Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (41372 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Richardonald(m): 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
Na u talk soo? But wait who tell u
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Richardonald:

funny
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
Richardonald:

The sources were conspicuously written
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Happiness87(f): 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
Toks2008, all your topics are for matured people not kids who live in fantasy would grin
j keep it up

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2016
To me the best wedding ceremony acceptable by God is d ceremony u have nd u are determined to stick to d marriage no matter wat

Avin a traditional wedding nd stickin till end of time togeda is 1000 times better dan
Avin a church wedding nd divorcing d next day or next month

Cos wat is bound on earth is bound in heaven

Nd wat is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven

Ceremony doesnt matter but the 2 hearts goin on dat life time journey

God is after every human heart first
Den actions next

6 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 12:03am On Jan 12, 2016
Happiness87:
Toks2008, all your topics are for matured people not kids who live in fantasy would grin
j keep it up

Thanks dearie.

How i wish i can stop writing these things but its just a crazy passion that i can't seem to get over but someday i know i will not be available to create new threads...no be for dead o but for one reason or the other so for now let me just spill out as much as i can.

1 Like

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2016
sickstars:
To me the best wedding ceremony acceptable by God is d ceremony u have nd u are determined to stick to d marriage no matter wat

Avin a traditional wedding nd stickin till end of time togeda is 1000 times better dan
Avin a church wedding nd divorcing d next day or next month

Cos wat is bound on earth is bound in heaven

Nd wat is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven

Ceremony doesnt matter but the 2 hearts goin on dat life time journey

God is after every human heart first
Den actions next

Good.

1 Like

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
ue:
d way Nigerians dey take dey collect bride price eehh, especially in d east....
me: papa/mama good day sir/ma
INLAWS: my son how are you sit *offers him garden egg* you can eat as much as you want
me: thank you sir*eats alot of garden egg*
INLAWS: ooh eeem we forgot to tell you, One garden egg cost #1500
me: *FAINTS*

lol!
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lalasticlala i really think this should get to front page for people to contribute to this because this issue has caused serious problems in many union.

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by money121(m): 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
So mod jus get time to move dis educative post to fp..

Na only God know hw many tyms yeyebrity post don land fp..

Keep it up op...

the main koko is after marriage ceremony..
All we need to pray for is happy home...

1 Like

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:
This is a very sensitive and twisted issue that needs to be approached cautiously and intelligently.

I have read in many places where people have expressed contrary views on this all time important issue. I have seen where a lady have asked if she can move in with her husband after traditional wedding?,i have seen a case where a lady insists that until a man does the white or church wedding,they are not considered married before GOD.

I have even heard many people stating emphatically that as long as a lady's bride price have not been paid then the lady is not considered married to the man and so many other discrepancies too numerous to highlight.`

Now the big question is what exactly is the module for a wedding ceremony and what ceremony really is ordained by GOD? When can GOD acknowledge a man and woman as married?is there any part of the Quran or Bible that stipulates a direct guideline of how a marriage ceremony must be conducted to be legitimate in GOD's eyes?

I will quickly answer this from the Quran and Biblical angles.

1.From the Quran
:Prophet Muhammad (S) considered simple weddings the best weddings:'The best wedding is that upon which the least trouble and expense is bestowed". (Mishkat)

The Quran wedding ceremony module is simply hinged on Mutual Agreement of Bride and Groom called Nikah.

Marriage (nikah) is a solemn and sacred social contract between bride and groom. This contract is a strong covenant (mithaqun ghalithun) as expressed in Quran 4:21. The marriage contract in Islam is not a sacrament. It is revocable.

Both parties mutually agree and enter into this contract. Both bride and groom have the liberty to define various terms and conditions of their liking and make them a part of this contract.

2.From the Bible
:I am very sorry to disappoint those who live by "my pastor said" or "my parents say" to empty their heads of every man made philosophy and get this straight...[size=13pt]there is no place in the bible where white wedding,traditional wedding or even court-wedding was ever mentioned and infact there was never a place in the bible that gave any preferred wedding ceremony[/size] and the issue of bride price was never mentioned as a yardstick for marriage but a punishment for rape and infact you can pay the bride price and still not allowed to marry the lady because you only paid a fine for rape-exodus 22:16-17:

It is quite absurd that today,many people have the erroneous belief that until all the three forms of wedding is done then GOD has not ordained such and while some say until a church wedding is conducted,GOD will not bless their wedding and i just look at the myopic mindset of these ignorant people and wonder where on earth they got that wrong doctrine from.

There is one scripture that sums up the steps to follow in any form of wedding ceremony you desire to have and that be found in Genesis 2:24: Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and join to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

A.The first step is for the man to make up his mind to leave his parents to be with a woman and start a family together.

B.A couple can be considered joined when they are legally married. The scriptural support typically given for this view is the biblical command to obey the government’s laws (Romans 13:1–7; 1 Peter 2:17). A couple can also be considered joined together in God’s eyes when they have completed some kind of formal wedding ceremony whether in the church or culturally.

C.The third and final stage is becoming one flesh which occurs when sexual act occurs and this is why many people are warned against indiscriminate sexual acts as any sexual act is actually fulfilling the third stage of marital union and many people have actually been married to so many people in their life time.

So whether you decide to have just one of the 3 mode of celebration or you want to do Religious,traditional and court,you are very free.But it is important to note that in GOD's eyes the only thing he recognizes as directed by him is for a man to leave his parents,be joined to his wife and lastly become one with her and which ever way both of you decide to go about the ceremony as long as its not against his ordinances,its perfectly ok.

I hope this makes sense
visite http://uzopedia.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by banmee(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
jnrbayano:

There's no place in the bible where Nairaland and its usage is written.

Why do you use Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
some of us na Solomon and we no even know... chai, so all dz my neighbours na my wives
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Originalsly: 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Too many people blend Biblical marriage with traditional, legal and doctrinal marriages....and don't even know. So to avoid having to explain...we must begin with "God does not like blah blah blah" ...or "God hates blah blah blah". Op is on point but needs to clarify his point on ceremony.....it is not necessary.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

Ok sis but can i ask you a quick question.

If you had a legal wedding with someone and the bride price has not been paid will you say both of you are not yet married?
Both parties including parents must agree first.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
debque:
d way Nigerians dey take dey collect bride price eehh, especially in d east....

me: papa/mama good day sir/ma

INLAWS: my son how are you sit *offers him garden egg* you can eat as much as you want

me: thank you sir*eats alot of garden egg*

INLAWS: ooh eeem we forgot to tell you, One garden egg cost #1500

me: *FAINTS*
Hahaaaaaaaaa
The chair is N500
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Lezzlie(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

thought Muslims do just nikah merged with traditional.
Traditional marriage is the way to go for me. Marriage in the bible is often done in cultural settings of the day, hence it is traditional in nature.

I beleive church weddings came to bear in Africa due to colonialism, especially for youths who rejected their traditional beliefs and become outcasts. With time, we have grown so attached to all three forms of marriage rites.

For me, a pastor has no moral or spiritual authority pronouncing or joining man or woman as husband and wife. That should be left to the parents.

No wedding or marriage ever took place in the synagogue , neither was any conducted by any prophet or disciple.

But women, forever emotionally unstable will guarantee that this wasteful culture continues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
Traditional marriage is the way to go for me. Marriage in the bible is often done in cultural settings of the day, hence it is traditional in nature.

I beleive church weddings came to bear in Africa due to colonialism, especially for youths who rejected their traditional beliefs and become outcasts. With time, we have grown so attached to all three forms of marriage rites.

For me, a pastor has no maral or spiritual authority pronouncing or joining man or woman as husband and wife. That should be left to the parents.

No wedding or marriage ever took place in the synagogue , neither was any conducted by any prophet or disciple.

But women, forever emotionally unstable will guarantee that this wasteful culture continues.

Awesome comment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by olakan22: 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:
This is a very sensitive and twisted issue that needs to be approached cautiously and intelligently.

I have read in many places where people have expressed contrary views on this all time important issue. I have seen where a lady have asked if she can move in with her husband after traditional wedding?,i have seen a case where a lady insists that until a man does the white or church wedding,they are not considered married before GOD.

I have even heard many people stating emphatically that as long as a lady's bride price have not been paid then the lady is not considered married to the man and so many other discrepancies too numerous to highlight.`

Now the big question is what exactly is the module for a wedding ceremony and what ceremony really is ordained by GOD? When can GOD acknowledge a man and woman as married?is there any part of the Quran or Bible that stipulates a direct guideline of how a marriage ceremony must be conducted to be legitimate in GOD's eyes?

1.From the Quran
:Prophet Muhammad (S) considered simple weddings the best weddings:'The best wedding is that upon which the least trouble and expense is bestowed". (Mishkat)

The Quran wedding ceremony module is simply hinged on Mutual Agreement of Bride and Groom called Nikah.

Marriage (nikah) is a solemn and sacred social contract between bride and groom. This contract is a strong covenant (mithaqun ghalithun) as expressed in Quran 4:21. The marriage contract in Islam is not a sacrament. It is revocable.

Both parties mutually agree and enter into this contract. Both bride and groom have the liberty to define various terms and conditions of their liking and make them a part of this contract.

2.From the Bible
:I am very sorry to disappoint those who live by "my pastor said" or "my parents say" to empty their heads of every man made philosophy and get this straight...[size=13pt]there is no place in the bible where white wedding,traditional wedding or even court-wedding was ever mentioned and infact there was never a place in the bible that gave any preferred wedding ceremony[/size] and the issue of bride price was never mentioned as a yardstick for marriage but a punishment for rape and infact you can pay the bride price and still not allowed to marry the lady because you only paid a fine for rape-exodus 22:16-17:

It is quite absurd that today,many people have the erroneous belief that until all the three forms of wedding is done then GOD has not ordained such and while some say until a church wedding is conducted,GOD will not bless their wedding and i just look at the myopic mindset of these ignorant people and wonder where on earth they got that wrong doctrine from.

There is one scripture that sums up the steps to follow in any form of wedding ceremony you desire to have and that be found in Genesis 2:24: Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and join to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

A.The first step is for the man to make up his mind to leave his parents to be with a woman and start a family together.

B.A couple can be considered joined when they are legally married. The scriptural support typically given for this view is the biblical command to obey the government’s laws (Romans 13:1–7; 1 Peter 2:17). A couple can also be considered joined together in God’s eyes when they have completed some kind of formal wedding ceremony whether in the church or culturally.

C.The third and final stage is becoming one flesh which occurs when sexual act occurs and this is why many people are warned against indiscriminate sexual acts as any sexual act is actually fulfilling the third stage of marital union and many people have actually been married to so many people in their life time.

So whether you decide to have just one of the 3 mode of celebration or you want to do Religious,traditional and court,you are very free.But it is important to note that in GOD's eyes the only thing he recognizes as directed by him is for a man to leave his parents,be joined to his wife and lastly become one with her and which ever way both of you decide to go about the ceremony as long as its not against his ordinances,its perfectly ok.

I hope this makes sense.
apologies...are u making ur point based on d Bible or Quran? Moreso, d biblical passages you mentioned aren't dissecting d issue...in short, I assume u are trying to pass to us your own perspective on weddings other than d HOLY SPIRIT's revelations

1 Like

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by bobkezel(m): 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
Actually, to me, you made no sense. So because bride price was mentioned in ur bible as a fine for rape, i should then not adhere to my cultural practice. It is absurd and myopic to hear people talk about life making reference to only koran and bible. What happens to other religious and cultural beliefs? If you must talk about life then you have to be secular, leave the 'bible said this, koran said that' for your church/mosque congregation.
However one chooses to be joined in marriage is nobody's business, as far as the couples agree to it. But then, one's culture should come first to mind. You can't leave your cultural practice and be practicing another man's. How many of those white men practice yours?
So there is no such thing as 'best wedding bla bla bla supported by bla bla bla'. But i think tradition should come first, not some imported something.
Person wey no sabi where him from comot no go know where him de go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by fredie107(m): 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
Op may be you need to read this

Genesis 34:12
Make the price for the bride and the gift I am to bring as great as you like, and I'll pay whatever you ask me. Only give me the young woman as my wife."

Bride price is biblical.

If you don't have money then go and make money to marry.

The only thing am against is having double wedding. After traditional, we Africans will do the white man's wedding too. Waste of money.

As for the registry, The certificate is more recognized if you are traveling outside the country with your wife

4 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
Perfect sense, op
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Harbay0101(m): 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
I think this our white/church wedding is just there traditional wedding in Europe so what's the fuse about it, I have will say registry and traditional wedding is more than enough

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by alwelldinho(m): 4:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
The bible was written based on the jewish customs and culture. That christianity was brought to us doesn't mean we should put aside or discard our customs and cultures. I think one of the numerous mistakes we are making as africans is confusing culture/custom with religion. religion has succeeded in making us put aside all our rich cultural heritages. I hope I made sense

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nicepoker(m): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
Omotayor123:
Don't know... What I know is that I must do All of the Above! cool
what if he no agree.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Harbay0101(m): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
I think this our white/church wedding is just there traditional wedding in Europe so what's the fuse about it, I have will say registry and traditional wedding is more than enough [color=#006600][/color]
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

I have even heard many people stating emphatically that as long as a lady's bride price have not been paid then the lady is not considered married to the man and so many other discrepancies too numerous to highlight.`[/b] and the issue of bride price was never mentioned as a yardstick for marriage but a punishment for rape
But Jacob had to work for 14yrs before he got married to his two wives... Those years of service were his bride price...

As per the types of wedding, foreign missionaries brought the white/church wedding culture. Couples can decide to do the traditional and leave the church wedding or do the church wedding and leave the traditional but we Nigerians want to preserve our culture and we ironically don't want to do away with the white man's culture, so we do both.

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
olakan22:
apologies...are u making ur point based on d Bible or Quran? Moreso, d biblical passages you mentioned aren't dissecting d issue...in short, I assume u are trying to pass to us your own perspective on weddings other than d HOLY SPIRIT's revelations

Still trying to understand your comment.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by fredie107(m): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

1.From the Quran

2.From the Bible

I hope this makes sense.

You can give your daughters for free. OK. Time will tell

Your post no make sense at all

Lack understanding of the scripture

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by refiner(f): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
I and my husband must do all 3,,,,,,even if its up to 10..we will do itwink
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by UzomaFC: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pls can all read this bible scriptures Genesis 24 and 29:15 to 22 Deuteronomy 22:13 to 30
Two things are common here : 1.A price must be paid and 2.The parents must handover the woman
thanks all

2 Likes

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by thecardinal(m): 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Toks2008:

Ok sis but can i ask you a quick question.

If you had a legal wedding with someone and the bride price has not been paid will you say both of you are not yet married?
Most churches won't we'd you if a dowry has not been paid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Elis Apologizes For Groping Ariana Grande's Boobs At Aretha's Funeral / Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.