Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1535524 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hello Guys,

Am about to start my application for a UK visa to write a professional examination in June, while trying to select visa type after selecting the first section which is visitor visa, I was presented with a subsection including "Business", "Business (Academic)", "Business (Creative)" etc.

I want to believe my category should be "Business (Academic)" as oppose to just "Business".

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Note: The "Business (Academic)" also have a subsection which included duration choice ranging from six months to 1 year.

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by novicee(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
fishnatty:
did you get married to you fiancee before you got ur suppose visa cos am I the same situation pls I will like to personally from you
You have to get married before you can apply for a spouse/settlement visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harriesvivian: 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hello all. I have a question please I'll appreciate it if I can get a response. My friend wants to send me an invite, her utility bill and her passport data page because she's the one inviting me to the uk. Does she have to dhl these documents or she can scan and email it while I print it? Because I heard all documents have to be original. Please help. Thank u so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 3:45am On Mar 10, 2016
harriesvivian:
Hello all. I have a question please I'll appreciate it if I can get a response. My friend wants to send me an invite, her utility bill and her passport data page because she's the one inviting me to the uk. Does she have to dhl these documents or she can scan and email it while I print it? Because I heard all documents have to be original. Please help. Thank u so much
She doesn't have to courier it, scanned emailed copy is fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by harriesvivian: 5:25am On Mar 10, 2016
ifyalways:

She doesn't have to courier it, scanned emailed copy is fine.

Thank you for your response. Does she have to sign the invite letter? Or just type and forward to me and I print out? Or type, print out, sign then scan and send to me? Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 7:01am On Mar 10, 2016
harriesvivian:

Thank you for your response. Does she have to sign the invite letter? Or just type and forward to me and I print out? Or type, print out, sign then scan and send to me? Thanks a lot
She has to sign it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
How much do you spend monthly on living cost? Is 100gbp realistic for a family of 3...Pls answer me asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
askari01:
How much is do you spend monthly on living cost? Is 100gbp realistic for a family of 3...Pls answer me asap cos

Just try to be sincere as much as possible.
ECO will know if you are sincere or not Judging from your evidence of income (salary plus income from assets). Therefore look at your stated monthly income (which is verifiable via ur account stmnt) other income generated monthly (the supporting docs for the other income) and determine a reasonable monthly expenditure.

If you are sincere and qualify to some extent with luck on your side, you will be granted. Or how do you explain, visa granted a family of four using the family company account without any monthly salary payment nor Tax clearance shown?! Sincerity plus God's Grace
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
askari01:
How much do you spend monthly on living cost? Is 100gbp realistic for a family of 3...Pls answer me asap

For me, it's Internet N7,000, fuelling N9,000 DSTV 11,750, utility bill 3,000, gas N3,500, plus additional N20,000. That's about £170 more or less. You just have to be sincere in all your calculation, it's all part of integrity test.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by abnot: 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

For me, it's Internet N7,000, fuelling N9,000 DSTV 11,750, utility bill 3,000, gas N3,500, plus additional N20,000. That's about £170 more or less. You just have to be sincere in all your calculation, it's all part of integrity test.

Man i put GPB150 in mine as am a single bachelor and I dont keep track of my spending.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kindly access t following_

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND EACH MONTH ON LIVING COSTS? 130GBP

HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDENTS? 20GBP

WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF YOUR TRIP IN GBP(£)? 800GBP

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE FOR THIS TRIP? 800gbp

THE COST OF THE AEROPLANE, BOAT OR TRAIN TICKETS. ? 590 gbp (turkish airline)

THE COST OF YOUR ACCOMMODATION. NIL.... family visit

THE COST OF YOUR LIVING EXPENSES? 210 GBP

Waiting for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Jbrain1990: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
Please I want to know how do I apply for a Uk visa I'm going on ma own just to stay der
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nairacountry(m): 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
askari01:
HOW MUCH OF YOUR TOTAL MONTHLY INCOME IS GIVEN TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND OTHER DEPENDENTS? 20GBP

On monthly living cost,
How much income (salary+others) you declared?
Aeroplane & accommodation look okay. cost of living (how many days are you staying). Total money for the trip, I'll suggest not more than 60% of bal on your account . Then, I presume you can put up to 80% of it as fund available for the trip. My opinion though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Semilorepupo: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hello Pple, pls I need ur advise as per UK re application. I was refused a 6mnths Visit visa last week despite I have travelled to d US befr and didn't exceed 3weeks. I work in a company and earn 130k monthly after tax deductions. I submitted offer letter, pay slip bank statement and every other thing related to my work including my ID card. My acc balance is approximately 1.7million. I also stated in my form that I work as a freelance for a property firm which I didn't submit any documentation regarding that because I felt since it's just a freelance job. And I don't even have any documentation to bck that up we all no what freelancing means. But to my surprise I was denied a visa because d consular felt der was no evidence backing that up. I intend to apply as soon as possible but I need guidelines pls. God bless u all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
NaGodwin:
You stated that the cost of the trip is 1500 GBP, my guy, Abeg where the money wan come from? Let me assume that u had a fixed deposit investment that was supposed to mature before travel date.

You funny oh

Bro tx. I agree that I made a big mistake for the earlier application. But can I re apply now? With a bank balance of 800k obtained from salary arrears, donation from wife and from a jointly owned company. All these were accumulated over two months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 6:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
youseuph:

Bro tx. I agree that I made a big mistake for the earlier application. But can I re apply now? With a bank balance of 800k obtained from salary arrears, donation from wife and from a jointly owned company. All these were accumulated over two months.

Why the rush my brother, Why not perfect ur statement of account within the next 6 months? Remember you are not gonna be there to defend yourself... if you fail to plan WELL, then you plan to fail again. 6months ain't too long bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
askari01:

Well, I believe you've been well groomed for this process.

You've worked out a very prudent budget, but let us compare it with your closing balance and monthly wages.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Semilorepupo:
Hello Pple, pls I need ur advise as per UK re application. I was refused a 6mnths Visit visa last week despite I have travelled to d US befr and didn't exceed 3weeks. I work in a company and earn 130k monthly after tax deductions. I submitted offer letter, pay slip bank statement and every other thing related to my work including my ID card. My acc balance is approximately 1.7million. I also stated in my form that I work as a freelance for a property firm which I didn't submit any documentation regarding that because I felt since it's just a freelance job. And I don't even have any documentation to bck that up we all no what freelancing means. But to my surprise I was denied a visa because d consular felt der was no evidence backing that up. I intend to apply as soon as possible but I need guidelines pls. God bless u all.

No guidelines can be given if we don't state precisely why your visa application was refused.

You can scan copy of your refusal letter or carefully detail it here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

Well, I believe you've been well groomed for this process.

You've worked out a very prudent budget, but let us compare it with your closing balance and monthly wages.

@frontpagelawyer... Na so ooo, just wanted to enlighten some new and silent readers.. Well, it's my friend that's applying, his monthly salary is 120K and his closing balance is 630K, he's going on a family visit. I read 6 months visa application fee is now $123, pls confirm if true

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by youseuph(m): 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
askari01:

Why the rush my brother, Why not perfect ur statement of account within the next 6 months? Remember you are not gonna be there to defend yourself... if you fail to plan WELL, then you plan to fail again. 6months ain't too long bro

I will do exactly as you advised. You have helped a brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
youseuph:

I will do exactly as you advised. You have helped a brother

Please do my brother, before you know it, it's six months, Make sure ur salary payment comes directly from your company' account to ur salary account, Morealso, avoid any other payment asides your Salary.. use other account for any other savings since u are not using it for the visa application. Stay away from salary arrears, donation from wife, or even join business as you have sai earlier...We all knows those trick but
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 8:08am On Mar 11, 2016
How close to the application should one get a bank statement? A week before, or a few days before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by RetroBoy: 8:14am On Mar 11, 2016
nairacountry:

On monthly living cost,
How much income (salary+others) you declared?
Aeroplane & accommodation look okay. cost of living (how many days are you staying). Total money for the trip, I'll suggest not more than 60% of bal on your account . Then, I presume you can put up to 80% of it as fund available for the trip. My opinion though
WHAT IS THE COST TO YOU PERSONALLY OF THIS TRIP? - Does this mean the amount to be spent on the trip(budget) , or how much I have available for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by NaGodwin: 8:46am On Mar 11, 2016
Oga FrontpageLawyer.

Dis ur 9000 for fuel, na monthly? My suv dey drink 9k less than 1 week (with the present #135 per litre change from Buhari), Abeg show me d way Sir, 9k monthly na Magic.

FrontPageLawyer:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by zoomzu(f): 9:35am On Mar 11, 2016
Good morning Oga Justwise, FrontPage Lawyer and other gurus in the house, Please I need your guide on how to package my account for the renewal of my visa. I am planning to get 2 years, I travelled twice last year with my six months visa (1st trip 7 days, 2nd trip 1 month). I work in reputable organisation with 8 years in its service. My dilema is that I do not keep hold of money in my account, buy I have N1.7m in my cooperative account. As my salary is paid, i put part in my cooperative while the remaining goes into my building project and household expenses. I earn N145,000/month. I am happily married with 2 kids. Please, guide me on how to package my account for my renewal. All other papers are intact and readily available. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2016
RetroBoy:
How close to the application should one get a bank statement?
A week before, or a few days before.

Don't give the ECO any slight opportunity to refuse ur application, 1- 7 days prior submission is better, pls avoid any form of lodgement, it's worked before but not anymore, Infact It's one of the mistakes made by applicants.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 10:08am On Mar 11, 2016
NaGodwin:
Oga FrontpageLawyer.

Dis ur 9000 for fuel, na monthly? My suv dey drink 9k less than 1 week (with the present #135 per litre change from Buhari), Abeg show me d way Sir, 9k monthly na Magic.

Nothing is impossible my brother, You drive SUV but frontpage might be driving a Toyota Corolla 2001- 13,like you said, those models don't DRINK gas. I use 10-15 litres from Lagos- Ibadan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 10:30am On Mar 11, 2016
zoomzu:
Good morning Oga Justwise, FrontPage Lawyer and other gurus in the house, Please I need your guide on how to package my account for the renewal of my visa. I am planning to get 2 years, I travelled twice last year with my six months visa (1st trip 7 days, 2nd trip 1 month). I work in reputable organisation with 8 years in its service. My dilema is that I do not keep hold of money in my account, buy I have N1.7m in my cooperative account. As my salary is paid, i put part in my cooperative while the remaining goes into my building project and household expenses. I earn N145,000/month. I am happily married with 2 kids. Please, guide me on how to package my account for my renewal. All other papers are intact and readily available. Thank you.

My candid advice for you is to run your salary account perfectly for another 4-6months. You have been there before so no rushing, take your time pls. Avoid lodgements cos it will cause problem for you, The account verification department will pick out all lodgements in ur account statement so don't think they don't have time, I am saying these Becos your present situation could push you to doing that... a lot of people have been to the UK on. 6month visa but today it has become story, why? Becos they couldn't take their time to perfect their account statement for 2yrs renewal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:33am On Mar 11, 2016
NaGodwin:
Oga FrontpageLawyer.

Lol.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2016
zoomzu:

You cannot use your cooperative account to apply for a visiting visa even though it it considered a liquid asset, reason is because the money is not readily available for use.

You have a strong employment ties and I want to believe your salary account reflects all transactions as you have mentioned; from your salary account to cooperative and building project. But then, how much are you budgeting for your trip to the UK and from which account are you paying for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by arowoloaffiss: 11:06am On Mar 11, 2016
Good morning @ Justwise, FrontPage Lawyer and other gurus in the house, In need your advise just got a job (1st & 2nd was cash)and require to go for a training in uk with my team in which the company provide all document needed and the other part in uk also send the LOI ............... at the end we are all refused with no right to appeal i duno if anything can be done?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2016
arowoloaffiss:
Good morning @ Justwise, FrontPage Lawyer and other gurus in the house, In need your advise just got a job (1st & 2nd was cash)and require to go for a training in uk with my team in which the company provide all document needed and the other part in uk also send the LOI ............... at the end we are all refused with no right to appeal i duno if anything can be done?

What was the reason(s) for the refusal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.