Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532009 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
Cutiestalex:
Please when did you submit your application? Did you submitted for renewal or first time application?
First time Application o. We just need the passport back urgently. I just want to know how long it takes to get it back.
Cutiestalex:
June 29th
hopefully you get yours soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
Olugerm:
Hello bosses jutwise, Marylander,etpokek and others plz I need your help have submitted my application online and my white female friend is paying for all my expenses, in the place that asked what the amount you personally have for this trip I put the amount I have in bank 93k pls help me what can I do

Is the 93k all you have in your account? Or is that what you plan to use toward your trip? If that is all in your account, the ECO would easily wonder why anyone would want to use all the money in their account for a visit.

Is your friend inviting saying to pay for your tickets, if so she would have to show pay slips and bank statements showing good standing and that she can take care of the trip.

But still show your own bank statements if this is the case.

More importantly, know how to create a reasonable balance especially with finances and your ties back in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marylanderr: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
Olugerm:
Plz for God sake I need your help gurus my EU citizen friend is paying all my expenses for my tourism visa 2weeks and I put the amount I have in my bank account that's 93k where they asked how much do you have personally for this trip.... And I was told I suppose to put 0. What is the solution I've print out the application thanks

If your friend is paying for all of your trip and your are paying nothing, then there is zero cost to you in which case you put 0.

Make sure you emphasize with your friends name saying she is sponsoring your entire trip as a gift.

Still show your bank statements but note you are showing that you are working part time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
have been waiting patiently since i did biometrics, friday last week made it 3weeks and i got decision made today and ready for collection today too, going tomorrow morning to go pick it up. My hrt is beating like a drum....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2018
ugolinze123:
have been waiting patiently since i did biometrics, friday last week made it 3weeks and i got decision made today and ready for collection today too, going tomorrow morning to go pick it up. My hrt is beating like a drum....
Please when was your biometrics, I mean the date precisely
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
Cutiestalex:
Please when was your biometrics, I mean the date precisely

20th june
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 11:03pm On Jul 24, 2018
Olugerm:
congratulations dear friend plz how long does it take b to get your visa

Biometric on the 28th June
Collected passport with visa on the 24th July

Visa was stamped on the 17/07/18

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cutiestalex: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
ugolinze123:

20th june
Wow.. Don't worry you'll come back with good news. All the best �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olowogbogboro17: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
ugolinze123:
I can imagine.

When I collected my passport I felt paper in it, I got sad immediately and just put it in my pocket. So people won't know I was refused. Even when I got to the car I dropped it in my safe and zoomed off...

I decided to check the refusal letter and got to realize that the paper was just an instruction.
����������

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 6:47am On Jul 25, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

I can imagine.

When I collected my passport I felt paper in it, I got sad immediately and just put it in my pocket. So people won't know I was refused. Even when I got to the car I dropped it in my safe and zoomed off...

I decided to check the refusal letter and got to realize that the paper was just an instruction.
����������

Lol...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 6:49am On Jul 25, 2018
Cutiestalex:
Wow.. Don't worry you'll come back with good news. All the best �

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 7:07am On Jul 25, 2018
marylanderr:

Is the 93k all you have in your account? Or is that what you plan to use toward your trip? If that is all in your account, the ECO would easily wonder why anyone would want to use all the money in their account for a visit.

Is your friend inviting saying to pay for your tickets, if so she would have to show pay slips and bank statements showing good standing and that she can take care of the trip.

But still show your own bank statements if this is the case.

More importantly, know how to create a reasonable balance especially with finances and your ties back in Nigeria.
she has sent me everything, it's just that 93k of a thing, its the money I have in my bank account what can I do cause one person told me to write a cover letter explain myself that it's just for pocket money or what do you think
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 7:11am On Jul 25, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Biometric on the 28th July

are they going to mail me for the interview and biometric
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ytp(f): 7:50am On Jul 25, 2018
justwise:

You are very lucky to pull this through. Enjoy your time in the UK

Congratulations!
Thanks a million and well done for taking time to do this.Preparing to return to Naija by weekend already. May God reward you abundantly, cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2018
Olugerm:
she has sent me everything, it's just that 93k of a thing, its the money I have in my bank account what can I do cause one person told me to write a cover letter explain myself that it's just for pocket money or what do you think

Bro to be very truthful with you, with that balance on your account it can not fly. Find somebody who can borrow u money u just run it on your account for 2 to 3 month

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2018
Olowogbogboro17:

Biometric on the 28th July

Over joy re o; you did biometric ahead of time and you got the visa before biometric date grin grin grin grin

Congrat!!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ytp(f): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2018
iapt post=6 sad[hr sad angry:
861] angry sad sad
sad
Congratulations ma'am...plea sadse kindly share with us the documents you submitted so that future applicants will learn from this...Thanks
Documents submitted include:
5 mnths statement (salary acct) with reference lettr
5 mnths statement (company acct my personal one)with reference letter
Company certificate of incorporation(personal)
Cover letter
Tax identification number(nt certificate cos i have nevr paid)
Land survey document
Certificates
6 mnths payslip
Accommodation details
Employment letter
Letter from my office(main employer)
Invitation letter for course
Proof of payment for course
I was delayed for some minutes by immigration to double check some information cos i was once denied .At this point, best thing is to remain calm cos you can never tell if they are checking for info or checking out your reaction through the camera.
In my case, i didnt even read the paper she handed me,and didnt use my phone either.Was jst looking ard at people passing where i was standing befr i finally sat....that was when i saw d details in the paper, fear catch me small bt ....Anyway 5 minutes later, she returned ,waved at me and said "you can see I have stamped your passport".She didnt bother to check my landing card nor my accommodation details again.Na so I stroll enter.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2018
ytp:
Documents submitted include:
5 mnths statement (salary acct) with reference lettr
5 mnths statement (company acct my personal one)with reference letter
Company certificate of incorporation(personal)
Cover letter
Tax identification number(nt certificate cos i have nevr paid)
Land survey document
Certificates
6 mnths payslip
Accommodation details
Employment letter
Letter from my office(main employer)
Invitation letter for course
Proof of payment for course
I was delayed for some minutes by immigration to double check some information cos i was once denied .At this point, best thing is to remain calm cos you can never tell if they are checking for info or checking out your reaction through the camera.
In my case, i didnt even read the paper she handed me,and didnt use my phone either.Was jst looking ard at people passing where i was standing befr i finally sat....that was when i saw d details in the paper, fear catch me small bt ....Anyway 5 minutes later, she returned ,waved at me and said "you can see I have stamped your passport".She didnt bother to check my landing card nor my accommodation details again.Na so I stroll enter.

Thanks for the useful tips...we sure will learn from this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Due for submission on the 3rd of August with my family i.e. wife and little boy 5yrs old. Bank balance is 1.4M, wifey's 1M. Intend to stay for 10 days with my wifey's aunt. Attached r property docs, pension account statement, T.bills worth 2M (wifey's), marriage certificate, aunt's docs, son's birth certificate, wifey's property doc n her pension statement. Trusting God for favour

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
ugolinze123:

Bro to be very truthful with you, with that balance on your account it can not fly. Find somebody who can borrow u money u just run it on your account for 2 to 3 month
thanks bro but I'm not paying for anything about my trip my EU friend is sponsoring my trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ugolinze123(m): 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
went to TLScontact VI today for collection and was denied.
Reasons...the total credit and debit on my statement for the last 6months does not reflect the kind of business i presented to them.
Total credit 5mil, total debit 4mil balance 2mil.

I have a fire safety equipment and security gadget company i sell to coperate organisations, hotels u name it and does installations too, am also a web developer working for some companies and government parastatals.

All this was clearly stated on the application with documents to prove

In conclusion, i think visa approval is not based on your documents but how the ECOs feels at that point in time, its just luck notin else, why am saying this, with all the reasons i see on this refusal letter it just tells you they dont just wanna give it to you so they come up with these excuses and continue ripping us of our hard earned funds, imagine you paying for just a call or email.

To all the hopefuls, do what you know is your best and leave the rest to God. Dont kill your self in the process or spend all you have, its just luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ndkings1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Gurus in the house, I really appreciate you for all the help you have rendered to us novices through your advices. I can only say, I God bless you all.

Now, I'm going to explain my situation without holding back any iota of truth in order not regret at last.

Earlier this year I met a guy based in London through my mum, we got chatting and we concluded that he's gonna send me invitations letter and other necessary documents on his part to come and stay with him in London for some time.
Note: I have never seen him face to face

I work in a private school, where I earn 125k a month.
Though the school pay tax but they don't deduct tax money from our salaries. they don't give payslips and sometimes, they us cash.
The questions bothering me now and I need urgent answers for are ;

1.. Will my physical unfamiliarity with the person inviting me affect my application even though he's providing the accommodation and other documents?

2..I intend to create a payslip on my own for next six months. I intend to make it look like I'm paying tax for every salary I get by including some tax deductions which I'm not actually paying(I was told my payslip must show that I'm paying tax or else my application will be refused)... Please I need your undiluted advise on this one.

3..is my monthly salary of 125k enough for this application(I don't have another source of income for now)

4...my host says he's going to to send me hotel reservations - is this not gonna complicate issues for me since I'm going to stay in his house?

5...i currently have 1million in my account and I intend to use my salary for the next six months months to build it up to 1.6million or more starting from wit the salary for this month.. DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF THE 1MILLION NAIRA OPENING BALANCE?

these are my major dilemma and I need honest advice please. Thank you very much as I await your response.
God bless...

@justwise
@epotek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by marvis13(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
Greeting to u all. Please I need suggestion, I summit my application first week of this month but d issue there is that my statement acc bears Marvis Amadi Chidi as my acc name while my passport name bears Amadi Chidi Okechukwu and I attached an affidavit from court during my submission. So I want to know if that will affect my application even though I have 3 used visa on my passport 2 from South East Asian countries and 1 East African country and balance of 1,870,000 on my statement acc in which I earn 400k monthly. I have PTA stamp of $2,800 from d same bank I used for my statement on my passport which I used on my previous trip. pls I want to know if that will affect my application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
ugolinze123:
Reasons...the total credit and debit on my statement for the last 6months does not reflect the kind of business i presented to them.

I have a fire safety equipment and security gadget company i sell to coperate organisations, hotels u name it and does installations too, am also a web developer working for some companies and government parastatals.

In conclusion, i think visa approval is not based on your documents but how the ECOs feels at that point in time, its just luck notin else, why am saying this, with all the reasons i see on this refusal letter it just tells you they dont just wanna give it to you so they come up with these excuses and continue ripping us of our hard earned funds, imagine you paying for just a call or email.

To all the hopefuls, do what you know is your best and leave the rest to God. Dont kill your self in the process or spend all you have, its just luck.

Sorry for the refusal. Like you said, there are several factor involve, but all this factors relates to what you filled in your application form and the document you submitted. We can only offer advise if you share the refusal letter incase you wish to re apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
marvis13:
Greeting to u all. Please I need suggestion, I summit my application first week of this month but d issue there is that my statement acc bears Marvis Amadi Chidi as my acc name while my passport name bears Amadi Chidi Okechukwu and I attached an affidavit from court during my submission. So I want to know if that will affect my application even though I have 3 used visa on my passport 2 from South East Asian countries and 1 East African country and balance of 1,870,000 on my statement acc in which I earn 400k monthly. I have PTA stamp of $2,800 from d same bank I used for my statement on my passport which I used on my previous trip. pls I want to know if that will affect my application. Thanks

Since you have submitted no one can tell.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ndkings1:
Gurus in the house, I really appreciate you for all the help you have rendered to us novices through your advices. I can only say, I God bless you all.

Now, I'm going to explain my situation without holding back any iota of truth in order not regret at last.

Earlier this year I met a guy based in London through my mum, we got chatting and we concluded that he's gonna send me invitations letter and other necessary documents on his part to come and stay with him in London for some time.
Note: I have never seen him face to face

I work in a private school, where I earn 125k a month.
Though the school pay tax but they don't deduct tax money from our salaries. they don't give payslips and sometimes, they us cash.
The questions bothering me now and I need urgent answers for are ;

1.. Will my physical unfamiliarity with the person inviting me affect my application even though he's providing the accommodation and other documents?

2..I intend to create a payslip on my own for next six months. I intend to make it look like I'm paying tax for every salary I get by including some tax deductions which I'm not actually paying(I was told my payslip must show that I'm paying tax or else my application will be refused)... Please I need your undiluted advise on this one.

3..is my monthly salary of 125k enough for this application(I don't have another source of income for now)

4...my host says he's going to to send me hotel reservations - is this not gonna complicate issues for me since I'm going to stay in his house?

5...i currently have 1million in my account and I intend to use my salary for the next six months months to build it up to 1.6million or more starting from wit the salary for this month.. DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF THE 1MILLION NAIRA OPENING BALANCE?

these are my major dilemma and I need honest advice please. Thank you very much as I await your response.
God bless...

@justwise
@epotek

Generating fake payslip will not work and you are likely to been banned for 1O years for submitting fake documents. Just be honest about your salary payment situation and hope for the best. Secondly honoring an invitation from someone you do not fully know or you have not physically met can be dangerous!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
Kaleydd2000:
Due for submission on the 3rd of August with my family i.e. wife and little boy 5yrs old. Bank balance is 1.4M, wifey's 1M. Intend to stay for 10 days with my wifey's aunt. Attached r property docs, pension account statement, T.bills worth 2M (wifey's), marriage certificate, aunt's docs, son's birth certificate, wifey's property doc n her pension statement. Trusting God for favour

You are good to go sir...but i willa advice you state it in a cover letter from which account will the trip be sponsored (you or madam) because with your balance of 1.4m, i dont think you can sponsor the family...but you can state how much your wife will be contributing from her account for the trip....i wish you all the best...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iapt: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2018
ekpotek:

Generating fake payslip will not work and you are likely to been banned for 1O years for submitting fake documents. Just be honest about your salary payment situation and hope for the best. Secondly honoring an invitation from someone you do not fully know or you have not physically met can be dangerous!

please apart from statement of account, business receipt, what else can someone provide as a source of fund. please the person does not pay himself salary as he is self employed with a registered company?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
So sorry about this. Please is this your first uk visa or renewal.

quote author=ugolinze123 post=69693204]went to TLScontact VI today for collection and was denied.

To all the hopefuls, do what you know is your best and leave the rest to God. Dont kill your self in the process or spend all you have, its just luck.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
sorry about this. Please is this your first uk visa or renewal.
ugolinze123:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iyatrustee(f): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
ytp:

This happened to me the first time i visited after a prior refusal. Unlike you, i read the details of the paper handed to me and was instantly scared but got a hold of my emotions in no time because i knew i got the visa myself. I for no get that kind liver if na agent package the visa for me,

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.