Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (312548 Views)

Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips / The A to Z Of Oil Palm Farming (Costs And Returns Analysis) / A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Lamora: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
Can I buy matured snails from the market to start my farm?
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lamora:
Can I buy matured snails from the market to start my farm?
no
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by eprynce(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
lobell:

It's ok. That's about the size of it...the eggs I mean.

as tiny as they are, will the hatched snails grow to the giant size we are are aiming at?
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Lamora: 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
Okay. Tnx
What's the best way to get it for starters
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by EbonyCy(f): 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Pls oooo,I need help I want to start snail farming....where can I get the snails to start. And please those into it already is there a book like a guideline to snail rearing,would love to get it. pls in case there is a whatsapp group am interested too 08028692851
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Otu2014: 8:56am On Sep 22, 2016
Good morning All.
Please add me to the whatsapp group 08093020007

1 Like

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 24, 2016
All ten pages cleared, very informative thread. lordHugo keep up the good work man! I noticed you've not been here for days, prolly busy. God bless your hustle and that of every other Nlander that aspires to be like you.

1 Like

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by bedoiro: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2016
Please i just started my snailery and i need more snails, and some snail feeds, i stay in ph anyone around who can supply breeders or feeds, should contact me (07032293182)
Thanks
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by habiola7: 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
how can a snail with egg be identify and also wat feed supplement should be given to it for the whole 6-8 month.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by habiola7: 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
add me also AWWAL 08062792227
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by iriowuro: 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2016
GidiPrince:
Please, I need to confirm if these eggs can hatch. They are very small..

Sure, incubate like the big ones. You sure get to result. My problem with them is after 2-3 weeks of ashing I loose all the young one don't why yet. I ashed over a thousand of them but lost them all.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by iriowuro: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
esty27:
pls what species are these

The first one is Achatina Marginata, while the other two are the Achatina Felicia.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by tillinfinity01(m): 5:31am On Sep 27, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Bro, how much do u sell breeders of the A. Marginata and A. Achatina species?

I am seriously interested in snail farming and want to get started ASAP. Meanwhile, I don't get into things that I'm not conversant with. So, I want to hook up with people who are practically involved in the snail farming business.

We can work together as partners or you be my mentor. Contact me at tillinfinity01@gmail.com
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by topekole(f): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Please add me to the whatsapp group 08159344848
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by eluyode(m): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2016
please add me up to the WhatsApp grp.. 08132618792
thanks
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by mayorisaac: 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
pls where z our tutor?
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
Please add me to your whatsapp group
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Johnnyessence(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
Good afternoon everyone pls op am in need of snail calcium powder I av close to three hundred breed of snails still need some feeds to feed them thanks
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Cheddaz: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
add me on whatsapp 08030421056 just got into snail farming after intensive research, seeking more information, been into fish farming too
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by sirikechukwu: 2:20am On Oct 03, 2016
Pls add my number on whatsapp page 08033831752
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Kentiman(m): 8:24am On Oct 05, 2016
Chairman. This your snail house, did you use concrete for the inside?
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by Nichowaleo: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2016
Good morning Boss, I have interest in snail farming but am novice. How can you be of help sir. Thanks in advance.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by 17am: 9:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hello Snail Farmers!
Well am a novice,although I intend to learn while I train my first set of snails I picked up with the help of my sister from the Bush.
it was amazing trying something different,which happens to be the usual me.
I gathered all 99% of the knowledge on snail farming from the internet,definitely I will make mistakes.
Unfortunately, I made a grave one that led to the death of my Big Snails.
Because I learnt Snail shell is good so I picked up snail shells from the bush as well shocked ..Fed my snails with powder lo and behold! my snails started dieing ..I thought it was from excess rainfall in the pen, then I called Hugo who explained how strange it was. The major issue is I have fed my snails with a burnt snail Shell.
*Sad* I learnt the hard way
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by sharperino(m): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2016
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
roolnaado:
Please what could be killing my snails, they just whiten and die off. Please Ogas in here help.

Looks like a fungus.

Maybe your pens are too wet.

1 Like

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
Northmall:
All ten pages cleared, very informative thread. lordHugo keep up the good work man! I noticed you've not been here for days, prolly busy. God bless your hustle and that of every other Nlander that aspires to be like you.

God bless
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
bedoiro:
Please i just started my snailery and i need more snails, and some snail feeds, i stay in ph anyone around who can supply breeders or feeds, should contact me (07032293182)
Thanks

For supply of snail breeders and feeds at competitive rates and best prices, please call me on 08030964896.
Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
habiola7:
how can a snail with egg be identify and also wat feed supplement should be given to it for the whole 6-8 month.

Sadly, it is hard or practically impossible to know a pregnant snail. (I am laughing right now). Do we have snail ultrasound?

However, there is an archaic method I use for guessing.

"pregnant" snails usually fill up their shell and find it hard to retract fully into their shells when handled.

On the other hand, this could be due to having well fed snails.(fatty orobo... The type all farmers like).

Did I make sense?

3 Likes

Re: The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) by lordhugo(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
mayorisaac:
pls where z our tutor?
Oga sorry,
I have been pretty busy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.