Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo (43489 Views)

Ondo Election Was Free And Fair, But Edo Election Was Rigged, See Why / NYSC Ad-Hoc INEC Official Killed At Ahoada West LGA / Concrete Facts To Prove That Ikwerres Are Not Igbo But Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 12:19am On Oct 18, 2015
onenaira3:

OMFG I'm done with you. I gave you a direct lecture Notes from a VIROLOGY TEACHER, someone with a PhD in study of viruses telling your buff00n exactly what I said and you illiterate @ss is still arguing on WTF you have little to zero knowledge on. And yet you wonder why the entire NL thinks your daft and why I call you brain dead.

Are you serious? Let me simplify it in level your buff00n @ss can understand.. Probably who f2king knows cause even a wall is smarter than you.
virus was named a primitive cell by the FOUNDER because it has kinda similar cellular structures as a prokaryote hence its believed to have developed at the same time as them and equally it has both the characteristics of both living and non living organisms you dimwit. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with its multiplication process. Gosh. How f2king block headed someone can be.

Lastly as for your illiterate ranting, I guess you're the only person on this planet that have not read Luis Villarreal, the director of center of virus research at UCLA, argument on how virus is an essential aspect of life. A statement that's currently leading in the scientific world and the driving force on researches on ending the age long argument of whether viruses should be considered living or nonliving.

Then again wtf do I expect from a brain dead monkey who can't even read pictures.

I'm fucking done cause if a teacher on viruses can't help you, nothing on this planet can
There's no use writing epistles! The problem with you is that you have problem with comprehension!
For instance, the bolded part say virus has 'kind of similar' cellular structure as prokaryotes! This doesn't means it can function as cells!
For example, I have legs used for walking but so also, a plant has a stem stalk which is similar to a leg structure! However, can a plant uses its stem to walk? Absolutely No!
It is true that a virus has a protein coat which looks similar to the cell membrane of a prokaryotes but do they have similar function? Absolute NO!
As a matter of fact, the only true cellular structure a virus has is its RNA/DNA, which carries the information needed to function in a host cell! The host cell simply gives virus the viable environment needed to become a living organism but without a host cell, it's simply dead!!
Really can't believe I'm doing all this! Did you know my course study in school? The fact that a cell is simply the basic unit of life should have rest the case for intelligent folks but certainly not with a dummy like you!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 12:39am On Oct 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

For christ sake are you this retarded?

Benin tire this big white wrapper with huge waistline

What the hell is wrong with peeps like u
tonychristopher:

Why do you wear suit ? Are you a Brit

Just look at argument

Don't you know what exchange is ....and which one is a Benin attire..the real Benin wear is that big wrapper that is like bed sheet with beads no tops

I lived there so shut the hell up

Ezi ure
Lol!
The bini men I know wears the full trouser and top, mostly white, with a wrapper tied from the waistline to the neck region!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Kagawa10: 12:52am On Oct 18, 2015
onenaira3:

You're are beyond beyond beyond dumb.. It's not even funny anymore.. It's sad. I pity the people that bore you

Dumb@ss I posted pictures to simplify sh 1t for your illiterate head because English and comprehension is not your forte... worst thing about it is even reading pictures is also not your forte. Even children are smarter than you and you wonder why I deem u brain dead.

Since reading the pictures is even hard for you. Let me make it simple for you and I'll try my best to get it the level even a toddler can understand.

I posted pictures of
Eze of NRI
Obi of Onitsha
Obi of ogwashi uku
Asagba of Asaba
Dein of Agbor
And lastly the oba of benin..last picture
All in their traditional attire.

Out of all of them, the only one whose attire differed was oba of benin. Therefore dimwit, WTF did you think your illiterate buff00n was saying?

Do you understand now or do I have to see if my aunties new born baby can write it in baby talk so maybe then you'll get it. Illiterate
What you were afraid to say is that even the pictures posted by you has the dein of Agbor putting on a white attires with beads on his necks and hands!
Care to explain why and why Agbor has areas with Bini names?
Shameless man!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 4:23am On Oct 18, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
The bini men I know wears the full trouser and top, mostly white, with a wrapper tied from the waistline to the neck region!

This boy grow up...I did not say trouser ..I said white very big wrapper

Stop clowning ...here

Mr UKWUANI is not Igbo
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 4:29am On Oct 18, 2015
onenaira3:

I'm actually done with him because the more I talk to him, the more I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Nothing up that nigg@s head so I'm done.

He keeps going round and round
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 4:31am On Oct 18, 2015
onenaira3:

The guy is the dumbest nigg@ I've met seriously and I use to work with mental challenged children. That says a whole lot. That nigga is worse than brain dead. I seriously seriously seriously prays he does not reproduce. His kind of stupidity is going to destroy this world. It's that dangerous type that refuses to learn tufiakwa!!!

How did they pass waec is what I can't say ....when you come to nairaland ..you will appreciate that Nigerian education is on the left side

How can he say unicellular organisms are not living creatures

Damnnnnn
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by tonychristopher: 4:36am On Oct 18, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
The kings in the jungle were called, snail like you also came along!
Are Amoeba and Paramecium not prokaryotic cells?
Who's disputing the fact that these organisms are cells? Yeye!
We are discussing about virus, who's neither prokaryotes nor eukaryotes, and definitely not a cell whatsoever! You are here yarning about Amoeba/Paramecium! Lol!
Yours is even worse than @onenaira3!

This guy is totally fvcked....why did I even started convo with you

We just talked about cells and not classifications of cells

Did you go to school at all?
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
thiagoneves:
Chambers Dictionary (William Geddie, ed. 1962) says: “A nation is a body of people marked off by common descent, language, culture, or historical tradition: the people of a tribe.” However, S.O.L. Amadi-Nna (1993) avers that: “A tribe is a group of clans under recognized chiefs and usually claiming common ancestry. Ikwerre can therefore not be a clan but a tribe. The Ikwerres claim a common ancestor. Ikwerre is an independent small tribe.” In the words of K.O. Amadi (1993), “Traditions suggest that Ikwerre is a nickname given to Iwhnuruọhna people…..They have ever since regarded themselves as a distinct group and have happily come a long way in their struggle for self-identity as evidenced by the recognition of their language as one of the Nigerian languages.”

Amadi-Nna (1993) added that: “The Ikwerres are a small but distinct tribe. The Ikwerres have distinct linguistic, social and cultural traits and formations that distinguish them from other close neighbouring tribes like the Ijaws and the Ibos. Majority of the Ikwerre settlements have their roots traceable from the old Benin Empire.” Iwhnurọhna people descended from  the ancient Bini Kingdom. The name of the grand ancestor is Akalaka. Their relations in Rivers State are Ekpeye and Ogba people. The reigning Oba of Benin when Akalaka, the ancestor of Ihruọha (later called Iwhnurọhna) fled was Oba Ewuare (Ogwaro). Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled in the 13th century on allegation of plotting assassination of the Oba. He died in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the Sombrero River by 1538 AD, as detailed below.

Chief N.M.T. Solomon (2004), native of Ikodu Ubie in Ekpeyeland, in his narrative draws heavily from the now authenticated written historical records delivered by various informed sources including “Eketu (Weber) of Ubeta, assumed to have lived for over two hundred (200) years as the oldest man in all Ekpeye, Ogba and Iwhnurọhna (or Ikwerre), at that time (and) was asked to narrate the history and customs of Ekpeye people” as unfolded in his lifetime. Here is what he said, which has been validated by the accounts of the current generation through responses to our questionnaires and direct interviews thereby increasing our level of confidence on the data:

Ekpeye, born in Benin, was the first of the three sons of Akalaka. While in Ndoni, he married a second wife to gain the love and favour of the people. The new wife gave birth to a son, which he named Ogba. Akalaka was still in Ndoni when his first wife, the mother of Ekpeye, gave birth to his third son called Ihruoha (Ikwerre).

Similar historical fact by J.N. Olise (1971) averred that: “Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled with his wife from Benin to Ndoni, a community located close to the River Niger, to save the life of his new born baby (Ekpeye) … While at Ndoni, Akalaka took a second wife. … Akalaka had two sons, Ekpeye – born to him by his Benin wife, and Ogba – born to him by his Ndoni wife. According to F.E. Otuwarikpo (1994): "After the death of Akalaka in 1462 AD, his two sons, Ekpeye and Ogba had conflict, which compelled Ogba, the younger son, to move northwards where he founded Ohiakwo (Obigwe) and settled with his family. Ekpeye who remained at Ula-Ubie had seven sons – Ubie, Akoh, Upata, Igbuduya, Ekpe, Awala and Asa. The last three sons – Ekpe, Awala and Asa – crossed to the other side of Sombreiro River (present day Ikwerreland and settled there since 1538 AD.” He added that: “Ekpe migrated to present day Rumuekpe and spread through Elele (Alimini), Ndele, Rumuji and part of Ibaa. Awala migrated to present day Isiokpo …” 

Amadi-Nna (1993) also said Akalaka migrated with his half brother called Ochichi from the area of Benin Empire. Ochichi sons were Ele (Omerele, now Elele), Elu (Elumuoha, now Omerelu), Egbe (Egbeda) and Mini (Alimini, Isiokpo).

The crucial point here, which is of great importance in tracing the joint origin of the ancestors of the Old Ahoada Division (in the Governor Diete-Spiff administration), is the mention of the number of children that Akalaka had, namely: Ekpeye, Ogba and Ihruọha (Ikwerre). It is noteworthy that the pedigree and name of Ikwerre people, Iwhnurọhna, obviously took its root from this original name – Ihruọha. Chief Solomon therefore establishes a very vital historical link, which has been missing in literature on Ikwerre origin that would assume more significance in the discourses of Ikwerre genealogy in the future – the fact that Akalaka was the direct father of Ihruọha (Ikwerre). Iwhnurọhna, in Ikwere parlance, means the face of the community (town, city or village).

Nigerian colonial history records that the name "Ikwerre" was given by the colonial administration when they wanted to acquire the Rebisi waterfront to build the wharf. Using an Ibo interpreter to talk to the illiterate Rebisi (Port Harcourt) chiefs, they asked them: Would you permit us to use the waterfront to build the wharf for ships to berth? And they answered: A KWERULEM, meaning - "We have agreed." What the white-man was hearing was "Ikwerre," so he recorded it in the official gazette that the IKWERRE PEOPLE have agreed for the colonial administration to build the wharf. And since it was the official record of government, the name Ikwerre became the name of the Iwhnurohna people in all official documentations till date.

Similar cases of Anglicization of native names in the Niger Delta region by the colonial administration are Benin for Bini, Okrika for Wakrike, Degema for Udekema, Abonnema for Obonoma, Brass for Gbara sni, Bonny for Ibani, Pepple for Perekule, Ahoada for Ehuda, etc

Even so, “… there were dissenting voices, … who believed that Ikwerre origins lay outside Igbo land, … in the Benin Kingdom of old. It is, therefore, obvious that the interminable debate about Ikwerre origins and migrations including the repudiation of the Igbo tradition is not a phenomenon of the post-civil war period. The controversy, as it were, is not necessarily the product of the present political realities wherein groups which hitherto were seen to have cultural affinities now find themselves in different states or administrative systems.”  -- K.O. Amadi (1993)

The Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention, a cultural organization of Ikwerre people, in a paper presented to the Human Rights Violation Commission headed by Rtd. Justice Chukwudifu Oputa on 10 October 2001, said: “Ikwerre ethnic nationality is not and has never been a sub-group of any other tribe in Nigeria including Ndi-Igbo. There is no doubt that the advent of the British and later regionalization put Ndi-Igbo at the helm of affairs in Eastern Nigeria. This brought Ndi-Igbo into Ikwerre land. In course of time, the Igbo took advantage of their position in the then Eastern Regional Government to grab land in Ikwerre and occupy political positions such as the mayor of Port Harcourt. In the process, Ikwerre along with other minority groups were marginalized and driven to the background.”

Professor Godwin Tasie noted that in 1913 the Rt Rev Herbert Tugwell, the Anglican Bishop on the Niger, undertook an experimentation tour of Ikwerre towns and villages assumed to be Ibo-speaking to test the Union Ibo Bible Nso being introduced in Iboland. "Tugwell discovered from the tests he carried out that although the Ikwerre were often regarded  as Ibo… the Union Ibo Bible translation, surprisingly, was not easily understood by the Ikwere." This is obviously why Igbo vernacular was compulsorily introduced and taught in all schools in Ikwerreland before the Nigerian Civil War to the assimilation (i.e. destruction) of the Ikwere language.

This also obviously led to the Rumuomasi Declaration in 1965. " … in their meeting at Rumuomasi in 1965 the Ikwerre had, under the umbrella of a highly promising new body that was to get the Ikwerre together as a people of new and clearer vision, they had declared themselves as a people of the distinct identity of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality - not Ibo, not Ijo, not anything else but Ikwerre, Iwhnurọhna. This was the historic Rumuomasi Declaration of 1965 (G.O.M. Tasie, 2000). The full implication is that Ikwere people began to assert themselves forcefully as an ethnic nationality of their own and not Ibos or Ijos, and efforts were made to revert to the original Ikwere names for families, villages, communities and landmarks. For instance, there was the change from Umuola to Rumuola, Umuoro to Rumuoro, Umukrushi to Rumuokwurusi,  just to name a few.

T O N Y   E N Y I A,  PhD, MNIM                                                                        
CHAIRMAN, BOARD OF TRUSTEES
IWHNURỌHNA CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION
Saturday, 5 February 2011

Ok we agreed.
now tell us why everyone had to run from bini

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 12:38am On Oct 19, 2015
DelticStephEn:

I long ago deactivated my account and decided to be visiting Naira land as a guest.
but this your madness of calling us immigrant in our own land made me decide to log in again to warn you for d last time.
I will pick war on you next time you put Ika in your madness or call us immigrant in our own land.
pls go take care of your Edo state.
Anioma can never be part of your Edo state.
I repeat
Anioma Can never be part of your Edo state
lol

Abavo oral tradition claims their founding father, Awu, had migrated directly from Benin (Amokwu and Jegbefume, n.d). According to Abavo oral tradition, their founding father, Awu, was originally from Benin. He escaped from Bini kingdom around the 15th or 16th century to avoid being sacrificed and later settled at Abavo (Amokwu and Jegbefume, n.d).
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 12:51am On Oct 19, 2015
DelticStephEn:

I'm a girl not a boy though.
back to d topic.
that was what that idiot called Ossai was trying to do,he tried washing d brain of Anioma that we are Bini people.
he noticed no one was falling for his scam.
he decide to carve my own Ika as Bini people.
my happiness that day was that there was tens of us DAT day on d Facebook forum from ika who denied him and shut him down.
d idiot decided to create his own personal page where he and his rogue of a colleague will brainwash d gullible one.
but it was very unfortunate that non called for him.
Mbiri's oral tradition claims that Arun who migrated from Iwaisi, or the native doctor's quarter in Benin founded Mbiri. Arun, a hunter, reached the present site of Mbiri on one of his hunting expeditions and settled down there. Mbiri's oral tradition also claims that Arun had four sons three of whom were responsible for the founding of the following towns: Ewuhimi, Mbiri and Igbanke. The fourth son is claimed to have returned to Benin (Intelligence report 1932).
Mbiri adopted the monarchical system, based on Benin tradition, found in most Ika clans. According to Intelligence report (1932), "1n 1915 the Mbiris attempted to put themselves directly under the Oba of Benin, and sent a large sum of money to the Oba to gain this end. It is obvious that it was at this time that the present Chief went to Benin and received the title of Obi from the Oba, along with the Ada, or ceremonial sword, which forms part of the regalia of this title. They were again visited by the district District Commissioner who told them that they were part of Agbor District and could not therefore come under Benin"(Intelligence report 1932: 10). The Mbiri clan has the same political system as other Ika clans.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Donarozzi: 5:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Ubenedictus:
Mbiri's oral tradition claims that Arun who migrated from Iwaisi, or the native doctor's quarter in Benin founded Mbiri. Arun, a hunter, reached the present site of Mbiri on one of his hunting expeditions and settled down there. Mbiri's oral tradition also claims that Arun had four sons three of whom were responsible for the founding of the following towns: Ewuhimi, Mbiri and Igbanke. The fourth son is claimed to have returned to Benin (Intelligence report 1932).
Mbiri adopted the monarchical system, based on Benin tradition, found in most Ika clans. According to Intelligence report (1932), "1n 1915 the Mbiris attempted to put themselves directly under the Oba of Benin, and sent a large sum of money to the Oba to gain this end. It is obvious that it was at this time that the present Chief went to Benin and received the title of Obi from the Oba, along with the Ada, or ceremonial sword, which forms part of the regalia of this title. They were again visited by the district District Commissioner who told them that they were part of Agbor District and could not therefore come under Benin"(Intelligence report 1932: 10). The Mbiri clan has the same political system as other Ika clans.

These fictitious claims are just a way of trying to form relationship with a powerful kingdom that was Benin. People only want to attach themselves to a powerful kingdom so that their own history would seem powerful and well established. But despite all these fictitious claims, the natural evidence always reminds the people of their true identity. Mbiri people are Igbo. They are part of the indigenous Igbo groups that make up Anioma. Like some sections of Anioma, they borrowed certain monarchical features of the Benin Kingdom. However, today, Anioma people are beginning to throw away these Benin mode of dressing and embracing their original Igbo identity.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Abagworo(m): 5:51am On Oct 19, 2015
Ubenedictus:

Such a shame. Chai! Igbos have really suffered. Imagine an Ika clan sending a large sum of money to Oba of Benin just to distort their own history. These Mbiri people should never talk where men are talking.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 5:57am On Oct 19, 2015
Abagworo:

Such a shame. Chai! Igbos have really suffered. Imagine an Ika clan sending a large sum of money to Oba of Benin just to distort their own history. These Mbiri people should never talk where men are talking.

Someone wrote an I quote "according to intelligence report" blah blah happened and you believed it.

Then again wtf do I except from a chronic anioma hater. Obviously you'll believe it.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Abagworo(m): 6:06am On Oct 19, 2015
onenaira3:

Someone wrote an I quote "according to intelligence report" blah blah happened and you believed it.

Then wtf do I except from a chronic anioma hater. Obviously you'll believe it.

I am Anioma myself so I don't get you. I feel ashamed at many actions taken by Igbo speakers to lean towards Benin. No be by force. Another of such shame exists in Rivers State where Ogba people that speak Igbo and never had a centralised kingship but made communal decisions with Okenye obodo or eldest man chairing village meetings suddenly adopted Benin style leadership and built a Benin architectural palace and then named the newly adopted leader Oba. They killed their original culture in order to claim Benin affiliation. I am sure some newer generation Umuogba might even believe they always had Oba.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 6:12am On Oct 19, 2015
DelticStephEn:

I'm a girl not a boy though.
back to d topic.
that was what that idiot called Ossai was trying to do,he tried washing d brain of Anioma that we are Bini people.
he noticed no one was falling for his scam.
he decide to carve my own Ika as Bini people.
my happiness that day was that there was tens of us DAT day on d Facebook forum from ika who denied him and shut him down.
d idiot decided to create his own personal page where he and his rogue of a colleague will brainwash d gullible one.
but it was very unfortunate that non called for him.

I actually never knew you replied. Sorry for the late reply.

Are you talking about Kunirum Ossai?
My father calls him the laughing stock of anioma.
One time I was actually researching a topic, I learned that osai was the founder of a very popular anioma association in USA, it's called Anioma Association USA. This man literally left that association and disassociated himself from it because none of the members of all the chapters were agreeing with him.
My parents especially my father calls him a laughing stock, I personally thinks he's a low self esteem coward. He refuses to sit and actually allow others to argue with him in his history distortion attempt by him rather he seeks his like mind. I heard he's dead.. I don't wing to the dead but if he is, I'm glad. Him and emeka esogbue are so much alike because Emeka is exactly the same way. Rather than argue with those with opposing views, him waka run and open up a site just to rant out whatever nonsense that comes out of his mouth.
I keep saying it the worst thing our ancestors did was allow the bini to stay after they defeated them. That's the worst thing.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by onenaira3: 6:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Abagworo:

I am Anioma myself so I don't get you. I feel ashamed at many actions taken by Igbo speakers to lean towards Benin. No be by force. Another of such shame exists in Rivers State where Ogba people that speak Igbo and never had a centralised kingship but made communal decisions with Okenye obodo or eldest man chairing village meetings suddenly adopted Benin style leadership and built a Benin architectural palace and then named the newly adopted leader Oba. They killed their original culture in order to claim Benin affiliation. I am sure some newer generation Umuogba might even believe they always had Oba.

Dude today you're anioma? Yesterday you were from IMO state, before that you claimed ikwerre, now you're f2king anioma. You're a shameless confused thing. I'm not even going to address you because I remember clearly each time you tried to pit SE against anioma. You're a chronic loser hater. NEXT!!!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by menshealth212: 6:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Cure and End Premature Ejaculationn!!!

LAST MUCH MORE LONGA IN BED WITTH ANY WOMAN

NATURALLY WITHOUTT Dangerous Pills, Herbs and Medicationn.

No Pills, No Drugs, No Creams, No Herbs,

100%Natural Solutionn To Solve, Cure And Prolongg Ejaculationn!

logon to W.W.W . PESTOP . T.K now!!!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Abagworo(m): 6:23am On Oct 19, 2015
onenaira3:

Dude today you're anioma. Yesterday you were from IMO state, before that you claimed ikwerre, now you're f2king anioma. You're a shameless confused thing. I'm not even going to address you because I remember clearly each time you tried to pit SE against anioma. You're a chronic loser hater. NEXT!!!

Can you site one instance of me pitting SE against my own people? My stand remains that whatever one calls himself should be respected and identity should never be forced on anyone. Only Aniocha and Oshimili report their ethnicity as Igbo in Delta State. The rest of Igbo speakers are still arguing on whether they are Igbo or not. Only Egbema and Oyigbo register their ethnicity as Igbo in Rivers State. The rest of Igbo speakers in Rivers State are equally on a long identity debate. This thread itself came about as a result of that and will still end inconclusive like those before it. I am from Oguta as known by most of my colleagues on Nairaland. Forget politics o
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by chinology: 6:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Nwanne m uche gi di ya. Don't waste your time on b.astards. Dalu.. cheesy

onenaira3:

Dude today you're anioma? Yesterday you were from IMO state, before that you claimed ikwerre, now you're f2king anioma. You're a shameless confused thing. I'm not even going to address you because I remember clearly each time you tried to pit SE against anioma. You're a chronic loser hater. NEXT!!!

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Chiaka(f): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
I see you are trying poorly hard to justify your failed point and ideology see how long it too be to reply your mail
almost a week or so. I don't have time for bitter people. You fond of posting your threads with abuses.
Its an attribute of losers and cowards get busy and quit your bitter leave mind. Tribal Bigot!

Kagawa10:

Brain-dead, not all itsekiri has Yoruba's blood, some are Edo and Urhobo descent but they all speak Yoruba yet no Yoruba is forcing their ideology on them!

Believe it or not, ibos are shameless sets!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Chiaka(f): 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2015
I see you are trying poorly hard to justify your failed point and ideology see how long it too be to reply your mail
almost a week or so. I don't have time for bitter people. You fond of posting your threads with abuses.
Its an attribute of losers and cowards get busy and quit your bitter leave mind. Tribal Bigot! Lastly I will not reply your next mail.
I am more of an action person.

Kagawa10:

Brain-dead, not all itsekiri has Yoruba's blood, some are Edo and Urhobo descent but they all speak Yoruba yet no Yoruba is forcing their ideology on them!

Believe it or not, ibos are shameless sets!
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
Abagworo:

the problem is that they are not ibos.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
onenaira3:

I actually never knew you replied. Sorry for the late reply.

Are you talking about Kunirum Ossai?
My father calls him the laughing stock of anioma.
One time I was actually researching a topic, I learned that osai was the founder of a very popular anioma association in USA, it's called Anioma Association USA. This man literally left that association and disassociated himself from it because none of the members of all the chapters were agreeing with him.
My parents especially my father calls him a laughing stock, I personally thinks he's a low self esteem coward. He refuses to sit and actually allow others to argue with him in his history distortion attempt by him rather he seeks his like mind. I heard he's dead.. I don't wing to the dead but if he is, I'm glad. Him and emeka esogbue are so much alike because Emeka is exactly the same way. Rather than argue with those with opposing views, him waka run and open up a site just to rant out whatever nonsense that comes out of his mouth.
I keep saying it the worst thing our ancestors did was allow the bini to stay after they defeated them. That's the worst thing.
Alisimie village was founded by a great hunter from Benin called Ene while his friend, Adagbe, who migrated with him founded the quarter of Alijemisi in Alisimie village. People that fled Uteh-Okpu clan and sought refuge in Agbor clan after a kingship succession dispute founded Aliokpu village (Simpson 1936).
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
onenaira3:

Then again wtf do I except from a chronic anioma hater. Obviously you'll believe it.
Owa clan Geographically, Owa clan shares borders with Agbor clan in the west by the Orogodo River and Abavo clan, in the north Orogodo (Agbor metropolis), in the east by Umunede, Otolokpo and Ute-Okpu clans. Owa clan is made up of the seven villages and a metropolis: 1.Oyibu
2. Alizomor
3.Owa Alidinma
4.Ufie
5. Aliro
6.Owanta 7. Owa-Eke
8. Boji-Boji Owa (a metropolis) Owa has its origin in Nri, Northern Igbo (Forde and Jones 1967 and Isichei 1983). The founder of Oyibu village (also know as Owa Oyibu) was Odogu son of Ijie of Ute-Okpu (another Ika clan) who is from Nri (Northern Igbo) while "the other villages found in Owa clan are derived from Benin or other Agbor groups" (Forde and Jones 1967: 47). Oyibu village is the political centre of the Owa clan.
According to Whiting (1936), Owa oral tradition has
it that Odogu angrily left Ute-Okpu and settled near the present site of Oyibu village because his brother, Okpu, inherited everything after his fathers death, while Odogu was away serving the Oba of Benin in wars. However Ufie, the founder of Ufie village presently in the Owa clan, had already settled in the present site of Ufie village on the directive of the Oba of Benin who had bestowed on him the Obi title. After Odogu settled in Oyibu, it was claimed that Ufie invited Odogu to his Ikenga festival. Odogu, impressed by the festival, decided to celebrate it himself at Oyibu. He then invited Ufie. According to the legend, Odogu deceived Ufie into taking a subservient role during a ritual sacrifice thereby serving him. This action was observed by Odogu's subjects then proclaimed Odogu as greater
than Ufie. Odogu then took the Obi title from Ufie. This, it is claimed, accounts for why Ufie is today a village in the Owa clan. Ozomo, Odogu's brother who followed him from Ute-Okpu founded Alizomo village while Omi and his wife Iro who came from Benin founded Aliro village. Okue who came from Benin founded Owanta village. Later, Adie later arrived from Ute-Okpu to found Idumu Adie, a quarter in Owanta (Whiting 1936).
According to oral tradition, Ekei and his wife Abor who migrated from Benin when Ise was the Obi of Owa founded Owa-Eke village (Whiting's 1936). However the village of Owa-Eke initially moved away from Owa due to problems with Ise the Obi of Owa and settled at Owanike in the Benin Kingdom but the Owanike village later split and one part returned to Owa-Ekei in Owa still considering themselves as subjects of the Oba of Benin while serving the Obi of Owa. Ugbebo who was sent there
by Obi Gbenoba of Owa to protect Owa traders buying guns and gunpowder from the Kwales founded Alidinma village (Whiting 1936).
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
Idumuesah clan Idumuesah shares boundary with Ute-Okpu clan in the east, in west and south west by Abavo clan and Owa clan in the north. Idumuesah was founded by a group of people that migrated from Ugboha in Ishan, north of Ika community (Forde and Jones 1967; Whiting 1936). Whiting (1936: 22) states that
"It is uncertain whether they came to their first settlement in what is known as the Agbo bush between Oyibu and Aliro before or after Odogu". He
stated that Ibile, one of the founders, is said to have come from Ugboha in Ishan Division and to have joined with Abu from Aboh in Kwale District in settling in the Agbo bush. Oje and Ilor came from Uromi in Ishan Division and joined them (Whiting 1936). Idumuesah consists of four villages, which may once have been quarters (Idumu): 1. Iliobome
2. Aliobo
3. Alioje
4. Alilor
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
In summary, while Owa and Ute-Okpu, Ute-Ogbeje have their origin in both Igbo and Benin areas, Agbor, Abavo Ute-Ogbeje, Akumazi, Umunede, Igbodo and Mbiri trace their clans to a single source, Benin (Fordes and Jones 1967: 47). Idumuesah traces its origin to Ishan but there also are villages that may have been established by people of Ukwuani origin. While Otolokpo traces its origin to Benin there are also villages in Otolokpo that trace their origin to Agbor.
The relationship among all the Ika clans appear to be mainly in their Benin origin as well as a population shift, for various reasons, which resulted in movement or relocation of villages from one clan to another forming new allegiances as well retaining their former relationship with their origin.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
In fact most Owa and Ika names seem to have Bini roots. For example, Usifo, Iwerebor, Ugbaja, Obaigbena, Obugbe, Obaze,Iduwe, etc. are names that akin to those in Bini Kingdom. Further, the chieftaincy titles in Owa land are similar to those in Bini Kingdom, e.g. Obasagbon, Ihaza, Iyase, Osula etc. In the main, Owa originated from Bini Kingdom as all other Ika speaking groups.
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by Ubenedictus(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
what does the following words mean in igbo language? 1. ogua 2. ekete 3. agara 4. olokun 5. idigun 6. sakpamaghori 7. oye 8. isele 9. ada and eben 10. ezuzu 11. idumu 12. ogbe 13. ugbebor 14. agagango 15. ogor 16 . ikeke 17. okpan 18. oloden 19. ogiso 20. iheneden 21. ohikogbe 22. egilegeshi 23. nani 24. irehun 25. zegizegi 26. igbeoyin 27. nobore 28. igbon 29. ibiegwa 30. olokor,
Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by pazienza(m): 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Abagworo:

Bini imperialism dealt a heavy blow in the psyche of our Ika brothers, it will take time to wear off. But it surely will. Igbanke has been there and back, now they wouldn't want to have anything to do with Bini.

The Ogba own brings tears to my eyes. Imagine these people inviting the Oba of Bini, praising him and then went on to re write their history claiming they migrated from a place named Ogba in Bini and then changing their Eze title to Oba, and all these happened in this modern era o!

Choi! Aru melu. Chinchi siri umu ya nwelu nwayo na Ife di Oku ga eju onyi.

Ndiigbo atala nsi Aboki!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by pazienza(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ubenedictus:
what does the following words mean in igbo language?
1. ogua
2. ekete
3. agara
4. olokun
5. idigun 6. sakpamaghori
7. oye
8. isele
9. ada and eben
10. ezuzu
11. idumu 12. ogbe
13. ugbebor
14. agagango
15. ogor
16 . ikeke
17. okpan 18. oloden
19. ogiso
20. iheneden
21. ohikogbe
22. egilegeshi
23. nani 24. irehun
25. zegizegi
26. igbeoyin
27. nobore
28. igbon
29. ibiegwa 30. olokor,

What does the following words mean in any indigenous Nigerian language:

President, Governor, Mace, Senate, Christopher,Andrew,David,protectorate, Division, administration, Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Church, School, colony, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by pazienza(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
I have explained how and why odogwu and his descendants who ascended the throne of Owa took the name of former bini kings. This same thing happened in Ugbodu,a yoruba dialect speaking people of Anioma,they in trying to curry favour from the Oba,did exactly the same thing Odogwu and his descendants did in Owa. These are the list of former kings of Ugbodu,from the ancient to present: Adeola, Aderemi, Ariyo, Odofin; Adetunji,Oyetunji, Ogbomon, Ozoluwa, Izebuwa, Ogbelaka, Izedomen, Osakpalor, Esigie, Igbinadolor, Osalohua, Osamewanmen, Ebor, Dike, Ochei, Ezenwani, Isinyemeze.

Notice the change of the names of Ugbodu kings from their original Yoruba names, to Bini ones, corresponding to the golden era of Bini imperialism in Anioma. The Ugbodu people, an Originally Yoruba speaking people were forced to start taking up Edo names, just to curry favour from the elite Bini empire, this was exactly what happened throughout the Anioma area, and most of those Edo names and words that were borrowed, persisted as surnames even unto today. This is similar to how many Nigerian ethnic groups now have English and Christian names as first names and surnames, it does not in anyway mean that we are Hebrews or English, it simply means that we borrowed from a dominant empire.

Notice how those Bini names of Ugbodu kings died with the death of Bini empire. No Ugbodu king takes Bini names again today, Bini is no longer a power to reckon with, instead all recent Ugbodu kings all took an Igbo- Anioma native name.

The same thing happened to all Anioma towns. You only find those Bini names and words in antiquity, representing the strong days of Bini empire. With Bini now a shadow of its former glory, Anioma is returning back to its default setting, which is Igbo.

Anioma people hardly give their children Bini sounding names today, but in the past, in the golden era of Bini imperialism in the era, giving an Anioma child a Bini name might help him curry favours from the Bini imperialists, and so many Anioma parents kept giving their sons Bini names.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo by oyatz(m): 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Thank you and God bless you sir.
Language is not static but changes over time, so also is culture and even ethnic grouping!
If you see a version of the Lord's prayer written in 15th century English or original Shakespeare play works ,many of us and even many English people of 2017 can't read them without footnotes or glossaries explaining it in modern tongues.
Many present day Yoruba people don't understand ancient Yoruba languages and many Yoruba youths can't read the Yoruba Bible written less than 200years ago.
If you ask many modern day Yoruba, what are the Yoruba names for prayer and amen respectively, they will say Adura and amin, both of which are wrong but have been adopted from Arabic Language due to long term interaction of the old Oyo empire with muslims from other contemporary West African empires.

alablec:
@Kingzizzy, the problem is that we don't do research again; I have a great background in linguistics and researches in African history, we need to accept reality. Languages do evolve and change overtime, these people were not originally Igbos but if they now accept to be Igbo, fine. The people called Igbo now had different origins but they've accepted to be one just like any other tribe. The British colonial government supported the missionary to imposed Igbo language on these people because the Bible has been translated to Igbo and the Education system then, overtime they assimilated it. In my research among these people, I found out that all the Church officials that are not Britons are mainly Igbo who supported the imposition then.
The Urobos and many groups- Oguta, Onitsha and all those op mentioned traced their origins to Bini, these are not mistake. Yoruba will never claim or reject if they so wished the Apoi, Ogori, Egun and several Borgu, Nupe, etc that use the language or have assimilated nor Hausas claiming the minorities who now bear Hausa names and use no other language but Hausa. Average Ika man would not accept to be Igbo and you must also know that there are pockets of Yoruba and Igala communities in Delta North that have assimilated to their environment, you can't force them but they can accept to be Igbo just the way Apoi has assimilated but their brothers Arogbo understand Yoruba but have not assimilated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Bode George Carrying Jimi Agbaje At His Back In A Hilarious Advert (Photo) / Athan Nneji Achonu: The One-Armed Senator-elect / Lack Of Electricity Has Helped In Creating Jobs(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.