Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1531280 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
Olugerm:
boss legend help me view it

Desperate packaging infers strong migrant intent....

Seems no one is willing or able to tell you, but I will! Go build ties, genuinely. If you won't heed, you will only just be wasting your money for now, and probably get yourself in trouble with them, maybe stroll into a ban out of desperation. Go see Dubai for now while at ties building....

One last thing, if granted this your much desired visa to the UK, what can you show will bring you back home? You have misfired the first time applying, what you have left now is to rebuild with patience, PATIENCE being the key word. Regards

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Desperate packaging infers strong migrant intent....

Seems no one is willing or able to tell you, but I will! Go build ties, genuinely. If you won't heed, you will only just be wasting your money for now, and probably get yourself in trouble with them, maybe stroll into a ban out of desperation. Go see Dubai for now while at ties building....

One last thing, if granted this your much desired visa to the UK, what can you show will bring you back home? You have misfired the first time applying, what you have left now is to rebuild with patience. Regards
thanks so much it was my white female friend that want me to come but I will make sure I buy land in my village can that serve as tie to my country? Do you mean I should visit Dubai to have travel history?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Fyorgyn: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
Olugerm:
thanks so much it was my white female friend that want me to come but I will make sure I buy land in my village can that serve as tie to my country? Do you mean I should visit Dubai to have travel history?

Visit Dubai/Kenya and meet this fabled female friend in person for the first time as well as starting to build up travel history, but you'll need a lot more than that to scale through the UK visa process in your present circumstances. As the previous poster advised, you will just have to exercise a whole of a lot more patience before you make another attempt.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
Cyberknight:

Visit Dubai/Kenya and meet this fabled female friend in person for the first time as well as starting to build up travel history, but you'll need a lot more than that to scale through the UK visa process in your present circumstances. As the previous poster advised, you will just have to exercise a whole of a lot more patience before you make another attempt.
thanks so much boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melonne: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hello All,

Has anyone had this issue before? A friend just got rejected because according to them the planned budget for a trip to the UK is 7.5 times more than the persons monthly expenditure - NOT INCOME OH!

I’ve never heard of this before. This person makes a very good salary of about 500k as take home. Monthly expenses is average of 200k, leaving a saving of 300k each money. Planned budget was 1.5m (ticket, hotel, feeding, accommodation and sightseeing were all broken down and estimated) for about 2 weeks.

That was the only reason. No mention of income being insufficient. Just that one reason that doesn’t make sense. This person has a managerial role in a well established financial institution.

The only thing I can assume is that the person has never travelled out of the country at all. Never even attempted, but no mention was made of that in the rejection.

Documents submitted:

Job intro letter
6 month statement
Cover letter
Letter from relatives acknowledging that person is known and will return.
Leave letter
Rent agreement

Anyone have experience with this?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Melonne:
Hello All,

Has anyone had this issue before? A friend just got rejected because according to them the planned budget for a trip to the UK is 7.5 times more than the persons monthly expenditure - NOT INCOME OH!

I’ve never heard of this before. This person makes a very good salary of about 500k as take home. Monthly expenses is average of 200k, leaving a saving of 300k each money. Planned budget was 1.5m (ticket, hotel, feeding, accommodation and sightseeing were all broken down and estimated) for about 2 weeks.

That was the only reason. No mention of income being insufficient. Just that one reason that doesn’t make sense. This person has a managerial role in a well established financial institution.

The only thing I can assume is that the person has never travelled out of the country at all. Never even attempted, but no mention was made of that in the rejection.

Documents submitted:

Job intro letter
6 month statement
Cover letter
Leave letter
Rent agreement

I had a friend who had a case like this. This was happened about 8 years ago when visas were much easier to get than now. He was a top management staff and was pulling down a very good salary indeed, and also had his own business. When he applied, they rejected him with the reason that "the money in his accounts seemed in excess of what his stated income was". The corollary between his case and your friend's is that he too had never left Nigeria before that time. He was married with two children and had extensive property interests.

He reapplied and was given a visa later, so I think that's what your friend can do, specifically addressing the erroneous stated reason for the first refusal in a second cover letter. This is of course assuming that your friend had sufficient income in his bank account proportional to the proposed trip, even though the visa officer did not cite that as a reason.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Melonne:
Hello All,

Documents submitted:

Job intro letter
6 month statement
Cover letter
Leave letter
Rent agreement

share the refusal letter so that gurus will help you with it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
Melonne:
Hello All,

Documents submitted:

Job intro letter
6 month statement
Cover letter
Leave letter
Rent agreement

I was very careful while filling this
I even had to write a personal letter to explain the money and urged them to not think otherwise.

He should have written and explained why he intends to spend such money
Yell them that he had planned for the holiday for a long time and had saved up for it and bla bla bla
They too like explanation but it works
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlad26(f): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Food evening guys

My husband and i just got our visa today

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post

All the best to those who are still waiting

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
galazito:

can you give the list of documents you submitted?
International Passport
German Resident Permit
Confirmation of payment of visa fee
Flight ticket Reservation.
Non-refundable Hotel accommodation comfirmation
3 months Pay slip
Bank Statement
Insurance certificate for visa purposes
Student Identification card
Certificate of student status
Certificate of study periods
House contract
Proof of registration with the Alien office
Cover letter from school
Cover letter from work
Personal letter explaining every other thing that might raise questions like funds and such.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melonne: 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
Finesing:

I was very careful while filling this
I even had to write a personal letter to explain the money and urged them to not think otherwise.

He should have written and explained why he intends to spend such money
Yell them that he had planned for the holiday for a long time and had saved up for it and bla bla bla
They too like explanation but it works

Everything was explained to the T. How the money had been saved, breakdown of everything from flights, to accomodation, feeding,and why now is the time for travel as a reward for hardwork. Essentially a treat.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Melonne: 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
Olugerm:
share the refusal letter so that gurus will help you with it

I will as soon as it’s sent to me. Person is vexed. Hope it hasn’t been destroyed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
mulannoire:
Good morning house,

I have been unable to pay for my visa application and it's been 2 days now. Tried various bank cards. Is there any other way to make payment? Thanks.

Go to your bank, explain to them that you wanna make online payment , they will surely help out . Very simple .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
Olugerm:

Even those earning 170k still havent gotten visa not to talk of 17k income , truly you have misfired the first application , Take ur time , Visit other countries, save more money , Get a paying job and explain to your oyinbo, She would not leave you... Fear not! but be informed that if your circumstance has'nt changed for good ... Dont waste money ... 70k application fee is alot these days .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
funlad26:
Food evening guys

My husband and i just got our visa today

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post

All the best to those who are still waiting

congrats!! i told you they will issue the visa... are you still traveling on the 2nd? cos no time to waste time...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good day all...gurus in d house,

pls id like to know how much a sponsor should have in account..is 3000£ - 4000£ good enough...my husband is inviting me Nd he'll be d sponsor....pls is this a good amount?...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlad26(f): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2018
alert20:

congrats!! i told you they will issue the visa... are you still traveling on the 2nd? cos no time to waste time...

Thanks a lot.....was so happy

no, not going again till 28th.....I want to apply for Schengen visa so we can visit France from London

any update about yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Olugerm(m): 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
ijeshaoflondon:

Even those earning 170k still havent gotten visa not to talk of 17k income , truly you have misfired the first application , Take ur time , Visit other countries, save more money , Get a paying job and explain to your oyinbo, She would not leave you... Fear not! but be informed that if your circumstance has'nt changed for good ... Dont waste money ... 70k application fee is alot these days .
thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2018
mulannoire:

But without payment online, i will be unable to print application form for submission

I know with VFS, you can submit online and print but not free; you pay them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by AlphaStyles(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Finesing:

International Passport
German Resident Permit
Confirmation of payment of visa fee
Flight ticket Reservation.
Non-refundable Hotel accommodation comfirmation
3 months Pay slip
Bank Statement
Insurance certificate for visa purposes
Student Identification card
Certificate of student status
Certificate of study periods
House contract
Proof of registration with the Alien office
Cover letter from school
Cover letter from work
Personal letter explaining every other thing that might raise questions like funds and such.
oboy ontop say person wan travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by solaiphones: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
Olugerm:
thanks boss
There’s a way you can do it but it will cost you money. First tell you white friend to take the issue to her MP and get you an immigration lawyer as well. Don’t let it be long. This technique has work for many in your case if you get rejected apply immediately and correct the errors

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
@funlad26 i called ukvi around 4pm today if a decision has been made, i was told they have made a decision already that i should expect a mail from them soon. as i refresh my mail now, i saw the pickup mail just now...
although i will be picking up my passport tomorrow with visa by his grace.... my heart is beating like a drum now....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aquaman84: 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
My people @justwise @ekpotek @vicjustice, I've gotten all the documents I need for the fiance visa, but I couldn't book a wedding date in the UK they said I need the fiance visa before I can book a date, and please how much is the fiance visa and do I need to provide my bank info like the regular last six months bank statement? Or its my girlfriend that has to provide that? Please assist as you guys have always have. She has been to Nigeria and I have been to the UK to see her family. We got engaged on my last trip. So guys please assist. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Heritagee: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hello all,
Please has anyone travelled with Royal air maroc from Lagos to London?
My employer booked RAM for me and on the itinerary, one bag weighing 23kg was the bag allowance.
Has anyone travelled with them? Did you go with the same 1 23kg bag?
Infact, this has totally thrown me off balance because I've thought and thought about it. How do I pack clothes and foodstuffs in one 23kg bag?
Somebody please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2018
Heritagee:
Hello all,
Please has anyone travelled with Royal air maroc from Lagos to London?
My employer booked RAM for me and on the itinerary, one bag weighing 23kg was the bag allowance.
Has anyone travelled with them? Did you go with the same 1 23kg bag?
Infact, this has totally thrown me off balance because I've thought and thought about it. How do I pack clothes and foodstuffs in one 23kg bag?
Somebody please help

You are entitled to 2 x 23kg luggage allowance plus cabin bag (7-10kg) and laptop bag for economy ticket. Enter your ticket reservation/booking/reference number on air Marco website to confirm check in luggage allowance. You can also use checkmytrip.com before raising any alarm.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
Aquaman84:
My people @justwise @ekpotek @vicjustice, I've gotten all the documents I need for the fiance visa, but I couldn't book a wedding date in the UK they said I need the fiance visa before I can book a date, and please how much is the fiance visa and do I need to provide my bank info like the regular last six months bank statement? Or its my girlfriend that has to provide that? Please assist as you guys have always have. She has been to Nigeria and I have been to the UK to see her family. We got engaged on my last trip. So guys please assist. God bless

Check UKVI website for the necessary requirement. It is called Marriage visitor visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hello house, I have been to the UK 2ce, USA 1ce, Qatar 1ce, Ghana 2ce and UAE 1ce. I want to renew to attend an event and I just want to do 6 months. I intend to travel 1st Oct. But would like to submit next week. I hope visa will come out within 15days. My last visa came out in 10days in 2016.

Please anyone who has applied for 6months recently with travel history and got the visa within 10days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by stefanimay: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2018
stefanimay:
Good day all...gurus in d house,

pls id like to know how much a sponsor should have in account..is 3000£ - 4000£ good enough...my husband is inviting me Nd he'll be d sponsor....pls is this a good amount?...

Pls anyone with answers...justwise and ekpotek..pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by galazito: 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
how long can a printed bank account statement be valid for UK visa application, after two weeks of printing can i still be able to use it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Aquaman84:

Get married in Nigeria rather than the UK, fiance visa is almost as expense as spouse visa application with almost the same set of documents as well.
This link will explain more https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
galazito:
how long can a printed bank account statement be valid for UK visa application, after two weeks of printing can i still be able to use it?

Why two weeks old bank statement? Why not 24hrs or 72hrs old bank statement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.