Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,593 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536897 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
ladylco:

I thought you guys keep mentioning here that no documents are checked! How come this?
Document is not needed... This is from the V.O themselves.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bodejohn(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
@AbujaNIV, @LagosNIV

Our Visas (wife and I) to the US expired some few weeks ago and we are planning to renew.
My wife's passport will expire end April 2018 but we are planning to visit the US and return within the first and second weeks of same April 2018 for family vacation. She can't renew her passport until December when the validity will be less than 6 months.

Considering the average waiting time of about 1 to 2 months to book an appointment, can we proceed with the about to expire passport or wait to renew before applying? I usually like to secure the visa early so we can save on early flight booking.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yinkyyinkie:

Oh really??why is this so ?

Its so cold, frigid and windy, the VO will not want you to suffer during your holidays. Americans even leave chicago to Arizona and California to avoid the winter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Araisokun:
Hello everyone, I am planning on getting a US visit visa with my fiancee after our weeding next two month , I live in and work in Dubai since almost 4years and I av a 2 year Renewable UAE residence on my passport, I would b going on 70days vacation to Nigeria for my wedding and after my wedding we planning on visiting the US ,My wife to be also has travel experience. last two years she came to Dubai to visit me for 10days , and last month she came here for visit and for our wedding plans and for her Business ( to purchase her goods which she sells to retailers and consumers) and we are going to Nigeria in same day with same airline , pls everyone what's our chances and what type of visa is best for us and the documents necessary?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yinkyyinkie: 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
nefertitiram:

Its so cold, frigid and windy, the VO will not want you to suffer during your holidays. Americans even leave chicago to Arizona and California to avoid the winter

But Newyork is also always cold in winter and people still choose to go the Newyork and they still get the visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sparkzl: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2017
pheebe:

Thank you.

Am currently running my msc program in unilag.
is that a good tie?

It's a good but not a strong one. Speaking of ties it mostly deals with a good paying job which the VO known or is convince you will never want to forfeit. Take for example if you are a medical consultant in a hospital you own. This can convince the VO. He will definitely known your worth. Most times those VOs would have read your form before your arrival. You are just there to convince them you are honest.
Nearly everyone is asked for what they do for a living. That is the point that mostly determines if you will be granted or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adeptonlin(m): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
How soon Can one reapply after been denied a US visa? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
adeptonlin:
How soon Can one reapply after been denied a US visa? Thanks
Under 214(B)
U may reapply anytime, but the question is, has ur circumstances change
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hello bodejohn -

You may file for the visas with your old passports if you would like. You will need to have a passport with at least 6 months of validity to enter the US, but the visa does not necessarily need to be in that passport. You would then need to travel with your old (expired or expiring in less than 6 months) passport containing your valid visa as well as your new passport with at least 6 months validity.

bodejohn:
@AbujaNIV, @LagosNIV

Our Visas (wife and I) to the US expired some few weeks ago and we are planning to renew.
My wife's passport will expire end April 2018 but we are planning to visit the US and return within the first and second weeks of same April 2018 for family vacation. She can't renew her passport until December when the validity will be less than 6 months.

Considering the average waiting time of about 1 to 2 months to book an appointment, can we proceed with the about to expire passport or wait to renew before applying? I usually like to secure the visa early so we can save on early flight booking.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
nefertitiram:

Visiting Chicago in December is catalyst for refusal. My opinion though

Thanks...... Im thinking new york or maryland, but its like new york have more tourist site than maryland.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Under 214(B)

Circumstances, please explain more....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bodejohn(m): 9:20pm On Sep 20, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello bodejohn -

You may file for the visas with your old passports if you would like. You will need to have a passport with at least 6 months of validity to enter the US, but the visa does not necessarily need to be in that passport. You would then need to travel with your old (expired or expiring in less than 6 months) passport containing your valid visa as well as your new passport with at least 6 months validity.

Thanks...very much appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yinkyyinkie:

But Newyork is also always cold in winter and people still choose to go the Newyork and they still get the visa

Its like you have never heard of Chicago cold. Google it . new York is learning work where Chicago is. More like comparable to Canada's weather. It isn't called the windy city for nothing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
opomulero:

Thanks...... Im thinking new york or maryland, but its like new york have more tourist site than maryland.

If you ask me, I'll take Los Angeles if its winter. Then New York if its summer. Not even for visa purposes. For comfort and health reasons. Why go on holiday when you cannot even step out to dinner without cold slapping you in the face? Mbah, not me

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello bodejohn -

Please clarify this for me, my passport will expire by February 2018 and I hope to travel to the US by november this year and my passport with a valid visa will only have 3month to expire, does it mean I won't be allowed into the US or do I need to renew my passport before I travel by november?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
@Watiat4sure,thanks so much for the clarification.i appreciate.
watlat4sure:

Qatar airline is not a bad one. Its comfy .just came in last night with them . Wify used Air france and she didn't enjoy their meal. Air france expensive but Qatar affordable.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
Rachie83:
Please clarify this for me, my passport will expire by February 2018 and I hope to travel to the US by november this year and my passport with a valid visa will only have 3month to expire, does it mean I won't be allowed into the US or do I need to renew my passport before I travel by november?

Yes. You passport should have at least six months validity, so, you have to renew. A combo of both the new and old passport with the visa in it will suffice/ be required.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 10:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
ladylco:

Now or later before 10days to the dropbox (expiration) allowance date. My family friends missed their dropbox date and N192 just go like that. I will advise you act fast interview dates are filling up fast.
Hmmm
Please are there documents am supposed to upload when booking the interview date or just the form they will provide.
Don't want to run into the issue of not getting a good date. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
What do they mean by circumstances. Can u give me instances?
Sebastine1606:

Under 214(B)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CreativeWeb(m): 12:53am On Sep 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere, look at this...

My wife and I applied for the US Visa and were interviewed in August. She was pregnant. But, HONESTLY, we were not traveling so that she will have our baby there. In fact, we didn't plan that because we don't have such money. We wanted to travel for vacation and also to celebrate her birthday. Moreover, we will return to Nigeria before she gives birth.

But, unfortunately, we were denied Visa.

I'm a clergy. My Bishop gave me letter of approval for us to travel and come back.

Here's the interview transcript...

VO: Why are you going?
ME: To have our annual vacation.

VO: What do you do?
ME: I'm a priest with the Anglican Church.

She asked my wife, what do you do?
WIFE: I'm a student.

VO: Have you traveled before?
ME: Yes

VO: Where?
ME: India

VO: What did you go there to do?
ME: To study.

VO: Did you travel together that time to India?
ME: No.

VO: Do you have children?

VO: Sorry, I will not be granting you Visa today.
ME: Thank you.

That was it.

Now, I want to reapply. My Diocese is sending for a Church Conference in the US. I will be going alone.

I have a baby now because my wife was put to bed this September.

I want to stay only two weeks.

My ties to Nigeria...

1. Wife and baby.

2. A big congregation I pastor as a clergy.

3. My elderly parents.

4. My Bishop has not approved I stay beyond two weeks.

Guys, what do you think?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:01am On Sep 21, 2017
donhay:
What do they mean by circumstances. Can u give me instances?
Ties at the bolded
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:08am On Sep 21, 2017
opomulero:

Circumstances, please explain more....
If your ties has been increased, if you made any mistakes that needed correction, anything that will help your case, except misrepresentation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 6:16am On Sep 21, 2017
I was denied this month base on section 214b, I have a good paying job, the flat I live in is mine and also have acres of land though not married.she didn't ask for others except if I'm married and unfortunately there is no section in the ds-160 that ask for ties other than married n work which I filled. I have reapplied, can I speak on them even when not asked?
Sebastine1606:

Ties at the bolded
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 6:59am On Sep 21, 2017
CreativeWeb:
LadyGuinivere, look at this...

My wife and I applied for the US Visa and were interviewed in August. She was pregnant. But, HONESTLY, we were not traveling so that she will have our baby there. In fact, we didn't plan that because we don't have such money. We wanted to travel for vacation and also to celebrate her birthday. Moreover, we will return to Nigeria before she gives birth.

But, unfortunately, we were denied Visa.

I'm a clergy. My Bishop gave me letter of approval for us to travel and come back.

Here's the interview transcript...

VO: Why are you going?
ME: To have our annual vacation.

VO: What do you do?
ME: I'm a priest with the Anglican Church.

She asked my wife, what do you do?
WIFE: I'm a student.

VO: Have you traveled before?
ME: Yes

VO: Where?
ME: India

VO: What did you go there to do?
ME: To study.

VO: Did you travel together that time to India?

VO: Do you have children?

VO: Sorry, I will not be granting you Visa today.
ME: Thank you.

That was it.

Now, I want to reapply. My Diocese is sending for a Church Conference in the US. I will be going alone.

I have a baby now because my wife was put to bed this September.

I want to stay only two weeks.

My ties to Nigeria...

1. Wife and baby.

2. A big congregation I pastor as a clergy.

3. My elderly parents.

4. My Bishop has not approved I stay beyond two weeks.

Guys, what do you think?
Interviewed in Aug, wife delivered in September, purpose of travel; vacation, a clergyman, student wife, Church conference now happening, big congregation, elderly parent et al.

Investment more in time, your circumstance will change and wish shall be granted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:54am On Sep 21, 2017
@creativeweb
First neither a big congregation nor a letter is a tie. You actually weaken your wife and baby as ties by your willingness to leave a first time mum to travel for " a conference for the church "
The Anglican church has a gazillion priests and a conference isn't a do it die affair.
I think that after being denied just last month, this application reeks of 'repackaging and desperation'
And that the outcome will not be different.

A baby is a change in circumstance but your willingness to leave them does not work in your favour. I think you should with all due respect, do more of the church business for at least 6 months or a year and if possible, visit another country. You can visit the sister church of England.
Modify/Add : After going through your posts, your application becomes a whole lot shadier. Il point out a few minuses for you
* U didn't mention your wife's pregnancy at the first interview. Credibility shot
* your story has evolved. First your company was sponsoring you and you wanted your wife to accompany you. ( with a new baby or bout to pop belly. OK) Later the church started sponsoring you and the wife who despite being a student is ALSO a pastor. Later you evolved to travelling alone after being advised in NL.
The same way I was jobless today and read all over. Same way the VOs are also jobless. cheesy
My advice remains the same. Do not reapply Now. Free advice

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2017
donhay:
I was denied this month base on section 214b, I have a good paying job, the flat I live in is mine and also have acres of land though not married.she didn't ask for others except if I'm married and unfortunately there is no section in the ds-160 that ask for ties other than married n work which I filled. I have reapplied, can I speak on them even when not asked?
I wish above all things that applicants after being refused would take time out to soberly reflect before buying a new application.

Yes. A land/ apartment is a tie. But does it weigh the same as marriage? Me. I think not. Both can be rented out and used to fund an illegal in the US. Yes. You definitely can mention those ties in your reapplication de 160 and interview. But like I stated above in My opinion, that may not tilt the scale in your favour. Your income was reflected earlier so it isn't new.
I don't know what your travel history is, whatever it is, show them that you have a life and a plan not cojoined with the US by vacationing else where. If u can afford the US you can afford another developed country. Stack the odds on your favour. But then it's just me o! I no be VO. Follow your heart

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CreativeWeb(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@creativeweb
First neither a big congregation nor a letter is a tie. You actually weaken your wife and baby as ties by your willingness to leave a first time mum to travel for " a conference for the church "
The Anglican church has a gazillion priests and a conference isn't a do it die affair.
I think that after being denied just last month, this application reeks of 'repackaging and desperation'
And that the outcome will not be different.

A baby is a change in circumstance but your willingness to leave them does not work in your favour. I think you should with all due respect, do more of the church business for at least 6 months or a year and if possible, visit another country. You can visit the sister church of England.
Modify/Add : After going through your posts, your application becomes a whole lot shadier. Il point out a few minuses for you
* U didn't mention your wife's pregnancy at the first interview. Credibility shot
* your story has evolved. First your company was sponsoring you and you wanted your wife to accompany you. ( with a new baby or bout to pop belly. OK) Later the church started sponsoring you and the wife who despite being a student is ALSO a pastor. Later you evolved to travelling alone after being advised in NL.
The same way I was jobless today and read all over. Same way the VOs are also jobless. cheesy
My advice remains the same. Do not reapply Now. Free advice

Lol. Actually, when I said company, I wanted to just paint a scenario. I was not trying to hide anything. And church is a company's by the way. That's why a conference is a business.

My wife is a student and also a pastor. She pastors the women. We call them 'Ochiora' meaning leaders of people or women.

I didn't mention her pregnancy because it was obvious she was pregnant. And I was not asked about her pregnancy. I didn't know I should have gone ahead to explain her pregnancy.

Lol. Nobody advised me on NL to travel alone. There's nothing shady in all these ooo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 9:24am On Sep 21, 2017
I have a paper to present and this will automatically present my name n paper in the international journal.i was really tensed on the interview day cause I had to rush my mum who has been diagonized with cancer to the hospital and watch her helplessly battling pain for sometime before leaving for us embassy. The fact that I didn't have my phone with me cause of us restriction on it made it more worse. I had an obvious tense and nervous face on, just hoping my interview over to return to the hospital
My Question : Being tensed n nervous represent part of section 214b?
LadyGuinivere:

I wish above all things that applicants after being refused would take time out to soberly reflect before buying a new application.

Yes. A land/ apartment is a tie. But does it weigh the same as marriage? Me. I think not. Both can be rented out and used to fund an illegal in the US. Yes. You definitely can mention those ties in your reapplication de 160 and interview. But like I stated above in My opinion, that may not tilt the scale in your favour. Your income was reflected earlier so it isn't new.
I don't know what your travel history is, whatever it is, show them that you have a life and a plan not cojoined with the US by vacationing else where. If u can afford the US you can afford another developed country. Stack the odds on your favour. But then it's just me o! I no be VO. Follow your heart
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:59am On Sep 21, 2017
donhay:
I have a paper to present and this will automatically present my name n paper in the international journal.i was really tensed on the interview day cause I had to rush my mum who has been diagonized with cancer to the hospital and watch her helplessly battling pain for sometime before leaving for us embassy. The fact that I didn't have my phone with me cause of us restriction on it made it more worse. I had an obvious tense and nervous face on, just hoping my interview over to return to the hospital
My Question : Being tensed n nervous represent part of section 214b?
Bro,
Just a quick question. Does the journal require you to present your paper before they accept it for publishing?

I feel your pain for your mum, perhaps you should have rescheduled your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Terminator123: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Hhh

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Good morning ladies and Gentlemen. though this is an immigration question but please permit me to ask that here because I've asked in the immigration section but the v.o is no where to respond for the past 3 days now. I believe he or she or they has been so very busy with other things, so I fault no one.

my question is this; I have a friend who met his fiancee who is an American citizen few months ago in Nigeria but for the past 3 months now he has been living in Abidjan and already have gotten his resident permit, the lady also visited him last month in Abidjan and now wanna file for him. is it possible to choose and attend his immigration interview in Abidjan though he is a Nigerian and is currently living and doing business in Abidjan with a resident permit?

please a swift response will be highly appreciated. no matter how short the response would be just wanna hear yes or no. thanks all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Good morning V.O. I'm a Nigerian currently living In Abidjan. I first met my fiance who is an American citizen earlier this year when I was still living and doing business in Nigeria. now my fiance wants to file for me and my question is this...can I choose to attend my interview in a foreign land where I'm now currently staying which is Abidjan though I'm a Nigerian but has a resident permit?

expecting a swift response. thanks

JWTheocracy1:
Good morning ladies and Gentlemen. though this is an immigration question but please permit me to ask that here because I've asked in the immigration section but the v.o is no where to respond for the past 3 days now. I believe he or she or they has been so very busy with other things, so I fault no one.

my question is this; I have a friend who met his fiancee who is an American citizen few months ago in Nigeria but for the past 3 months now he has been living in Abidjan and already have gotten his resident permit, the lady also visited him last month in Abidjan and now wanna file for him. is it possible to choose and attend his immigration interview in Abidjan though he is a Nigerian and is currently living and doing business in Abidjan with a resident permit?

please a swift response will be highly appreciated. no matter how short the response would be just wanna hear yes or no. thanks all.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.