Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God (3074 Views)

Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2015
johnw74:

@ blue, praying to Mary to pray for us is not from the Bible

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 10:10am On Oct 14, 2015
What's your point? That we are not sinners?

johnw74:

@ blue, praying to Mary to pray for us is not from the Bible

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 10:12am On Oct 14, 2015
[quote author=jaegermesiter post=38969180][/quote]

Just as the word Trinity is not in the bible and U believe in it,infact,the most holy trinity is bedrock of all christian isn't in the bible..funny eh?

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2015
Jesus only prayed to father God but u knw pray to father God,son God and Holy spirit God....only u!!!

johnw74:

Are we told in the Bible to pray to Angels, Archangels, Apostles and Saints
for Christians, Jesus is our example on what to do
Jesus only prayed to Father God.
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by johnw74: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2015
jaegermesiter:

Stop been naughty, I didn't say pray to angels or the host of heaven,they ask for their intercessions.this is how catholics pray. Thay pray by invocation of the most blessed trinity,and ask for the intercession of all d heavenly host,all through the name of Christ the Lord,Amen.

Praying to, is talking to
if you ask the Heavenly host to interceed to God for you
then you are praying to the heavenly host

But to be even more simple does the Bible tell us to ask the Heavenly host to interceed for us?
did Jesus ever do that?

Myself and other Christians pray to God directly and He hears us.
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2015
johnw74:

Praying to, is talking to
if you ask the Heavenly host to interceed to God for you
then you are praying to the heavenly host

But to be even more simple does the Bible tell us to ask the Heavenly host to interceed for us?
did Jesus ever do that?

Myself and other Christians pray to God directly and He hears us.

Really, did the bible go against intercessory prayers?? Dnt u ask ur pastors to pray for you?? The main theme here is Intercession, and who better to intercede for u rather than the entire host of heaven members of the church triumphant. Really stop been naughty

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2015
Prayer isn't abt talking,prayer is the raising of ones heart and mind unto God,the best form of prayer is silence and meditation
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Anas09: 10:32am On Oct 14, 2015
Pls don't bother with these folk, they won't see or understand what u r saying. I know, I was there. A very strong devotee. It takes the holy Spirit himself to break them free from that inductrination.
Pulling up scriptures that are not even close to support their claims. Just pray for them
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by johnw74: 10:51am On Oct 14, 2015
Anas09:
Pls don't bother with these folk, they won't see or understand what u r saying. I know, I was there. A very strong devotee. It takes the holy Spirit himself to break them free from that inductrination.
Pulling up scriptures that are not even close to support their claims. Just pray for them

@blue, you are right
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by royallord1(m): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2015
johnw74:

@blue, Please post the scripture-the Bible verses
i am speaking on the feast at cannan... when jesus turned water into wine... if u read through d gospel passage u would find that jesus never agreed to perform the miracle.... but mary in her motherly awareness of who her son was... and i dear say by her prophetic nature... she ordered the people to listen to whatever he asked of them... knowing fully that the son would never refuse any request from the mother, who for his sake she was almost labeled a harlot and possibly b stoned to death as punishment for her action... a woman who gave birth in an animal stead so as to protect the life of d child.... a woman who escaped home to egypt to save the sons life.. a woman who witness the cricification and death of her son........
THIS WOMAN DESERVES HONOUR....
IT IS WRITEN THAT DEATH ENTERED THE WORLD BY D FIRST ADAM THROUGH D ACTIONS OF THE FIRST WOMAN.....
LIFE ETERNAL IS NOW MADE AVAILABLE TO ALL MEN BY JESUS THROUGH THE ACTIONS OF ONE WOMAN. .MARY...SHE BECAME A DIVINE VESSEL THROUGH WHICH HUMANITY IS SAVED...
she is not worshipped but honoured for her sacrifice for the savaltion of humanbeings...

1 Like

Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by jaegermesiter: 11:28am On Oct 14, 2015
Please for clarification sake,you were a strong devotee of what exactly?

Anas09:
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Aizenosa(m): 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
Pls I have a question and I believe both parties should contribute to it,

It goes like this Elijah was taken in a chariot to where? I don't know but the bible said to heaven, now he went with his human body, true or false, I don't know.

Moses died and was buried here on earth, his remains were left here on earth true or false ? I leave you to answer.

Now the question, did the transfiguration take place? Why did Moses and Elijah come to earth to Jesus when He can pray to God His Father?

Pls I need answers since you all so claim Mary dis and that
Re: Why You Need The Intercession Of Mary, The Mother Of God by Aizenosa(m): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Also the 1st new testament book was written earliest 30AD now let's look at that (30 years After the Death of Christ) so I ask, please can you write exactly what happened today in 30years time?

Please I need answers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Virgintiy Is A Virtue / Striktlymi Please Tell Me Why Do You Remain A Christian / Powerful Quotes From Influential Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.