Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1525073 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2019
Iboloh:
Yes i am going to Gatwick airport. that's where my flight is taking off from to Antigua. but I'm going from lag to Heathrow airport.
Lagos-Heathrow
Gatwick- Antigua

You don't need transit visa then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
Courage19:
Good afternoon house,

Please i applied for a renewal of my UK visa. I have always had a valid visiting/student visas since 2009.

But i got this email few days ago:

'Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, as the processing of your application has not been straightforward. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.'

My submission will be 15 days tomorrow.

Please any advise on this mail.

Thank you

Nothing to worry about here, this is a standard email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iboloh: 2:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
justwise:

please explain. I am a bit confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aadeyi: 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
Gurus in the house please help on this.............

aadeyi:
Please House, I need help!

I just submitted an application for my Parent and my sister for vacation in the UK and they have an appointment by the end of the month.
-I will be the sole sponsor of everything
-I live and work in the US, I also have a business in Nigeria that I run from the US.
-Last year I sponsored my parents to the US and my sister to Dubai cos she was refused a US vis.
-Now I want them to go and celebrate my Dads birthday in the UK and also my parents wedding anniversary.

-I have paid their visa fee and all. But I need an advise on what are the appropriate documents I need to put together so their application can be approved.

FYI
- I am using my Nigerian personal account for my business. But the flow is very funny (if 50m enter there today, I will transfer it out within 1weeek because I have to convert it to dollar to be able to use in the US for my business), so I dont know if this will be a red flag!

-Also I earn 6figures in the US which is evidence with my paycheck and account statement (Is this sufficient to prove or I should add my Naija Acct? The point is everytime money leaves my Nigerian account, it can be evidenced in my US account)

So please, what does the right documentation looks like for me. What should my cover letter look like? Please I need help.

Thanks Gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Courage19: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2019
justwise:

Nothing to worry about here, this is a standard email

Thank you for the response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Courage19: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
justwise:

He will be needing a transit.He has to land in Heathrow Airport, enter London and board a bus/train to get to Gatwick Airport. He'll be passing through Border Control

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hi all,

I read that if you have been previously refused visa, you might not be able to use certain services, for instance, under the priority service section on the TLS website, it says if you've been refused visa, you're most likely not going to get a response within the regular 5 working days timeline.

Also, when filling out my application form, under the section where you're asked to fill in reason for visa refusal, they asked for the ref number of the refusal letter and also a background (more info on why visa was refused), then it said that information will help speed up the application process.

My question now is, does a refusal affect the regular 15 working days timeline for decision to be made, or it is possible to receive a response within the regular 15 WD period?

I wouldn't mind also hearing from anyone who has has reapplied after a refusal.

Many thanks
N
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Grace135: 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
Please don't pass me by. I need answer to this. House, please I want to apply for uk visit visa. Do i have to use my salary account? Or would my savings account and payslip be okay for the application process? Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
Iboloh:

please explain. I am a bit confused.

Do you have a ticket from Heathrow to Gatwick airport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
Courage19:

He will be needing a transit.He has to land in Heathrow Airport, enter London and board a bus/train to get to Gatwick Airport. He'll be passing through Border Control

Not necessary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
Desore:
Hello Gurus,

Greetings!

I intend to apply for 2 years visa.

My concerns are these.

1. I don't leave cash in my salary account but I have maintained a minimum balance of 350k and have been using my salary account for my investments. In July, when I got my first 6months Visa, I started running 2 mutual fund accounts (ARM and Stanbic) which I transfer 50k and 80k to the mutual accounts respectively, I do this same day I get my salary.
The worth of both Mutual Funds is about 300k and 400k individually.

2. In August, I did a T-Bills investment of 1m for 91 days tenor which dropped in November and in same month of November I did another one for 91 days and it dropped on Jan 31, 2019.

Since I will be applying for 2 years visa this month, I decided to let the money rest in my account. The balance of my salary account is about 1.4m

Do I need to get a letter for both mutual funds accounts and statements?

Do I have to provide the T-bills certificate for the already matured investments so that it won't be termed as Lodgement?

Hope my application won't be complicated?

How do i demonstrate, that i need to visit the UK regularly

Hope its qualifies / eligible for 2 years visa

Basic info.
My salary is 260k
Im single
Family invitation (Uncle)

Thank you for your assistance.

Cc: @justwise

What is your budget for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iboloh: 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
justwise:

Do you have a ticket from Heathrow to Gatwick airport?
yes I do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
Iboloh:

yes I do

If you don't hear from them you can still travel and when you get to heathrow airport explain your situation to border agent they will allow you to continue your journey. Don't forget to mention to them that you have applied for transit visa but it did not come out before your travel date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Feb 05, 2019
Desore:

500k (1000Pounds)
Ticket estimated 260k
The remaining balance for my living expenses and visiting and paying tickets for tourists attractions.

My uncle will be responsible for my feeding and accommodation.

Then present that with a supporting document to defend the source of that money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by aadeyi: 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
@justwise can you please help look into this?

aadeyi:

I just submitted an application for my Parent and my sister for vacation in the UK and they have an appointment by the end of the month.
-I live and work in the US, I also have a business in Nigeria that I run from the US.
-Last year I sponsored my parents to the US and my sister to Dubai cos she was refused a US vis.
-Now I want them to go and celebrate my Dads birthday in the UK and also my parents wedding anniversary.

-I have paid their visa fee and all. But I need an advise on what are the appropriate documents I need to put together so their application can be approved.

FYI
- I am using my Nigerian personal account for my business. But the flow is very funny (if 50m enter there today, I will transfer it out within 1weeek because I have to convert it to dollar to be able to use in the US for my business), so I dont know if this will be a red flag!

-Also I earn 6figures in the US which is evidence with my paycheck and account statement (Is this sufficient to prove or I should add my Naija Acct? The point is everytime money leaves my Nigerian account, it can be evidenced in my US account)

So please, what does the right documentation looks like for me. What should my cover letter look like? Please I need help.

Thanks Gurus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
Desore:

Thank you so much

What should be the reason for wishing to visit FREQUENTLY /or applying for 2years visa instead of 6months? How do one demonstrate that?

Only you can answer that..if i tell you anything then i will be lying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
aadeyi:

FYI

Thanks Gurus

The reason why i don't answer questions like this..is because this thread is full of answers to such question and many have listed documents they submitted for visiting visa

In addition to info here you can also read this link https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
Desore:

Thank you so much

What should be the reason for wishing to visit FREQUENTLY /or applying for 2years visa instead of 6months? How do one demonstrate that?

Is there really a way of demonstrating that? If it's not a first time application, I doubt you need to show any other document. Maybe just an added comment in the space for additional information that you will be travelling to UK frequently for vacation, visits, tourism, whatever it is you do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 12:39am On Feb 06, 2019
blank:

Is there really a way of demonstrating that? If it's not a first time application, I doubt you need to show any other document. Maybe just an added comment in the space for additional information that you will be travelling to UK frequently for vacation, visits, tourism, whatever it is you do.

Thank you,

I will add this in my cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Desore: 12:44am On Feb 06, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iboloh: 2:46am On Feb 06, 2019
justwise:

If you don't hear from them you can still travel and when you get to heathrow airport explain your situation to border agent they will allow you to continue your journey. Don't forget to mention to them that you have applied for transit visa but it did not come out before your travel date

okay. can I request for the release of my passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:26am On Feb 06, 2019
Iboloh:

okay. can I request for the release of my passport

Sure you can do that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:27am On Feb 06, 2019
Desore:
How much money do you have in your saving??

Pls is this referring to the money in the salary account or investment ??

All the money you have saved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Iboloh: 8:49am On Feb 06, 2019
justwise:

Sure you can do that
Thanks alot. Am grateful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.