Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532093 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
MamaGiovanni:
@gazalito @bogolobango

I applied for a business visa for plab exam

I submitted the following documents:

Reason for travelling:
- short cover letter explaining why I need to travel to write the exam-plab 2 is done only in the UK. No other place.

- email from the body inviting me for professional exam
- email congratulating me for previous step exam pass taken here in Nigeria
- educational certificates (ielts, university degree certificate, certificate of registration with professional body in Nigeria, nysc certificate)

Finances.
I sponsored myself. So I submitted :
-Letter of introduction from my employer stating my position, start date of job, salary after tax and any bonuses entitled to, duration of leave , reason for leave, date of resumption at work
- 6 months salary slips
- 6 months bank statement. Only credits came from my salary to avoid unnecessary explanations. I put all my savings in my salary account prior to the 6 months to avoid unnecessary explanations too. So I presented only one bank account .

Previous travel history.

I had been to the UK about 5 yrs ago on a student visa for a short course, so I submitted the certificate issued to me after the course.
- photocopy of previous passport with the tier 4 UK visa issued then. And the bio data page
- I also visited the UAE with my husband a few years ago, so I also put a phocopy of the stamps on my previous passport and the bio data page.

Domestic ties back home.
In my cover letter I explained that I was able to save a lot of my salary over the past few years because my hubby was the main breadwinner of the family who took care of our family expenses.

- marriage certificate
- wedding pictures
-children's birth certificate
- 3 family pictures of hubby, me and kids
- photocopy of my husband's international passports bio data page
- letter of introduction from hubby's employer stating his salary for past 6 months, position, duration of employment
- hubby's bank statement for 6 months (he had some unexplained credits less than 100k here and there, but since he was not my sponsor, we didn't explain it)
- hubby's land documents
- consent letter from hubby stating he'll be with the kids while I travel

Evidence of home
- tenancy agreement in hubby's name
-rent receipt paid by hubby

Itinerary.
- I booked a cheap hostel (all female room) for £55.5 for 3 days
- I booked a provisional flight ticket with Klm, cost £541. I wrote in my cover letter that I'll pay once my visa is granted.

Total budget for trip was £760. Duration of stay: 3 nights

My salary is N140k. My budget was almost 3 x my salary but I had x 4 of my budget in my salary account.

I hope this helps someone esp doctors applying for visa for plab exam.

congrats to you. I wanted to ask if you included tax clearance with your application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
dilodavid:
congrats to you. I wanted to ask if you included tax clearance with your application.

No I didn't. The payslips I got from my employer showed tax deductions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
MamaGiovanni:

No I didn't. The payslips I got from my employer showed tax deductions.
Okay. Enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sutelk: 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
mumynoella:
Please i need help with tracking my uk naric application, anyone with experiences with them? I submitted my docs on the 26th of march and they updated on my page that the assesment was completed on the 4th of april, since then i have not heard from them. How does one track the the transit of docs without a tracking number?
Besides i used international signed for , pls i am just confused
Hmm, hope you don't need this urgently. I'm in the same boat but my saving grace is that I did IELTS and expecting my result 20/04/18
Mine was completed 14/03/18, arrived Heathrow 15/03/18, on its way to Lagos 16/03/18 and I'm yet to receive it as at 12/04/18 despite the fact that I used international signed for and used my office address, where you can meet someone to receive it 24/7. I guess the delay can be attributed to the Nigerian postal services and I have no idea how to track it within Nigeria.
Me I've given up on them, I'm just waiting for my IELTS results so I can begin my visa application, a colleague of mine also told me hers arrived after she had gotten her visa and left the country.
Maybe a lesson for those who intend to use UKNARIC is that they should apply early, let's say 6 months before planned take off considering what our postal services can do.
But if anyone knows how to track posts within Nigeria I'm also interested, so I can console myself that I didn't waste my money on UKNARIC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2018
justwise:

1. Only can answer that question.

2. Yes you have to

3. state exactly the number of days/weeks you will be staying.

4. may i should ask you..are you traveling with anybody?

Thanks so much for your response.
Considering my graduation is actually the main reason I’m applying for this visa. Is it impossible to use just my graduation invite letter. I’m worried that I might be rejected because my graduation is in July and I’m planning to travel in May. That’s why I was considering getting an invite letter from my friend aswell to submit alongside my graduation invite letter. But do you think
Just the graduation invitation would suffice please?

No I’m not travelling with anybody. My dad and siblings would be coming much later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
dilodavid:
If you’re self employed you must include tax clearance, if you’re not self employed no need because it’s deducted every month by your employer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Neme20: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
Neme20:
I applied for UK visa, I chose Victoria Island as my appointment venue, I've also made the payment but I just printed the document and saw Abuja as the issuing office, pls does it mean I paid at the wrong venue or is Abuja the issuing office for all applications made in Nigeria.
pls ur response is needed because I'm confused right now
please I need response on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wxyz1: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
Please, i want to find out how they count the 15 working days within which Visa officer takes decision on one application, is it from the day you go for biometrics or from the day you receive email from UKVL indicating the receipt of your document. i am asking to know when to expect my package. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by almaj: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
[/color][color=#006600][/color]
Thatfiyahgirl:

[color=#550000]

Considering my graduation is actually the main reason I’m applying for this visa. Is it impossible to use just my graduation invite letter. I’m worried that I might be rejected because my graduation is in July and I’m planning to travel in May. That’s why I was considering getting an invite letter from my friend aswell to submit alongside my graduation invite letter. But do you think

No I’m not travelling with anybody. My dad and siblings would be coming much later.

From experience, you can apply now and travel as many times as you want but with the visa validity period and if it's multiple visa you are given.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wintorious: 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hello pals I am new here and I really want to know how to apply for a UK VISA I only found the part 3 can some pls help with part 1&2?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nsiehi: 11:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
At Ogas Justwise, Ekpotek and other gurus in the house, please I need your advice on.my rejection letter.
I submitted my application on the 24th of January, did biometrics on the 27th of January, got a message to pick up my passport on the 12th of February. I picked up my passport with a rejection letter enclosed. Reasons for rejection are as stated in the attached rejection letter.

Documents submitted:

Filled application form
Cover letter detailing itinerary
Bank statement of account with an equivalent of a little over £17,000
Last 6 months payslip
Hotel booking
Flight booking
Employer reference letter.

I am single, I wanted to have an 8-day vacation in London.
Please where did I go wrong?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
chloe00:

If you’re self employed you must include tax clearance, if you’re not self employed no need because it’s deducted every month by your employer

Including young businesses? Good evening Chloe....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
wintorious:
Hello pals I am new here and I really want to know how to apply for a UK VISA I only found the part 3 can some pls help with part 1&2?

Go to page 0 of this thread, the link is right there in the very first post....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 13, 2018
chloe00:

Thanks a lot. Sent u a pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Including young businesses? Good evening Chloe....
Yes including , they take that tax clearance thing very personally in the Uk, My mom got refused for that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2018
Good morning justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus in the house. Please I need this information for my sister. My sister went to the UK as a Tier 2 Minister of Religion migrant in 2012. She came back to Nigeria because her sponsor's license was revoked and couldn't renew her visa, she didn't overstay. She just got a new job as a Minister of Religion migrant and she want to apply for the visa. The question is this. Did she still have to send her degree certificate to UKNARIC for evaluation inorder to meet the English language requirements or she doesn't need to. Because she said she read it somewhere in the guidance that whoever has been in the UK as a Tier 2 migrant in their PREVIOUS GRANT OF LEAVE will be awarded 10 points automatically for English language. Please we just want to be sure so she won't submit an invalid application. Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:34am On Apr 13, 2018
alert20:
@justwise @ekpotek @every gurus

pls is it a must you submit salary payslips?
can't someone submit bank statement alone

I meant no offense just wanna know if it's compulsory to submit both..

I don't think its a must to submit both but submitting both strengthens your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2018
Thatfiyahgirl:

Graduation can be a sole reason for traveling but traveling in May for July graduation is really questionable.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2018
wxyz1:
Please, i want to find out how they count the 15 working days within which Visa officer takes decision on one application, is it from the day you go for biometrics or from the day you receive email from UKVL indicating the receipt of your document. i am asking to know when to expect my package. Thanks in anticipation.

That is the possible answer to your question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Nsiehi:
At Ogas Justwise, Ekpotek and other gurus in the house, please I need your advice on.my rejection letter.
I submitted my application on the 24th of January, did biometrics on the 27th of January, got a message to pick up my passport on the 12th of February. I picked up my passport with a rejection letter enclosed. Reasons for rejection are as stated in the attached rejection letter.

Documents submitted:

Filled application form
Last 6 months payslip
Hotel booking
Flight booking

I found it strange that you are willing to spend more than 2months of your salary in 8days in the UK, if you are a frequent traveler or a business man then i can understand the thinking behind the trip but as a first time traveler it doesn't add up to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Apr 13, 2018
buddiemm:
Good morning justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus in the house. Please I need this information for my sister. My sister went to the UK as a Tier 2 Minister of Religion migrant in 2012. She came back to Nigeria because her sponsor's license was revoked and couldn't renew her visa, she didn't overstay. She just got a new job as a Minister of Religion migrant and she want to apply for the visa. The question is this. Did she still have to send her degree certificate to UKNARIC for evaluation inorder to meet the English language requirements or she doesn't need to. Because she said she read it somewhere in the guidance that whoever has been in the UK as a Tier 2 migrant in their PREVIOUS GRANT OF LEAVE will be awarded 10 points automatically for English language. Please we just want to be sure so she won't submit an invalid application. Thank you all.

Read part 6 Tier 2 Policy Guidance (Version 0/2018) PART 6: POINTS AVAILABLE FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/673762/Tier_2_Policy_Guidance_01_2018__2_.pdf

section 147 especially answers your question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smallbuhmighty: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2018
Good morning, Please help out here, can't really get the meaning of this
a friend applied for UK visa, submitted his applications three weeks ago and he was sent the mail below.

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection"

Kind Regards,

What exactly does this mail insinuates? is he going to be denied? pls help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 11:49am On Apr 13, 2018
sutelk:

Hmm, hope you don't need this urgently. I'm in the same boat but my saving grace is that I did IELTS and expecting my result 20/04/18
Mine was completed 14/03/18, arrived Heathrow 15/03/18, on its way to Lagos 16/03/18 and I'm yet to receive it as at 12/04/18 despite the fact that I used international signed for and used my office address, where you can meet someone to receive it 24/7. I guess the delay can be attributed to the Nigerian postal services and I have no idea how to track it within Nigeria.
Me I've given up on them, I'm just waiting for my IELTS results so I can begin my visa application, a colleague of mine also told me hers arrived after she had gotten her visa and left the country.
Maybe a lesson for those who intend to use UKNARIC is that they should apply early, let's say 6 months before planned take off considering what our postal services can do.
But if anyone knows how to track posts within Nigeria I'm also interested, so I can console myself that I didn't waste my money on UKNARIC.

i used UKNARIC
track it on nipost's website
it's reliable...yes internationally signed for...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kesx(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good day Justwise, ekpotek and all other gurus in the house, what do you advise I do at this stage?

I applied for a 6month visit visa to attend my brother's convocation coming up on the 18th of April , I submitted the online application on the 10th of march, I had my biometrics on the 14th of march, I got a mail from UKVI acknowledging receiving my application on the 22nd of march.

Till this moment UKVI is yet to make a decision, it been over 20 working days since I had my biometrics. The convocation is just 5days away.

Is this delay a ploy to refuse me? Do you advise I contact them? If yes, which medium is best to reach them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
kesx:
Good day Justwise, ekpotek and all other gurus in the house, what do you advise I do at this stage?

I applied for a 6month visit visa to attend my brother's convocation coming up on the 18th of April , I submitted the online application on the 10th of march, I had my biometrics on the 14th of march, I got a mail from UKVI acknowledging receiving my application on the 22nd of march.

Till this moment UKVI is yet to make a decision, it been over 20 working days since I had my biometrics. The convocation is just 5days away.

Is this delay a ploy to refuse me? Do you advise I contact them? If yes, which medium is best to reach them?

in lagos? take the letter (print out the email you got) and go to TLS...say you have come to pick up your passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kesx(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
reflx:

in lagos? take the letter (print out the email you got) and go to TLS...say you have come to pick up your passport

Yes,ikeja TLS. Will I be attended to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
buddiemm:
Good morning justwise, Ekpotek and all other gurus in the house. Please I need this information for my sister. My sister went to the UK as a Tier 2 Minister of Religion migrant in 2012. She came back to Nigeria because her sponsor's license was revoked and couldn't renew her visa, she didn't overstay. She just got a new job as a Minister of Religion migrant and she want to apply for the visa. The question is this. Did she still have to send her degree certificate to UKNARIC for evaluation inorder to meet the English language requirements or she doesn't need to. [b]Because she said she read it somewhere in the guidance that whoever has been in the UK as a Tier 2 migrant in their PREVIOUS GRANT OF LEAVE will be awarded 10 points automatically for English language. [/b]Please we just want to be sure so she won't submit an invalid application. Thank you all.

Yes that’s true. Read section of 150 of the link on english language requirement posted by Justwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nsiehi:

Documents submitted:

Filled application form
Last 6 months payslip
Hotel booking
Flight booking

The ECO did not believe your travel purpose as a tourist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by reflx(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
kesx:

Yes,ikeja TLS. Will I be attended to?

YES..DRESS SMART...say you're here for pick up...i mean't if you stay in lagos?...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thatfiyahgirl:

You can apply now but restrict your purpose of travel to the graduation if you have an invitation. Normally the visa date start counting on the day a decision is made. So getting a visa issued this month will last till September. If you are issued the visa, and you want to travel early, you are free, but be ready to answer any question at might arise at POE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thanks Prof. However, can paste my bank statement for you to analyse and advise further here?
justwise:

I answered this question in my last post, there is nothing like amount to have in account that will get you a visa.

You need to draw a budget of the trip and attach that to your visa application or write it out in your application form using the blank space.

Since your host will be taking care of accommodation and feeding you need to get tenancy agreement or mortgage papers from him to support your application and also an invitation letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
smallbuhmighty:
Good morning, Please help out here, can't really get the meaning of this
a friend applied for UK visa, submitted his applications three weeks ago and he was sent the mail below.

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection"

Kind Regards,

What exactly does this mail insinuates? is he going to be denied? pls help out

The email is generic and means nothing. Just wait for the decision email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.