Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (41361 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Twitter Reacts To Adeboye's Advice On The Type Of People Not Marry / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by silvaedge(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
op u must be a Church of Christ member
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
uchezzz:
The 3 forms of wedding are okay and if the couple can afford it, they should go ahead n do all 3.
Trad wedding were i come from is important. If a woman did not do her trad, her daughter cant, or else they go back n do that of d woman first. So why not do it and get it over with.
Court wedding for government and paperwork is also important as long as u live within a state.
White wedding, God institutionalized marriage. Therefore as a christain, a pastor has to bless n pray over my marriage.
But in everything consider your pockets, the wedding is just one day but the marriage is for the rest of your lives
Like my pastor would say ' dont borrow money to feed people that are not hungry on ur wedding day'
And who told u white wedding is "Gid institutipnalized"? who told u white wedding are for christians? there is a reason its called white wedding n not Christian wedding! ger ur fact straight b4 u mistakenly put ya self in trouble
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by bidex(m): 9:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Felvet:
''According to the manner of purification of the Jews''. Does it not sound tradition to you bro? Every thing about the verse says traditional marriage. But then, you still have every right to disagree with me.
But the bible did not say the purification is part of the wedding, also, it was talking about the empty pots and what it was used for. It can be however used before the wedding.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
klassic:
[quqote author=Toks2008 post=39360908]

Ok sis but can i ask you a quick question.

If you had a legal wedding with someone and the bride price has not been paid will you say both of you are not yet married?

Toks2008,thanks for this wonderful write up. As a lawyer and as a Nigerian, the only marriage that is known, is the traditional marriage and if u like you can perform that statutory marriage which is performed at the court/marriage registry.(it's optional). You won't get jailed or penalised for nothing contracting one. White weddings is a hoax to me. An imported culture. Whites or westerners don't pay bride price. Over there, a young man can moved from Atlanta to San Antonio in Texas, see a girl he loves and marry her without parental consent. But in Africa, in Nigeria, marriage is between families and not the bride and the bridegroom alone. The girl is usually handed over to the husbands family and not the husband per say. Hence family (father) must be present or represented at least.
Now to the statutory marriage, it's trendy cos if u wish to travel out and/ or perform certain obligations, it will be required of you. And also in divorce proceedings the provisions of the Marriage Act and the Matrimonial Causes Act as usually adhered to, and the High Court has exclusive jurisdiction and this tends to favour the woman and the children of the marriage, hence the trendy nature. But the customary court has jurisdiction as per traditional marriages and the customs and traditions of the land are usually invoked which are often than none unfavorable to women(wivies).Hence they insist on statutory marriage.
Now let's look at it from the Jahoval witnesses point of view. They usually encourage members to perform one which is basically the traditional marriage, they have a service or marriage talk show in church and it's over. This was also brought down by the whites. Have you ever bordered to ask y this difference? In Africa, traditional marriage is paramount of that is our identity. That's what makes us Africans. Statutory marriage is as a matter of convince that can be performed any time after the traditional marriage. On a final note, no church or pastor will allegedly join couples in church, when the pride price has not being paid. No church does that. Have you every border to ponder on this and find out why? I rise.
big bro you did not answer the asked o, but rather u compounded it. The question is as nigerian if u do a court registry wit out bride price in d eyes of the law and constistution are u married? Pls any body can answer dis
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2016
Climaths:
big bro you did not answer the asked o, but rather u compounded it. The question is as nigerian if u do a court registry wit out bride price in d eyes of the law and constistution are u married? Pls any body can answer dis

My brother I tire o..I just saw his response sef and it does not answer my simple question.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
klassic:
[quqote author=Toks2008 post=39360908]

Ok sis but can i ask you a quick question.

If you had a legal wedding with someone and the bride price has not been paid will you say both of you are not yet married?

Toks2008,thanks for this wonderful write up. As a lawyer and as a Nigerian, the only marriage that is known, is the traditional marriage and if u like you can perform that statutory marriage which is performed at the court/marriage registry.(it's optional). You won't get jailed or penalised for nothing contracting one. White weddings is a hoax to me. An imported culture. Whites or westerners don't pay bride price. Over there, a young man can moved from Atlanta to San Antonio in Texas, see a girl he loves and marry her without parental consent. But in Africa, in Nigeria, marriage is between families and not the bride and the bridegroom alone. The girl is usually handed over to the husbands family and not the husband per say. Hence family (father) must be present or represented at least.
Now to the statutory marriage, it's trendy cos if u wish to travel out and/ or perform certain obligations, it will be required of you. And also in divorce proceedings the provisions of the Marriage Act and the Matrimonial Causes Act as usually adhered to, and the High Court has exclusive jurisdiction and this tends to favour the woman and the children of the marriage, hence the trendy nature. But the customary court has jurisdiction as per traditional marriages and the customs and traditions of the land are usually invoked which are often than none unfavorable to women(wivies).Hence they insist on statutory marriage.
Now let's look at it from the Jahoval witnesses point of view. They usually encourage members to perform one which is basically the traditional marriage, they have a service or marriage talk show in church and it's over. This was also brought down by the whites. Have you ever bordered to ask y this difference? In Africa, traditional marriage is paramount of that is our identity. That's what makes us Africans. Statutory marriage is as a matter of convince that can be performed any time after the traditional marriage. On a final note, no church or pastor will allegedly join couples in church, when the pride price has not being paid. No church does that. Have you every border to ponder on this and find out why? I rise.

Bro I'm just seeing this reply but I still want your direct answer.
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Suneshol: 1:12am On Dec 26, 2016
Thank you so much for this post. I was beginning to think I was weird or running crazy! In the world we live in today, the only thing most people know how to do so well, is what we call 'follow-follow', 'that is the way my parents taught me', 'that is what my pastor said', 'this is the way I know it should be, end of discussion!'. Most people no longer ask questions nor seek the truth anymore. No one truly reads the bible. I'm so glad I came across this post!
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Toks2008(m): 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
Suneshol:
Thank you so much for this post. I was beginning to think I was weird or running crazy! In the world we live in today, the only thing most people know how to do so well, is what we call 'follow-follow', 'that is the way my parents taught me', 'that is what my pastor said', 'this is the way I know it should be, end of discussion!'. Most people no longer ask questions nor seek the truth anymore. No one truly reads the bible. I'm so glad I came across this post!

smiley
Re: The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. by Dnockeror333(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2017
MAN=> find a woman, bring her home to your parents,
WOMAN=> take him home too

Set a day for both of you to be joined by mutual consent and agreement of parents.

Married in the eyes of God!

(Dont forget to invite the lame, the blind, the have not of our society)

"Ceremonies are shows of the pompous, bigness and pride of men to be accepted by a sick society!"- DNOCKERROR.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court" / What Did You Learn At Church Today? / Pastor Elis Apologizes For Groping Ariana Grande's Boobs At Aretha's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.