Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1537585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by churockng: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
health100:

thank you but I want to know what's the CUSTOMER SURVEY UK Visa is all about? I need to know please customer kindly explain, thanks

Nothing it's just a simple and harmless survey to know if u are satisfied with the services rendered or if u have not received ur passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
ekpotek:

I don’t think your minus balance or whatever will be an issue here. You have every right for your kid to join you in the UK on a dependant Tier 2 visa. The only requirement is that your kid name was listed in your tier 2 application and you have proof of parentage. The question is will the kid fly unaccompanied to the UK?

Thanks Mr Ekpotek for your prompt response, I am very grateful. His name was included on our tier 2 application and we have his original birth certificate (national population commission), marriage certificate, receipts of school fees in Nigeria, letter of introduction from his present school. We will be sending our coloured copies of brp, visa pages and our biodata pages too. I intend to go and pick him when d visa is granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
Jaydee11:

Thanks Mr Ekpotek for your prompt response, I am very grateful. His name was included on our tier 2 application and we have his original birth certificate (national population commission), marriage certificate, receipts of school fees in Nigeria, letter of introduction from his present school. We will be sending our coloured copies of brp, visa pages and our biodata pages too. I intend to go and pick him when d visa is granted.

Fine. Don’t forget to explain in your cover letter, that due to the ongoing school term, you did not apply for his visa then and now that he has competed the school term, it safe for him to come to the UK to continue his school. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by honayoplenty(m): 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
please house, how do one apply for a UK visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 8:05am On Jun 29, 2018
Good morning, pls is a budget of £1200 for me and my baby? Intend to stay with my sister in law and she included in her invitation that she will be responsible for accommodation, feeding and other logistics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Jaydee11:

You don't need to go pick him unless you have other more important things to do. He can fly unaccompanied (but use a non stop flight). Airlines have provision for that. Infact, he will be treated like a VIP as it's the airline staff that will see him through immigration at both ends which makes things even easier for you. Just be at the airport to pick him. Like i said earlier, unless you have more important things and money to spend on such a trip, it is not necessary you accompany him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KDK(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2018
ekpotek:

Fine. Don’t forget to explain in your cover letter, that due to the ongoing school term, you did not apply for his visa then and now that he has competed the school term, it safe for him to come to the UK to continue his school. Good luck.
Very apt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
Planning a week vacation to UK, below is the breakdown of my Income & Expenditure Section @Justwise and other experienced Nairalanders please i need your input:
Amount NGN Amount
1. Hotel Bookings…………………………………………………………. £170.00 NGN 79,900
2. Flight .........................................................................................£500.00 NGN 235,000
3. Transportation-oyster card…………………………………………………………. £60.00 NGN 28,200
4. Sightseeing ........................................................................ £60.00 NGN 28,200
5. Breakfast/dinner Included in Hotel. ................................................£- NGN 0
6. Lunch.................................................................. £60.00 NGN 28,200
6. Shopping ................................................................... £100.00 NGN 47,000
Total. ................................................................ £950.00 NGN 446,500

NGN GBP
Gross Salary NGN624,000 £1,328
Net Salary NGN 467,500 £995
OANDA FX Rate NGN 470

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BlessPJ: 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Help me out please.
BlessPJ:
Good people in the house please I need your kind assistance. Am a federal government worker with a salary of 138,000, and run some other personal business not with a registered company name I want to know the documents required for UK Visitor visa or Tourist. Am 8 years in the job, am married with a kid, I have the following documents:-
Appointment Letter
Letter of introduction from my office
Closing balance of 1.7m
Letters of promotion
Landed properties documents
My building plan
Annual Leave letter from my office
Health insurance
Payslips for six months
Invitation letter ( not certain)
Hotel Booking reservation
Flight booking reservation
Marriage Certificate.
Please kindly educate me if there is any other document needed to add up for the application and if not with all this document what is the percentage that my application will be granted please.
I need your kind response.
Best regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BlessPJ: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
Good people in the house please I need your kind assistance. Am a federal government worker with a salary of 138,000, and run some other personal business not with a registered company name I want to know the documents required for UK Visitor visa or Tourist. Am 8 years in the job, am married with a kid, I have the following documents:-
Appointment Letter
Closing balance of 1.7m
Letters of promotion
My building plan
Health insurance
Payslips for six months
Marriage Certificate.
Please kindly educate me if there is any other document needed to add up for the application and if not with all this document what is the percentage that my application will be granted please.
Best regards.quote author=justwise post=68865558]

I’m glad it works out for you and you have more time to build your immigration profile so don’t ruin this one.

All the very best and I hope she is the right one for you and you get a YES.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
TheExalted:
Planning a week vacation to UK, below is the breakdown of my Income & Expenditure Section @Justwise and other experienced Nairalanders please i need your input:
Amount NGN Amount
1. Hotel Bookings…………………………………………………………. £170.00 NGN 79,900
2. Flight .........................................................................................£500.00 NGN 235,000
3. Transportation-oyster card…………………………………………………………. £60.00 NGN 28,200
4. Sightseeing ........................................................................ £60.00 NGN 28,200
5. Breakfast/dinner Included in Hotel. ................................................£- NGN 0
6. Lunch.................................................................. £60.00 NGN 28,200
6. Shopping ................................................................... £100.00 NGN 47,000
Total. ................................................................ £950.00 NGN 446,500

NGN GBP
Gross Salary NGN624,000 £1,328
Net Salary NGN 467,500 £995
OANDA FX Rate NGN 470

Are you visiting London or other part of the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2018
BlessPJ:
Appointment Letter
Closing balance of 1.7m
Letters of promotion
My building plan
Health insurance
Payslips for six months
Marriage Certificate.
Best regards.

Health insurance is not necessary, what is the breakdown of your expenditure for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
Bratva:
My kid sister (age 16) was refused a visit visa, i have attached the refusal letter, please advise on the best option available.

The refusal letter is pretty clear why the visa was refused, they did not include a letter of consent from the parents and no birth certificate was included too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
glam12:
Hello Sir, @justwise
I apologise...
But what im actually asking for is an opinion/suggestion for my situation.
It clearly relates to the subject matter of the thread.

Kindly assist @justwise.

Thank you.

If you want his opinion in private why not contact him privately without posting your question here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
MadameW:
Good morning, pls is a budget of £1200 for me and my baby? Intend to stay with my sister in law and she included in her invitation that she will be responsible for accommodation, feeding and other logistics

Who is sponsoring the trip and how much does that person earn in a month?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
justwise:

Are you visiting London or other part of the UK?

Yes, London or Birmingham.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by glam12: 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
@justwise

It was a mistake.
& i apologised.

I apologise again Sir.
Please let peace reign.
God bless you.

Keep up the good work ehnnnn

Cheers!

justwise:

If you want his opinion in private why not contact him privately without posting your question here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chibbby: 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hello guys. I applied with my dad to attend my brother's graduation.
Application submitted 7/6/2018
Biometrics 7/6/2018
Message from Sheffield 18/6/2018
Message from TLS to pick up passport 29/6/2018
My dad is yet to get a decision. I didn't see the guidelines prior to this period, so there are some differences in the way the gurus here advised. It can either go 2 ways, although I hope for the best. I/ll update you guys when I get the passport. Ciao
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by BlessPJ: 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
Flight ticket 400k
Hotel 70k for two weeks
Transport within the city 40k
Feeding 50k
Little shopping 100k
Other expenses 100k
This are my break down expenditure.

justwise:

Health insurance is not necessary, what is the breakdown of your expenditure for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
TheExalted:

Yes, London or Birmingham.

Oyster card can only be used in London, if you are not married with kids then your list is ok

You need to list places you want to visit in the UK/why you are visiting the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
BlessPJ:
Flight ticket 400k
Hotel 70k for two weeks
Transport within the city 40k
Feeding 50k
Little shopping 100k
Other expenses 100k
This are my break down expenditure.

Did you research the cost of hotel in the UK before allocating 70K for hotel accommodation for 2wks? That amount is far too little

Shopping is not part of the UK visa requirement so its not necessary to add that in the list, better to leave it as extra cash available to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
]Good afternoon house. Please I have a valid 5 years UK visa to expire at the end of October 2018 which I have never used and intend to use same in august/september 2018. I obtained this visa when I was single. Now I am married with a 1year old and intend to apply for a visa for him and travel with him. His dad isn't applying. Please how do I go about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
justwise:

Did you research the cost of hotel in the UK before allocating 70K for hotel accommodation for 2wks? That amount is far too little

Shopping is not part of the UK visa requirement so its not necessary to add that in the list, better to leave it as extra cash available to you

Some hotel budget I see being quoted here scares the hell outta me. I just wonder atimes, if the figure isn't for a day even when I read a week, 2 weeks. I understand the hostel approach, but wondering how a little above £100 for instance will cover hotel accommodation for a week plus. I have never tried using an hotel of less than £40-50 I think to do my application before (I'm talking of almost 10 years ago on this minimum figure, not now at all, because I like hotels in the very heart of the city and they don't come cheap either).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by okoji: 1:49am On Jun 30, 2018
I want to renew my 2 year visa but my passport expires in 1 year. Will i be given 2 years or till expiration of passport? On the contrary, should i renew my passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 30, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MadameW: 4:16am On Jun 30, 2018
justwise:

Who is sponsoring the trip and how much does that person earn in a month?

I and my husband are sponsoring the trip. He he earns about 400k a month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by TheExalted: 6:25am On Jun 30, 2018
justwise:

Oyster card can only be used in London, if you are not married with kids then your list is ok

You need to list places you want to visit in the UK/why you are visiting the UK

Thanks for your prompt response @justwise. I'm married with 4 kids but travelling alone. Account balance is expected to be BTW 1.5m and 1.7m.

Hope this is still OK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:38am On Jun 30, 2018
okoji:
I want to renew my 2 year visa but my passport expires in 1 year. Will i be given 2 years or till expiration of passport? On the contrary, should i renew my passport?

If successfully, you will be given 2 years despite one year validity in your passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2018
Optimistic001:
Good evening everyone, I want to apply for a UK visa and I have read all 400+ pages of this thread and to be honest, I am very confused and there is no one to ask as this is my first time. Now the thing is that I have a professional exam coming up in August and the test center is in London. I am a corper and my take home is barely 30k. My brother wants to sponsor me and while filling the application (please note that I have not submitted so, I can still edit my answers) I filled that I collect regular allowances from family which is true because I only started youth service in April so I don't have 6 months statement to produce for work. But I have a personal account where my family sends me money. What is really confusing me is that I read that you have to be able to defend every money that comes into the account. In my own case now that the money is from my family, how do I prove this ? Please, also note that they are not huge amounts... Varies between 15k-25k. So now

1) how does one start explaining every money that has entered the account in the past 6 months ? The balance isn't even high, what is left there is like 5k

2) should I just do away with the personal account ?

3) I have documents like :
Receipts for exam fees
Appointment schedule
Ppa letter of introduction
Allawee account and ppa account. No other money enters except salaries. But these accounts were opened in April.
Please what do you suggest I do? I finished school last year so I don't have much ties or finances to support myself.

Your application should routed on your sponsor financial standing and his relationship to you, so you should be more concern about providing documents to support it. Your own financial situation is abysmal and there is nothing you can do about it. You should request from your sponsor to transferred all the funds for your UK trip into your allowance bank account. What is needed on your part is evidences that you will return back to Nigeria. So I suggest that get as much documents from NYSC and not just leave letter. You should be thinking of submitting documents like letter of NYSC posting, NYSC Community development activities report. Letter from your place of primary assignment, Graduation certificates or statement of results etc. Now to answer your questions:

1. Submit only the account showing allowance payment from NYSC even if it’s not up to see months. If you get other allowance from PPA indicates it too. Your sponsor will also submit his 6 months bank statement showing fund transferred to your bank account.

2. Yes

3. Get more document to show reasonable conviction to return back to Nigeria after the examination. Letter of introduction from your professional body, former school professors etc.

4. Your sponsor should write a cover letter, to explain why he is sponsoring the trip and relationship to you. Since your sponsor is your brother he must show that he is related to you. He must transfer all the fund into your bank account he must point it out and indicate the date of the transfer and highlight it in his bank statement.

5. You will also write a cover note, explaining why you need to take the exam and it’s importance to you career. You will also state that due to your NYSC service you cannot affford the trip and your brother willl finance everything. Highlight the fund sent to you by your brother in your bank statement. Promise the ECO to return back after the exam to continue your NYSC as it’s a prerequisite for employment in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 7:23am On Jun 30, 2018
ekpotek:

Thanks so much Mr Ekpotek. I am very grateful for this very vital information. God bless u sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jaydee11: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2018
KDK:

You don't need to go pick him unless you have other more important things to do. He can fly unaccompanied (but use a non stop flight). Airlines have provision for that. Infact, he will be treated like a VIP as it's the airline staff that will see him through immigration at both ends which makes things even easier for you. Just be at the airport to pick him. Like i said earlier, unless you have more important things and money to spend on such a trip, it is not necessary you accompany him.

Thanks Mr KDK for your response too. I am not sure my husband will allow him to travel alone. He is just 6, my husband won't allow O. It is okay for me to go nd pick him, although I need to do a few things in naija so I will use dt opportunity.
Also, as regards our accommodation in UK, is the tenancy agreement OK for proof of suitable accommodation or do we need to get a fresh letter from our landlord?
Thanks so much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.