Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,356 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God (3052 Views)

Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by ODUBEZE: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
It is more of Spirituality other than being religious.
A daily routine: most people go to their Priest, Pastor's wife, Pastor, Imams e.t.c to pray (intercede) for them, where they are weak, confused or simply believe that they are anointed with such powers.
If we can do this to our fellow human, why then do we undermine the intercession of the Mother of our Saviour?
Out of ALL mention, who do U think will have our interest the most?
Even the scripture honoured her when it says:
1. "Behold from henceforth ALL GENERATIONS shall call me BLESSED" Luke1:48
2. Imagine the divine revelation in Luke 1:41-44 filled with the Holy Spirit, Elizabeth acknowledged that amongst ALL women she is the most blessed.
3. and more importantly, in humility acknowledged in surprised what she did to merit the visitation of the mother of our Saviour.
4. At the wedding in Cana, which was the first miracle performed by Jesus, even though Jesus time had not come, Mary was able to intercede, persist, even when Jesus said his time has not come, she never gave up. She told the servants"Do whatever He tell you" and that was all. If you are familiar with the story in John 2:1-10 then U know that the case did not go unresolved.
Jesus could not say NO to his mother!
Where a case becomes difficult, we need the intercession of our mother. The mother of our saviour and I can assure you that the rest will be history!
Quote Me anywhere. I am a living testimony!
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Sparrow13: 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
through Mary our mother we succeed

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
she is indeed favoured above all women.... whether you like it all not.....

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by An2elect2(f): 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
Your pagan traditions and vain worship will fade but the Word of God will stand forever

#praying for yet another reawakening#

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by ODUBEZE: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
An2elect2:
Your pagan traditions and vain worship will fade but the Word of God will stand forever

We learn every day. Can you please state with reference how this is pagan worship? and if you can't, stop condemning yourself with what you do not know or have knowledge about.
God is a mysterious God. He does what He want and nobody can question Him!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by An2elect2(f): 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
ODUBEZE:

We learn every day. Can you please state with reference how this is pagan worship? and if you can't, stop condemning yourself with what you do not know or have knowledge about.
God is a mysterious God. He does what He want and nobody can question Him!

Which is your authority? The bible or your church?

If you can answer this properly, i'll give you references

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2015
An2elect2:

"Behold from henceforth ALL GENERATIONS shall call me BLESSED" Luke1:48
The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." luke1:28

the lord is with her.... or are u now going against the word of GOD.... dont b decieved by ur misinformed pastor... ask GOD for incite and read his word... dont add nor remove from it

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by An2elect2(f): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
royallord1:

the lord is with her.... or are u now going against the word of GOD.... dont b decieved by ur misinformed pastor... ask GOD for incite and read his word... dont add nor remove from it

What do i expect from those who cherry pick scriptures and give it their own meaning. Why do you not pay heed to this God you speak of and His apostles?
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
An2elect2:

What do i expect from those who cherry pick scriptures and give it their own meaning. Why do you not pay heed to this God you speak of and His apostles?
and what did this GOD and his apostles say

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by invisibility: 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
royallord1:

The Lord was with many people in the bible. The Lord blessed many people in the bible including Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses. So we should make rosary for each of them and bow down and worship them and beg them to intercede for us.

One word:....... IGNORANCE!!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by PRINCESSO2: 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
You have to read the bible yourself so you don't get deceive that was what, wycllif and John Tyndale did.

As a matter of fact Mary does not even know you nor your name.

If you say we should channel our prayer to mary you are saying that mary is omnipotent and omnipresence well that is a lie.

many things to say but i would spare my words.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
She was only a privilleged woman read her words corretly i think she told you that, matthew and luke accounted that
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by ODUBEZE: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
An2elect2:

Which is your authority? The bible or your church?

If you can answer this properly, i'll give you references
I don't know what they teach U? But I will advice to read and digest the article again.
U will realise that I emphasize on Spirituality other than dwelling so much on religion.
You will also observe that ALL my references are taken from the scriptures which is the word of God.
Or are all the Chapters and Verses I quoted not in your Bible?
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
invisibility:

The Lord was with many people in the bible. The Lord blessed many people in the bible including Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses. So we should make rosary for each of them and bow down and worship them and beg them to intercede for us.

One word:....... IGNORANCE!!!
in christainity we believe in the trinity; God d father, God d son and God the holyspirit... only mary had the trinity exprience... i explain further...
the angel told her that the lord is with her, he went further to announce dat she is higly favoured by GOD THE FATHER... He told her she would be concieved by GOD the holy spirit... and she will give birth to God the son... whose name shall b calld emmanuel- God with us.... the trinity experienced.

how many people where greeted by an angel in this way.... in fact in the books of the new testament only mary was told the lord is with you..
catholics from what i hav studied and witness from the truly enlightened ones dont worship her but give her honour and with great belief seek her intersession in their personal problems.... alot of testimonies have come by this means of which i have witness a few ....they dont pray to her rather through her... as in the bible she has shown her intersessory power....
what will u now tell this persons that prayed through her.... dat dere answered prayer was a fluke... the first time and other subsequent times?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by ODUBEZE: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bonarboyfrezky:
She was only a privilleged woman read her words corretly i think she told you that, matthew and luke accounted that
Why is it that U find it difficult to give honour to whom honour is due to?
Then U might as well say that:
Abraham was privilege to be the father of faith or friend. ROM 4:11, James 2:23
Jacob was privilege to be called Israel. Gen. 35:10
David was privilege to be after God's heart Acts 13:22
Solomon was privilege to be the wisest man 1 Kings 4:31
Elizabeth was not filled with the Holy Spirit when she acknowledge the presence of Mother of Christ. Luke 1:41-45.
Note: check for the meaning of PRAISE in your dictionary. Elizabeth actually praised Mary but that does not mean she worshipped her!
Jesus was privilege to be our Saviour Jude Chapter 25, Mathew 1:25
or even say
God is privilege to be our Creator! Isaiah 66:2
My friend do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked, He knows what He is doing. None of these people, our fore parent we remember today can equate God.
And if you think it is easy to be privileged by GOD, then give it a try!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by invisibility: 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
royallord1:

in christainity we believe in the trinity; God d father, God d son and God the holyspirit... only mary had the trinity exprience... i explain further...
the angel told her that the lord is with her, he went further to announce dat she is higly favoured by GOD THE FATHER... He told her she would be concieved by GOD the holy spirit... and she will give birth to God the son... whose name shall b calld emmanuel- God with us.... the trinity experienced.

how many people where greeted by an angel in this way.... in fact in the books of the new testament only mary was told the lord is with you..
catholics from what i hav studied and witness from the truly enlightened ones dont worship her but give her honour and with great belief seek her intersession in their personal problems.... alot of testimonies have come by this means of which i have witness a few ....they dont pray to her rather through her... as in the bible she has shown her intersessory power....
what will u now tell this persons that prayed through her.... dat dere answered prayer was a fluke... the first time and other subsequent times?

Answered prayer indeed. People also pray to the devil and recieve answers. Any prayer not channeled through Jesus Christ ALONE is of error and the answers are not from God.

Keep cooking senseless reasons to make mary a deity. So she's part of the trinity now. Wonders shall never end!!!

I'm done with you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
1 Timothy 2:15

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men , the man Christ Jesus;

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men , the man Christ Jesus;

Please told them oo... Abi mary is now mediator between man and jesus, biko?
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
invisibility:

Answered prayer indeed. People also pray to the devil and recieve answers. Any prayer not channeled through Jesus Christ ALONE is of error and the answers are not from God.

Keep cooking senseless reasons to make mary a deity. So she's part of the trinity now. Wonders shall never end!!!

I'm done with you.
the bible says all power belongs to GOD.... even d said powers to answer prayers you claim d devil posses is gods power.. ALL POWER BELONGS TO HIM.... DOES THAT NOW MAKE GOD EVIL?

AT THE WEDDING IN CANNAN THE FIRST RECORDED MIRACLE WHICH MARKED D BEGINING OF JESUS' MINISTRY... WHO INTERCEEDED.. WHO BROUGHT IT TO BARE....? MARY RIGHT?

spiritual maturity comes with understanding... until u attain spiritual matuarity u would neva get the full picture... i was once like u confused shallow minded... i sought the truth by prayers from the holy spirit and it was clear no matter wat we say and tink there will never b any woman like her.... past present and yet to come... HER GRACE IS UNDENIABLE

alot of u so called christaln dont understand the meaning of intercession... when u are in ur various prayer time... u pray by saying GOD OF PROPHET TB JOSHUA, GOD OF BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO, GOD OF PAPA ADEBOYE.... wat do u tink u are doing... u subconciously seek quick answers to ur prayer by invoking d name of d man of god ... cos u belief he has a connection to GOD..

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

NO vex oh! enlighten me pls.....
what is the function of the holyspirit in this ur quote ?
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by ODUBEZE: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2015
royallord1:

the bible says all power belongs to GOD.... even d said powers to answer prayers you claim d devil posses is gods power.. ALL POWER BELONGS TO HIM.... DOES THAT NOW MAKE GOD EVIL?

AT THE WEDDING IN CANNAN THE FIRST RECORDED MIRACLE WHICH MARKED D BEGINING OF JESUS' MINISTRY... WHO INTERCEEDED.. WHO BROUGHT IT TO BARE....? MARY RIGHT?

spiritual maturity comes with understanding... until u attain spiritual matuarity u would neva get the full picture... i was once like u confused shallow minded... i sought the truth by prayers from the holy spirit and it was clear no matter wat we say and tink there will never b any woman like her.... past present and yet to come... HER GRACE IS UNDENIABLE

alot of u so called christaln dont understand the meaning of intercession... when u are in ur various prayer time... u pray by saying GOD OF PROPHET TB JOSHUA, GOD OF BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO, GOD OF PAPA ADEBOYE.... wat do u tink u are doing... u subconciously seek quick answers to ur prayer by invoking d name of d man of god ... cos u belief he has a connection to GOD..
Pls enlighten them the more. so many of them are doubting Thomas.
I am telling U, if it were to be our time that Jesus came, so many of them would have doubted Him as the sob of God!
For the Pentecostals, U can praise your pastors' wife. Call her all sort of endearments like Mummy, Mother-in-Israel, Jerusalem e.t.c.
But the Mother of your Saviour, U have no such words. So U think calling her such endearment is worshipping her?
YOU ARE HYPOCRITES!
In Number 21:8-9 God ask Mose to make a metal snake and that any one who look at the snake will be healed when they were bitten by it.
Now tell me does that mean that the snake is their God?
or does it mean that they worship the snake?
It is God that sees our innermost thought and knows what is in it.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
royallord1:

NO vex oh! enlighten me pls.....
what is the function of the holyspirit in this ur quote ?

The comforter is our spiritual teacher. The just shall live by revelation. Where there is no revelation, the people perish!

John 14:26

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

The comforter is our spiritual teacher. The just shall live by revelation. Where there is no revelation, the people perish!

John 14:26

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
if i told u the holy spirit is a mediator and an intercessor would u believe?
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by johnw74: 2:00am On Oct 14, 2015
royallord1:

if i told u the holy spirit is a mediator and an intercessor would u believe?

Jesus our mediator is God
the Holy Spirit is God, who comes to us in Jesus name

Mary is not God, and unless God did something that He did not tell us about,
then Mary is awaiting the resurrection as are all those who have died in Jesus Christ.
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2015
johnw74:

Jesus our mediator is God
the Holy Spirit is God, who comes to us in Jesus name

Mary is not God, and unless God did something that He did not tell us about,
then Mary is awaiting the resurrection as are all those who have died in Jesus Christ.

the holyspirit interceeds on our behalf and prays for us to GOD the father... HE mediates.... in roman 8:26
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
mary does not interceed or mediate between man and God the father but rather between man and GOD the son by the workings of the holyspirit.... as she has always done in the scripture....
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 8:32am On Oct 14, 2015
All thses una vex about Mary for naija ,na wa o, if una go eastern europe dat means na crase una go craze be dat.
Catholics not only pray for intercession through mary but also through the entire host of heaven(angels,archangels,apostles,saints),is this wrong too?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2015
Hail mary full of grace,the lord is with you,blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb,Jesus
Holy Mary,mother of God,pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our deaths ,AMen.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by johnw74: 9:54am On Oct 14, 2015
royallord1:

the holyspirit interceeds on our behalf and prays for us to GOD the father... HE mediates.... in roman 8:26
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
mary does not interceed or mediate between man and God the father but rather between man and GOD the son by the workings of the holyspirit.... as she has always done in the scripture....

@blue, Please post the scripture-the Bible verses
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by johnw74: 10:03am On Oct 14, 2015
jaegermesiter:
All thses una vex about Mary for naija ,na wa o, if una go eastern europe dat means na crase una go craze be dat.
Catholics not only pray for intercession through mary but also through the entire host of heaven(angels,archangels,apostles,saints),is this wrong too?

Are we told in the Bible to pray to Angels, Archangels, Apostles and Saints
for Christians, Jesus is our example on what to do
Jesus only prayed to Father God.
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by johnw74: 10:07am On Oct 14, 2015
jaegermesiter:
Hail mary full of grace,the lord is with you,blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb,Jesus
Holy Mary,mother of God,pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our deaths ,AMen.

@ blue, praying to Mary to pray for us is not from the Bible
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2015
johnw74:

Are we told in the Bible to pray to Angels, Archangels, Apostles and Saints
for Christians, Jesus is our example on what to do
Jesus only prayed to Father God.

Stop been naughty, I didn't say pray to angels or the host of heaven,they ask for their intercessions.this is how catholics pray. Thay pray by invocation of the most blessed trinity,and ask for the intercession of all d heavenly host,all through the name of Christ the Lord,Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some God Questions / Exegetical Analysis Of Genesis 1 & 2 Sought! / Is It A Sin For A Born Again Christian To Masturbate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.