Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530228 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
sweetrie:
It is well. 36working days and no decision made.

Hey have you received your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
MollyBank:

Hey have you received your application?
Not yet. But we applied for withdrawal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
sweetrie:
Not yet. But we applied for withdrawal.

Yea I meant your passport, have you got it back?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
dajila:
hi, please i am new here, i wanna apply for 6months visa, wanna just go see how uk is in december, spend time with family and friends, my first time though, i work with lagos state government, been to dubai a couple of times and also ghana, tried us last year but i was refused. how sincere should i be in my form filling? should i tell them i was denied us visa? and i wanna know what the process is like? can i please see any uploaded application?

You should always be completely truthful as to previous denials as well as to your other circumstances. In addition, you might want to bear in mind that they share info with the US and the [white] Commonwealth countries under the Five Eyes Treaty.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by alert20: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
Legend1145:
Nawa oooo. Sorry about dat bro. Dis UK people self no da chill at all dem jst da refused people despite having necessary documents. I pray for God favour in mine ooo my 15working days almost here.
@alert20 are u a first timer to Uk, I will advice u to chill a lil before applying again so it wunt look lyk u a desperate to travel. Safe bro.[qquote author=alert20 post=70847356]i was refused again ooo, the eco complain that my circumstance hasn't changed since the last time i apply...
i have been trying to upload the refusal letter since Friday but network bad....

thanks bro, i am a first timer though i have only visited west African countries before like 4times in 4years.. i wont be applying again self i will rather consider other European countries or US.. to be honest if i was given the UK visa, i wouldn't spend past 5days cos na turkey i dey go stay jeje...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
Will anyone be in London next week?
I've got 2 hours to burn at the airport before I can check in to my hotel..
And I'll arrive very early, I don't think any sights will be open for touring that early..
Any advice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
MollyBank:

Yea I meant your passport, have you got it back?
Ok. Not yet

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
But why the delay haba
sweetrie:
Ok. Not yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Aibisoye0: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
Hello house,@justwise, @ expotek
Please can I use the gtbank send statement to embassy...who has used it or print the signed and stamped copy on GTbank site.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
sweetrie:
Ok. Not yet

My sister submitted and did biometrics on 15th august at church gate, VI and she received pickup message today. First time app... Not how fast though...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello house,@justwise, @ expotek
Please can I use the gtbank send statement to embassy...who has used it or print the signed and stamped copy on GTbank site.

get a copy and also ask them to copy the embassy .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by jennyhumphrey(f): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Please house when applying do you need to put the refusal note
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
No. Y will u put it. It was Never stated that u shld put refusal note.
jennyhumphrey:
Please hqouse when applying do you need to put the refusal note
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
jennyhumphrey:
But why the delay haba
The matter tire me o.
ijeshaoflondon:

My sister submitted and did biometrics on 15th august at church gate, VI and she received pickup message today. First time app... Not how fast though...
[quote author=ijeshaoflondon post=70873005] Lucky her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by K4daniel: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
Legend1145:
No. Y will u put it. It was Never stated that u shld put refusal note.

Sir. It must be included because he will need to answer one by one..paragragh by paragraph only When you have your genuine answers and reason or your circumstances changed you will need to address some reasons you were denied in a cover letter and attach the letter. It will be scanned akong yoir documents but ensure you give it more time, invest in your circumstances and develop your life.Good job and businesses with no intention to stay in uk or show them you are desperate.

They will give you your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mokikeoj: 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Finesing:
Will anyone be in London next week?
I've got 2 hours to burn at the airport before I can check in to my hotel..
And I'll arrive very early, I don't think any sights will be open for touring that early..
Any advice?

Hello☺ I will be there next week from Thursday..
#tourist
When will.you be there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by folmus: 2:58am On Sep 04, 2018
K4daniel:

Sir. It must be included because he will need to answer one by one..paragragh by paragraph only When you have your genuine answers and reason or your circumstances changed you will need to address some reasons you were denied in a cover letter and attach the letter. It will be scanned akong yoir documents but ensure you give it more time, invest in your circumstances and develop your life.Good job and businesses with no intention to stay in uk or show them you are desperate.

They will give you your visa.

It mustn't be included. While filling out the form online, you will be asked whether you have been refused before in the past or not. Others have applied on this thread without doing including it.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chuchunana: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2018
A friend and the family applied for UK visas (first family application) and it's been under processing for 12 good weeks, they had to cancel all plans cos school will be resuming next week and they are yet to get their passports.

15 days has turned to 12 weeks...UK wahala too much abeg!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by edmasta01: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
dajila:
hi, please i am new here, i wanna apply for 6months visa, wanna just go see how uk is in december, spend time with family and friends, my first time though, i work with lagos state government, been to dubai a couple of times and also ghana, tried us last year but i was refused. how sincere should i be in my form filling? should i tell them i was denied us visa? and i wanna know what the process is like? can i please see any uploaded application?

You MUST be sincere in all your applications. This is ethical. This is the right thing to do. The fact that you've been refused by the US embassy does not mean you won't get a UK visa.

Don't even think of making the mistake of "hiding the truth" away or becoming "Lai Mohammed" the minister.

Be honest. state why you were refused by the US govt. And make sure you've covered the basis of your current application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MollyBank: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
Chuchunana:
A friend and the family applied for UK visas (first family application) and it's been under processing for 12 good weeks, they had to cancel all plans cos school will be resuming next week and they are yet to get their passports.

15 days has turned to 12 weeks...UK wahala too much abeg!

It's ridiculous! My friend submitted his in June and up till now, no decision has been made. We have called and called and wrote several emails, they kept saying it's been processed. They guy has an Exam to write in the UK on Thursday and he explained all these to them yet nothing. He just cancelled his exam this morning and hoping they refund him. They don;t do refunds unless you show them a refusal letter from Immigration and he doesn't have. He just attached all his correspondences with them and hoping it works.

I have written a two page complaints to their complaint department, because this isn't fair and shouldn't be acceptable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Legend1145(m): 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Pls who has done biometric at Ikeja tls on 17th August.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Chuchunana: 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
MollyBank:

It's ridiculous! My friend submitted his in June and up till now, no decision has been made. We have called and called and wrote several emails, they kept saying it's been processed. They guy has an Exam to write in the UK on Thursday and he explained all these to them yet nothing. He just cancelled his exam this morning and hoping they refund him. They don;t do refunds unless you show them a refusal letter from Immigration and he doesn't have. He just attached all his correspondences with them and hoping it works.

I have written a two page complaints to their complaint department, because this isn't fair and shouldn't be acceptable.

It's just unbelievable. Three months to process a visa as against 15 days...its just tiring!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bensky: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Good Afternoon My fellow Comrades,

I hope your day is going as planned?

Please i have just been denied a UK Visa. Kindly read the attach refusal and advise as i intend to re- apply immediately with the same documents and also request for tenancy agreement from my friend in the UK also how do i proof other funds paid into my account by my office for office expenses as i work as Administrative coordinator.

Please i would appreciate a quick response.

Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by saintbizero: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
bensky:

Please i have just been denied a UK Visa. Kindly read the attach refusal and advise as i intend to re- apply immediately with the same documents and also request for tenancy agreement from my friend in the UK also how do i proof other funds paid into my account by my office for office expenses as i work as Administrative coordinator.

Thank you.
you did your biometric when and where?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bensky: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
I did my Biometric in Lagos VI on the 13th of August.

saintbizero:
you did your biometric when and where?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2018
bensky:

Thank you.

Sorry about your refusal.

Before you reapply (which I would advise you not to do with these same circumstances), read the sections of the UK Immigration Rules under which your application was refused.

They cited V.4.2 (a), (c) and (e), as well as V.4.3 (c).

The first 3 sections go to your "ties" and funding for your proposed trip. The last one refers generally to the evidence that your friend in the UK is supposed to provide.

If the refusal notice correctly indicated the balances in your account and the amount that passed through it, and your salary then it appears that you do not satisfy the threshold for funding a trip to the UK. The money that passed through the account is clearly in excess of what you say you earn and that is automatically a red flag.

When they refuse under V.4.2 (a) and (c) that simply means that your ties to your home country are deemed insufficient. Throwing in V.4.2 (e) on funding shows that they think that you can't afford this trip and have an ulterior motive.

Also note that the amount of the funds that passed through your account is not just the only issue. They are also required to question the sources of funds, and having 600k plus monthly pass through the account of a person nominally earning 150k plus raises issues even if the funds are legitimately acquired and really do belong to that person.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bensky: 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
Thank you for your response. I work as an administrative coordinator and the money that pass through my account is for expenses which is properly narrated during the transfer into my account if they had check properly. So i receive money every week for office expenses and needs to use it for what it was meant for. Hence the regular inflow and out flow.

Cyberknight:

Sorry about your refusal.

Before you reapply (which I would advise you not to do with these same circumstances), read the sections of the UK Immigration Rules under which your application was refused.

They cited V.4.2 (a), (c) and (e), as well as V.4.3 (c).

The first 3 sections go to your "ties" and funding for your proposed trip. The last one refers generally to the evidence that your friend in the UK is supposed to provide.

If the refusal notice correctly indicated the balances in your account and the amount that passed through it, and your salary then it appears that you do not satisfy the threshold for funding a trip to the UK. The money that passed through the account is clearly in excess of what you say you earn and that is automatically a red flag.

When they refuse under V.4.2 (a) and (c) that simply means that your ties to your home country are deemed insufficient. Throwing in V.4.2 (e) on funding shows that they think that you can't afford this trip and have an ulterior motive.

Also note that the amount of the funds that passed through your account is not just the only issue. They are also required to question the sources of funds, and having 600k plus monthly pass through the account of a person nominally earning 150k plus raises issues even if the funds are legitimately acquired and really do belong to that person.

Best of luck to you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bensky: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2018
And to my funding for the trip i already stated i have 500k saved from last year in treasury bills of which i also got the certificate to backup
bensky:
Thank you for your response. I work as an administrative coordinator and the money that pass through my account is for expenses which is properly narrated during the transfer into my account if they had check properly. So i receive money every week for office expenses and needs to use it for what it was meant for. Hence the regular inflow and out flow.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by cerezo: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2018
My Good People, pls help review my circumstance. I wanna apply for 6 months, i have a sister who's a british citizen. Under the section where they ask if u have a friend or family in the uk, if i say yes and select that she's my sister and British citizen, what documents do i need to attach to support this. Mind you, i dont plan to stay with her because i normally book hotel accommodation. This will be my third uk visa if successful. I have been to uk twice and US once.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2018
bensky:

I understand.

However, you need to look at it from the ECO's standpoint.

It looks highly irregular for an organisation to pass its funds through a staff member's personal account for organisational purposes. Anyone would think you are carrying out money lodgement. The question that it raises is simply why the organisation does not have an account to which you are the sole signatory if it wants you and you alone to be in charge of disbursing these monies.

Again, you say you added your savings of 500k. Remember that you are required to look at your application from the ECO's standpoint, not yours. They have behaviours they look out for when assessing applications. Transactions that seem disproportional to the applicant's resources are considered red flags. That is how these applications are assessed. It makes sense to you, but may not to them.

If I were you, I would separate those two accounts, run them separately and then address other issues the ECO raised in the notice before re-applying any time from 6 months from now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Finesing: 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
mokikeoj:

Hello☺ I will be there next week from Thursday..
#tourist
When will.you be there?
Wednesday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by pinnu: 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2018
Same here... Biometrics since June 21st...Have called thrice,.... Several mails... Same response... They are still processing it. I am in dire need of my passport now. I don't know what to do again. It's so exhausting and frustrating.
Chuchunana:

It's just unbelievable. Three months to process a visa as against 15 days...its just tiring!

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.