Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532050 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
Got my visa on few days ago. 6months multiple entry.

@justwise and many others,too numerous to mention, thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
Everything on point especially #7. No need to bring visiting your cousin into the application in order not to unnecessarily complicate things with getting his utility and other documents. Just acknowledge that you have a relation(s) in the UK as the case may be.
#5 from my experience, if you are attending a paid event, the embassy would expect you to pay your registration fees and get confirmation of same. First time I applied for a UK visa, the organizers (BCS) issued letters to all authors of accepted abstracts to quickly facilitate our visa processing, but the embassy contacted me some days after submission to VFS requesting that I pay the conference fee and scan and send the confirmation of payment to a designated email. I doubt if the organizers would even issue you a visa invitation letter unless you pay the required fees -these Europeans like money pass anything.

ekpotek:

1. You need up six months of employment and pay slips. If you have that you’re okay.
2. No. it will only count if you provide evidences of previous employment and explain why you left in a cover letter or additional information section.
3. Yes
4. No need, if your current employer is deducting tax and is reflected in your pay slip. It’s not your fault, if your previous employer was not remitting your tax.
5. You can pay if you are sure of getting a refund if your visa is not granted.
6. Not enough as you must include your dorm bank account to show the ECO that you have enough funding for the course and stay in the UK. The ECO will also be interested in sources of funding of your dorm account, so be ready to explain this in a cover letter.
7. Yes if you plan to stay with him. He will also need to send you his utility bill as proof of address, and biodata of his passport. If you have no plan to staying with him, then you do not need any invitation. But disclose your cousin in your application as someone you know in the UK. I would advise that you leave visiting your cousin and just go for your course. The visa is 6 months multiple entry, you can always use visa to visit your cousin before the visa expired. Or visit him without necessarily bringing him into the application.
8. Yes it will matters, the ECO will need to be satisfied why your choice of UK and not another country for such a course. With on travel history, the ECO will need solid convincing that this course is important to you and your career. A letter of support from your company or the course organizer will be required here.
9. Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, family photos etc to show relationship and family life.
10. C of O, Land survey document, building permits, NEPA and Water bills in your name.

Feel free to ask questions as we are all here to help each other.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
phinajoe:

Congratulations!!!

Does it mean you can travel any moment from now?
Thank you. Yes I can travel anytime now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
buddiemm:

When she went to the UK in 2012 as a Tier 2 minister of religion migrant, the law doesn't say they should send their certificates to UKNARIC for assessment. She only submitted her degree certificate and English language proficiency letter from the university she graduated from to the embassy and her visa was issued. But now it requires sending your certificate to UKNARIC for assessment before submitting your visa application. We now read on section 164 of the Tier 2 guidance that points will be automatically awsrded for English language if u had previous grant of leave on Tier 2. That is what we want to be cleared of if she won't need to send her certificate again to UKNARIC. Thanks
Justwise, Ekpotek please respond to my question. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
radwad:
Got my visa on few days ago. 6months multiple entry.

@justwise and many others,too numerous to mention, thank you so much

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
melochic:

[b]No one answered my last question here. [/b]Anyway here is my timeline. angry

9th March - online application submitted
13th March - biometrics at TLS Ikeja
20 March - Sheffield visa office acknowledgement mail
9th of April _ TLS passport ready for collection mail
10th April - Passport collected visa granted.

Grateful to you all and Almighty God. tongue grin

Congratulations!! From your profile and posts, you have good travel history and have in the past issued a 2 years UK family visa and UK transit visa. So you should be fairly conversant with UK visa application, maybe that is why your post was not answered or maybe no one could offers a response. So you do not need to be feel bad. Any once again congratulations and enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
phinajoe:

I don't understand, does it mean that if I apply on the 20th of April, and I am approved before next month.. I can't travel till 19th July?

The visa is valid for the duration on the visa sticker. You can travel the very next day you got your visa. However be ready to answer questions at POE if you travel earlier than stated in your visa application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Notes: 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2018
Thanks Justwise, ekpotek and Fcisca. I have noted your coments especially on #6 and 7. I will get back to you when I gather all docs. Thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
buddiemm:

Justwise, Ekpotek please respond to my question. Thanks

I answered your question but you ignored it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
Notes:
Thanks Justwise, ekpotek and Fcisca. I have noted your coments especially on #6 and 7. I will get back to you when I gather all docs. Thanks so much.

No problem, all the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2018
mamateniola1:
Hi. Yea. Travelling in May. Tnx for checking

alright congrats...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aquaman84: 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
@ekpotek please assist with this...

I was informed that a person must've worked at least a year in a company before applying for UK visa?? I've been in my previous company 5years plus with crappy pay, got lucky and got a new job through leg of course. I left my old job February 1st week, started my new job second week of February and was given 3months probation which will be completed first week in May, send my application end of May and I'd apply for leave July and travel if all goes well. So this means automatic rejection??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by buddiemm: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2018
justwise:

I answered your question but you ignored it.
Good morning Justwise. I didn't ignore your answer to my question please. I read the section 146 in the guidance but it didn't answer my question. Kindly check section 164 of the guidance to understand what am saying please. What happen is that my sister submitted English language proficiency letter from her university and the degree certificate to meet English proficiency in 2012 when she went to UK as minister of religion migrant. She want to reapply afresh for entry clearance from Nigeria and the new law says they should send their certificate to UKNARIC for assessment. But in section 164 of the guidance they stated that points will be awarded automatically for people that had PREVIOUS GRANT OF LEAVE on Tier 2 visa. So I want to know if she wouldn't need to send her certificate to UKNARIC again for assessment once she had once been to the UK as a Tier 2 minister of religion migrant. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 16, 2018
ekpotek:

Congratulations!! From your profile and posts, you have good travel history and have in the past issued a 2 years UK family visa and UK transit visa. So you should be fairly conversant with UK visa application, maybe that is why your post was not answered or maybe no one could offers a response. So you do not need to be feel bad. Any once again congratulations and enjoy your trip.

Thank you Ekpotek.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nunaija: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Hello Good People.

Has anyone used the Priority Visa Service of Teleperformance before? I can see that the embassy also have its own priority service. Do I need to pay for both Teleperformance and UK embassy Priority Visa Service or just teleperformance Priority Visa Service?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by giftwalter: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
hello gurus in the house, we have a little cooperative in our office where staffs save money, my saving for the past 8 months have just been paid into my account, the money doesn't come from my company account, it's from one of our staffs.

How can I legitimately declare this money as mine without the embassy thinking I borrowed it just to prove I have funds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=Amolad111 post=65395898][/quote]

@Epoteck and Justwise,

I just picked up my family passports but we were refused on the ground that my in laws who invited us did not show any documents that we are related.

Also, the ECO stated that the proposed fund for the trip is 1.3m as against 715k stated in the application form.

The total amount in my account is 1.3M.

My in-laws intend to appeal the decision from UK. Will this suffice? And what's the way forward?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
Please kindly help...

I am inviting my mum to visit me in the UK to see our new son. She is in her 50's.and she has visited once before about 7 years ago.

She is a house wife but I send her monthly stipends 50k monthly and my dad is a retired business man (in his early 70's) (who I send monthly stipends to as well with documentation to proof this)

I am sponsoring the entire trip and will provide the following:

1. My mortgage statement,
2. bank account showing enough funds for the trip,
3. Invitation letter
4. payslip from my job
5. Document showing monthly stipend transfer (western union)

There are two issues that I need clarification on:

1. They live in a rented apartment for now which I pay for yearly (I have proof to show transfer of funds to pay rent for last year 2017)

However, the Landlord (who is an auto-mechanic) uses receipts of his autobusiness to write a rent receipt for the past two years for their rent.

Is it suitable for me to include these exact rent receipts (past two years) in their application with a letter from the landlord stating that he use his auto-shop business receipt to show that he collect payments?

I say this as this is not an official rent receipt as he is a private landlord. unfortunately, they are not able to locate the original rent agreement from ages ago.

Previous payment for rent from other years except last two years has been done in cash in hand as the landlord is cordial with my parents.

2. Also, how can I prove that my mum have family ties. is it sufficient for my dad to write a letter giving permission for my mum to travel (with a photocopy of his passport data page) alongside with their bank statements showing funds i send to them monthly?

Note: No, they don't have any pension documents or salary income from other official sources apart from the ones i send to them monthly and they can provide bank statement showing that they receive this stipends from me monthly.

Do kindly advise on this please. thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by grafixdon: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
justwise:

Congratulations!
Hello Mr. Justwise, how can I get your contact?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
Amolad111:

@Epoteck and Justwise,

I just picked up my family passports but we were refused on the ground that my in laws who invited us did not show any documents that we are related.

Also, the ECO stated that the proposed fund for the trip is 1.3m as against 715k stated in the application form.

My in-laws intend to appeal the decision from UK. Will this suffice? And what's the way forward?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=Amolad111 post=66767500][/quote]

I have attached the refusal letter. However, the ECO stated that I planned spending 1.3M but my application form showed 715K. How do I correct this?

Also, my sponsors happened to be my wife's sister and her hubby. What documents should they send to show that we're related?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
giftwalter:
hello gurus in the house, we have a little cooperative in our office where staffs save money, my saving for the past 8 months have just been paid into my account, the money doesn't come from my company account, it's from one of our staffs.

How can I legitimately declare this money as mine without the embassy thinking I borrowed it just to prove I have funds?

Explain exactly where the money came from, there is no other way to explain it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
edmasta01:
Please kindly help...

I am inviting my mum to visit me in the UK to see our new son. She is in her 50's.and she has visited once before about 7 years ago.

She is a house wife but I send her monthly stipends 50k monthly and my dad is a retired business man (in his early 70's) (who I send monthly stipends to as well with documentation to proof this)

I am sponsoring the entire trip and will provide the following:

1. My mortgage statement,
2. bank account showing enough funds for the trip,
3. Invitation letter
4. payslip from my job
5. Document showing monthly stipend transfer (western union)

There are two issues that I need clarification on:

1. They live in a rented apartment for now which I pay for yearly (I have proof to show transfer of funds to pay rent for last year 2017)

However, the Landlord (who is an auto-mechanic) uses receipts of his autobusiness to write a rent receipt for the past two years for their rent.

Is it suitable for me to include these exact rent receipts (past two years) in their application with a letter from the landlord stating that he use his auto-shop business receipt to show that he collect payments?

I say this as this is not an official rent receipt as he is a private landlord. unfortunately, they are not able to locate the original rent agreement from ages ago.

Previous payment for rent from other years except last two years has been done in cash in hand as the landlord is cordial with my parents.

2. Also, how can I prove that my mum have family ties. is it sufficient for my dad to write a letter giving permission for my mum to travel (with a photocopy of his passport data page) alongside with their bank statements showing funds i send to them monthly?

Note: No, they don't have any pension documents or salary income from other official sources apart from the ones i send to them monthly and they can provide bank statement showing that they receive this stipends from me monthly.

Do kindly advise on this please. thanks.

1. You don't need to bother yourself about rent receipts the most important thing is to submit all evidence of money sent to they monthly or yearly and explain that in the form.

2, Yes that is ok,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Amolad111:

@Epoteck and Justwise,

Did you include any communication with your inlaw?

The amount you budgeted for the trip is far more than what you earn and that is a problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Amolad111:

@Justwise, please assist on my issue. I have pasted the refusal letter for advise.

I have attached the refusal letter. However, the ECO stated that I planned spending 1.3M but my application form showed 715K. How do I correct this?

Also, my sponsors happened to be my wife's sister and her hubby. What documents should they send to show that we're related?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
justwise:

1. You don't need to bother yourself about rent receipts the most important thing is to submit all evidence of money sent to they monthly or yearly and explain that in the form.

2, Yes that is ok,

Thanks very much justwise. I was thinking of putting the rent receipts to show that they have ties at home. I checked online on how to prove ties back to home country and the list includes:

1. Proof of residence
2. Source of income e.g. from business or job
3. Investment e.g. landed property.

My dad has been refused once before and was denied because we couldn't proof "ties" to the home country despite that I provide documents to show that I am funding the entire trip (although i didn't put the monthly stipends i send to them monthly via western union as proof).

Kindly advise further. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
giftwalter:

Explain the general concept of co-op. Then highlight all the deductions from your account. Do a summary of how it all added up to it. It's what I will do in your shoes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2018
Thank you for your response.

The budgeted amount is for three people(me, spouse and 1 year old boy) for 12 days.

Do I need our email correspondence or documents showing my wife's previous name and her sister previous name before change of name?(Both surname are the same). They have agreed to send the documents to me showing the wife's previous name before marriage.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:31am On Apr 17, 2018
Amolad111:

Thank you for your response.

The budgeted amount is for three people(me, spouse and 1 year old boy) for 12 days.

Do I need our email correspondence or documents showing my wife's previous name and her sister previous name before change of name?(Both surname are the same). They have agreed to send the documents to me showing the wife's previous name before marriage.

Yes email correspondence, whats app chats, phone log, pictures etc, any form of communication evidence between him and you or your wife
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:36am On Apr 17, 2018
edmasta01:

Thanks very much justwise. I was thinking of putting the rent receipts to show that they have ties at home. I checked online on how to prove ties back to home country and the list includes:

1. Proof of residence
2. Source of income e.g. from business or job
3. Investment e.g. landed property.

My dad has been refused once before and was denied because we couldn't proof "ties" to the home country despite that I provide documents to show that I am funding the entire trip (although i didn't put the monthly stipends i send to them monthly via western union as proof).

Kindly advise further. Thanks

Home tie got nothing to do with rented accommodation as the property does not belong to them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by eskinol: 6:40am On Apr 17, 2018
Good day All,

I applied on march 7th against a training i have to attend next week and no decision has bee made yet. Rather i got this mail on the 26th of march.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration.  We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Please what should i do. Owning to the fact am suppose to travel by weekend. Pls i need an urgent response

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Amolad111: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2018
justwise:

Yes email correspondence, whats app chats, phone log, pictures etc, any form of communication evidence between him and you or your wife

@Justwise, thank you for your response. We have all the information stated above. The sponsors are sending their own documents showing we are related including wedding pictures with my wife as best lady, Nigerian passport with former name etc.

We want to reapply now and wants to know if we need to get another statement of account or resubmit the one earlier because it ended 12th March.

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.