Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures (81017 Views)

Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz / What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. / More Drawings From My Portfolio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
ilawanson44:

Can anything good come out of Delta apart from Adultery, armed robbery and fighting? No come claim another person
State the state u r frm n lets talk about fact. slowpoke!
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by kinibigdeal(m): 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Blackkie: 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
Gifted and special one.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Forwetinnah: 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
LEGALAide:
Nairaland wake up! Enough of these "real drawing/painting" blatherskites.
Just look at that picture of Beyonce. Before an artist can shade a drawing, there must be an outline. A sketch.
But it's clear Beyonce's picture, and those of some others have no outline!
I guarantee that was created using an app.
What artist signs his art work not with his brush, but "types his name on it with a computer"? Like:@KelvinOkaforArt.com.
Just imagine!

Oga can't you see the KO symbol on the shoulders of the drawings? The "@KelvinOkaforArt.com thingy is for his art on the net so nobody can steal it. Look closely, you'll see KO on the shoulders of Tampa, Bey and Drake
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Oga can't you see the KO symbol on the shoulders of the drawings? The "@KelvinOkaforArt.com thingy is for his art on the net so nobody can steal it. Look closely, you'll see KO on the shoulders of Tampa? Bey and Drake

...and the missing outline thingy?
What about that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by agadez007(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:
If u quote me again, ehn! Thunder go fire u, idiot.
I don quote you,where the thunder na?

5 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Forwetinnah: 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
LEGALAide:

...and the missing outline thingy?
What about that?

I see that too...especially on Bey's drawing and the first pic. He wouldn't have won an award If he was being tricky. Oyinbo man no for gree

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by 1miccza: 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
zinachidi:
just beautiful,, make i rush go find my talent oo.

Your talent lost??Sorry oo
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Cetona(f): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
Pure talent there. The first time I saw his work I went shocked shocked shocked shocked, asked my friend who sent them to me if he was sure they ain't pictures.

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Forwetinnah:

I see that too...especially on Bey's drawing and the first pic. He wouldn't have won an award If was he being tricky. Oyinbo man no for gree

there's simply NO WAY you can shade a work without having a sketch.
The sketch guides your hand.
Without it you can do nothing.
I'm an artist anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by somegirl1: 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
LEGALAide:
Nairaland wake up! Enough of these "real drawing/painting" blatherskites.
Just look at that picture of Beyonce. Before an artist can shade a drawing, there must be an outline. A sketch.
But it's clear Beyonce's picture, and those of some others have no outline!
I guarantee that was created using an app.
What artist signs his art work not with his brush, but "types his name on it with a computer"? Like:@KelvinOkaforArt.com.
Just imagine!

There are outlines, albeit faint. I can see the outline of Beyonce's ear, nasolabial fold, hair and chin.
Look again

2 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
agadez007:
I don quote you,where the thunder na?
If u have an iota of sense left in u, dnt quote me again.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Yanks101: 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
The guy would have been found out by now if he was being dubious.
He has practically left the global art world stunned. Unarguably, one of the greatest artists of all time.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by ghostofsparta(m): 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
[size=16pt]I have known about this super-talented Nigerian man since 2008 but take note that he isn't the only artist in the world that can draw photorealistic image because I know Nigerian folks would be all out crazy now stating "the only man that can blah blah blah in the world is a Nigerian" like they always keep mentioning about Dr. Philip Emeagwali that he made the fastest computer in the world whereas what he did was to employ a simulation program to see if a pseudo-time approach to reservoir modelling in fluids dynamics can be archived which ofcourse was not only brilliance but also the first of its kind na him these naija dunderheads blew out of proportion dey make the guy head dey swell. Passionate artiste/illustrators here should check out Boris Lopez and see what he does with ordinary pencils. Note that his artworks borders mostly on erotica.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Hallynice(m): 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice one brov, too much endorwed
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by agadez007(m): 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:
If u have an iota of sense left in u, dnt quote me again.
slowpoke,let me pity you,before u die in my hands

1 Like

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by kayalla(f): 10:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
wow, this awesome. God will locate and elevate u.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
somegirl1:

There are outlines, albeit faint. I can see the outline of Beyonce's ear, nasolabial fold, hair and chin.
Look again

my friend there ain't no outline!
Again, and funny too, that white patch on Beyonce's face is ridiculous!
When shading a work of art, such sharp patch cannot occur because shading is a continuous act.
Even if the artist desires to take a break, that kind of funny white patch cannot appear.
It's a slow fade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by gomzy121: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
this is the only inscription that i have seen that doesn't make not even one enemy in his comments
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by mickreff(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
castroevans:
Pure talent... when u have a talent, all u need do is to norture it. Don't go lazying around thinking the talent would grow itself...
Nice one Okafor.
I love that bro

1 Like

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Chanchit: 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bonapart:
Biafrans making wave everywhere
At least you read where they said he's from Delta?

1 Like

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by bumi10(m): 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
jeezzzz what a drawing
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bigger him I wish him.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by somegirl1: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
LEGALAide:

my friend there ain't no outline!
Again, and funny too, that white patch on Beyonce's face is ridiculous!
When shading a work of art, such sharp patch cannot occur because shading is a continuous act.
Even if the artist desires to take a break, that kind of funny white patch cannot appear.
It's a slow fade.

Well, I see an outline.
Art is an innate talent not a skill hence some artwork seeming impossible to some and possible to others.
It's a good thing that you questioned the genuineness of his work however. Some people are frauds.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Wow! #Talent indeed!
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:
State the state u r frm n lets talk about fact. slowpoke!

I would have gladly done that but the problem is that i am highly allergic to idióts like you

1 Like

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
ilawanson44:

I would have gladly done that but the problem is that i am highly allergic to idióts like you
Abegi! Na that allergy go kill u. Mufon.

1 Like

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Chanchit:

At least you read where they said he's from Delta?
Dnt mind the biafran warlord.
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nelsizzy:
If u quote me again, ehn! Thunder go fire u, idiot.
he is Igbo, if you don't like it,in oshomole voice. Go and die

9 Likes

Re: Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
DikeOha882:
he is Igbo, if you don't like it,in oshomole voice. Go and die
And who are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doks Art: Donald Trump Recognizes Nigerian Artist Who Drew Him / DESIGN & PRINT UR BUSINESS Card | BANNER | FLYER | BROCHURE | LOGO -CLICK HERE / The Kasope Attracts Mercedes Benz Attention With His Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.