should write a note while submitting that you lost contacts with them,but the fact would still remain ur relative resides in the uk but lost contacts,the last time i visited uk,i stayed with my husband'relative but i never indicated that i had a relative in d application becos i booked an hotel,wen i applied for my two yrs visa recently i indicated my husband has a distant relative even thou i booked an hotel and that i wnt be staying with them,i addressed alll this with written note and still got my two years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akyiremlouis: 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
i was refused uk visitors visa last year with a simply reason that i was travelling alone to a country i have no relative and friends

pls how can i adress this reason of refusal as i want to apply for visa next month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Adalapretty: 9:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Please can someone kindly advice. I collect my salary in cash, can my employer write to d embassy saying they do not issue pay slips?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
abnot:

Many thanks @FrontPageLawyer. On the other hand is my list complete?

-Application form
-Travel Passport
-Bank statement (Salary account with salary of 103k monthly and 100k monthly from another source)
-job offer letter
-Letter of introduction from employer
-hotel booking

[quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=41480736]

The documents so far listed are not convincing and does not represent strong economic and social ties to guarantee you a visa. Except you have the proof of funds from the other source mentioned, I don't see how it's going to help your application.

It is not enough to submit all these documents without proper planning/budget. Do yourself a favour by doing a budget breakdown for analysis here.

If I may ask what could serve as proof of funds ? The said amount is transferred monthly to my account by a family member (either father or mother ) bearing the same surname with me .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adalapretty:
Please can someone kindly advice. I collect my salary in cash, can my employer write to d embassy saying they do not issue pay slips?

Pay slips validate that you are legitimately working for a company earning a standard amount of salary and showing your monthly tax deduction, but if your company does not issue pay slips, then you need not bother. So many factors are used to reach a visa decision e.g. proof of funds in your account, proof of employment, family ties etc.

Apparently you work in a small organization hence the salary payment not well structured. The onus is on you to convince the ECO that your employment is substantial and qualifies as your employment ties to your home country.

Approach your employer to write you a letter addressed to the Consulate, this should be sufficient, but not a guarantee.

If you’re married with kids, add marriage certificate, birth certificates, wedding and family pictures.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
@abnot

Write a letter to support your application, asterisk all the inflows as shown on the statement of account sheet and briefly explain in details e.g. December salary, December bonus, business loan from XYZ etc. Make sure there are documents to back up your claims.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
akyiremlouis:
i was refused uk visitors visa last year with a simply reason that i was travelling alone to a country i have no relative and friends

pls how can i adress this reason of refusal as i want to apply for visa next month

That was not the main reason.

Be detailed, if possible scan the refusal letter and blank your personal details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daysoffavor: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW THE AMOUNT CHARGED FOR USING THE IKEJA TELEPERFORMANCE OFFICE? THE LAST TIME I USED THE OFFICE FOR UK VISA APPLICATION IT WAS FREE BUT AM HEARING AND ALSO READ ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT ITS NOW A FEE CHARGING LOCATION{PAY TO USE}.....HOW MUCH DOES IT COST AND ALSO ARE THE COST ADDED TO THE VISA FEES? 2 YEARS VISA IS 509USD THE LAST TIME I CHECKED
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
daysoffavor:
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW THE AMOUNT CHARGED FOR USING THE IKEJA TELEPERFORMANCE OFFICE? THE LAST TIME I USED THE OFFICE FOR UK VISA APPLICATION IT WAS FREE BUT AM HEARING AND ALSO READ ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT ITS NOW A FEE CHARGING LOCATION{PAY TO USE}.....HOW MUCH DOES IT COST AND ALSO ARE THE COST ADDED TO THE VISA FEES? 2 YEARS VISA IS 509USD THE LAST TIME I CHECKED

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by daysoffavor: 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Thanks boss....18k..the Victoria island center is looking like it...but then again i would ve to go there 2wice...submittion and collection....since this ikeja one is just 5 mins from the office, might as well just use it ..Thanks again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Adalapretty: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
@frontpagelawyer thanks, yes its a small skool and we pay tax to local government and they requested for both pay slip and statement at d embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
Adalapretty:
@frontpagelawyer thanks, yes its a small skool and we pay tax to local government and they requested for both pay slip and statement at d embassy.

Your company is paying FIRS and LIRS Taxes while your will be placed on the pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) through deduction from your salary by your employer.

The pay slip is a requirement, but as a business owner and for smaller organisation your salary account should be sufficient.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Benjamite01: 1:47am On Jan 07, 2016
Sir/Ma, I will like to get an experienced person to answer my question. I submitted and Application on the 10th of December and i got a Message from Sheffield on the 29th of december that Decision has me Made.that i should wait for 3 to 5days for it to return to pick up location. Now its over 5days now,i have not receive email or text from tlscontact that my Application is ready. Can i go tomorrow to check? or i need to wait till they contact me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:24am On Jan 07, 2016
Benjamite01:
Sir/Ma, I will like to get an experienced person to answer my question. I submitted and Application on the 10th of December and i got a Message from Sheffield on the 29th of december that Decision has me Made.that i should wait for 3 to 5days for it to return to pick up location. Now its over 5days now,i have not receive email or text from tlscontact that my Application is ready. Can i go tomorrow to check? or i need to wait till they contact me?

Except you're close to the office, I'll advise you contact them through their website to ascertain if your package is ready for pick up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by travelpoint: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2016
worry359:

The MOST important thing is to convince the V.O. that he (or both of you) will return after the visit.
Work on leave letters from job and strong ties to family or managed property.
Then have good finances for both of you.
Then prepare an itinerary of what you will be doing. (Purpose of visit details.)
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2016
travelpoint:

Thank you. Are these documents enough? Please if you know the documents I can include let me know.
Employment letter
Leave/vacation letter
Bank statement
Payslips
Receipts for hotel accommodation

Those are the most important documents needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Benjamite01: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
House please I need your advice, I was at collection center to get my application. I was surprised for the refusal to visit the UK. Please find the refusal letter in the attachment and what is your advise. Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 2:49am On Jan 08, 2016
pampem:

A decision hás been made or your visa hás been processed is same message. You will know the status when you pick up your package.
Please when did you submit your app?
I got my visa the second day i got an email from uk embassy that they have made decision on my application.Thanks bro..wish you luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 2:55am On Jan 08, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Except you're close to the office, I'll advise you contact them through their website to ascertain if your package is ready for pick up.
I will advise you to go check tls office because sometimes their system wont update it.I got my passport the second day i got the mail from UKlagos office that decision has been made despite saying 2 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 3:08am On Jan 08, 2016
Benjamite01:
House please I need your advice, I was at collection center to get my application. I was surprised for the refusal to visit the UK. Please find the refusal letter in the attachment and what is your advise. Thanks
Sorry about this,is it the first time you are applying?UK sometimes needs proper calculation.I will advise you to apply again at the shortest possible time showing the evidence they requested for and in your additional information let them know you didnt inflate the your account that you have savings as well..But i think the reason you were refused was because you want to spend half of all the money in your account for just few days holiday.It doesnt make sense doing that..You should have calculated spending just about 1,000 pounds for the trip and that can make it reasonable enough.The problem with UK embassy is that they already have all the records and if you decide to alter the information..It might backfire.Maybe you seek legal advise from an immigration expert.Best of luck in your future application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 3:20am On Jan 08, 2016
akyiremlouis:

That cant be the main reason you were refused,it might be because you dont have enough money to cover your stay in UK without family or friends that would support you during your stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 3:23am On Jan 08, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

83 dollars user fee for TLS but its free if you submit directly to the british embassy in VI you will only be charged the visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 3:30am On Jan 08, 2016
yemcol:
@ frontpagelawyer, justwise and all, pls on d application form where questions was asked "if u have family and relatives,..i said Yes but I don't have their addresses and they do call once in a while with call card. So I only click yes and typed in their names and status, without putting their addresses or call number and I won't be staying with any of them either.(we are not that close)
My issue now is that d third reason for refusing my previous application was becos I did not provide any documentary evidence of the relative. I won't be staying with.(I tire ooo)
Please house how do I correct or put my statement to the ECO about this point in my new application becos I can't be providing what I don't have and I already had an hotel reserved for myself with no intention of visiting any fam.
The best thing to have done is to say you dont any relative in the Uk if you dont have their full details and provide them with your hotel reservation.or state it clearly in your additional information that they are not close relatives and you dont keep in touch with one another and they dont know about your visit since you are not staying with any of them..but its advisable to say u have no contact when you cant provide their info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by scott509: 3:37am On Jan 08, 2016
EggPlant:
If I stated in my General Visitor's visa application that I'd be staying in the U.K for 2 weeks & the 6 month visa was granted, what do I do after getting to the U.K and for some unforseen reasons, I need to extend my stay by another 2 weeks (Maybe because of impromptu rescheduling of the short course I went for). Do I have to inform the UKBA office about a change in my plans, or is it allowed since its still withing my visa validity period of 6 months?

This is urgent please, I need a quick response from from the Gurus here.
Its advisable you dont overstay your visa to avoid future refusal,its better you come back to your home country and apply for another visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pampem: 6:50am On Jan 08, 2016
scott509:
I got my visa the second day i got an email from uk embassy that they have made decision on my application.Thanks bro..wish you luck

Congrats.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:15am On Jan 08, 2016
yemcol:
@ frontpagelawyer, justwise and all, pls on d application form where questions was asked "if u have family and relatives,..i said Yes but I don't have their addresses and they do call once in a while with call card. So I only click yes and typed in their names and status, without putting their addresses or call number and I won't be staying with any of them either.(we are not that close)
My issue now is that d third reason for refusing my previous application was becos I did not provide any documentary evidence of the relative. I won't be staying with.(I tire ooo)
Please house how do I correct or put my statement to the ECO about this point in my new application becos I can't be providing what I don't have and I already had an hotel reserved for myself with no intention of visiting any fam.

You have to explain clearly that you will not be visiting them and that you don't have their physical address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Jan 08, 2016
akyiremlouis:

Was that the only reason for the refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:18am On Jan 08, 2016
Adalapretty:
Yes they can do that but do you pay that money directly into your account monthly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:22am On Jan 08, 2016
Benjamite01:

You were refused a visa because you were unable to account for that additional money in your account. Yes you stated that the money came from rent by tenants and agents but you did not back that up with any paper evidence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 7:52am On Jan 08, 2016
justwise:

You were refused a visa because you were unable to account for that additional money in your account. Yes you stated that the money came from rent by tenants and agents but you did not back that up with any paper evidence.

@justwise what sought of paper evidence could he have shown to backup the deposits into his account ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:07am On Jan 08, 2016
abnot:

@justwise what sought of paper evidence could he have shown to backup the deposits into his account ?

Rent receipts, tenancy agreement etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 9:25am On Jan 08, 2016
justwise:

Rent receipts, tenancy agreement etc

@justwise ok. But in my own case I receive a fixed amount monthly as allowance from my parents in addition to my takehome salary of 104k monthly. What evidence can I show to back the monthly deposit of 100k from my dad and 200-300k from my mum?

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.