Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532070 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
galazito:
Gurus in the house...justwise and CO.
Pls am planning of applying for UK tourist visa 6 months just to spend 9 days vacationing hoping to spend 650k. I'm working with a company with a salary of 320k and I have 6 months salary account statement with 800k closing, married with kid.
Pls what are my chances of getting the visa though I have an unused valid visa from One of South America country.

Nobody here can honestly answer that just submit a good application, your salary level is good just don't spend more than 2months of your salary.

Don't forget to add the breakdown of your expenditure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
bisi16:
Good day everyone. Plz where do u find d gwf number? coz I can’t see it anywhere.

Thanks

Its in your application form, the moment you created and account for visa application GWF number will be given to you and it will appear on your completed application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
Otokini01:
Please just wise i made a mistake on my form i used my old passport number on my form and i have submitted already how do i go about it please i need a response please. quote author=Chae post=69584566]Tnkx

Contact the embassy to inform them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
Khez:
Please hear this, so I wish to apply for a 6months visit visa, I work with a salary of 100k, but my boss been paying me 60k since March due to economic downturns,now it has improved, he recently made a payment of the outstanding salaries amounting to 160k and it's a small company, so I don't have a pension account to print for this application, and oh sometimes he pays me with his main account and not the company account I think just once.

I also have a side small business ,I sell wears and shoes on jumia and also dress people up, help people go to the market and buy clothes, which I am been paid for, which explains the other monies that enters my account apart from salary, I have jumia's vendor ID card to support as jumias deposits reflects in my statements and also has a page on IG where I sell too. Which makes my mothly income to 150k 200k sometimes.

Now I learnt here I don't have to spend moredan 4times my salary in a trip , and my brother inlaw is taking up my flight and hotel fee for the five days I intend to spend in the uk ,pls what documents do I need to present on my part and his. And would you advice he sponsors or I let him out, I have inflow and outflow, eventho most times I transfer from my fidelity to the main account I intend to use gbt and my closing will be 2m or 1.5 as people are oweing me a lot..

Sorry for the long talks, thanks again

You need to read this thread regarding documents to submit because we have answered this sort of questions far too many times.

Whether you want to sponsor the trip or your brother inlaw you still need to proof that you have a strong tie to Nigeria, looking at your salary level you will need to spend more than 5months of your salary on 5days trip.

If your brother inlaw wants to sponsor you he can but you still need to provide those documents to support your tie to Nigeria.

Your side business without any document to support it will hardly be taken seriously.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
ytp:
Awwww, ok. I had always wanted to go for a 3 weeks summer course for some time now, i wasnt too sure i could make it this year so I didnt put many things in place.Eventually, i decided to give it a try.I had filled my form and was about to submit when i realised the category of visa i picked wasnt right.Thank God for the confirmation letter that was sent to me.Had to change from tourist visa to short term study.Time wasnt on my side, submitted on May 30th.Available date was 6th june through prime time which i clicked mistakenly.It was a day to biometric i discovered i wud need to pay.Long story short I paid online, went for my biometric and prayed i get a response after 3 weeks(june 27th) before the course starts on the 2nd of july.my paasport was eventually returned to me on 29th (not without drama with dhl) and travelled next day.Coming to this platform, I discovered things that i wouldnt have done if i hadnt come: cover letter (which i did after submission thank God i checked here befr biometric).I wrote alot of things from itinerary, to financial status, what I do etc. My mind was playing tricks on me cos I submitted a 5 mnths statement for both my salary acct and company acct, made bulk transfers a week before biometric, forgot to include i was denied US (i didnt remember at first), was confused when i was asked in the form if i have a relative in the uk which i responded No because of the clause written there meanwhile my cousin invited me in my previous application that i was denied...so it was a crazy moment for me while waiting cos a 2000 pounds non-refundable for my course was at stake if i was denied and didnt inform the school with proof before the course starts. I jst have a feeling the cover letter got my back.

You are very lucky to pull this through. Enjoy your time in the UK

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nonny1234: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
Tickets r quite pricey.. I'm looking to travel in August.. who knows of how to get cheap ticket biko.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Otokini01: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2018
Thank you but I haven't gone to submit my documents should I just notify them before I submit?
justwise:

Contact the embassy to inform them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 4:27am On Jul 24, 2018
Omg I've not gone to the visa application centre to summit but I've printed out the form does that mean the visa is not sure or what can I do pls reply Asap Marylander
enlight me
marylanderr:

Have you already submitted the form? If you put a certain amount there, then it means you are paying for part of the trip which you should clarify on the extra info page.

Otherwise if she is fully sponsoring the trip as a gift, then you need to put 0.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 5:13am On Jul 24, 2018
justwise:

Its in your application form, the moment you created and account for visa application GWF number will be given to you and it will appear on your completed application form

Thanks a lot, but d only number I see there starts with M, on d first page and I can’t go beyond that page without gwf number. I’ll try again shaa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:55am On Jul 24, 2018
bisi16:

Thanks a lot, but d only number I see there starts with M, on d first page and I can’t go beyond that page without gwf number. I’ll try again shaa.

You are on TLS website then, you are skipping steps. Go and start from here https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2018
Hello bosses jutwise, Marylander,etpokek and others plz I need your help have submitted my application online and my white female friend is paying for all my expenses, in the place that asked what the amount you personally have for this trip I put the amount I have in bank 93k pls help me what can I do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Wilfredpat22(f): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, hope your week is going well? And family ?

I am planning to go on a tourist visa to uk. My flight and stay will be covered by a EU citizen as I don’t earn much in a store where I work. We are paid cash but I have been able to save 700k

Thing is do I need introduction letter from this store (Mr Biggs) or leave letter? As I was employed by word of mouth and have been working here ever since

Please what do you guys advice justwise, marylanderr
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2018
Otokini01:
Thank you but I haven't gone to submit my documents should I just notify them before I submit?

Ok then correct it in the printout
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
Hello gurus in the house, hope your week is going well? And family ?

I am planning to go on a tourist visa to uk. My flight and stay will be covered by a EU citizen as I don’t earn much in a store where I work. We are paid cash but I have been able to save 700k

Thing is do I need introduction letter from this store (Mr Biggs) or leave letter? As I was employed by word of mouth and have been working here ever since

Please what do you guys advice justwise, marylanderr

Get both if you can and get them to state there that you are paid cash in hand.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 10:11am On Jul 24, 2018
Plz for God sake I need your help gurus my EU citizen friend is paying all my expenses for my tourism visa 2weeks and I put the amount I have in my bank account that's 93k where they asked how much do you have personally for this trip.... And I was told I suppose to put 0. What is the solution I've print out the application thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2018
Olugerm:
Plz for God sake I need your help gurus my EU citizen friend is paying all my expenses for my tourism visa 2weeks and I put the amount I have in my bank account that's 93k where they asked how much do you have personally for this trip.... And I was told I suppose to put 0. What is the solution I've print out the application thanks

I would advice you state it in your cover letter...that someone is sponsoring your trip but you have the 93k for miscellaneous or pocket money

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bisi16(m): 10:37am On Jul 24, 2018
OmoBendel24:

You are on TLS website then, you are skipping steps. Go and start from here https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
Thanks.

I later realized yesterday. I’m on track now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jamiel89: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2018
I've been a silent follower of this thread for a while now, kudos to all the gurus providing help and advise. I applied for renewal in Abuja on the 5th of this month and today makes it 13 working days, I am tired of refreshing my mail for decision and pickup mail lol....who else is in my shoes? I wish everyone the best of luck with their application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2018
iapt:

I would advice you state it in your cover letter...that someone is sponsoring your trip but you have the 93k for miscellaneous or pocket money
thanks boss mi God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ashabby: 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2018
Yes
It ia supposed to be the regular 15days.

Have you applied now.
Still waiting for feedback on mine.

nwokediy:
Anyone here applying for a UK tier 2 work visa? Do you know how long the waiting times are in abuja or lagos?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hello Family,

Got my VISA this morning.

This is to thank you all for your advise during my application.

Special thanks to @ekpotek and @monchat

You are all the best.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NeyofeedNigEnt: 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Hello Family,

You are all the best.

Please what are d documents u submitted and timelines
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Please what are d documents u submitted and timelines

Kindly check my previous posts. I was also refused at first.

I come here always to ask for clarification.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
Please we got a mail stating that the application has not been straight forward and will not be able to decide within the normal 15days. Please how long does it take to get the passport back once we withdraw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Hello Family,

You are all the best.

congratulations dear friend plz how long does it take b to get your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
Got same message.
sweetrie:
Please we got a mail stating that the application has not been straight forward and will not be able to decide within the normal 15days. Please how long does it take to get the passport back once we withdraw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2018
Cutiestalex:
Got same message.
When was your biometrics? His was July 6
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
Please when did you submit your application? Did you submitted for renewal or first time application?
sweetrie:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
June 29th
sweetrie:
When was your biometrics? His was July 6

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.