Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,035 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1537885 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 12:16am On Jun 24, 2018
Endlessgrace:
I have said it before, the VO most times do not consider funds in your UK savings account when they process visa applications. To them, funds in a savings account is not readily available to you so they will only consider the balance in your current account which in this case is already in debit as stated in the letter. This i feel is the major reason why she was denied the visa.

Where do you get this from? There are everyday savings account which you can just withdraw funds from. Not all savings accounts are ISA . Also the poster or the ECO didn’t say the account is an isa.

that ECO is a nutter and have drawn up a very shabby refusal letter that doesn’t really pin point the actual reason for refusal. Yes current account is £68 debit but the savings account counters that, and shows evidence of sufficient funds. If the ECO is refusing on the grounds that the current is in debit , then should make it clearer.

These people need to know they are providing a service. And owes a paying customer some decent explanation when refusing an application.

I will encourage you to reapply. Don’t move any money to ur mum as you were advised here other that the usual upkeep money you send.

You might want to wait for your pay (salary) to clear inyo your acc and you print your statement on the sand day.

If you fancy moving money from ur savings to current abc then printing the statement cool. But I wouldn’t do that.

Make sure you address this shabby refusal. The funds in your savings should have been considered and it’s not like it wasn’t seen.

They only thing I will say is that Hume budget the trip is quite high. Half of that is very sufficient budget for that trip. All the best when you apply .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Arbitrix: 12:16am On Jun 24, 2018
opomulero:
I noticed somethings here about people that were refused, i think we should stop presenting two or more statement of accounts, its like its confusing the ECO and they will start looking at a point were you once have a very low balance to make a decision.

Just thinking aloud

I presented 3 and I got my visa. 1 salary and 2 savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 12:29am On Jun 24, 2018
edmasta01:

Thanks very much ekpotek. I mentioned that she is unemployed because she is a housewife. She does not have a job. Or am i wrong to think that being a housewife is considered a "job"?

The only source of income she gets is what I send to her account directly every month (same with dad). My dad is in his 70's and closed down his business too without any source of income.

Kindly advise.

How do I address the budget in the new application? Should i create a new budget stating only that I am paying for her travel expense?

ANy chance you can help with examples of how to deal with this please?

I am happy to present my savings account alone. But won't the ECO want o see proof of my earnings? hence why I include the current account in the first place?

Thanks for your help on this.

You are correct to state she is unemployed . Infact I really can’t fault hiw well you explained that part.

I will suggest you still include your current account . It goes with your payslips. Don’t let them catch you out there.

Just either move funds from your savings to the current or if you will be paid anytime soon , wait for that to go in and reprint. Just make sure the funds in your current is also sufficient to cover the visit.

Send in latest statement and address the money matters in your letter of invitation/sponsorship.

As per that budget. Mehn crash it. It’s too high. £1500 max is sufficient did 4 week trip including travel and subsistence. Don’t go into all those details .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blza: 12:37am On Jun 24, 2018
ekpotek:

Unemployment is only acceptable if your mother is looking for work. Home making/housewife is preferably if she is an elderly person. What was her status in her previous application in 2011? Just explain in your cover letter why your mother is unemployed.

You budget line should only be for her flight ticket and perhaps £100 for incidentals. Accommodation and feeding is free. She coming there to see her grandson, so all those expense like shopping, etc should be eliminated. Move money to you current account and re submit both current and saving accounts and explain to ECO to show you have access you saving account, you have moved £2000 to your current account. Then you can also credit your mum account with flight ticket money and £100 pocket money.Again move the fund from your savings and explain to the ECO that you doing this so that you have access to this account and she can buy her ticket from Nigeria. The ECO want so see that you have access to your saving account, so show it.

Ekpoetek no doubt you give great advice on here. But What exactly is the point with the bit in bold? Completely unnecessary. The poster is the sponsor and should be the one to prove he has sufficient funds.

The Mum has been to the UK before. I struggle to see sense with some of these refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MG2801: 1:43am On Jun 24, 2018
Hi everyone!

I’m planning to apply for my MIL to attend my wedding coming up in August. May I please ask for help from the gurus in the house to make it a successsful one? We would want her to spend about 3 weeks. We have about £5000 in our joint savings account. We will be sponsoring the trip. She’s a housewife so no constant source of income. We currently live in Leeds but the wedding will be in London so we will travelling to London closer to the date. Should I provide rental information for Leeds or London (my parents residence) with the application?

Background- my husband works full time and I’m a full time student but receive grants. I hold the British citizenship.

Questions-

What documents will be required for the application?

Who submits the documents? My MIL during the biometrics or from here in the UK?

What’s the current timeline for visit visa applications from Nigeria?

Is £5000 sufficient to cater for her trip?

Does my MIl need to show any bank statements from her side despite ours sponsoring the entire trip?

What can we include in a support letter?

Do we need to show accommodation evidence such as rental agreements?

Are copies of these documents accepted as most are here and we’re hoping to email these to her back in Nigeria?

Should I show evidence for the student grants I receive as some went towards building the savings account?

How many payslips and bank statements are required from my hubby (co-sponsor)?

Any tips or pitfalls to avoid?

I’m very sorry for a long post!

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2018
Good morning house, Happy sunday.

Please good people kindly help me with sample / format of a cover letter.

Email: ope_ng@yahoo.com

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:27am On Jun 24, 2018
blza:

Ekpoetek no doubt you give great advice on here. But What exactly is the point with the bit in bold? Completely unnecessary. The poster is the sponsor and should be the one to prove he has sufficient funds.

The Mum has been to the UK before. I struggle to see sense with some of these refusal.

The ECO considered the present economic and financial situation of the applicant which is inline with UKVI visitor visa guidance rule books, regardless of the full UK sponsorship. Hence the reference to unemployment status of the mother by the ECO

I can relate with you that some of these refusal are pathetic. However, without an option of appeal or administrative review for all categories of visitors visa, the ECOs are kings here. The onus is now on the applicant to dot the i and cross the t so as to avoid a refusal. The ECO want to see outflow from his saving account to justify immediate access, then sending ticket funds to his mother is a suggestion on my part, which the applicant can do or ignore. It is painful when you’re so sure of your application only to be refused for some flimsy reasons. Some applicants are able take UKVI up using their MP. Many others do not have this privilege and are only left with the option of reapplying (more money for UKVI) or forget the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 7:52am On Jun 24, 2018
[quote author=ekpotek post=68766555]

I can relate with you that some of these refusal are pathetic. However, without an option of appeal or administrative review for all categories of visitors visa, the ECOs are kings here. The onus is now on the applicant to dot the i and cross the t so as to avoid a refusal. The ECO want to see outflow from his saving account to justify immediate access, then sending ticket funds to his mother is a suggestion on my part, which the applicant can do or ignore. It is painful when you’re so sure of your application only to be refused for some flimsy reasons. Some applicants are able take UKVI up using their MP.

good morning boss!
pls we are all here to learn...
what is the meaning of MP u mention here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 8:21am On Jun 24, 2018
[quote author=alert20 post=68767064][/quote]

MP = Member of Parliament in the UK. An equivalent of that will be your councilor or house of assembly member where you reside. You can contact your MP to write to Home Secretary to upturn a refusal if it is unjustified. There are testimonies of inviters using this option on this forum. The inviter must be a British Citizen or hold a Permanent Residence (PR) or Indefinite leave to Remain (ILR).

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fullmoononly: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2018
Good morning Gurus in the house.

I need a clarification regarding this screenshot below. Is this where I will add other details like a cover letter in my application where I can explain certain things that may be blurry to the V.O? I had a transfer into my account and I considered it civic to explain how I came about the fund so it doesn't appear as though it was a lodgement. Or do I have to type the explanation in an A4 sheet and submit alongside my documents at the embassy?

Thanks a lot for your anticipated contributions.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:42am On Jun 24, 2018
opomulero:
Good morning house, Happy sunday.

Please good people kindly help me with sample / format of a cover letter.

Email: ope_ng@yahoo.com

Thank you.

check page 418, @Aquaman84, @realshiffu post , that is where I got my cover letter format. and I edited it to my taste...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:47am On Jun 24, 2018
ekpotek:

MP = Member of Parliament in the UK. An equivalent of that will be your councilor or house of assembly member where you reside. You can contact your MP to write to Home Secretary to upturn a refusal if it is unjustified. There are testimonies of inviters using this option on this forum. The inviter must be a British Citizen or hold a Permanent Residence (PR) or Indefinite leave to Remain (ILR).

OK boss, thanks for the enlightenment...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Diti94(f): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2018
ekpotek:

I am not familiar with application document submission in your Bleep country. In Nigeria all documents weather original or photocopied are scan to UKVI and returned to applicant on spot.
LOL. Submitted original documents. Didn't mention my location for privacy purposes. But I'm in Western Europe. Thanks for your help. I'll reapply tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2018
Thanks Bro

alert20:

check page 418, @Aquaman84, @realshiffu post , that is where I got my cover letter format. and I edited it to my taste...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
Good Afternoon NL,
please i am finding it a little bit difficult to answer the income and expenditure section of the visa application form,

It looks trickish to me, please help me out.

I am applying for me and wife and she is unemployed.

how am I going to answer the questions and what am i going to use to convert in to GBP.

Help me expantiate on the questions inbthe picture attached

Abeg no talk say my wahala is getting too much.

The fear of refusal id the beginning of asking too much questions grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Agbaletu: 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
opomulero:
Good Afternoon NL,
please i am finding it a little bit difficult to answer the income and expenditure section of the visa application form,

It looks trickish to me, please help me out.

I am applying for me and wife and she is unemployed.

how am I going to answer the questions and what am i going to use to convert in to GBP.

Abeg no talk say my wahala is getting too much.

The fear of refusal id the beginning of asking too much questions grin
https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by opomulero(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
Agbaletu:

https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Thank you, any idea about the remaining questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2018
Hello everyone, pls which is the appropriate link to apply for a uk visitors visa, I’m seeing two different links.
Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
MadameW:
Hello everyone, pls which is the appropriate link to apply for a uk visitors visa, I’m seeing two different links.
Thanks in advance

both... visa4uk & gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
ekpotek:

I advise you stick to your original travel plan. If you have any serious reason to stay beyong 10 days, declare it on your landing card and defend it at POE.
You are smart bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 7:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:
Hello All,

Someone noticed the highlighting on AN INTERVIEW WITH YOUR SPONSOR on my refusal letter.

Does this indicate an issue or its normal?

cc: ekpotek

Please I need you all kind response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:51am On Jun 25, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Please I need you all kind response.

But @Ekpotek responded to you thus na:

"Simply means that they called your sponsor to interview him about your application. Find out from your sponsor if they did call him and what was his response. If not, then it means they tried calling but did not reach him. Lesson: Your sponsor should be updated about you. My young brother visit visa was denied on the account my sister who’s British Citizen in the UK could not answer certain questions about his brother��� that she was offering to accommodate.".

Is it that you didn't see it or you need more responses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aquaman84: 11:50am On Jun 25, 2018
@justwise @ekpotek @vicjustice I must first thank you guys for my visa success, you guys hand a big hand in it. I want to ask bosses, its my first time and I'm a novice, my application states I'm spending 2weeks, if I stay 3weeks or a month is that bad? Or I should not stay more than 3weeks?

justwise:

Did you upload the refusal letter here before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
please house do i need a yellow fever card attached to my application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
ugolinze123:
please house do i need a yellow fever card attached to my application

Is it written on your checklists? No,sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
Aquaman84:
@justwise @ekpotek @vicjustice I must first thank you guys for my visa success, you guys hand a big hand in it. I want to ask bosses, its my first time and I'm a novice, my application states I'm spending 2weeks, if I stay 3weeks or a month is that bad? Or I should not stay more than 3weeks?

You can answer this question yourself. You better stay as you put in your application. Not for now but for your future application. If you tell me you are coming to my house for two days and I accepted because I see that the money you plan to use is for the two day and you decded to spend more than 2 days, I won't trust you next time. If you must stay more than 2 weeks you better indicate that at the POE. Safe trip!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by glam12: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hi epotek,
Thank you for sympathising.

It is not the case of a mistake on the form o.
I clearly stated training as my purpose of visit.
I submitted documents from the training institution as well.

I dont know how to get on from here.
is it advisable to apply again?
or Can i appeal?

Please Can you advice me?

Or can i get ur email address. perhaps we could communicate...

Thank you.

ekpotek:

Sorry for the refusal. Clearly there must be a mistake some where. Unless you have filled in your application form the purpose of visit as family visit and not to attend a training. Please check the application form you submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by PrechyJoe: 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
Good evening everyone.

So my passport came out today, and yes I was issued a visa, I posted the other day that my Mother and Younger sister also got.

I would list the documents I submitted,

I am a student, and I couldn't even get an introduction letter from my school, so I submitted

1. School ID
2. Payment receipt since I entered school
3. My school results.

I wrote a cover letter to explain that I wasn't able to get an introduction letter and that my exams were starting by August, I also gave them details to my school portal (username and password) for further enquiries.

My Father is my sponsor, for that I submitted
1. A letter he wrote introducting me and saying he would sponsor my trip(plus mum and younger sister)
2. My birth Certificate
3. Dad's land CofO
4. Dad's account statement of almost 5Million.

Our budget for the trip was about 1775pounds each person, I also booked my flight ticket before my Biometrics and submitted it.

Reason for the trip Is for my Sisters convocation, so I submitted her

1. BRP
2. Passport Data page
3. Her invite letter
4. Schools convocation letter
5. Her account statement.
6. 6months payslip

That's it for now.

After submitting I backed it up with prayers.. LoL..

I am so grateful it worked out.

Thank you so much, everyone that answered my question and everyone hat helped one way or the other.

This means a lot to me.

And my Passport is even a Virgin passport.. I have never left this country before.

I was supposed to travel today, but I just got my passport and had to shift my trip.

Thank you!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.