Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? (5634 Views)

The Mayor Of Dorval In Quebec, Canada Responded To The Muslim Community / Malaysian Crown Prince Shocks Muslim World, As He Converts To Catholicism / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? by olabowale(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2006
@TayoD: Of course, there are many more sect in Islam. At the end of the day, there will be 73 but the true Muslim is the one that follow the guideline from Muhammad (AS), as he had explained Qur'an and his model in the Sunnah. However, the difference between Islam and Christianity is while Muslims obey God as strickly as they can, using Muhammad (AS) as the model of obedience and all actions. The Christians are saying that Jesus is God! So while Muslims pray and praise and supplicate and depend on God alone, christians hang on to Jesus, even seeing that jesus of the Bible was unable to defend himself from a handful of people in Jerusalem who were determined to kill him. Yet he yelled out, asking why his God forsook him. That yellinig out is a cap-out and amount to gross disbelive! We must know that the christian claim that he already knew that he will be hanged. Why could he stand firm and take it like a real trooper, a one who knew his mission already? In Islam, if anyone were to behave like that, groomed specifically for that mission and has complete clarity of the mission and all its difficulty, even in a secular enviroment, that is the behaviour of a sissy or low faith. This is why that you do not see any true muslim who is not aware of the coming of the hour. For sure muslims are not afraid of death and certainly not afraid to talk about it. Unlike christians and I can see why!

Suratul Nur is very familiar with me. In adith, Imam Mahdi is spoken about. But like the way the Shia believes it. He was not a little boy who ran into a cave a long time ago with the Qur'an. We have the Qur'an with us, presently as it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (AS) and learnt and committed into memory by the prophet and his companions (RA) Borrowing from my main man Havila, the muslims did not just 'CRAM' it. They used it for salah, ceremonies, in prayers and supplicate with it. There is an extensive exeges on every verse, as much as it is sufficient for the muslims then and later generations, including the last generation of man before man perish from the surface of the earth. Islam is thorough and there is no ambiquity. I remember a muslim entry in one of topics that told Havila off, about his usual explanation of the Bible, twisting and trying to cajol us all to his brand of explanation. Havila is smooth, but all know that it is only on the surface and his explanation has no substance, so he can not convince anyone. He are smart enough not to be fooled by those who put a Millennium Baby Jesus in Diaper in 1999-2000. He can not be fooled by those who did not know the season of the birth of their lord. You do not even know that your christman is a device of Nordic cold climate people, a device to have sometime other than sex to while away time in Winter!

TayoD, if you are a scholar of Qur'an and adith, I will not take any religious sdith from you, because you have the knowledge, but you lack the faith. Hence the knowledge is useless on you. It does not benefit you and it may be a causation for hell fire.
Re: Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? by Aggressa(m): 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2006
@Olabowale,
This is your trademark "circular reasoning" we've known for some time, now at one of it's best or rather worst!! The only entry you can add to the information about the demagogue 12th Imam is a 2 liners of glaring empty information. We know the Shi'a understanding of the 12 lunatic,,sorry imam!, tell us what you know or don't know so we can help you out rather than go offtopic as always, ,that is an escape tactic for the uninformed.
grin grin
I can see my explanation of some biblical passages is confounding you,,,,,well that is the the hidden mysteries of God that he has made known to those who know Him. Your dismay is because in your heart you can reason along with the explanations but you refuse to accept it. C'mon as they say: "Hate the game, don't hate the player! bro" tongue

You LACK the knowledge and capacity of discerning what is of substance and what is not when it comes to the Word of the living God; but those who are not consumed by the 'elitist' mentality as you,  are understanding and agreeing with the explanations as can be attested to by various acknowledgements and appreciations. TayoD has the knowledge and understanding as can be judged from the product of his research; but even you a self-acclaimed muslim, is bereft of any credible statement. Maybe you should ask TayoD to help you out on this one. We are in modern ages now, we have the faith in the living God, we have the understanding of the works of wickedness and we have been commanded to expose all such works. So don't hide under the "circular reasoning excuse" of "you have knowledge but you don't have faith" mantra. So how can you convert an educated non-muslim? Oh, I know, simply accept the dogma of the 'salvation by works' called Islam a.k.a bondage of Ishmael; and live like or according to Muhammed- the prophet of idolatory, paedophile, sex-pervert, war-monger, hallucinator, cave-dwelling leviathan, manage-a-23 sexpert, women abuser and apostle of hedonistic bliss called 'jannat'! C'mon, can I say you are smarter than that,,,,,hope so! but We are smarter than that to be deceived as such. We know who your coming messiah is, and he has been defeated even before coming from Hades!!We know the Light and the Truth, He has made us free. You still have a chance.
Re: Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? by mrpataki(m): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
All that for Olabowale!!!!!!!!!!
I can say i dont really know much about the topic, but really Olabowale has not been too forthcoming with productive thinking to make a point here. Which i really want to understand.

So Elder, Haji, Alfa Olabowale,
Next time you have the opportunity to open them gutters to yarn here, please think lucidly well enough.
Re: Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? by TayoD(m): 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2006
@olabowale,
@TayoD: Of course, there are many more sect in Islam. At the end of the day, there will be 73 but the true Muslim is the one that follow the guideline from Muhammad (AS), as he had explained Qur'an and his model in the Sunnah. However, the difference between Islam and Christianity is while Muslims obey God as strickly as they can, using Muhammad (AS) as the model of obedience and all actions. The Christians are saying that Jesus is God! So while Muslims pray and praise and supplicate and depend on God alone, christians hang on to Jesus, even seeing that jesus of the Bible was unable to defend himself from a handful of people in Jerusalem who were determined to kill him. Yet he yelled out, asking why his God forsook him. That yellinig out is a cap-out and amount to gross disbelive! We must know that the christian claim that he already knew that he will be hanged. Why could he stand firm and take it like a real trooper, a one who knew his mission already? In Islam, if anyone were to behave like that, groomed specifically for that mission and has complete clarity of the mission and all its difficulty, even in a secular enviroment, that is the behaviour of a sissy or low faith. This is why that you do not see any true muslim who is not aware of the coming of the hour. For sure muslims are not afraid of death and certainly not afraid to talk about it. Unlike christians and I can see why!
At least you have some understanding of what makes Christians differ from you guys.  In addition to our faith in Jesus, we believe that no man can be saved by good works though we believe in them. The Bible makes it clear that our righteousness are like filthy rags before God, so while you want to present filthy rags before the Almighty, we freely receive the righteousness that He has made available through faith in Christ Jesus.

What examples of Muhammad are you planning to follow?  Is it the fact that he limits marrying only four wives to his followers while he can have as many as he desires? If I were to follow any prophet, I will rather follow in the footsteps of one who is above all reproach: Christ Jesus.  He lived by the principles He layed down and not set a different standard for Himself.

Have you ever heard of something called a Rhetorical Question?  If you do, then understand that Jesus' question on that cross is a rhetorical one.  He later said on that same cross that "It is finished", refering to His work of salvation and accomplishing of all that was written ahead of His coming.  I guess that excludes the need for am imposter like Muhammad.

Who is afraid of death? Don't get me started at all.  For us, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  Unlike you guys that will kill others in the hope of an endless supply of virgins, we have proven over time that we will doe for our faith.  Perhaps you need to read the book "Fox's Book of Matyrs" to see how the early Christians mostly died for their faith.  We know the antecedents of Muhammad and his immediate followers who not only killed one another, but others as well.

Suratul Nur is very familiar with me. In adith, Imam Mahdi is spoken about. But like the way the Shia believes it. He was not a little boy who ran into a cave a long time ago with the Qur'an. We have the Qur'an with us, presently as it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (AS) and learnt and committed into memory by the prophet and his companions (RA) Borrowing from my main man Havila, the muslims did not just 'CRAM' it. They used it for salah, ceremonies, in prayers and supplicate with it. There is an extensive exeges on every verse, as much as it is sufficient for the muslims then and later generations, including the last generation of man before man perish from the surface of the earth.  Islam is thorough and there is no ambiquity. I remember a muslim entry in one of topics that told Havila off, about his usual explanation of the Bible, twisting and trying to cajol us all to his brand of explanation. Havila is smooth, but all know that it is only on the surface and his explanation has no substance, so he can not convince anyone. He are smart enough not to be fooled by those who put a Millennium Baby Jesus in Diaper  in 1999-2000. He can not be fooled by those who did not know the season of the birth of their lord. You do not even know that your christman is a device of Nordic cold climate people, a device to have sometime other than sex to while away time in Winter!
TayoD, if you are a scholar of Qur'an and adith, I will not take any religious sdith from you, because you have the knowledge, but you lack the faith. Hence the knowledge is useless on you. It does not benefit you and it may be a causation for hell fire.
What Koran is presently with you? Can you please enlightene us?  Is it the Qu'ran compliled by Abu Bakr or the one compiled by Uthman.  Better still, could it be the versions that Uthman gathered together and burned because they differ significantly from the ones he had?  Please tell us which one was really from Muhammad.  

It is so intriguing to realise that part of the Jewish oral tradition (the Mishnah) was lifted word for word and included in your Koran.  Do you realise that the koranic verse in 5:32 that says: "And for this reason, we ordained for the children of Israel that whoever has killed a single human without just cause, it is as if he has killed the entire humankind." was lifted from the "Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, 37a."  So much for the divine inspriational source of the koran.  In our day and age, Muhammad would have ben sued for copyright violation while not acknowledging its source.

So what more sayest thou?
Re: Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? by LagosShia: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2011
unfortunately i was not yet a member on nairaland,and as it appears no shia was a member and not even an educated sunni able to teach something meaningful on the subject from a broad islamic view.now i cant read the entire thread and also reply to everyone,you can view below which is more recent:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-704604.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Filing Tax Returns On Your Tithes And Charitable Gifts, Is It Ok In God's Eyes? / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo (KICC) Richer Than Arch-bishop Of Canterbury Uk / Who Was Jesus Before He Became A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.