Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524788 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alabikunlekam(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2015
Put more light to this for me justwise,I have a female friend in jamaica and her daughter is going to wed by february and am invited to be there by january,they are sending me invitation letter together with utility bills and bank statement because the person want to indicate she is the one who is going to sponsor my trip,my question now is how long does it going to take before they can issue jamaica visa because I will have to travel to abuja since jamaica embassy is not in lagos,secondly,how do you think I go through to jamaica when they issue out the visa.
Thanks justwise,advice me and I do count on you because I have read a lot of post here and I think am appreciating everything you have been respond to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Dec 19, 2015
alabikunlekam:
Put more light to this for me justwise,I have a female friend in jamaica and her daughter is going to wed by february and am invited to be there by january,they are sending me invitation letter together with utility bills and bank statement because the person want to indicate she is the one who is going to sponsor my trip,my question now is how long does it going to take before they can issue jamaica visa because I will have to travel to abuja since jamaica embassy is not in lagos,secondly,how do you think I go through to jamaica when they issue out the visa.
Thanks justwise,advice me and I do count on you because I have read a lot of post here and I think am appreciating everything you have been respond to

Take your time and go through this http://jhcnigeria.com/images/visaprocedure.pdf

http://jhcnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&Itemid=158

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alabikunlekam(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
Alright thanks justwise,I will go through it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aspenjnr: 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2015
alabikunlekam:
Alright thanks justwise,I will go through it
please bro when u get the jamaica visa please update and i learnt u will send document first before been called for visa so u can post the documents or submit in person or by email in pdf but dont include your passport so they will send it to Jamaica and when they get approval they will inform and u will call them to come for visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alabikunlekam(m): 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
aspenjnr:
please bro when u get the jamaica visa please update and i learnt u will send document first before been called for visa so u can post the documents or submit in person or by email in pdf but dont include your passport so they will send it to Jamaica and when they get approval they will inform and u will call them to come for visa
Alright bros I will do as you said and that is exactly what I read on their site
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lankywizar(m): 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2015
Hello,
I intend renewing my uk visa and also apply for a visit visa for my wife and 1 yr old son. I have previously had 6 months and 2 yrs visa that expired in august. The last time I applied for a visa I was still single. I need advise on if I should renew my visa first and subsequently put a copy in my wife and sons application, or should we apply as a group at the same time. My wife's only travel experience was our honey moon trip to dubai.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by diddy11(m): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
@frontpagelawyer further to your last mail. I Called paga customer care line to seek clarification on how to go about paying the general 2 years UK visa fee but the customer care agent informed me that their limit per transaction is 100k (this is considering that the payment for the visa is $509). When I asked him how I would make the payment once he seemed confused and didn't give me any concrete answer. How do I go about this issue. Thanks for your speedy response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ohenebakwakye: 12:05am On Dec 20, 2015
Hello family good morning pls I have a family friend who have been in UK for almost 20 years he works in a transport corporation. I want to apply for a 6 months family visa and him as a sponsor but will pay him every cost involve wanted to know my chances of getting the visa and what's the requirement for the invitation. Pls help is really urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ohenebakwakye: 12:27am On Dec 20, 2015
FrontPageLawyer and the gurus in this house pls help me out I'm a graduate and currently not working wanted to know my chances since the man will sponsor my everything my stay, feeding health insurance that's he is using his documents to cover me in UK but I will pay him back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by APFM(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2015
APFM:
@frontpagelawyer @justwise

Thank you but want to know the visa type to choose for a short course that lasts on 6 weeks.

I am confused at the types

Business (academic)
Study - Non Point based - 6mnths

Which is the right one before starting my application?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kwekugh: 9:16am On Dec 20, 2015
kwekugh:
Good day nairalanders,I am a national service personnel applying for family visit.I am stuck and need help in filling my current status in the employment part.please should I select student(non)working or student(workingl.).your view is urgently needed.
please justwise answer my post
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=APFM post=41168754][/quote]

Study - non point based.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hi Justwise, frontpagelawyer & everyone. I have read through the thread from the beginning but didnt find any scenario exactly similar to mine. I need sincere advice on my U.K visa application. I intend to travel to the Manchester in June next year for a U.K medical licencing exam called PLAB 2. I have been planning towards this trip, so I decided to join a monthly contribution of 200k in my office and it'll be my turn to collect by the end on February, 2016 & it'll amount to 2 million. I intend to leave this money untouched in my salary account and apply for the visa in May for my exam in June. I'll be sponsoring myself entirely and have nobody in the U.K.

I read that one needs to produce a 6 month account statement as part of the visa application documents, don't you think in my case, this my plan will look like a lodgement? How do you advice I preceed with building my account? or does the 2 mil have to be in my account for entire 6months before applying for visa?

I have been a government worker for about 2 years with a regular income but no savings. I'm married, wife earns about 50k monthly and takes care of some petty domestic affairs, while i take care of big things like rent, car etc. I intend to travel with my one month annual leave next year June, no prior travel history. I have about 1 million in my pension account, the exam body in the U.K will also be sending me a booking confirmation of the test/invitation for the exam.

Experts please, I need tutoring on how best to approach this. I still have enough time to plan and want my application to be perfect when I'm submitting it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by APFM(m): 1:20am On Dec 21, 2015
salsera:

Study - non point based.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 11:33am On Dec 21, 2015
My people,please i need your help on step by step on how to do booking on KLM and the printout.Its urgent.Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lankywizar(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hello Justwise n Gurus in the house. Need ur advise pls on the below subject

lankywizar:
Hello,
I intend renewing my uk visa and also apply for a visit visa for my wife and 1 yr old son. I have previously had 6 months and 2 yrs visa that expired in august. The last time I applied for a visa I was still single. I need advise on if I should renew my visa first and subsequently put a copy in my wife and sons application, or should we apply as a group at the same time. My wife's only travel experience was our honey moon trip to dubai.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
tease2lick:
Hi Justwise, frontpagelawyer & everyone. I have read through the thread from the beginning but didnt find any scenario exactly similar to mine. I need sincere advice on my U.K visa application. I intend to travel to the Manchester in June next year for a U.K medical licencing exam called PLAB 2. I have been planning towards this trip, so I decided to join a monthly contribution of 200k in my office and it'll be my turn to collect by the end on February, 2016 & it'll amount to 2 million. I intend to leave this money untouched in my salary account and apply for the visa in May for my exam in June. I'll be sponsoring myself entirely and have nobody in the U.K.

I read that one needs to produce a 6 month account statement as part of the visa application documents, don't you think in my case, this my plan will look like a lodgement? How do you advice I preceed with building my account? or does the 2 mil have to be in my account for entire 6months before applying for visa?

I have been a government worker for about 2 years with a regular income but no savings. I'm married, wife earns about 50k monthly and takes care of some petty domestic affairs, while i take care of big things like rent, car etc. I intend to travel with my one month annual leave next year June, no prior travel history. I have about 1 million in my pension account, the exam body in the U.K will also be sending me a booking confirmation of the test/invitation for the exam.

Experts please, I need tutoring on how best to approach this. I still have enough time to plan and want my application to be perfect when I'm submitting it.

Thanks in advance.

Do not transfer the N2 million to your salary account, except you have legal documents from the contribution. The ECO wants to see evidence/proof of all in flows in your account which must come from a verifiable source otherwise your application will be refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ohenebakwakye:
Hello family good morning pls I have a family friend who have been in UK for almost 20 years he works in a transport corporation. I want to apply for a 6 months family visa and him as a sponsor but will pay him every cost involve wanted to know my chances of getting the visa and what's the requirement for the invitation. Pls help is really urgent

Apparently, your plan is to migrate to the UK with a visiting visa, but bear in mind that without sufficient and convincing home ties, your application won't fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
lankywizar:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

You can apply for the whole family if you're financially capable to sponsor the trip. Do a family budget for flight, accommodation, transportation, feeding etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by novicee(m): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2015
Portsmouth, justwise, oreskid et all. Pls guys I have noticed on the Tls website for 3 days now that when I login, I don't see the track my app link on the top left corner anymore. I don't know if this is an issue on their platform or do I have to call them and if I do need to call them, can I get any contact phone number please and thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kwekugh: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2015
novicee:
Portsmouth, justwise, oreskid et all. Pls guys I have noticed on the Tls website for 3 days now that when I login, I don't see the track my app link on the top left corner anymore. I don't know if this is an issue on their platform or do I have to call them and if I do need to call them, can I get any contact phone number please and thanks in anticipation.
they are upgrading their system but you will get notification when your document are ready for collection

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by teewhy3(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hi guys.

I need your help. I applied for a UK tourist visa , I was issued the visa. But while completing the application, they ask if I was travelling with anybody, I said NO. Reason being that they did not grant my wife leave at work for that period. But her boss later informed her that she can proceed on leave. Now she is considering travelling with me and my 2 kids who already have UK visas.

My question is, Hope I wont be questioned about this at POE on arrival. I intend booking hotel that will accommodate myself and the family for the period of our stay. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
teewhy3:
Hi guys.

I need your help. I applied for a UK tourist visa , I was issued the visa. But while completing the application, they ask if I was travelling with anybody, I said NO. Reason being that they did not grant my wife leave at work for that period. But her boss later informed her that she can proceed on leave. Now she is considering travelling with me and my 2 kids who already have UK visas.

My question is, Hope I wont be questioned about this at POE on arrival. I intend booking hotel that will accommodate myself and the family for the period of our stay. Thanks

That shouldn't be a problem my broda. If you're queried at POE, explain to the officer the same way you did here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trapezius: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello justwise and d gurus in d house...pls I have been aving issues trying to submit my tourist visa application online. I get stuck at d point where am suppose to pick date, d dropdown ll nt drop anything down for me to pick. N wen I try to click on next it will not proceed. Pls wot do I do...and I don't really understand d relationship between Visa online application and the TLScontact tin. Pls kindly put me through.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by I2015: 2:57am On Dec 23, 2015
Hello house, please I have a little problem, got a mail since the 18th of December that decision has been taken on my visa application,I cannot track on the tls website and I have not gotten a mail on Collection. I am presently in a dilemma. My travel date is in 2 days...... What do I do ? Is there something that I can do or a number to call to find out if its ready but not sorted...... I'm in a confused state right now...... Your valuable expertise is really needed Now..... Cannot think of anything but this....... Honest suggestions required. .....Thanks...... Is there a number I can call.......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by I2015: 2:59am On Dec 23, 2015
I2015:
Hello house, please I have a little problem, got a mail since the 18th of December that decision has been taken on my visa application,I cannot track on the tls website and I have not gotten a mail on Collection. I am presently in a dilemma. My travel date is in 2 days...... What do I do ? Is there something that I can do or a number to call to find out if its ready but not sorted...... I'm in a confused state right now...... Your valuable expertise is really needed Now..... Cannot think of anything but this....... Honest suggestions required. .....Thanks...... Is there a number I can call.......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:45am On Dec 23, 2015
I2015:

There seems to be a worldwide issue on the TLS site with the tracking, I also don't have the tracking option at the moment.

It usually takes 5/7 working days to be returned to the VAC, if you are near the VAC I would suggest just popping in to see if its there, Unless you have opted for a courier, then I wouldn't know what you would need to do, I'm sure someone will elaborate on the issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Do not transfer the N2 million to your salary account, except you have legal documents from the contribution. The ECO wants to see evidence/proof of all in flows in your account which must come from a verifiable source otherwise your application will be refused.
Thank you sir. You have told me what I should not do but you didnt tell me what I can do in my situation for a succesful application considering i ought to travel for the exam by June.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
tease2lick:
Thank you sir. You have told me what I should not do but you didnt tell me what I can do in my situation for a succesful application considering i ought to travel for the exam by June.

Transferring the N2 million into your bank account is not totally out of place, but for the proof of funds to be a valid document, it must come from a verifiable source, therefore a legal document prepared by a lawyer "contribution agreement" that sets out the conditions in the monthly contribution is an important element.

The contribution agreement must Identify all parties to the agreement, including monthly beneficiaries and disbursement arrangement at the end of every month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by trapezius: 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Please house...i made a mistake with my UKVI Visa Application Center. While i was filling my visa application, i think i mistakenly clicked on the UKVI Visa Application site even before i concluded my Visa application proper. So i think i clicked on Abuja and registered my GWF...but by the time i completed my visa online application, i then realized the need for the UKVI Visa Application Center registration. My preferred center is Victoria Island, Lagos...but the moment i clicked done, there was a pop that an application has already been registered with the same GWF number / Application Reference Number. I suspected i must have queued my stuff under Abuja...i couldn't complete the Register at Commercial Partner part. Please how do i correct this...and what is the implication on my visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
trapezius:
Please house...i made a mistake with my UKVI Visa Application Center. While i was filling my visa application, i think i mistakenly clicked on the UKVI Visa Application site even before i concluded my Visa application proper. So i think i clicked on Abuja and registered my GWF...but by the time i completed my visa online application, i then realized the need for the UKVI Visa Application Center registration. My preferred center is Victoria Island, Lagos...but the moment i clicked done, there was a pop that an application has already been registered with the same GWF number / Application Reference Number. I suspected i must have queued my stuff under Abuja...i couldn't complete the Register at Commercial Partner part. Please how do i correct this...and what is the implication on my visa application?

Have you made payment for the visa application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.