Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Why Are Nigerians Selfish? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Selfish? (2412 Views)

Selfish And Narrow Interests, Bane Of Nigeria's Development / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by ghanaman09: 4:07am On Apr 25, 2009
http://www./Forum/Discussion.aspx?NewsId=897
Nigerians, especially Nigerian men.When will they stop being selfish cheats,liars, and scammers? Not sounding biased Nigerians are the most in numbers in Africa, and offcourse there are many good Nigerians. Many Nigerians are also highly educated, honest, and well travelled. However i am yet to meet the good ones. I personally have interacted with Nigerians in several countries including living with some as room mates when i was a student, but all the ones i met were the wrong type of Nigerians. Nigerian's through their scams really ruin the good name of Africa. Who are the good Nigerians? Where can i find good Nigerians? I am gonna start a Good Nigerians thread to balance this discussion out.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by Gabry(f): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2009
The good Nigerians can be found in Nigeria itself.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by sistajay(f): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2009
Ghanaman, who tell you say, Nigerians dey sel fish!! cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by dominique(f): 8:40am On Apr 28, 2009
ghanaman09:

Nigerians, especially Nigerian men.When will they stop being selfish cheats,liars, and scammers? Not sounding biased Nigerians are the most in numbers in Africa, and offcourse there are many good Nigerians. Many Nigerians are also highly educated, honest, and well travelled. However i am yet to meet the good ones. I personally have interacted with Nigerians in several countries including living with some as room mates when i was a student, but all the ones i met were the wrong type of Nigerians. Nigerian's through their scams really ruin the good name of Africa. Who are the good Nigerians? Where can i find good Nigerians? I am gonna start a Good Nigerians thread to balance this discussion out.

what there to discuss, your mind is already made up. you claim to have met a lot of Nigerians but not a good one and yet you say you are not biased. seems to me you are.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by ikeyman00(m): 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
wait oooo

who bi poster

ghanaman !! chie damn just walk off
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by blacksta(m): 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
Are u really a Ghanaian. I dont think you are educated at all. The fact that you have met bad people does not necessarily make everyone bad. For your information i have met quite of number of dodgy Ghanaians but i will not stereotype as i believe every one should be given a chance to prove themself.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by chidichris(m): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2009
@poster,
you meet bad nigerians mainly because u are a very bad person.
human beings are naturally selfish and it is not about nigerians so u can bear with us.
if u are looking for good nigerians like me, u better get urself equiped with goodness.
ur other worries can wait till we meet.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by ElRazur: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
Muslims are terrorist.

Ghanaians are dark black and have a funny shaped-head.

Hausa are nothing but cattle rearers.

[Only a few would see what I did there]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by redsun(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
Who the Bleep are u to judge ordinary nigerians?Who on earth is good?is it the pope,the queen of england or even american presiden,they are wolves in sheep skin,if you get what i mean.

When your type meet a good person,they won't realize,stuck up with stereotypical opinion and mentality,stagnant mind.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by KnowAll(m): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2009
Ghanians are our brothers we are like siamese twins, there is no reason for any nigerian to get irate over what a brother say, it is only one man's opinion, and I was told by someone long time ago that opinions is like an arse-hole everybody has got one.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by JJYOU: 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2009
ghanaman09:

foolishman only 3 threads  this all you can come up with?.  how many ghana people good?  one of una na my tenant for naija. he is prison for arm robbery as i write. married tailor in the day robber at night. does that make every kwesi, kwame, nana and kofi i see bad people.  

you see why education is  good.  you are moving with criminals you here come crying fowl.  yeye dey worry you
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by buffead(f): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2009
Oh welll whose fault is it if ur hve been around da selfish ones , sad wat does dat says of u too mchewww

Nonsense and Ingredient!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by PeeDaVinci: 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2009
you only attract to yourself people who think and reason like you, so, if you want to see good nigerians, make urslef good first, and if you want to attract selfish nigerians, you can continue with the way you are living
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2009
I agree with the poster. Some Nigerians are very good, but 99% of Nigerians in government are worse than the devil.

If I had the power (where all those juju believers?) I will make a list of all the corrupt Nigerians in power, publish the list, give them 24 hours to change their ways and vaporize every one of them that refuse to change!

If only pigs could fly!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I agree with the poster. Some Nigerians are very good, but 99% of Nigerians in government are worse than the devil.

If I had the power (where all those juju believers?) I will make a list of all the corrupt Nigerians in power, publish the list, give them 24 hours to change their ways and vaporize every one of them that refuse to change!

If only pigs could fly!

I totally agree with you Richy, what amazes me the most is that Nigeria is now one of the most religious countries in west Africa.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On May 01, 2009
PeeDaVinci:

you only attract to yourself people who think and reason like you, so, if you want to see good nigerians, make urslef good first, and if you want to attract selfish nigerians, you can continue with the way you are living

Abegi, make we hear word o jare!!! Attract wetin? Tell that to the millions of kids around the world who came into this world to miserable excuses for parents. How did they( the kids in this case) attract such sorrow and pain? lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:53am On May 01, 2009
ElRazur:

Muslims are terrorist.

Ghanaians are dark black and have a funny shaped-head.

Hausa are nothing but cattle rearers.

[Only a few would see what I did there]

It is called stereotyping! And it is a form on which majority of us humans base our judgements, ElRazur inclusive!
I do think stereotyping, for the sake of discussions is fair game!

@Topic
I am Nigerian and I think I've met/seen more of the wrong type of Nigerians than the good ones. The bad does outweigh the good, especially offshore. But still there are a lot of great Nigerians
Sometimes,  a dose of the truth pill does taste bitter.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by Fhemmmy: 1:19pm On May 01, 2009
ghanaman09:

I think it is time you check yourself pal.
If all you attract to yourself are bad, scammers and liars, then, maybe you could be one, cos likes attracts.
BTW, in every 12, there is a judas, and nigeria is 150 Million people, so divide 150M by 12 and see what you get.
There are good and bad in every nation, i have seen a lot of ghanians that are crooks.
every insurance fraud that has been investigated are linked to Ghanians, so my guy, stop pointing such fingers and look for the good nigerians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by melidee: 11:37am On Apr 06, 2011
Why would someone ask such a question if you know Nigerians then you will know that no1 they do not like to be challenged no 2 They would like you to believe that they are good all good no3 that they are no1 in the world and no4 They do not like hearing the truth cause they never want to change for bettermen
Re: Why Are Nigerians Selfish? by OmoTier1(m): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
melidee:

Why would someone ask such a question if you know Nigerians then you will know that no1 they do not like to be challenged no 2 They would like you to believe that they are good all good no3 that they are no1 in the world and no4 They do not like hearing the truth cause they never want to change for bettermen

You may be right in your own perspective but that doesn't mean you are right! While I agree with much of what you have said, perhaps much of what you typed (Nos 1-3) is typical of the "English" mind you I said "English" and not "British". Yes No.4 seems obvious: Nigerians 'seems' to despise the truth at their own peril.

Still your afore submission in my own opinion is not enough to sum up a population of 150million and still counting as being selfish as the original poster opined.

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reinstates Sacked Unilorin Lecturers / 2010 - Saving Ourselves, Innovation, Invention And Community / Isi-uzo: A Cry For Potable Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.