Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? (5161 Views)

What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by ladykool(f): 2:47am On May 02, 2009
my family always wake me up by smacking me and i was always pissed off and angry and once they poured water in ma ear i woke up and started crying lol grin cheesy
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by IGWEUSA(m): 3:00am On May 02, 2009
lady kool:

my family always wake me up by smacking me and i was always pissed off and angry and once they poured water in ma ear i woke up and started crying lol grin cheesy

Do you eat alot in your dreams
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by ladykool(f): 3:04am On May 02, 2009
IGWE_USA:

Do you eat alot in your dreams
no i dont eat at all in my dreams i just love sleeping dats why!!
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by Nobody: 3:46am On May 02, 2009
Uhm! Well all i knw is dat Nairaland won't ever kill me wif Over-Laughing, ,
Mine was, mom comes to wake me up at first, wif a gentle touch dependin on the days' activity, if no response, my sibling comes to make some bloody shouts! If no response stil, mom comes around a third and fifth time if i refuse ta wakeup, then my elder sis. comes around wif a good variable SLAP usin her 5 fingers and of cos that gets me jumping outa my bed wif fury. (am a deep sleeper though).
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by skinny1: 10:25am On May 02, 2009
The wakin up was terrible. It was neither my mum or brothers but the loud anoying mosque across the street.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by server34(m): 7:16am On May 03, 2009
Dad used to wake me up by just calling out my Name. Not until I got to boarding house, where they whispered "wake up", and if u dont, na Belt be d next thing. Things have changed over time though. I now wake up by a soft blow-job from my girlfriend.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by Geetoylaz(f): 2:38am On May 04, 2009
sounds like some u are lucky, till i was 14, my step mom use to wake me with a jug of cold water followed my a slap or knock, some times with rf wire. my dad simply calls my name, his vioce is loud enough to get me up.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by mystreydav(m): 2:17am On May 07, 2009
some kids just get so 'drunk' with sleep so much so they could want to pee in the closet grin.For such, a nudge thats a little painful wont be a bad idea
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by Nobody: 9:22am On May 07, 2009
I dont have many fun memories of my early years. Mummy has issues, you dare not lock your door before going to sleep if not you are in for it that day. Till today i wake up at 5am no matter how late i sleep even on weekends. As soon as i could leave home, i left to stay with my moms aunt who raised me like her own, God Bless her soul, she totally refined me, but for her i would have been some crazy, low self esteem chick.
Anyway, first part of my life, i was woken up with a slap or water depending on mummy's mood, but when i in my other home, my sister i shared a room with had Obssessive cleaning disorder so she wakes up by 5. am and starts cleaning the room, so you have to wake up too. Even though am an adult now, i still can sleep well, but i go to bed early so i can wake p early.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by kliva6(f): 10:17am On May 09, 2009
everyone that lived with me had different methods.
mum always opened the windows or shouted till i got up. <it was hard not to cuz she has a very loud voice>
dad tickled my feet till i got fustrated and HAD to stand up
my younger brothers came into my room and annoyed me until i stood up to chase them away
my seniour sisters poured cold water all over me
my older brother pulled me off the bed until i landed on the floor
me younger sister would take everything that she liked from my room singing
I HAD TO GET UP
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by oyinda3(f): 5:12am On Jul 01, 2009
brein:

Uhm! Well all i knw is dat Nairaland won't ever kill me wif Over-Laughing, ,
Mine was, mom comes to wake me up at first, wif a gentle touch dependin on the days' activity, if no response, my sibling comes to make some bloody shouts! If no response stil, mom comes around a third and fifth time if i refuse ta wakeup, then my elder sis. comes around wif a good variable SLAP usin her 5 fingers and of cos that gets me jumping outa my bed wif fury. (am a deep sleeper though).

wow all 4 only u??
i'm a deep sleeper too so i feel u lol
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 26, 2010
If I over slept, my dad would creep silently into my room, armed with a cane, a few deft strokes, and I'd be off that bed before I was fully awake.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by blank(f): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2010
My dad would either knock on the door or call out our names telling us it was time for family devotion.
My mum would enter our rooms and gently rub our arms.
When we wake, she will then smile at us and ask how our nites were.
I loved it.

However, my husband, who is not the most romantic of guys, would just give me a hard slap on the bum.
This always gets me so pissed that i might even hit him quite hard cos i am a light sleeper so why the harshness.
When i try to wake him up, no matter how i call his name or shake his body he wont budge.
Now, i just sit on him until he wakes up. grin
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 26, 2010
blank:

My dad would either knock on the door or call out our names telling us it was time for family devotion.
My mum would enter our rooms and gently rub our arms.
When we wake, she will then smile at us and ask how our nites were.
I loved it.

However, my husband, who is not the most romantic of guys, would just give me a hard slap on the bum.
This always gets me so pissed that i might even hit him quite hard cos i am a light sleeper so why the harshness.
When i try to wake him up, no matter how i call his name or shake his body he wont budge.
Now, i just sit on him until he wakes up. grin

Interesting way to be woken up. cool
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by blank(f): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2010
^^^^^^

He is big and muscular so he doesn't feel my weight at all until he wants to turn over.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by luap: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2010
a pot of ice cold water thrown on me. Worked everytime. Gave me nightmares of drowning in an icy cold ocean. Adrenaline would rush through my vains and I would crap my underwear.

Try it sometimes, it is very refreshing.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by kieryn(f): 12:10am On Aug 27, 2010
My mom will iron clothes on my bed. Some how the very warm clothes will touch my foot. Waking me up very fast. Whether that was intentional or not I do not know.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by xmasgift: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2010
Mum would turn on the lights and draw open the curtains while saying " Have u prayed this morning or are u waiting till afternoon"? (We're muslims so we have to pray btw 5:30 and 06:00am in the morning) and then she'll say "Abi, u want to sleep till tomorrow morning?, get up jor"!!! Or sometimes she'll say, "u want the sun to drop from the sky before u know it's morning", , and end it with "get up jor"!!! She'll sometimes say "Don't you know it causes ill luck when everyone is up and you're the only one asleep? It makes you lazy!"(Till date I don't know how), Get up jor!
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by 1759(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2010
server34:

I now wake up by a soft blow-job from my girlfriend.

This really cracked me up. Wouldn't mind being woken up like this though, a positive start to your day.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by kokorunna(m): 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
Koboko on my bum wakes up instantly grin
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by Ndipe(m): 10:33pm On Sep 03, 2010
I am a deep sleeper, and as a kid, goodness, my mother would have to nudge and nudge me (funny) before I woke up. But I remember being whupped with my elder brother by my mom with a broom. Funny stuff. Now, (thanks to boarding house) though I still sleep deeply, all what you have to do is to call my name and I will wake up. Guess that goes with adult responsibility.
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by sweetguy10(m): 2:18am On Sep 05, 2010
I can't believe tears are rolling outta my eyes now . Mom wakes us with a bell (church bell) for morning devotion and if I still dont wake My Younger brother will come and tap my leg sometimes harshly depends on how I Treat them the day before .Most times I push them away so my elder sister will come with her scattered witch witch Hair and Sprinkle water on me , Dad is the type that believes in "sleep adding to a child's intellect" so he do tell mom not to disturb us and let us wake ourself even if we'll be late to school , I miss Popsy oooooooooooo
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by younme1: 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2010
nothings weakes me up only when are talking too much
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by alatika: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2010
xmasgift, i don laff tiree, i can picture your mom saying " wake up jo"
Re: What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep? by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 09, 2010
My mom used to just pull the blanket off me and I would wake up at once (I used to sleep naked.)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Divorcees In The House / Home Clearance- Quality Wines At Discounted Prices, For Celebrations/Gifting! / The Six And Seven Books Of Moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.