Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532672 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lovesavvi: 11:57am On Jan 31, 2019
kprake9:
Good morning house,
I just collected my passport from DHL with 2 yrs Visit Visa issued.
l thank the house for all contributions, and am also wishing those that have submitted success in return.

thanks
Amen,congrat to you,pls when did u apply?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seunice01: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2019
Yes I am
Just go to bass.org.uk

You apply online and make payment

AGVV:
Good morning Sir, pls are u a member of British Society of Animal Science? If yes, how did u become one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
lovesavvi:
Amen,congrat to you,pls when did u apply?

Jan 15, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
Sugarkay:

thank you, though I was thinking of applying for a student visa to further my studies there

You can do that if you can afford it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
labiowo:
Good morning,Guru in the house,I need your advice as regard my situation,I plan to spend my annual leave holiday in UK and my cousin want me to bring his daughter in Nigeria along to come and spend Easter holiday in UK, Hope it wont affect my own chance of getting visa? Thanks for your usual assistance

How old is the girl?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
How old is the girl?[

The girl is 7 years old
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
[quote author=justwise post=75290914]

How old is the girl?[

The girl is 7 years old
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
labiowo:

How old is the girl?[

The girl is 7 years old

1. Is the daddy asking to apply for visa together with the kid?

2. Is the daddy a British citizen or a permanent resident?

3. How about the mother?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2019
justwise:

1. Is the daddy asking to apply for visa together with the kid?

2. Is the daddy a British citizen or a permanent resident?

3. How about the mother?

@justwise I really appreciate your response so far

1. I am the guardian which he said I should the opportunity of applying for UK visa to also apply for daughter
2.A British citizen
3.They are no longer together
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by seunice01: 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2019
Oga. Is it better to apply online or I should go to TLS office at Ikeja?

kprake9:

Jan 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
labiowo:

1. I am the guardian which he said I should the opportunity of applying for UK visa to also apply for daughter
2.A British citizen

It will be difficult to get this done. How will you proof that you are her guardian and convince the embassy without her mum's consent?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
justwise:

It will be difficult to get this done. How will you proof that you are her guardian and convince the embassy without her mum's consent?

Her mum is presently living in US,she was in support of her visiting UK and my major concern is that hope her circumstances won't affect my own application? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 11:17pm On Jan 31, 2019
seunice01:
Oga. Is it better to apply online or I should go to TLS office at Ikeja?

UK visas are normally done online afterwards you go to the TLS office u choose while filling the form online for submition and biometric capturing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 01, 2019
Good morning house, I have been following this thread silently for a while now and I have learnt a lot. God bless all the people giving professional advice.
I will like to visit the UK in 4years time with my family. My wife and daughter who is 5months old now we don't plan on having another baby at least for that duration. I have tbills that is worth 3million and I have 1m in my account. I work as a bartender in a club and earn 60k monthly and trade forex with worth of 2k$ now. I don't get any pay slip I get payed directly to my account. I have been to the UAE once in 2013. My money can amount to 12million in 4years time or even more from savings, others, and my wifes support. she has a small business not registered. We also have small properties without C of O that we collect rents from. Please how can I make this possible, I want to give my little angel the best and make sure she gets to travel and have fun too. Please what do we start to do from now to make that a reality. For the requirements I have seen, we don't stand a chance now but how do I make this possible in 4years. Do I start a business, register a company? Constructive advice please. Bless you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 5:53am On Feb 01, 2019
Beware of all these immigration lawyers...With NL you will get it right at no cost. Trust me

petetherock:
wow thank you so much, i got in touch with an immigration lawyer and he made me realize that am not off the hook, and wants to make a request to the home office regarding reports on the issue, In fact am no longer interested, because i understand that all of this might result in waste of time and money until the period of timing is over, Thanks a lot and please if you can kindly relay this case to anyone who can give somewhat a varying opinion over this issue, maybe i might stand a chance with my wife's TIER 2 Application as a dependent Kindly Oblige me. Am really grateful for your thoughts is quite expository, God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 6:02am On Feb 01, 2019
Congrats...
Pls kindly give details...1. is it your first 2yrs visa after 6mo
2.what are the docs submitted?
Thanks

kprake9:
Good morning house,
I just collected my passport from DHL with 2 yrs Visit Visa issued.
l thank the house for all contributions, and am also wishing those that have submitted success in return.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kprake9: 6:15am On Feb 01, 2019
tasho105:
Congrats...
Pls kindly give details...1. is it your first 2yrs visa after 6mo
2.what are the docs submitted?
Thanks

1. Yes
2. my bank statement, employment letter, Reference letter from my company, conference invitation letter, payslip, landed properties, marriage certificate, family photograph, children birth certificate, hotel reservation, photocopy of previous visa and detailed budget itinerary and after conference tour details in a cover letter.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:28am On Feb 01, 2019
labiowo:

Her mum is presently living in US,she was in support of her visiting UK and my major concern is that hope her circumstances won't affect my own application? Thanks
Apply separately else you may find it difficult to explain the situation.

A 7yrs old left by both parents and now they want you to take her to the U.K to visit the daddy.

I will be surprised if any of you is given a visa based on this situation.

You may be accused of child trafficking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Cyberknight: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2019
labiowo:

2.A British citizen

If her father is a British citizen, he should seek citizenship for her or her mother should do the same for her to get her a US passport which will enable her to travel to the UK.

However, unless you have legal guardianship papers, travelling with your ward even if she gets a visa/UK/US passport will be very tricky indeed considering the child trafficking situation.

I think you should follow the advice already given and allow either of the parents to undertake this visa process themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mojohnny(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2019
Good morning everyone.
I am new to this thread.
I want to take the PLAB 1 examination in the UK in June. I will need to be in the UK for about 1 week. I have an Aunt there so I will be staying with her for that duration.
Please I would like to know the documents required, Account balance that should be sufficient and any other relevant information.

If there is a particular portion of this thread that has the above information I would like to be pointed there.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tasho105(m): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2019
Many thanks...

kprake9:

1. Yes
2. my bank statement, employment letter, Reference letter from my company, conference invitation letter, payslip, landed properties, marriage certificate, family photograph, children birth certificate, hotel reservation, photocopy of previous visa and detailed budget itinerary and after conference tour details in a cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
justwise:

Apply separately else you may find it difficult to explain the situation.

A 7yrs old left by both parents and now they want you to take her to the U.K to visit the daddy.

I will be surprised if any of you is given a visa based on this situation.

You may be accused of child trafficking
@Justwise
Thanks for your assistance as regard this issue.i I really appreciate your kind gesture.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by labiowo: 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
Cyberknight:

If her father is a British citizen, he should seek citizenship for her or her mother should do the same for her to get her a US passport which will enable her to travel to the UK.

However, unless you have legal guardianship papers, travelling with your ward even if she gets a visa/UK/US passport will be very tricky indeed considering the child trafficking situation.

I think you should follow the advice already given and allow either of the parents to undertake this visa process themselves.
@Cyberknight I really appreciate your input too. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 01, 2019
Good day everyone

Please I need a sincere answer..
Am thinking of migrating to UK permanently on work purpose, although I don't know anyone there and I haven't got any offer yet, my question is how do I go about it in securing a job while still in Nigeria, secondly should I apply for work visa, or visit Visa because I have heard some people saying that once the visit visa is granted I can use the opportunity to look for job while still in the country although I don't support false documents.. I will love to go there clean and continue my work as mechanical engineer

Pls your contributions will be highly appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.