Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,779 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

9 Choices Happy Couples Make - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Choices Happy Couples Make (582 Views)

7 Common Mistakes Couples Make On Their Wedding Day / How Many Times Can Couples Make Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Choices Happy Couples Make by 360ng: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
Here’s a few:

1. Happy couples respect each other.

When you’re young and in love you assume you’ll agree on everything. You won’t. You’ll disagree whole-heartedly about some pretty big stuff sometimes. Happy couples respect each other even when they are mad. This entails NOT saying hurtful things in the heat of the moment.

2. Happy couples forgive each other.

Expecting your partner to be perfect is unreasonable. Everyone makes mistakes but not everyone has learned how to forgive. I submit that the world’s happiest couples are masters at forgiving each other’s shortcomings. It takes gobs and gobs of maturity. A dear friend of mine went as far as to forgive her husband for cheating on her. The two started couples counseling and are working through it. This kind of big forgiveness is not for everyone.

3. Happy couples are committed to each other

When I was a bright-eyed, romance-gushing newlywed my stepdad told me that sometimes marriage is not about love, but about commitment. At the time I thought he was being a lame skeptic. He didn’t understand us … We were freaking soul-mates. Since becoming an adult and having two children with my husband I see he was totally right. Being committed to someone means wearing your wedding ring on a night out and not flirting with anyone. Period.

4. Happy couples have s*x

It’s true. Happy couples don’t use s*x as a weapon or means of manipulating the other, they simply enjoy each other’s company. Often.

5. Happy couples avoid p****graphy

If you or your spouse is struggling with a p****graphy addiction, may I suggest counseling. The effects of p****graphy are anything but positive. It re-wires your brain to objectify people rather than connect with them. It makes perfectly happy people think they are missing something they’re not. I have yet to meet a woman who walked through the doors of the shelter where I work who did not mention p****graphy being an issue for their abusive partner.

6. Happy couples talk

They share their lives with each other. They share concerns, fears, joys, and express their love for each other. Every couple has a different way of making things work (or not work). I know some feel really uncomfortable expressing feelings verbally and choose to show their love in other ways. That is great as long as the other partner speaks that same language or at the very least studies it. One odd way I’ve noticed I express my affection is through cookies. If he comes home to a batch of cookies, my husband has learned that that’s one big weird way of me saying, “I love you.”

7. Happy couples don’t cheat

They understand human nature and take necessary measures to protect themselves from affairs. There seems to be so much glamour and excitement around the word “affair.” But I can assure you they are anything but glamourous. They break things. Things that should have stayed intact. There are lots of simple ways to avoid having an affair.

8. Happy couples put their partner first

Marriage is a partnership, a union. It is not a dictatorship. Both parties should have equal say in the direction of their lives. I am grateful for a husband who respects me enough to ask. We are A team. We don’t make plans without the other because we put each other first.

9. Happy couples are happy

They understand that life is a roller coaster and they are glad about who they chose to sit next to and scream with.
Re: 9 Choices Happy Couples Make by Mutuwa(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
Mehn..no lies all the points are flawless (for me though)
Nice one Op..am.sure you are one happy woman too.
Re: 9 Choices Happy Couples Make by ikbnice(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
at your number 4, happy couples do not have sex , they make LOVE. They commit their mind,body and soul to it. Anybody can have sex but only few make love.
Re: 9 Choices Happy Couples Make by falconey(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
I need me a happy girl to match my happy self to be happy couple.
Re: 9 Choices Happy Couples Make by Cutehector(m): 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
Happy couples are a team
Re: 9 Choices Happy Couples Make by rapmike(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
Great post. All newly weds need at least bits of this advice.
Re: 9 Choices Happy Couples Make by Bugatie(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
Following

(1) (Reply)

What Could Be Done? / Is It True? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.