Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures (81036 Views)

Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz / What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. / More Drawings From My Portfolio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
f
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Akwasi(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
really impressive
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by steph2sweet(f): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
Lovely, the eyebrow in the first pix is making sense.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by pantless(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
I like dis guy eeh..meanwhile, Follow Jesus, that's all

1 Like

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
geez.

Check for Alex Ilechukwu too, his Corel Draw graphics are amazing.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by flokii: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
he is good..
buh d question is...can he sell in Nigeria? NO
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by condralbede(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
That's talent at it peak.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:
Biafrans making wave everywhere
Shut up! He is from Delta state. We r nt part of your rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by lonelydora: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Keep making us proud brother
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by agadez007(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Igbo kwenuuuuuuuuu

5 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Jessewizy:
One look at Kelvin Okafor’s drawings and all you can see is a man with great talents and a unique eye for details.

Born on November 1, 1985 in London to Nigerian parents from Ibusa, Delta State, Kelvin Okafor has been able to capture the world’s attention with his ‘miracle pencils, paper and charcoal’.

With the kind of miracles Okafor works, the likes of da Vinci, Caravaggio and Jan Vermeer would do more than doff their hats.

Kelvin, who has always been fascinated with creativity, grew up in a tough council estate. Having little money those days, he spent most of his time teaching himself to draw and pushing himself to get better. At about age 15, the reaction of parents and teachers made it clear to him that he was born to draw. After his A-Levels at St Ignatius College, he went for a one year course in Foundation Art & Design at City & Guilds Art School. He then proceeded to Middlesex University where he got a B.A. Honours in Fine Art.

This super-gifted photo-realistic artist can work in various artistic medium such as sculpture, glass, printmaking, painting and casting, but it’s his pencils that form his magic wand.

His form of art is called photo-realism and he charges from as much as N320,000 for a drawing. His early pieces included portraits of Amy Winehouse, Mother Teresa, Lauryn Hill, Nelson Mandela, Beyonce, Daniel Craig, Corinne Bailey Rae, Rihanna and Tinie Tempah.
He draws very lifelike portraits of ordinary people and celebrities using pencil and charcoal with his drawings often mistaken for photographs.

Achievements

Kelvin’s drawings have scooped a number of awards as his unerringly accurate depictions of celebrities have seen him win prizes at the National Open Art Competition and get selected as a leading piece at the Cork Street Gallery Open Exhibition Winter Show.

You would be immensely stupefied with the tones, textures, illusion of colour and emotions Okafor is able to create with just one shade of lead.
Okafor says he sets “unreal” goals for himself but to him, the efforts made are more important than achieving the goal.

He is good. Quite Good. Very good. Almost perfect.

There is this guy who also displays his work at Rachael Hotel in Port Harcourt. He is also very very good.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Bonapart(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:
you say?

15 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by jrupa(m): 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Simply Amazing... This is talent properly in use.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
i heard about him some years back...you can check Yinka Shonibare too. Many talents in the UK
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by viktagorion: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
What?

This is Genius.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by agadez007(m): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:
but he is Ibusa or Igbo-bi-nu-uzor,you might be from urhobo or isoko

tell me how he is related to you?
Delta ko,Niger ni

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
[size=20pt]WOOOW[/size]
[size=14pt]this is really amazing shocked shocked shocked[/size]
best i've ever seen in my entire life
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
agadez007:
but he is Ibusa or Igbo-bi-nu-uzor,you might be from urhobo or isoko

tell me how he is related to you?
Delta ko,Niger ni
You are a big goat. Did i tell you he is from my village? Gerrahia mehn
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by flawlessT(f): 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good Job
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by absoluteSuccess: 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Great eyes on details.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by bummyla(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Well Done Bros! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
Wow... Those Drawing really looks real. I love them grin
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Forwetinnah: 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
Wow!! He's gifted. Who knows, he might just be a reincarnation of one those great artist mentioned in the article
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by siegfried99(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
Wonderful
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by agadez007(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:
You are a big goat. Did i tell you he is from my village? Gerrahia mehn
I cant any word to insult you with because they are all an understatement to you

5 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Acebrain28(m): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
ProudLy Igbo! His mates across the niger only know how to draw with their manhood on the private parts of minors and tribal marks on their cheeks just to resemble tiger grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nairaland wake up! Enough of these "real drawing/painting" blatherskites.
Just look at that picture of Beyonce. Before an artist can shade a drawing, there must be an outline. A sketch.
But it's clear Beyonce's picture, and those of some others have no outline!
I guarantee that was created using an app.
What artist signs his art work not with his brush, but "types his name on it with a computer"? Like:@KelvinOkaforArt.com.
Just imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Etizz: 10:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
zinachidi:
just beautiful,, make i rush go find my talent oo.

U don't need to find your talent bro, it's in you, just wait small, when better hungry Don really beat u well well, na once u go know waitin u dey capable of....... Na joke oh..... L grin L
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:

Can anything good come out of Delta apart from Adultery, armed robbery and fighting? No come claim another person

5 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
agadez007:
I cant any word to insult you with because they are all an understatement to you
If u quote me again, ehn! Thunder go fire u, idiot.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by mozele(m): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
veekid:
Free gift of nature

No.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doks Art: Donald Trump Recognizes Nigerian Artist Who Drew Him / DESIGN & PRINT UR BUSINESS Card | BANNER | FLYER | BROCHURE | LOGO -CLICK HERE / The Kasope Attracts Mercedes Benz Attention With His Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.