Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? (7218 Views)

Giving Is The Only Way To Be Rich, Not Prayer. / Does Allah Heal The Sick? / Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pastors and bible students what is ur view on this please.
Mod pls front page.
Re: Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by outcst: 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
Hallo Pin,

It depends on what you mean by the phrase...if one says: 'He is healed and rich' and means that he has gotten away from spiritual poverty and sickness, then I don't see any lie in it if and only if the individual is truly 'spiritually renewed'.
Re: Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
outc@st:
Hallo Pin,

It depends on what you mean by the phrase...if one says: 'He is healed and rich' and means that he has gotten away from spiritual poverty and sickness, then I don't see any lie in it if and only if the individual is truly 'spiritually renewed'.
tnx for ur comment but hw about d case whereby a believer despite d fact dat he is sick health wise is alwys advised to confess positively that he is already well.
Re: Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by outcst: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pinopinoguy:
tnx for ur comment but hw about d case whereby a believer despite d fact dat he is sick health wise is alwys advised to confess positively that he is already well.

I believe it's just their way of thinking positively...it is no news that positive thoughts can give someone the competitive edge.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the individual does not neglect what he or she is supposed to do as he/she tries to tap from this 'power of positive thoughts'.
Re: Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by vedaxcool(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
It simply is being postive minded, being ill can be quite depressing sometimes. Such words makes the soul remain postive.

1 Like

Re: Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pinopinoguy: Pastors and bible students what is ur view on this please.
Mod pls front page.
ITS NOT TELLING LIES. SICK MEANS SPIRITUALLY SICK. A MAN DEVOID OF THE WORDS OF GOD. AND POOR IS TALKING ABOUT ISRAEL. SINCE BEING SORROUNDED BY STRONG BULLS OF BASHAN IN THE LIONS DEN THEY HAVE BEEN TOSSED AROUND AND UPROOTED AND ENSLAVED AND ALL KINDS OF CRAZINESS SO WHILE THE GENTILES HAVE ALL THE EALTH AND ARE RICH, ISRAEL IS PERPETUALLY POOR IN THE ERA OF THE GENTILES.

SO BACK TO YOUR VERSE. WHAT IT MEANS IS LET THE LOST HOUSE OF ISRAEL SAY THEY HAVE BEEN HEALED BY THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD WHICH THEY LOST WHILE IN CAPTIVITY AND OPPRESSION AND THE WORD MAKES THEM RICH EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE POOR

REVELATION 2 VS 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) <<< POOR IN MATERIAL WEALTH BUT RICH IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD WHICH IS THE REAL RICHES BECAUSE EVENTUALLY THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH WHILE THE RICH WHO FOUND THEIR LIFE WILL LOSE IT wink

1 Like

Re: Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
obadiah777: ITS NOT TELLING LIES. SICK MEANS SPIRITUALLY SICK. A MAN DEVOID OF THE WORDS OF GOD. AND POOR IS TALKING ABOUT ISRAEL. SINCE BEING SORROUNDED BY STRONG BULLS OF BASHAN IN THE LIONS DEN THEY HAVE BEEN TOSSED AROUND AND UPROOTED AND ENSLAVED AND ALL KINDS OF CRAZINESS SO WHILE THE GENTILES HAVE ALL THE EALTH AND ARE RICH, ISRAEL IS PERPETUALLY POOR IN THE ERA OF THE GENTILES.

SO BACK TO YOUR VERSE. WHAT IT MEANS IS LET THE LOST HOUSE OF ISRAEL SAY THEY HAVE BEEN HEALED BY THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD WHICH THEY LOST WHILE IN CAPTIVITY AND OPPRESSION AND THE WORD MAKES THEM RICH EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE POOR

REVELATION 2 VS 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) <<< POOR IN MATERIAL WEALTH BUT RICH IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD WHICH IS THE REAL RICHES BECAUSE EVENTUALLY THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH WHILE THE RICH WHO FOUND THEIR LIFE WILL LOSE IT wink
tnx 4 ur post,u have really educated me.
Re: Is ''let The Sick Say I Am Heald And Poor, Am Rich'' Not Telling Lies??? by oaroloye(m): 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
SHALOM!

Pastors and bible students what is ur view on this please.
Mod pls front page.

THE DIFFERENCE between a CONFESSION OF FAITH and LYING is POWER.

If you have POWER, you can say whatever you like, and it will manifest. If you DON'T have Power, you will look like an IDIOT.

What makes the difference is YOUR FOUNDATION.

If you do not HEAR LORD YAHSHUA'S SAYINGS and DO THEM, you HAVE NO FOUNDATION, and your Confession may not work.

Some people can use FAITH despite not being Christians.

[See: THE SECRET, by Rhonda Byrne.]

People fall into one of four possible Spiritual Categories. The First and Second will always FAIL, the Third will succeed- with perseverance; the Fourth will succeed effortlessly.

FOOLS think that all Unbelievers or all Believers are EQUAL- therefore, if someone else GOT what they wanted from God by Faith, THEY can "CLAIM" the same things too, "SINCE THEY'RE NO BETTER THAN I AM!"

The same DIE MISERABLY, because THEY were not called to the GUEST SEAT those other people were called to.

The BIGGEST FOOLS in "FULL GOSPEL" Christianity has to be those who set store by people who say "JESUS" HEALED THEM- while they were on THE BEST MEDICAL TREATMENTS their MONEY could buy!

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Defends Muhammad Rasulullah (as). / Pope And Michael Jackson In Hell? Pls Find Time To Read This! / SERMON JOTTERS: Mystery Of Divine Assistance {sunday Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.