Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,419 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535676 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
How soon or late can one apply for a visa from the intended date of travel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bolajiboi(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Okay. Thank u justwise

quote author=justwise post=43743965]

There is no time scale[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Itstyme(m): 2:15am On Mar 14, 2016
Guys! Please I own a business/company by the side in Nigeria which got registered officially last year Oct though have been in the said business since 2012.

Secondly, I am presently out of Nigeria pursuing my second degree and I intend applying for a uk visit visa from here towards this forthcoming summer. My questions are;

1, Under the section of employment status, am I to choose student (working) or self employed?

2, Also, what should the date at which the stated employment started be? Is it the official date on the certificate from CAC or I could choose the date in 2012? NB: The business wasn't officially registered with CAC until October 2015

3, Is it possible for me to submit my bank account statement from my home country i.e. Nigeria here abroad in support to my forthcoming standard visitor's visa application?

4, If yes to (3), I am not based on a monthly salary, I run my finances solely. How do I show or proof a monthly income. The accounts runs on a day to day activities and not stipulated to an exact amount at a point in time. There are large sum of deposits at times.

Please note, I am a resident here abroad and a registered student and major of my finances is in my bank account in Nigeria. Although I also have a bank account here abroad but it's only used for my maintenance purpose here hence I would like to submit an additional bank statement of that of my account from my home country i.e. Nigeria which contains a good and substantial financial record.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:25am On Mar 14, 2016
Itstyme:
Guys! Please I own a business/company by the side in Nigeria which got registered officially last year Oct though have been in the said business since 2012.

Secondly, I am presently out of Nigeria pursuing my second degree and I intend applying for a uk visit visa from here towards this forthcoming summer. My questions are;

1, Under the section of employment status, am I to choose student (working) or self employed?

2, Also, what should the date at which the stated employment started be? Is it the official date on the certificate from CAC or I could choose the date in 2012? NB: The business wasn't officially registered with CAC until October 2015

3, Is it possible for me to submit my bank account statement from my home country i.e. Nigeria here abroad in support to my forthcoming standard visitor's visa application?

4, If yes to (3), I am not based on a monthly salary, I run my finances solely. How do I show or proof a monthly income. The accounts runs on a day to day activities and not stipulated to an exact amount at a point in time. There are large sum of deposits at times.

Please note, I am a resident here abroad and a registered student and major of my finances is in my bank account in Nigeria. Although I also have a bank account here abroad but it's only used for my maintenance purpose here hence I would like to submit an additional bank statement of that of my account from my home country i.e. Nigeria which contains a good and substantial financial record.

If you must apply, you should consider applying in Nigeria because that is where you have your strong ties which are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence; your family and social relationships, employment, and possessions. Some examples of ‘ties’ can be family, a job or business, a house, a bank account, and investments.

Let me quickly inform you that it's not enough to have a registered business in Nigeria. Is your company Tax compliance as prescribed by law? visa officers have the understanding that just anybody can register a business in Nigeria and get the title "CEO". The officers are trained and can easily evaluate your company through its tax clearance certificate to determine its financial strength, capacity and most importantly to know if the business is subsisting. In the officer’s point of view, the tax clearance certificate is a very important document issued by the Government only to legitimate business entities after filing returns at every fiscal year. Through this document, the officer can reach a quick decision whether or not your business is legitimate and is substantial enough to compel you to leave the UK at the end of your temporary visit.

You also mentioned that there are large sum deposits in your business account. From what source do they come from? Do you have the contract documents i:e contract letter, invoives, bill of lading, award letter to show proof of funds from a verifiable source? For your company's bank statement to be considered, the in flows must commensurate with the company's earnings and business activities.

Lastly, since your company was newly formed in October 2015 and yet to commence tax payment, I'll advise you grow your business for two years to qualify you for a visitor visa, except you have a very important business dealing with a reputable company in the UK that will benefit both companies and Governments.

You can give it a try but these are the odds I found against you:

No ties abroad
Newly formed company
Yet to commence tax payment
Lump sum deposit without proof of funds
No company structure

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:29am On Mar 14, 2016
RetroBoy:
How soon or late can one apply for a visa from the intended date of travel?

3 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by easyxtan: 9:36am On Mar 14, 2016
I just Got this message this morning

Dear XXXXXX

A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Yours sincerely,

Lagos Visa Section

It was sent by LAGOSVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk not Tlscontact Noreply, i applied last Tuesday 8th and decision made today Monday 14Th, That seem fast, and what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:03am On Mar 14, 2016
easyxtan:
I just Got this message this morning

Dear XXXXXX

A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Yours sincerely,

Lagos Visa Section

It was sent by LAGOSVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk not Tlscontact Noreply, i applied last Tuesday 8th and decision made today Monday 14Th, That seem fast, and what do you think?

Fear not. Go and collect your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by arowoloaffiss: 11:08am On Mar 14, 2016
But my concern is the personal bank statements don't really have active transactions. we just opened them for salary purposes. Do we need to still include them or just provide the letter of cash payments and payslips. (can't this be sufficient?).

justwise:

Ok i get that now, reapply and add your bank statement(get a letter from your company to explain the cash payment method) and family pictures if you married
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Itstyme(m): 11:23am On Mar 14, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

If you must apply, you should consider applying in Nigeria because that is where you have your strong ties which are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your country of residence; your family and social relationships, employment, and possessions. Some examples of ‘ties’ can be family, a job or business, a house, a bank account, and investments.

Let me quickly inform you that it's not enough to have a registered business in Nigeria. Is your company Tax compliance as prescribed by law? visa officers have the understanding that just anybody can register a business in Nigeria and get the title "CEO". The officers are trained and can easily evaluate your company through its tax clearance certificate to determine its financial strength, capacity and most importantly to know if the business is subsisting. In the officer’s point of view, the tax clearance certificate is a very important document issued by the Government only to legitimate business entities after filing returns at every fiscal year. Through this document, the officer can reach a quick decision whether or not your business is legitimate and is substantial enough to compel you to leave the UK at the end of your temporary visit.

You also mentioned that there are large sum deposits in your business account. From what source do they come from? Do you have the contract documents i:e contract letter, invoives, bill of lading, award letter to show proof of funds from a verifiable source? For your company's bank statement to be considered, the in flows must commensurate with the company's earnings and business activities.

Lastly, since your company was newly formed in October 2015 and yet to commence tax payment, I'll advise you grow your business for two years to qualify you for a visitor visa, except you have a very important business dealing with a reputable company in the UK that will benefit both companies and Governments.

You can give it a try but these are the odds I found against you:

No ties abroad
Newly formed company
Yet to commence tax payment
Lump sum deposit without proof of funds
No company structure

Thank you for the detailed response it's well understood. And yes there are documents to show the lump sum of deposits. Also, I don't intend using the company's account but my own personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vcole: 11:35am On Mar 14, 2016
You can apply for a visitor visa. Put in all your necessary documents, including your bank statement(s), university certificate, etc. If you have the letter of invitation for the interview, then you can print it out and add to your documents. if you don't, ask the company for one. Get a hotel reservation for your intended stay and write a cover letter introducing yourself and your current circumstances and your reason for applying, etc and stay positive. Yes, you can apply for a priority visa at the Ikeja VAC. its an added fee but you'll get fast track processing.
hsim247:
Hello house. I got an invitation to a job interview in the UK and I'm trying to arrange my visa application. I actually just returned in January after doing my Msc there. I'm presently job hunting but I have savings to the tune of about 1.5m. What are my chances and how do I package a strong visa application?
Also is there a means of getting a fast tracked application with the British embassy in Lagos?
Thanks.
This may be late now but yes, you need him to write you a letter of sponsorship stating that he will be financially responsible for your trip. You should also include proof of his employment (letter of intro from his employer, employment letter, payslips), or business registration documents if he's self employed or any source of income such as rent receipts, landed documents if he has those. Also, submit your personal bank statement irrespective of the amount of funds contained therein. Yes, you can use the statement. the rule is that your documents should not be older than 28days.
harriesvivian:
Happy Sunday. Please I have few questions to ask. I'm using my dads bank statement to apply for a visiting visa. Do I need a letter from him that confirms he's giving me permission to use his bank statement.
Also the bank statement was printed out on the 23rd of February. My appointment is tomorrow. Can I still use the bank statement. Thank you guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

3 months
Thanks. is that a fixed rule or is it flexible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by vcole: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2016
For UK visa purposes, documentation is everything. Get a letter of introduction from your employer, payslips, cash payment letters, salary account statement AND any other personal account statements that you possess. If your company is sponsoring the trip, also include a detailed letter of sponsorship from your company and the company bank statements as well. Include the letter of invitation from the UK company. Add other relevant documents and re-apply and keep your fingers crossed.
arowoloaffiss:
But my concern is the personal bank statements don't really have active transactions. we just opened them for salary purposes. Do we need to still include them or just provide the letter of cash payments and payslips. (can't this be sufficient?).

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2016
Itstyme:

Thank you for the detailed response it's well understood. And yes there are documents to show the lump sum of deposits. Also, I don't intend using the company's account but my own personal account.

If you're applying as the "owner" of a company, you must submit your company's document which should include, certificate of incorporation, memorandum and article of association, company's tax clearance certificate, company's bank statement of account including your personal bank statement showing your earnings from your company.

For business owners, you cannot omit your company's bank statement of account, that would lead to instant refusal. Another important document is the memorandum and article of association where the visa officer can easily verify your stake and shares in the company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
RetroBoy:

Thanks.
is that a fixed rule or is it flexible?

Not fixed. It is only advised to apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK, since decision can take from 5 to 60days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
Itstyme:

Let me speak from experience from applying in a country outside your normal residence.

First off where are you studying?
Does the Uk embassy there allow a non-national to apply for Uk visa from that country.

If they do what's the processing time for that visa. I say this because some countries say yes but its their perogative how long they keep your passport it could be upto 90days and even more.

If they do allow the visa application its your TIES to the country you are currently resident that's important. So since you say you are studying the you need documentation from your university stating you are a current student, class attendance school fees paid etc. The letter should be addressed to the Uk embassy you are applying to.

Show your finances both in the country your studying and where you come from. Its just to show how you intend to fund your trip.
The whole tax etc part may not be necessary because your case is different since you are not applying from Nigeria.

Note of warning please apply only during your vacation time or at least at a time that shows you have something in your school to cone back to e.g project, exams etc.
This is why documents from your school are important showing term time exam time project/thesis schedule.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
[quote author=FrontPageLawyer post=43759526]
If you're applying as the "owner" of a company, you must submit your, [b][/b]company's tax clearance certificate,...including [b][/b]your personal bank statement showing your earnings from your company....

Reading the above makes me understand better what God has done for me & family. He sees our sincerity of purpose......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Itstyme(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

If you're applying as the "owner" of a company, you must submit your company's document which should include, certificate of incorporation, memorandum and article of association, company's tax clearance certificate, company's bank statement of account including your personal bank statement showing your earnings from your company.

For business owners, you cannot omit your company's bank statement of account, that would lead to instant refusal. Another important document is the memorandum and article of association where the visa officer can easily verify your stake and shares in the company.

Oh yea? Thanks once again. Will review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Itstyme(m): 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
salsera:

Let me speak from experience from applying in a country outside your normal residence.

First off where are you studying?
Does the Uk embassy there allow a non-national to apply for Uk visa from that country.

If they do what's the processing time for that visa. I say this because some countries say yes but its their perogative how long they keep your passport it could be upto 90days and even more.

If they do allow the visa application its your TIES to the country you are currently resident that's important. So since you say you are studying the you need documentation from your university stating you are a current student, class attendance school fees paid etc. The letter should be addressed to the Uk embassy you are applying to.

Show your finances both in the country your studying and where you come from. Its just to show how you intend to fund your trip.
The whole tax etc part may not be necessary because your case is different since you are not applying from Nigeria.

Note of warning please apply only during your vacation time or at least at a time that shows you have something in your school to cone back to e.g project, exams etc.
This is why documents from your school are important showing term time exam time project/thesis schedule.

Yes they do accept non national visa application as long as you are living legally. Processing time is three weeks max as stated by the embassy. All the stated documentation from the University can be achieved. So what do you advise my status should be in the online form? Student (working), Self employed or student(not working)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello guys. Please I have one question. Do you need a tuberculosis test certificate to get a visiting uk visa or it's just for tier 4 student visa. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2016
Thatfiyahgirl:
Hello guys. Please I have one question. Do you need a tuberculosis test certificate to get a visiting uk visa or it's just for tier 4 student visa. Thank you

You don't need a TB test for a visitor visa.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Itstyme:

Yes they do accept non national visa application as long as you are living legally. Processing time is three weeks max as stated by the embassy. All the stated documentation from the University can be achieved. So what do you advise my status should be in the online form? Student (working), Self employed or student(not working)?

You are a student nah
Do you work in the country you're studying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2016
Itstyme:

Yes you are a student nah.
Do you work un the country you're studying?

The fact that you have a business running in Nigeria doesn't make you a working student oh.

Your business is how you.have funded your studies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2016
My people, my friends application is ready for submission and will be submitting on thursday... documents are as below-

Invitation docs from his Mother in UK
Application form
International Passport
Application fee & Return courier receipt
Introduction letter from company
Offer of employment letter
Salary review letter
Recommendation letter
Payslipz
ID card
Consent letter from wife
Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate and sons'
Fathers' death Certificate
Mothers' affidavit of change of name, since she re-married a british citizen in 1986 and the man gave her a Muslim name to add with the existing names.
Bank statement. ( Salary Acct) 640k balance
Family pictures and wedding pics. No lodgement at all, just salaries.

Please let us know what other docs we might need.

Finally what documents do we need to photocopy??

Justwise, frontpageL, worry..., where is iblaw and ogreen?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
askari01:
My people, my friends application is ready for submission and will be submitting on thursday... documents are as below-

Application form
International Passport
Salary review letter
Recommendation letter
Payslipz
ID card
Consent letter from wife
Marriage Certificate
Mothers' affidavit of change of name, since she re-married a british citizen in 1986 and the man gave her a Muslim name to add with the existing names.
Family pictures and wedding pics.

Your documents are in order, but I consider the bolded inconsequential.

How powerful is your cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Your documents are in order, but I consider the bolded inconsequential.

How powerful is your cover letter?

Well, The consent letter from wife is just to confirm that his wife knows about his trip and all arrangement has been made towards the upkeep of his family while away.

The death and affidavit came with the mothers' documents so as to show and confirm that she remarried another person after my friends' father passed on. I am sure they BdHC does have them in their records. Let me know pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
askari01:

Well, The consent letter from wife is just to confirm that his wife knows about his trip and all arrangement has been made towards the upkeep of his family while away.

The death and affidavit came with the mothers' documents so as to show and confirm that she remarried another person after my friends' father passed on. I am sure they BdHC does have them in their records. Let me know pls

Seriously those documents are not important as you think. Work on your strong ties, employment, financial documents and family.

Good luck my great brother.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Seriously those documents are not important as you think. Work on your strong ties, employment, financial documents and family.

Good luck my great brother.

So do u advise we remove the 3 documents?

Consent letter from wife
Mothers' Affidavit for change of name

Pls let me know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Thatfiyahgirl: 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

You don't need a TB test for a visitor visa.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by iblaw: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
askari01:

Application form
International Passport
Salary review letter
Recommendation letter
Payslipz
ID card
Consent letter from wife
Marriage Certificate
Family pictures and wedding pics. No lodgement at all, just salaries.

The only thing outstanding is evidence of tax payment as an employee and the listed document thats not necessary is the Consent Letter from Wife.

Unfortunately you didnt state how much you earn monthly and how much you intend to spent on this trip...keep your expenses low and reasonable as much as you can...all depends on how much you earn

Take a copy of all documents along and if not necessary, keep copies in a personal file for future reference purpose.

Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Semilorepupo: 9:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello Pple, pls I need ur advise as per UK re application. I was refused a 6mnths Visit visa last week despite I have travelled to d US befr and didn't exceed 3weeks. I work in a company and earn 130k monthly after tax deductions. I submitted offer letter, pay slip bank statement and every other thing related to my work including my ID card. My acc balance is approximately 1.7million. I also stated in my form that I work as a freelance for a property firm which I didn't submit any documentation regarding that because I felt since it's just a freelance job. And I don't even have any documentation to bck that up we all no what freelancing means. But to my surprise I was denied a visa because d consuler felt der was no evidence backing that up. I intend to apply as soon as possible but I need guidelines pls. God bless u all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.